PDA

View Full Version : Survive the Volcano (Freeform survival game)

dresdor
2010-05-19, 07:50 PM
The volcano still erupts, and you've barely escaped the lava flows. Singed, and unsure if anyone you know survived, you've managed to make it with the clothes on your back to a small clearing a short distance away. The land here is higher, and safe from the lava.

Characters:

Jirdo

Name: Jirdo Silvertongue

Attributes
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Constitution: 1
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 2
Charisma: 3

Skills
Diplomacy Rank 1: Good At
Mysticism Rank 1: Good At
Management Rank 1: Trained At
Apothecary Rank 1: Trained At

Background expected please

Idris

Name: Idris Vehement

Attributes
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 1

Skills
Trapmaking Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Scavenging Rank: 1 (Good at)
Building Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Hunting Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Bowmaking Rank: 1(Good at)

Background expected

Charles

Charles

Attributes
Wisdom: 3

Skills
Bowmaking Rank: 1(good at)
Scouting Rank: 2 (trained in/good at)
Archery Rank: 2 (trained in/good at)

Charles is a tall man, swift and rather quiet. He tends to be the one in the back of the room, preferring the woods to society. He is seldom seen without his bow and pack, which has a few rations, arrows, and a compass. He considers himself loyal to the community, although he may not be seen there for weeks or months at a time, having gone out to explore.

Gemmin

Name: Gemmin
Strength (Raw Physical Power):1
Dexterity (Finesse and fine motor skills):2
Constitution (Health and Heartiness):2
Intelligence (Ability to think and learn):2
Wisdom (Insight, deductive thinking, and mental strength):2
Charisma (Force of personality, likeability and physical attractiveness):1

Skills:
blacksmith Rank: 2(trained and good,)
agriculture Rank: 2(trained and good)

Rough sketch: Gemmin is of moderate height, with shaggy black hair and a reserved scowl. He is stern and independent, but feels reluctantly compelled to help out when someone's in a tight spot. Manual labor helps focus his mind, and when he's not actively engaged in a task he can get irritable.

Background Expected

Brutha

Brutha
Brutha is a very large, and not what you'd call an attractive woman. she is quite athletic and has used her strength to prove usefull to the tribe. she is helpfull, but also usually shunned by the rest. she is used to live in the margins, doing the hard work, and is fairly happy by it. few had spoken mroe than needed with Brutha, but those few who have found out that she is kind and thoughtfull, in her own slow way.
Brutha has not yet married. perhaps this saddens her, no one asked. instead of children she has taken to take care for simple animals near the camp.

Str- 3
dex- 1
con- 2
int- 1
wis- 2
cha- 1
• Simple manual labour Rank: 2 (trained at & good at). this include digging, pushing, carrying, and the like.
• Animal Husbandry Rank: 1 (good at): taming animals, handling animals, and taking care of them.

Background Expected

Adrian

Name: Adrian

Str: 3
Dex: 1
Con: 1
Int: 2
Wis: 1
Cha: 2

Woodcutting Rank: 1(Trained In)
Naturalism Rank: 1(knowledge of plants/animals) (Trained In)
Diplomacy Rank: 1(Good At)

Description: Adrian is a tall youth of about 18 years. He's about six feet tall with broad shoulders, and a somewhat innocent looking face. He's got long black hair, and tanned skin from working outside in the sun a lot. His face is usually accompanied by a wide smile.

Personality: Adrian is easy-going and energetic, even when circumstances are less-than-favorable. He's usually the first to try to break up an argument. If he doesn't get his way, he usually mopes around for a bit before finding something new to be excited about. Adrian likes competitions, and almost never turns down a challenge. He never gets too upset over losing, though.

Backstory: Adrian is the youngest son of a lumberjack, and the only one to survive the volcano. He spent most of his time outside, but managed to get an education with the money his father accumulated, being the only one in his family to go through any schooling. He has 4 brothers and a sister, two of which died from illnesses. He's had a relatively happy lifetime, despite recently losing his family, and could very well have trouble understanding people who have had less fortunate circumstances.

Draenor

Draenor
Str 1
Dex 1
Con 1
Int 3
Wis 3
Cha 1

Skills:
Clockwork/motorized construction Rank: 2(trained and good at; clockwork traps, then clockwork animals, electronic traps, then super battle suit construction )
Mysticism/occult Rank: 2(aka magic development, striking people with lightning. As time goes on, more flashy evocations, like lava. trained and good at)
Chemistry Rank: 2(trained in and good at; starts as the ability to make stronger metals for the smith, eventually making material for super battle suits(includes electronics and shields.)

Character personality: always looking for progress. Will spend days developing something, and then scrapping it and starting over. Will talk with anyone, but few people match his level of thinking. He is certainly not a combatant, but is someone you'd like to have on your side, as he'll give you the extra 'oomph' to win the battle, like striking your foes with lightning, setting traps for your foes, striking your foes with lightning, developing technology that is better that other people's, striking your foes with lightning, using lightning to power electronics, and ultimately, striking your foes with lightning.

