PDA

View Full Version : Ernir vs. Tavar

Ernir
2010-05-19, 01:32 PM
On a wispy horse sits a red-headed, winged man. He is unarmored, but on his back is a glaive and at his belt a short sword.

Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Huh.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 01:34 PM
Rolling initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: OH YEAH

Tavar
2010-05-19, 01:35 PM
Okay, my max is 32. You go first.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 01:39 PM
Oh, we're in a 500x500x500 cube, but how far is it between us? Are we on the ground level in opposite corners, or what?

Tavar
2010-05-19, 01:46 PM
Uh..sure. Why not.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 02:01 PM
Huh. That's 707 feet. 0_o

My horse trots a bit closer, bringing the distance between us down to 467'.

I cast two spells. Eight duplicates of me appear. (Mirror Image, durrrr. Now let's see whether you have True Seeing.)
A little rat on my shoulder makes spellcasting gestures too.

My spells:Standard action: Eyes of the Oracle. (6th level divine slot used)
Swift Action: Quickened Arcane Fusion containing True Casting and Greater Mirror Image. (8th level Arcane Slot used)

Familiar's standard action: Cast Battlemagic Perception.

Top secret stuff:My readied action due to EotO: If my enemy comes within range, cast Fleshshiver on him.

Tavar
2010-05-19, 02:03 PM
Spell craft DC's, please.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ernir
2010-05-19, 02:07 PM
Right. DCs were lower than your check results this time. :smalltongue:

Spells cast:
I cast Eyes of the Oracle, and Quickened Arcane Fusion containing True Casting and Greater Mirror Image. The familiar cast Battlemagic Perception.

Tavar
2010-05-19, 03:54 PM
What does Eyes of the Oracle do?

Ernir
2010-05-19, 04:23 PM
From Dragon Magic:
You can see into the future, slightly anticipating your opponents' next moves. You gain a +2 insight bonus to Armor Class and a +2 insight bonus on Reflex saves. Additionally, at the end of your turn, you can ready a single standard action regardless of the number of actions taken this turn. Thus, you can move at your movement rate, make a single attack, and then at the end of your turn ready an action to cast a single spell with a casting time of one standard action. This behaves as a readied action in all other ways, including the change in your initiative, if you take the readied action, the spell's effect ends immediately.

Tavar
2010-05-19, 05:00 PM
I shapeshift into Behemoth form, and charge.
Attacks Unarmed Strikes; [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]
Damage US; [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

Gore attack; [roll10]
Damage; [roll11]

Stamps: [roll12] [roll13]
Damage; [roll14] [roll15]

Claws; [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

Damage. [roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23]

For every one that hits, make a grapple check(snatch feat). My checks are, in order,
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]

Note, I have true seeing active. My attacks ignore armor bonus grantted by spells, including spell trigger or spell completion items, and any attack automatically dispells all such protections. I also ignore miss chances granted by spells or abilities. My attacks are considered Epic, Magic, Adamantime and Cold Iron for the purpose of DR. They also have the ghost touch property. If you are an Evil outsider, you take and additional 4 damage per hit.

Essentia 0/11

Sphinx Claws(Hands)
Girallon Arms(Totem)
Totem Avatar(Shoulders)
Shedu Crown 4
Kraken Mantle
Ankheg Breastplate

Blue Steel Bracer 4
Incarnate Avatar 3
Planar Ward

Stance-Master of the Field

Manuevers granted-all
Quench the Fire
Wear Away the Earth
Cresting Wave
Risky Gambit
Elder Mountain Hammer
Phoenix’s Embrace
Seize the Blade
Foehammer
Imperator’s Warning

Edit; Nevermind. Not close enough yet. I close the distance another 300ft, while shapeshifted into Behemoth form.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 07:41 PM
"All right, beast, let's see which of us luck favors today! Onwards!"

I urge my mount forward, and reduce the distance between us to 90 feet.

I reach into my bag, and take out a rod.
I cast a spell. You find yourself in an energy field. Check to overcome spell resistance: [roll0]
If the SR check succeeds, Make a DC 33 Will save or be dazed for 1 round. You also take 132 points of damage unless you are a chaotic outsider. Spellcraft DC to identify = 24.

I cast another spell. Check to overcome spell resistance: [roll1]
If it succeeds, you take [roll2] points of force damage, DC 28 reflex save for half. If you fail the save, you are also dazed for one round. Spellcraft DC to identify = 19.

The rat casts a spell. Ranged Touch attack: [roll3]. Check to overcome spell resistance: [roll4]
If it succeeds, you are unable to take full round actions, and may only take one standard action or one move action each round. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. Spellcraft DC to identify = 18.

Action summary:
My move action: Take out rod.
Standard action: Rod-maximized Maw of Chaos, centered on the opponent's location. (Level 9 arcane slot)
Swift action: Arcane Fusion containing Wings of Flurry and True Strike. This was quickened through Residual Magic. (Level 5 arcane slot)

Top secret:Ready action from EotO to cast Fleshshiver on my opponent should he come within 80' of me.

