PDA

View Full Version : How would you stat/flesh out this Hero Diety Pantheon? (Players no lookie!)

Pika...
2010-05-19, 10:57 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Goblins%20and%20Kobolds%20site%20stuff/TheSleepingOnes.png

The Sleeping Ones

Long story short is that in my cosmology the Human race is near extinction by it's own hands, and has disappeared from most of the worlds in the Spelljamer spheres and across the planes.

On this world these individuals were semi-worshiped by the Humans, which became full worship near their their demise. Knowing their flocks were doomed they decided to simply not care, and instead take advantage of the situation to fully ascend beyond mortal limits. Therefore they went into a deep slumber with the help of their army of slaves, which simultaneously took their own lives to feed their dark lords their very souls to fuel them in their upcoming long sleep.

For the last two-hundred years they have laid in a deep bunker in their hatredcopter (a vehicle the size of a skyscraper, and armed to take on an army). There they have in turn absorbed the souls of every Human who has died. They wait for the final one to pass, although he is not going easily.

That individual is the main BBEG self-made cyborg to survive NPC of my world. The last of the Humans (a word that immediately causes a fear effect among most of the races that remain on this world). If he wore ever to die (aka be killed by a group of PCs/Players) he would be finally absorbed,a nd the secret (yet enormous!) bunker in the center of a ruined city would begin to open (causing the city to shake on it's own) as the copter began to rise with it's awakening cargo. Simultaneously every bit of Human remains would spring up and an enormous army of undead of various types armed with D20 Modern weapons would begin preparations to wage an assault on the Spelljammer Material Plane.

----------------------------

So, thoughts? Far too out there?

Ideas for fleshing them up, stating them up?

I imagine epic level bards all around?

Also, I allow Hero Deities to have portfolios, and a single Domain that fits. What should they be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JeenLeen
2010-05-19, 12:09 PM
It sounds like a cool plot idea. Does the BBEG know what will happen if he dies? If so, is his 'evil' based off of this? Will the players find out at some point, or will it be a surprise, or will this depend on what and how the players investigate?
That is somewhat tangential to the Sleeping Ones, but I could see it making as to how the PCs approach the BBEG.

As to stats, all epic bards could come off as cool. If you want the players to fight all the Sleeping Ones at one time, that's could be a good idea. If they are fighting them one at a time over a course of missions, I would vary their abilities to make each fight creative and new. (Although PrC could do that as well, just having Bard base.)

Also, do you have an explanation for why they absorb all human souls? Absorbing those who worshipped them or even worshiped pseudonyms that were truely them makes sense, but absorbing even those who did not worship them seems far-fetched. An artifact in their citadel could satisfy this. (Perhaps an alternative route is to destroy the artifact, which may also awaken the Sleepless Ones but in a weakened state.)

Pika...
2010-05-19, 09:02 PM
It sounds like a cool plot idea. Does the BBEG know what will happen if he dies? If so, is his 'evil' based off of this? Will the players find out at some point, or will it be a surprise, or will this depend on what and how the players investigate?
That is somewhat tangential to the Sleeping Ones, but I could see it making as to how the PCs approach the BBEG.

He knows, and he is avoiding it at all costs.

How would you say this would affect things?

As to stats, all epic bards could come off as cool. If you want the players to fight all the Sleeping Ones at one time, that's could be a good idea. If they are fighting them one at a time over a course of missions, I would vary their abilities to make each fight creative and new. (Although PrC could do that as well, just having Bard base.)

I figured they would be seen from a distance multiple times, and their music would be playing on my Mac as they sung to "power up" their minion Sub-Boss before a battle before they took off.

I am trying to think of ways of making a session based on a "theme" of the song. The song Awaken should be obvious. They will be near a lake where the aspect of the Demon Lord of Trolls (got to find his name again...) was trapped/put to slumber ages past. :smallbiggrin:. Also, I am hoping these mini-encounters will emphasis the power of their music/voices.

Anyway, I plan for when/if they actually fight them for it to be all of them together. I have NO clue whatsoever how that encounter would work, though...

Also, do you have an explanation for why they absorb all human souls? Absorbing those who worshipped them or even worshiped pseudonyms that were truely them makes sense, but absorbing even those who did not worship them seems far-fetched. An artifact in their citadel could satisfy this. (Perhaps an alternative route is to destroy the artifact, which may also awaken the Sleepless Ones but in a weakened state.)

Not really...

I just was going by the fluff of the show, where they are simply that bad-posterior.