Character backstory: Draenor has led a hard life so far. First, his parents were killed while hunting. Then he was stuck in the orphanage, where he passed his time tinkering with small little objects, usually thinking about how to aquire and tinker with larger objects. Eventually, his uncle took him out of the orphanage. His uncle used him for manual labor, and eventually was struck by lightning, while holding up a large metal rod. Then, back at the orphanage, he was now not only interested in building things, but also the power of nature and harnessing that power. So he tinkered with things, and then studied nature, and how he could summon lightning to do his bidding. Eventually, lightning struck the small object he was tinkering with, and then it blew up. The next month, when there was another lightning storm, he built another tinkered object. This one spun around, then blew up. And so it went on, some blowing up quicker than others, but in the end, so far, all of them blew up. The record time for staying intact is 15 seconds. Eventually, he studied nature more and more so that he would figure out how to make lightning strike his inventions, so that he wasted less time in development. Then, eventually, when the town was destroyed from lava, he was up on a hill testing his latest invention, which was how he escaped the lava. Ever since then, he has been striving harder and harder to build something to help rebuild the town. So far, he has improved metallurgy (don't know the setting here that well, he either showed them how to make bronze/iron/steel/other metal combination), but he, above all else, is still building little gadgets to be blown up in lightning storms in all the time he isn't using to help the town, study magic, eat, sleep, or make traps for small animals so that he can eat.

Character appearance: he is a small, frail person wearing oddly colored (and burnt) robes, muttering things that you can't understand ('well, if I do this, tweak this, but then this,... but if this...'). He seems peculiar, but just a harmless person. Then he hands you the latest trap that he made, which looks like it would tie you up and hang you, immobile, up from a tree branch, if you even looked at it the wrong way. And then he summons a small cloud of lightning, and the small toy he holds in his hands starts spinning for a couple of seconds before he tosses it in the air and it explodes.

Aldro

Name: Aldro Tuulros
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Cobalt Blue
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 147 lbs.

Attributes:
Strength - 1
Dexterity - 3
Constitution - 1
Intelligence - 2
Wisdom - 2
Charisma - 1

Skills
Archery Rank: 2 (Good at, Trained in)
Woodwork Rank: 1 (Good at)
Smelting Rank: 1 (Trained in)

Bio
Aldro was raised by his father, who was a woodworker, and his two older brothers, Gelro and Hunnar. Aldro's mother died when he was 3 and essentially bears no memories of her, for which he almost feels guilt. Ever since he was young, he would followed his father to the woods to accompany him on his assortment of daily work. Occassionaly Aldro would hold an axe or a saw, but his passion truly lay in the trees themselves. He was never as strong as Gelro or hearty as Hunnar, but he was by far the fastest and hardest to catch. He would often disappear for hours on end, scaling the trees and hopping branch to branch; when he was tired he would sit on the forest floor and carve sticks with a knife his father gave him. He always saw some of the older boys shooting sticks with feathers and sharpened heads on the end from a curved piece of wood with a taut string connected to it, but all of his attempts to recreate such objects always failed. Because of this, he would take his brothers' bows and arrows with him into the forest, and taught himself how to shoot. He is a very enthusiastic and spunky young adult, but also down to earth.

As he grew older, he realized that his shenanigans and interests would only be of trivial importance to The Village. As much as he was involved with woodworking, via his father, he knew that his father's skills would always far surpass his, not to mention that there were already plenty of woodworkers anyways. He realized that The Village had close to no smelters. He knew there were only a few miners, but the ore eventually would stack up and was unusable for long periods of time. So in order to be an effective member of The Village, he took apprenticeship under the current smelter when he was fourteen, and ended apprenticeship when he was 18 years old.

Mark Smith

Name: Mark Smith

Strength 2
Dexterity 1
Constitution 1
Intelligence 2
Wisdom 3
Charisma 1

Skills:
cooking Rank 2 (good at, trained in)
wood working Rank: 1(good at)
herbalism Rank: 1 (Good At)
lumberjacking Rank: 1 (Trained In)

Bio: Mark Smith was only 15 when the disaster happened. pre disaster he was the apprentice to both the town's lead cook and the town's carpenter and wood cutter director. Being so young, his body really hasn't developed the muscle needed to cut wood as well as a man made out of pure muscle, but he learned the theory from his master and could cut down trees with less effort if not less time. unfortunately, both his master and the master cook both perished in the lava leaving him as the town's source of prepared meals and firewood. Mark is a late bloomer. He is only about 5 foot 5 inches tall with sandy brown hair with a blue eye (right) and a gray one (left) giving him an unkempt and imbalanced look. He was always treated as the runt when he was young and kind of seen with pity among adults, especially right after the disaster. some of the townsfolk have learned to rely on his skills rather than his appearance, others, have not, But Mark knows that one day, he will become a great cook and a great lumberjack, provided that the wolves don't get him first...

Tribe Notes:

Settled in a clearing near the volcano.