Familiar's actions:
Standard: Cast Ray of Dizziness on my opponent.

For the record, I am now aware of any and all spellcasting that you do. :smalltongue:

Ernir
2010-05-19, 07:46 PM
Ew! My rat rerolls that ranged touch attack. [roll0]

And I roll the SR check on the first spell. [roll1]

Top secret: That means the Destiny domain granted power and my luck blade reroll are done.

Tavar
2010-05-19, 09:12 PM
Spellcraft [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Save Will [roll3]
Ref[roll4]

The Touch Attack Hits.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 09:57 PM
OK, the spells you identify are Wings of Flurry (wrapped in an Arcane Fusion along with a True Strike. What is the RAW on spellcraft checks to identify this thing, anyway? :smallconfused:) from me and a Sting Ray from the familiar.

And now that I look at Wings of Flurry, I see that I needed to get much closer in order to fire it off. So I guess I am 55' away. Does that change anything?

And is it your turn to act? (A.K.A are you immune to Force effects or Daze?)

Tavar
2010-05-19, 10:04 PM
Nope, not immune to any of those.

Ernir
2010-05-20, 07:50 AM
I guess that means it's my turn again. I shout out spell names this time. :smalltongue:

"Fleshshiver!"
If you have less than 22 HD, you are stunned, no save. If this SR check goes through. [roll0]

I take out my glaive.

"Quickened Whirling Blade!", I say, and throw the glaive at you. Touch attack: [roll1] for [roll2]. It returns to my hand afterwards.

You also take another 132 points of damage, and must make another Will save or be dazed.

My rat does not seem to do anything, and I do not move.

Top Secret:
Readied Final Rebuke on him if he attempts to come any closer.

Tavar
2010-05-20, 01:33 PM
SR doesn't go through, will save [roll0].

Tavar
2010-05-20, 01:39 PM
Claws; [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Damage. [roll4] [roll]2d6+15[roll] [roll5] [roll]2d6+15[roll]

For every one that hits, make a grapple check(snatch feat). My checks are, in order,
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Attacks Unarmed Strikes; [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
Damage US; [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

Gore attack; [roll20]
Damage; (3d8+15)[27]

Stamps: [roll21] [roll22]
Damage; [roll23] [roll24]

Note, I have true seeing active. My attacks ignore armor bonus grantted by spells, including spell trigger or spell completion items, and any attack automatically dispells all such protections. I also ignore miss chances granted by spells or abilities. My attacks are considered Epic, Magic, Adamantime and Cold Iron for the purpose of DR. They also have the ghost touch property. If you are an Evil outsider, you take and additional 4 damage per hit.

Ernir
2010-05-20, 02:56 PM

Well, my Top Secret readied action goes off. You are shot with a Final Rebuke.

SR check: [roll0].

Roll a DC 31 Will save or die. If you succeed, you are still dazed.

Ernir
2010-05-20, 02:57 PM
I am going to reroll that SR check. [roll0]

Tavar
2010-05-20, 04:25 PM
How are you rerolling all of these checks?

Ernir
2010-05-20, 04:35 PM
How are you rerolling all of these checks?

That last one was the Fatespinner's Resist Fate ability, the other two were the Destiny Domain granted power and a Luckblade use. :smalltongue:

EDIT: And now that I look it up, the Destiny Domain power requires an immediate action to use. Which I had already spent on a swift action. So strike that. :smallsigh:

EDIT2: Did the Ray of Dizziness not affect you? That's an awful lot of movement and attacks if all you have is one standard action.

Tavar
2010-05-20, 04:49 PM
It's a charge action, combined with pounce. So, what exactly happened here?

Edit: To be clear, it's a partial action charge, combined with 150ft fly speed(perfect) and pounce.

Ernir
2010-05-20, 06:40 PM
It's a charge action, combined with pounce. So, what exactly happened here?

Edit: To be clear, it's a partial action charge, combined with 150ft fly speed(perfect) and pounce.

Ah. A partial charge. That makes sense.

Anyway, what ends up happening is that you start charging, which triggers my readied action from Eyes of the Oracle (which is expended in the progress). The readied action being to cast Final Rebuke (SpC) on you.

So, if none of the following applies:
You are immune to enchantments
You are immune to mind-affecting stuff
You are immune to compulsions
You are immune to fear
You possess SR greater than 32
Then you are definitely dazed. If you in addition fail the Will save (not bloody likely), you die.

If any of this applies, you charge through my spell and tear me several new ones. :smalleek:

Tavar
2010-05-20, 08:26 PM
I'm immune to fear.

[roll0]

So, what happens?

Ernir
2010-05-21, 10:14 PM
Well, that means you crash into me, ignore my defenses and deal

20+ [roll0] 25 + [roll1] + 42+ 42 +43 + 38 + 38 + 27+ 25 + 30 = 371 points of damage.

Which kills me when you are about halfway through the attack routine. At which point I immediately come to life again (Contingent Revivify), and the remainder of the attack routine kills me again.

I could try having my familiar resurrect me, but I think it's fair to say at this point that you've won. :smalltongue: