PDA

View Full Version : Where's "elf"?

Trixie
2010-05-19, 05:22 PM
The "wanted" poster mentioned 5 people in Nale's party.

Current flashback shows only four.

So, where is the "elf" during this battle? :smallconfused:

Garland
2010-05-19, 05:25 PM
What elf? there's no elf. There never was any elf.

The elf, like mind control, is and was a fabrication.

ps there is no mind control. Everything's fine.

Gift Jeraff
2010-05-19, 05:30 PM
The "wanted" poster mentioned 5 people in Nale's party.

Current flashback shows only four.

So, where is the "elf" during this battle? :smallconfused:

My guess?Rich has a Linear Guild prequel in the works, and this is hinting at the order of events.
Well, I guess that's more wishful thinking.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-19, 06:15 PM
My guess?Rich has a Linear Guild prequel in the works, and this is hinting at the order of events.
Well, I guess that's more wishful thinking.

That'd be cool.

Faleldir
2010-05-19, 06:28 PM
Between "elemental" and "ethereal filcher".

JonestheSpy
2010-05-19, 06:33 PM
Try "off-panel".

Gift Jeraff
2010-05-19, 06:36 PM
However, Zz'dtri being recruited later or otherwise not present in the big battle (perhaps in the backlines or dealing with soldiers) would fit with him being the only associate not being properly identified in the wanted ad (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0715.html), which some people felt was a stretch just to allow for V to get captured.

derfenrirwolv
2010-05-19, 07:24 PM
Its a drow. Thats only a small step down from ninja. Put more ranks in spot and you'll see him.

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-19, 07:29 PM
At Rogers'

That'd be cool.

If that is true, that may be the first OotS book I get.

...No-one on my family owns a paypal account. Neither do I. >.>;;

sihnfahl
2010-05-19, 07:37 PM
Probably already doing the wisest course of action when faced with a Cleric who's effectively administering a beat-down on a succubus, an angry Red Dragon who's got your muscle in her mouth, and a good-level fighter who's not just beating down on your leader but has done so without taking a lick of damage...

"Expeditious Retreat!"

GSFB
2010-05-19, 11:16 PM
My guess is that because elves are interchangeable as far as the LG is concerned, they had one elf then, s/he died or was seized by lawyers, they got another elf later, s/he died or was seized by lawyers...

So a wanted poster would do well to say "and with an unspecified elf" or something.

Cealocanth
2010-05-19, 11:22 PM
I count five members of the early Linear guild.

1. Nale
2. Thog
3. Zz'dtri
4. Hilyagh
5. YikYik

Zz'dtri is the elf. V was mistaken for them. The lizardfolk only managed to capture 3 of the members.

Kish
2010-05-19, 11:53 PM
I count five members of the early Linear guild.

1. Nale
2. Thog
3. Zz'dtri
4. Hilyagh
5. YikYik
What happened to Sabine?

Elfey
2010-05-19, 11:59 PM
I think the Drow, whose existence infringes on the IP of a certain other entity, was left out because the joke ran it's course, and The Giant doesn't feel the need to skirt fair use anymore. Plus, it's funnier that way because then the Lawyers made it so he's retroactively gone from any strips set before #65.

factotum
2010-05-20, 01:50 AM
One assumes Tarquin never got a good look at Zz'dtri, considering the wanted poster listed "subtype unknown". Why that would be is anyone's guess!

megabyter5
2010-05-20, 06:41 AM
Because of the interference of the lawyers, Zz'dtri will be present but invisible in all flashback strips he would normally appear in. Hopefully, the Linear Guild prequel book will come out sooner or later, and I bet he'll be there, but censored in some way so as to not interfere with someone's intellectual property regarding a suspiciously similar character to Zz'dtri.

Souhiro
2010-05-20, 06:49 AM
Well, I think thar Tarquin is a little racist, and since Zz'dtri is Black-skinned...

Yes, I think that Tarquin, being such a racist, would like Darth V' actions.

Beorn080
2010-05-20, 10:37 AM
Because of the interference of the lawyers, Zz'dtri will be present but invisible in all flashback strips he would normally appear in. Hopefully, the Linear Guild prequel book will come out sooner or later, and I bet he'll be there, but censored in some way so as to not interfere with someone's intellectual property regarding a suspiciously similar character to Zz'dtri.

Rich already set up Zz'drti up for effective censorship. What's its favorite spell? Fly! Zz'dtri will always be flying above the group, just off panel.

doodthedud
2010-05-20, 10:46 AM
Between "elemental" and "ethereal filcher".

you win an internet

Rotipher
2010-05-20, 02:58 PM
Considering how the Western Continent seems to be the elf homeland, it may be that an elf (not necessarily drow) assisted Nale's party in escaping from the Empire of Blood after their beatdown. That would explain why the wanted poster doesn't specify a subtype: none of Tarquin's people actually saw the elf, they just saw footprints left behind by some kind of elf. Zz'drti didn't necessarily join Nale's group until much later, when he learned about the OotS and needed an elf wizard and dwarf cleric to round out the Linear Guild's roster.

Snake-Aes
2010-05-20, 03:49 PM
Considering how the Western Continent seems to be the elf homeland, it may be that an elf (not necessarily drow) assisted Nale's party in escaping from the Empire of Blood after their beatdown. That would explain why the wanted poster doesn't specify a subtype: none of Tarquin's people actually saw the elf, they just saw footprints left behind by some kind of elf. Zz'drti didn't necessarily join Nale's group until much later, when he learned about the OotS and needed an elf wizard and dwarf cleric to round out the Linear Guild's roster.

You mean I can't take a -15 penalty on my survival check to appraise the footprints and acknowledge that the grains of sand between the toes are turned sideways, which is exclusively a drow trait?