Settlement Notes:

No Building Constructed
No Supplies
No Tools
Nearby Area Unexplored

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-19, 07:58 PM
Jirdo Silvertongue glances around the large clearing. Slowly, he limps his way to the center and sets himself down next to a rock, his face towards the dark clouds above. "Why didn't the Gods fortell me of these events? Why forsake us? Have we not been faithful?"

Jirdo's head lolls down as it hangs between his shoulders. "If you are still listening, please spare some of your followers..." A single tear rolls down his face.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:01 PM
First week's post:
Draenor will find a cave or other outcove high up, with a view, so that he can survey the surrounding area and scan for survivors, as well as observe nature, for example, by watching thunderstorms. He will, when in the cave, scrounge around for materials he could use to make a snare; as his specialty is clockwork, and this is a primitive snare, he would take a penalty on the check.
[roll0] +3 (for intelligence on figuring out how to build it) +2 (for max ranks invested in skill (do not actually know, but I am trained in it and am good at it.) -1 (because my specialty is clockwork, and this is nowhere near the sophistication of the parts I need for my specialty. Following this, if the check succeeds, then I will build several traps and scatter them over the mountain so that they would trap me some food. My character would then light a fire, and practice summoning lightning for the rest of the week, stopping daily to sleep, check the traps, and possibly cook dinner. If I fail the check, then I will keep trying to build it until I succeed or the week is over.
Result is 5 to make a primitive snare; correct me if I'm wrong in saying that I succeeded the check.
This will be postponed until initial responses are done. These actions are rescinded.

Mechanichi
2010-05-19, 08:03 PM
"Ugh..."

As Adrian's consciousness slowly returns to him, he painfully moves upward to a sitting position, and puts his hand on his forhead, grimacing.

"What just... happened?" he wonders out-loud as he tries to recall the recent events. He remembers bright red, screaming, running, but sees them all as individual elements rather than the eruption as a gestalt event. Adrian barely manages to get into a standing positions, and looks around for any other survivors. "Hello?"

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:14 PM
Still holding the remnants of his last project in his hands from the hill he had been experimenting on, he turns and faces the village. NO! he bellows as he sees his town, his lab, and his friends all being submersed in lava. NO! He turns, and, to his grateful surprise, he sees some other members of his village in a nearby clearing. He rushes to them, and then says the comfort of our society is lost. We are alone in the wild, and there is no one to fall back on.
(waits for replies)
I shall attempt to make traps, so we can feed ourselves. I will be around the valley scavenging for parts if you need me for anything. 'Tis better that we eat and moan, than be starved and die in sorrow.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:15 PM
check to make traps: [roll0] +3 (for high int)

dresdor
2010-05-19, 08:15 PM
OOC: DMofDarkness, just so you know...the nearest mountain happens to be a very erupting volcano, so finding a suitable cave that isn't full of magma or otherwise dangerous might be dangerous. Also are you intending to live as a hermit or as part of the village? just curious.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:19 PM
OOC: I am planning on being an active part of the village, but being some distance away from it. Knowing that the only mountain nearby is a volcano, then I will not look for a cave, and instead just make note that I'm changing my actions on the post. Also, did I make a trap (for small game?)

Alth Falath
2010-05-19, 08:24 PM
Charles
Charles dusts himself off, then looks over the remains of the town. "Good thing I always keep my gear with me," he says. "I'll scout out the nearby area, see what I can find for food and shelter"

First action: Scout out the nearby area, making note of nearby wood and food supplies, as well as caves.

dresdor
2010-05-19, 08:25 PM
OOC: I'm not going to process the whole week's actions, but I'll make a ruling that you do indeed manage to make a simple snare capable of catching a small mammal, like a rabbit or a fox, out of available materials. Making anything advanced will require access to metals and the like.

Also, until you have metals to work with or find a way to make mechanisms out of wood and other things you have I'm ruling that your skills can't apply to these actions. A simple snare isn't very clockwork/mechanical, but a metal snare or bear trap might be (with some penalty). Otherwise you are fairly right in the mechanics, but the penalty is variable depending how close it is to your skill and how general your skill is.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:27 PM
OOC: so I just apply my int? and nothing else?

Mechanichi
2010-05-19, 08:27 PM
(OOC: Just a thought... maybe we should introduce ourselves or something? I'm assuming this is starting as soon as we escaped the volacano; we don't already know eachother.)

As the fog around his head clears, Adrian looks around and noticed a handful of other people who managed to escape the calamity. He looks around, wondering how everything changed so fast, and asks, "What just happened?"

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-19, 08:28 PM
Wow DMofDarkness, that is one hell of a bounce back from losing people you've known all your lives.

Jirdo looks up when he hears the hello in the distance. "Hello? Did I hear someone or am I going insa..." his eyes, scanning the forest comes across a slightly raised figure along the edge of the clearing. Standing up, he limps as fast as he can towards the shape and comes across... "Adrian! Thank the Gods! Here, let me help you up." Jirdo leans down and lifts Adrian to his feet, guiding him to the center of the clearing.

It his so good to see you alive, my friend!" As soon as this is out of his mouth, Draenor makes his way into the clearing. "Draenor! Yes, I am fully aware of the circumstances." Draenor tells Jirdo of his plans. "Already you leave us to make traps? This is a time to regroup and make plans, not run around willy-nilly!!!" his face becoming red with frustration and anguish.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:29 PM
Draenor will approach Mechanichi's character, and ask What's your name? I'm Draenor. We should get to know each other, as we are, indeed, both stuck in the same boat for some time, so to speak.
Jirdo, I am aware that this is a time of grief, but we must be practical. We must put our feelings aside, at least until we can ensure that we don't end up with our families.
@Doc_Shiny There is a reason his charisma's low. He doesn't understand how other people think that well, and is a very practical person. He is just putting the feelings of the dead aside to allow the tribe to survive as a whole. Due to his charisma, he can't really express that well.

Mechanichi
2010-05-19, 08:34 PM
Adrian sighs in relief and responds, "Thanks... I'm glad you're okay. I think I sprained my leg," he says as he is being helped by Jirdo.

As Draenor approaches him he quietly replies "I'm Adrian. I don't think I've seen you before."

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:38 PM
I have not really been around town, as I've been stuck in the orphanage most of my life, and spent most of that working on small contraptions he sighs. I've never had much of a social life.

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-19, 08:41 PM
Looking at Adrian he gestures to his leg, "If I may."

Jirdo pulls back Adrian's torn pants and starts to study his leg. "Hm... Draenor I need a few short sticks and some green leaves, if you'd please."

DMofDarkness, I wasn't trying to be an ass. :smallredface: Just playing my emotion character out.

Mechanichi
2010-05-19, 08:45 PM
Adrian moved his leg to a better position where Jirdo could examine it. "Thanks. Do you mind telling me what happened? I'm a bit... dazed."

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:46 PM
Doc_Shiny: I understand. It can be hard to transmit that over the internet.
I will retrieve the leaves and sticks. Here you are, Jirdo. Just call if you need anything. I shall be helping the survivors before building the traps. Adrian, what happened was that our town was hit by a volcano. You're one of the few survivors. Draenor hurries off to see if anyone else is injured or unconcious, and tend to them.

dresdor
2010-05-19, 08:47 PM
Jirdo examines the leg and finds that it is indeed just a mild sprain. It will be tender for a few days, but otherwise will be perfectly fine.

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 08:58 PM
I shall make us a fire. That way, we could boil water and cook food. Also, I think a charcoal pit would be a good idea. I can't dig well, but I can, however, try trapping. (proceeds to do that, then the week's actions unless anyone asks anything of him)

actions for week (cut and pasted elsewhere)

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 09:06 PM
if possible to even try summoning magic now, will attempt to summon lightning bolt, whether it is immediately or over the course of a week.
[roll0] +3 (for wisdom) +1 (for being good at it) +1(for being trained in it.) 7. Did I at least make a spark?

dresdor
2010-05-19, 09:26 PM
if possible to even try summoning magic now, will attempt to summon lightning bolt, whether it is immediately or over the course of a week.
[roll0] +3 (for wisdom) +1 (for being good at it) +1(for being trained in it.) 7. Did I at least make a spark?

You feel a tingle in the air, but no jolt of lightning. You feel that you could, with practice, eventually summon lightning from the sky, but not even a spark can be seen.

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 09:38 AM
bounce

Did you update yet? We have a fire at the camp site. Also, edited actions over the course of the week. Roll to make tent/small, semi-sturdy construction that keeps rain off me while I sleep: [roll0] +3 (int)

Kuma Da
2010-05-20, 12:16 PM
Gemmin

Soot-blackened, hair singed, clothes faintly steaming, Gemmin struggles up the slope towards the campsite. Catching sight of Adrian, Jirdo, and the rest, he wheezes out a sigh of relief. "You're alive," he mumbles. "This is good. I'm going to pass out now."

-

Some time later, Gemmin comes around on his own. He fumbles his way into a sitting position and explains his own escape from the village. "It looked like fire, right? Fire running down the mountain? I did the only sensible thing and hid in the **** river. By the time the water started boiling, I was far enough downstream that I could slip out without the air baking me alive." Trying to brush some of the soot off his face, he ends up smearing it instead. "Ugh. You'd think I'd be used to this."

Actions for the week: search the surrounding area for any surviving edible plants. Using shirt as a makeshift container, gather up volcanic ash by the campsite (low priority.) Attempt to locate a source of water (priority.) Scrounge vines, wood, and stones. Make a hammer. Scrounge flint or obsidian (volcanic site. There should maybe be some there from before.) Use hammer to make stone blades. Scrounge wood and vines. Use blades with wood and vines to make spears.

Yeah, it's a lot, but they're all fairly short actions and it's an entire week. Gemmin will attempt to get through as many as possible after finding water, and if he manages them all, he'll start stockpiling ash.

Averagedog
2010-05-20, 01:17 PM
Mark woke up with a start and groaned. He was lying underneath a collapsed tree trunk, the tree he was cutting for firewood for the city. When suddenly there was a great flash, an explosion, which was then followed by the sound of cracking lumber. Mark crawled forward from beneath the trunk. Luckily for him, he was standing at the base of the tree so it fell at an angle and did not crush him. Mark looked at himself, no visible injuries other than a fat lump on his head. good... He reached down and picked up the hatchet he was using to cut the last remaining resistance from the tree. The main axe was stuck under the trunk and was unsalvageable.

For the first time Mark looked around and noticed the stream of lava that flowed from the mountain, flowed directly to the spot where the city used to be.

"By the gods," he whispered as he fell to his knees. Tears suddenly started flowing out as he realized his family and friends may be dead. Before he could break down into uncontrollable sobs, he suddenly realized there could be survivors. With that thought in mind, he started stumbling towards the remains of the city and some high ground to see if he could spot other people.

It took him a day and a night, but he saw a campfire and headed towards it where he found other survivors. He asked around to see if his parents, his master, or his friends were around. No one heard anything. It was a hard week for him to adjust. he cried often when many of the others slept to hide his shame and his regrets. During the day he helped ration out the food, and prepare it for consumption as the apprentice cook. He also chopped wood with his hatchet to varying degrees of success...

[roll0]

to feed the fire.

Mechanichi
2010-05-20, 02:26 PM
Actions for the day:

The first thing Adrian will do when he's able is look for a stick big enough to serve as a walking stick, as to not put too much pressure on his leg. Then he's going to go around searching for firewood, or edible plants. I'm going to do a Naturalism roll [roll0] add 2 for intelligence, and 1 for skill ranks.

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 09:52 PM
Draenor will build several traps and lay them out in the woods. 3 traps, if possible. He checks them every day. He also gathers material for a shack/tent and tries to buile it. When he is not working on the traps, checking on the traps, eating, working on the hut, or sleeping, he will try to find sharp stones, preferably obsidian, and use that to carve a hollow ring out of a tree trunk about 1 foot in diameter and 4 inches tall, and 1/2 inch thick, the trunk was possibly the one that was felled before Mark saw the volcano. This will eventually serve as the outside of a bear trap. If he cannot do it himself right, he will ask someone skilled in woodworking, possibly Mark. Also, if there is any rainstorm, he will meditate and observe the pattern of how the lightning moves before it hits, thus studying nature, the medium through which he wants to use his magic from. Checks: [roll0] (for making the outer ring) [roll1] (to study occult and develop a method to cast spells.) and [roll2] (if he learns enough, channeling the energy of lightning (during the storm) to light a fire (it is as of yet an untrained skill)
Please disregard the last 2 checks if there is no rain shower. EIDT/CLARIFICATION: the spell trying to be developed merely directs the lightning, not conjure or empower it.
he will meditate and try to summon the powers of nature to conjure a lightning bolt to light a pile of wood he lay before him to start a fire. (yes, we already have a fire. He just needs a target to practice on that would cause no damage.) Will also try to summon a rain shower/storm to provide water, cool the lava, and make it easier to summon lightning.(it was decided that I cannot actually use magic yet.)

Fable Wright
2010-05-21, 12:15 PM
shameless bounce

I updated the week's actions

Alth Falath
2010-05-21, 09:20 PM
Any luck with my scouting?

Fable Wright
2010-05-21, 09:34 PM
Apparently, he's posting tomorrow. It's in the OOC thread.

Fable Wright
2010-05-22, 11:17 PM
It's Sunday. And dresdor claimed he would post Saturday. :'(

dresdor
2010-05-23, 11:46 AM
It's Sunday. And dresdor claimed he would post Saturday. :'(

Yeah, inventory took several hours longer than I expected yesterday. Updating here soon.

UPDATE:

The ragtag group of survivors gather together in a small clearing, amazed that any of them are alive. The volcano continues to erupt for some time, but they are safe at the moment.

Charles scouts around the area. Though the nearby area has been ravaged by the eruption, there are still some safe areas nearby where strong timber could be felled for construction or other uses. Also, He finds a game trail nearby, it seems fresh, but it could just be from creatures fleeing the volcano.

Skills increases: Scouting 0.21; New Rank: 2.21

Gemmin searches for water and plants. His natural skill helps him find a small store of simple plants that are edible. By sheer luck he also finds an unspoiled field that avoided getting scorched by the volcano. He also finds a natural spring that, while the water that comes out is very hot, is also very plentiful. He also gathers a small amount of ash from the volcano.

Skills increase: Scouting 0.07; New Rank: 0.07.
Agriculture: 0.07; New Rank: 2.07

Mark gathers wood for the fire and keeps feeding it. His skill keeps a small stockpile of wood for the fire in the future. Also, he manages to prepare some of the small stockpile of food, stretching it further than they could otherwise.

Skills increase: Cooking 0.14; New Rank: 2.14
Lumberjacking 0.14; New Rank: 1.14

Adrian hobbles around the camp, walking off his wound. He also manages to gather a few herbs for healing, but leaves most of the woodcutting to the uninjured, as Mark seems to be able to gather enough for now. The herbs help his wound.

Skills Increase: Naturalism 0.21; New Rank: 1.21

Draenor creates a few traps, and during the week manages to capture a few small rabbits, and a fox. He also attempts to carve and hollow part of a tree trunk, but finds the process very hard and doesn't make much progress. He also spends time studying the natural world, and wondering if he could harness that power directly.

Skills Increase: Trapping 0.07; New Rank: 0.07
Mysticism/Occult: 0.14; New Rank: 2.14

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

New Status:
Characters:

Jirdo

Name: Jirdo Silvertongue

Attributes
Dexterity: 1
Charisma: 3

Skills
Diplomacy Rank 1: Good At
Mysticism Rank 1: Good At
Management Rank 1: Trained At
Apothecary Rank 1: Trained At

Background expected please

Idris

Name: Idris Vehement

Attributes
Intelligence: 3

Skills
Trapmaking Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Scavenging Rank: 1 (Good at)
Building Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Hunting Rank: 1 (Trained at)
Bowmaking Rank: 1(Good at)

Background expected

Charles

Charles

Attributes
Wisdom: 3

Skills
Bowmaking Rank: 1(good at)
Scouting Rank: 2.21 (trained in/good at)
Archery Rank: 2 (trained in/good at)

Charles is a tall man, swift and rather quiet. He tends to be the one in the back of the room, preferring the woods to society. He is seldom seen without his bow and pack, which has a few rations, arrows, and a compass. He considers himself loyal to the community, although he may not be seen there for weeks or months at a time, having gone out to explore.

Gemmin

Name: Gemmin
Strength (Raw Physical Power):1
Dexterity (Finesse and fine motor skills):2
Constitution (Health and Heartiness):2
Intelligence (Ability to think and learn):2
Wisdom (Insight, deductive thinking, and mental strength):2
Charisma (Force of personality, likeability and physical attractiveness):1

Skills:
blacksmith Rank: 2(trained and good,)
agriculture Rank: 2.07(trained and good)
Scouting 0.07

Rough sketch: Gemmin is of moderate height, with shaggy black hair and a reserved scowl. He is stern and independent, but feels reluctantly compelled to help out when someone's in a tight spot. Manual labor helps focus his mind, and when he's not actively engaged in a task he can get irritable.

Background Expected

Brutha

Brutha
Brutha is a very large, and not what you'd call an attractive woman. she is quite athletic and has used her strength to prove usefull to the tribe. she is helpfull, but also usually shunned by the rest. she is used to live in the margins, doing the hard work, and is fairly happy by it. few had spoken mroe than needed with Brutha, but those few who have found out that she is kind and thoughtfull, in her own slow way.
Brutha has not yet married. perhaps this saddens her, no one asked. instead of children she has taken to take care for simple animals near the camp.

Str- 3
dex- 1
con- 2
int- 1
wis- 2
cha- 1
• Simple manual labour Rank: 2 (trained at & good at). this include digging, pushing, carrying, and the like.
• Animal Husbandry Rank: 1 (good at): taming animals, handling animals, and taking care of them.

Background Expected

Adrian

Name: Adrian

Str: 3
Dex: 1
Con: 1
Int: 2
Wis: 1
Cha: 2

Woodcutting Rank: 1(Trained In)
Naturalism Rank: 1.21(knowledge of plants/animals) (Trained In)
Diplomacy Rank: 1(Good At)

Description: Adrian is a tall youth of about 18 years. He's about six feet tall with broad shoulders, and a somewhat innocent looking face. He's got long black hair, and tanned skin from working outside in the sun a lot. His face is usually accompanied by a wide smile.

Personality: Adrian is easy-going and energetic, even when circumstances are less-than-favorable. He's usually the first to try to break up an argument. If he doesn't get his way, he usually mopes around for a bit before finding something new to be excited about. Adrian likes competitions, and almost never turns down a challenge. He never gets too upset over losing, though.

Backstory: Adrian is the youngest son of a lumberjack, and the only one to survive the volcano. He spent most of his time outside, but managed to get an education with the money his father accumulated, being the only one in his family to go through any schooling. He has 4 brothers and a sister, two of which died from illnesses. He's had a relatively happy lifetime, despite recently losing his family, and could very well have trouble understanding people who have had less fortunate circumstances.

Draenor

Draenor
Str 1
Dex 1
Con 1
Int 3
Wis 3
Cha 1

Skills:
Clockwork/motorized construction Rank: 2(trained and good at; clockwork traps, then clockwork animals, electronic traps, then super battle suit construction )
Mysticism/occult Rank: 2.14(aka magic development, striking people with lightning. As time goes on, more flashy evocations, like lava. trained and good at)
Chemistry Rank: 2(trained in and good at; starts as the ability to make stronger metals for the smith, eventually making material for super battle suits(includes electronics and shields.)
Trapping Rank: 0.07

Character personality: always looking for progress. Will spend days developing something, and then scrapping it and starting over. Will talk with anyone, but few people match his level of thinking. He is certainly not a combatant, but is someone you'd like to have on your side, as he'll give you the extra 'oomph' to win the battle, like striking your foes with lightning, setting traps for your foes, striking your foes with lightning, developing technology that is better that other people's, striking your foes with lightning, using lightning to power electronics, and ultimately, striking your foes with lightning.

Character backstory: Draenor has led a hard life so far. First, his parents were killed while hunting. Then he was stuck in the orphanage, where he passed his time tinkering with small little objects, usually thinking about how to aquire and tinker with larger objects. Eventually, his uncle took him out of the orphanage. His uncle used him for manual labor, and eventually was struck by lightning, while holding up a large metal rod. Then, back at the orphanage, he was now not only interested in building things, but also the power of nature and harnessing that power. So he tinkered with things, and then studied nature, and how he could summon lightning to do his bidding. Eventually, lightning struck the small object he was tinkering with, and then it blew up. The next month, when there was another lightning storm, he built another tinkered object. This one spun around, then blew up. And so it went on, some blowing up quicker than others, but in the end, so far, all of them blew up. The record time for staying intact is 15 seconds. Eventually, he studied nature more and more so that he would figure out how to make lightning strike his inventions, so that he wasted less time in development. Then, eventually, when the town was destroyed from lava, he was up on a hill testing his latest invention, which was how he escaped the lava. Ever since then, he has been striving harder and harder to build something to help rebuild the town. So far, he has improved metallurgy (don't know the setting here that well, he either showed them how to make bronze/iron/steel/other metal combination), but he, above all else, is still building little gadgets to be blown up in lightning storms in all the time he isn't using to help the town, study magic, eat, sleep, or make traps for small animals so that he can eat.

Character appearance: he is a small, frail person wearing oddly colored (and burnt) robes, muttering things that you can't understand ('well, if I do this, tweak this, but then this,... but if this...'). He seems peculiar, but just a harmless person. Then he hands you the latest trap that he made, which looks like it would tie you up and hang you, immobile, up from a tree branch, if you even looked at it the wrong way. And then he summons a small cloud of lightning, and the small toy he holds in his hands starts spinning for a couple of seconds before he tosses it in the air and it explodes.

Aldro

Name: Aldro Tuulros
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Cobalt Blue
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 147 lbs.

Attributes:
Strength - 1
Dexterity - 3
Constitution - 1
Intelligence - 2
Wisdom - 2
Charisma - 1

Skills
Archery Rank: 2 (Good at, Trained in)
Woodwork Rank: 1 (Good at)
Smelting Rank: 1 (Trained in)

Bio
Aldro was raised by his father, who was a woodworker, and his two older brothers, Gelro and Hunnar. Aldro's mother died when he was 3 and essentially bears no memories of her, for which he almost feels guilt. Ever since he was young, he would followed his father to the woods to accompany him on his assortment of daily work. Occassionaly Aldro would hold an axe or a saw, but his passion truly lay in the trees themselves. He was never as strong as Gelro or hearty as Hunnar, but he was by far the fastest and hardest to catch. He would often disappear for hours on end, scaling the trees and hopping branch to branch; when he was tired he would sit on the forest floor and carve sticks with a knife his father gave him. He always saw some of the older boys shooting sticks with feathers and sharpened heads on the end from a curved piece of wood with a taut string connected to it, but all of his attempts to recreate such objects always failed. Because of this, he would take his brothers' bows and arrows with him into the forest, and taught himself how to shoot. He is a very enthusiastic and spunky young adult, but also down to earth.

As he grew older, he realized that his shenanigans and interests would only be of trivial importance to The Village. As much as he was involved with woodworking, via his father, he knew that his father's skills would always far surpass his, not to mention that there were already plenty of woodworkers anyways. He realized that The Village had close to no smelters. He knew there were only a few miners, but the ore eventually would stack up and was unusable for long periods of time. So in order to be an effective member of The Village, he took apprenticeship under the current smelter when he was fourteen, and ended apprenticeship when he was 18 years old.

Mark Smith

Name: Mark Smith

Strength 2
Dexterity 1
Constitution 1
Intelligence 2
Wisdom 3
Charisma 1

Skills:
cooking Rank 2.14 (good at, trained in)
wood working Rank: 1(good at)
herbalism Rank: 1 (Good At)
lumberjacking Rank: 1.14 (Trained In)

Bio: Mark Smith was only 15 when the disaster happened. pre disaster he was the apprentice to both the town's lead cook and the town's carpenter and wood cutter director. Being so young, his body really hasn't developed the muscle needed to cut wood as well as a man made out of pure muscle, but he learned the theory from his master and could cut down trees with less effort if not less time. unfortunately, both his master and the master cook both perished in the lava leaving him as the town's source of prepared meals and firewood. Mark is a late bloomer. He is only about 5 foot 5 inches tall with sandy brown hair with a blue eye (right) and a gray one (left) giving him an unkempt and imbalanced look. He was always treated as the runt when he was young and kind of seen with pity among adults, especially right after the disaster. some of the townsfolk have learned to rely on his skills rather than his appearance, others, have not, But Mark knows that one day, he will become a great cook and a great lumberjack, provided that the wolves don't get him first...

Tribe Notes:

Settled in a clearing near the volcano. Has access to water and fire

Settlement Notes:

No Building Constructed

Campfire

Supplies:
Small amount of ash
3 traps
Partially carved out treestump
Small stockpile of firewood
Small stockpile of food

Tools:
Few pieces of flint and obsidian

Nearby Area Partially Explored:
Hot Spring
Undamaged Field
Forest

Fable Wright
2010-05-23, 01:36 PM
Actions for next week:
Will ask Mark for help carving out the log. Starts digging a charcoal pit, and asks for people to help him on it. Works on lashing several logs together and putting leaves on them, making a tent/small shelter. Studies nature, and tries to develop spell to cause it to rain in the next few days (no immediate storm, but over several days, the weather grows cloudy and rainy) Checks:
[roll0] (for digging charcoal pit) [roll1] (for carving log while Mark's not working on it) [roll2](to develop spell) [roll3] (to cast spell if developed) [roll4](to build small shelter; intelligence to figure out a way to keep it together and keep the rain off my head. If there is rain/ a lightning storm
[roll5] (to develop spell to direct the path of lightning; not create or empower it) [roll6] (to cast that spell if it's developed)

EDIT: Mark, you're being asked to help hollow the tree segment.

EDIT: Also, anyone want to help build a charcoal pit?

Kuma Da
2010-05-23, 05:14 PM
Gemmin

Gemmin stares at the burbling waters of the spring. This is key, he muses. Water will keep us alive, and hot water may just save us when winter rolls in. Plus, it looks pretty soothing. He dips a toe in the roiling, steaming murk and flinches back scalded. ****! Never mind! Gonna need to divert some of that before we can bathe in it.

Actions: Gathering vines from the forest, combining with suitable wood and flint to make a long-handled excavating tool. Tilling undamaged field and planting any seeds from the supplies. Spreading ash to enrich the field.

Group notice: We might be able to have a freakin' sweet jacuzzi if we can dig a pit a little ways off from the spring, line the bottom with stones, and then divert a trickle of water into it.

Alth Falath
2010-05-23, 07:24 PM
Charles
Charles attempts to find suitable wood and vines to craft a simple bow. He then follows the game trail, looking for evidence of regular wildlife. He spends the days scouting, and the nights carving a bow. He'll report to town about the timber and whatever he finds late in the week, unless something comes up

RobertoBlasini
2010-05-24, 10:56 AM
Sorry I have half of my post written, I just didn't have time to finish it. I'll finish it now, but it will be for last week. Change that, I'll just adapt it to the second week.
For once, Aldro had some free time because the mines had been becoming scarce, causing the miners to dig even deeper within and returning less and less metal to smelt. As much as this was good and mainly bad, Aldro took the opportunity, which was becoming rare, to go out to the forest. He had found his special clearing, created by him as a child, where he had wooden trinkets and doo-dads, along with a wooden shelter he crafted. As he rested there, pondering different matters, he began to hear faint screams come from the village, as he was quite a distance away. At first they sounded only trivial, like those of children playing games, but as he listened with a better ear, it was now he noticed them to be cries of help. He then simultaneously became aware and cautious and rushed back to the village, diligently riding the forest terrain to reach the village. As he reached the edge of the forest, it was then he saw the horrible scene, bearing a river of lava flowing down the side of the volcano, engulfing the village he once called home. by the time he realized what was going on, it was too late; his house had been consumed, and remains could not and would not be seen, as the heat of the lava incinerated any skeletal remains that would've answered questions. With the notion that there was no other option he ran back into the forest. And he ran the fastest he ever had.

--------------------------------------------------

Aldro comes to a clearing, after parting himself from the forest where he lay for a week, deciding where to go, what to do, and how he will be able to hold his own composure after the turn of events over the past week. He entered the forest only with the clothes on his back, the knife on his side, and his bow from his shelter in the forest, which now was long behind him. He spent his time in the forest whittling some shoddy arrows out of twigs and rocks he found. His crude weaponry only went as far as a few rabbits and other vermin, but over the span of the past week, he didn't have much of an appetite, but it's always good to have excess.

As he enters the clearing, he sees the hustle and bustle of a few villagers in what seems to be an empty clearing, just waiting to be developed. Some of these faces looked familiar, and just as he thought this, he saw one of the villagers, heading straight for the forest, who looked familiar. This intriguing figure caused him to walk towards him and as he saw the face he exclaimed, "Charles! Is that you?" As this is said an inquisitive looks overcomes Aldro's face, mixed with happiness and excitement, but also the nostalgia of the rest of his lost friends.

Two things, one: I'll post actions after Aldro gets some interaction with some of the villagers and an introduction of sorts. It'll make it so we actually have good village interaction, bonding, and the sort. Two: Alth Falath, I just did this because our characters have similar interests and skills and I was thinking a childhood friend sort of line, but this was just so there would be some good character development and whatnot, so if you'd rather not, let me know and I'll change my post.

Fable Wright
2010-05-24, 05:38 PM
(OOC)(Bounce) what's with the utter lack of posts?

Alth Falath
2010-06-01, 07:24 PM
OOC: Waiting to see what I found