PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 86: McToughy & Croysp vs. Sparks & Joshua Balukar

ArenaManager
2010-05-19, 08:18 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 86: McToughy & Croysp vs. Sparks & Joshua Balukar

Map:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Kyeudo/WallArena.jpg

Awards
XP Award: 600 XP to each non-DQd member of winning team
GP Award: 600 GP to each non-DQd member of winning team

McToughy (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=92125) - AlterForm (Red North)
Croysp (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=5067) - Psionic Dog (Red West)
Sparks (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6655) - RandomAction (Blue South)
Joshua Balukar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=147078) - Master_Rahl22 (Blue East)

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases.

RandomAction
2010-05-19, 08:45 PM
Sparks, Ini roll: [roll0]

Purchases pending.............

Joshua:Any ideas?

AlterForm
2010-05-19, 08:57 PM
McToughy Init: [roll0]

No purchases yet. Reserving right to counter-purchases.

Croysp
Need to review our opponents' matches before making strategy suggestions.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-19, 09:03 PM
Croysp checking in.

[roll0]

Purchases pending...

@Alterfrom/McToughy
Understood. Doing same.

AlterForm
2010-05-19, 09:49 PM
PsiDog
We seem to be up against a melee mage who likes Color Spray and KFB and a reflection of McToughy more focused on offense than defense. They also will likely run Detect Hostile Intent; if Croysp gets up on the walls again we should have a large detection range than they do, however. Our best engagement would be a separation of the two, but they seem to have their act together and stick together.

Sparks is surprisingly sturdy for a melee mage. Further, his eternal wand will let him put shield up making him rather difficult to hit. However, once he blows through his allotment of spells for the day, his offensive power is almost negligible. Cleverly timed readied actions to move out of LoE will shut down KFB and Color Spray and render him ineffective.

Joshua is, like I mentioned, McToughy but a bit more offensive. No good way to take him down but to lay the game of attrition or burn his swift actions with a dual assalt.

Recommend a defensive position such that a single color spray would be unable to target both of us, in case Sparks tries to use it while invisible. Would Color Spray break invisibilty?
After we burn out Sparks, we can team up on Joshua and finish his partner later.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-19, 10:55 PM
@Alterfrom/McToughy
True almost all of Sparks power comes from spells, but with 8 spells/day of 1st and 2nd level he has a distressingly large spell endurance. I fear Joshua will enter melee range and be whacking up AoO as we retreat if we attempt that tactic.

It would be a bit of a gamble, but I'm thinking of sending Croysp raging south after Sparks round 1 in hopes of an early knock out. In theory Croysp is supposed to be a mage slayer, and a properly worded readied action should win an AoO against him before the shield can be cast. However, if Sparks survives and Joshua moves south quickly as well then I could be in trouble.

Casting Color spray should break invisibility if either of us are within the area of effect.

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-20, 07:26 AM
[roll0]

@Sparks:
Well in their last match, one of them was up on the walls. I'm thinking I could grab a tattoo of Wall Walker and go up on the walls to scout/look for either of them up there. McToughy is very similar to my character with a few extra tricks and a focus on defense. The best way to get past the Elan damage soak is for both of us to focus fire on him since he can only negate the damage once per round. I think Croysp may be the more dangerous of the two, and he's going to be easier to hit so we might focus on him first. If you beat my Init, delay until after me and I'll come join you for Shield, then we'll go hunting. I'll keep you in LOS and use hand signals to point to where they are if I see them.

Oh, and keep in mind that we still have our potions of Invis, so we could use that as an escape plan or an ambush tactic as well.

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-20, 07:28 AM
This message was too short.

[roll0]

AlterForm
2010-05-20, 08:34 AM
Init Roll of Improbable Victory +1: [roll0]

RandomAction
2010-05-20, 09:08 AM
Isn't this the first time we have battled Psionic Dog? I feel honored to go up against an Arena Veteran.
@Joshua:
A little flattery may throw him off his game, LOL. Looking over thier past matches and sheets. I have to agree. It seems like Croysp goes in to scout or to quickly eliminate a target if possible. I believe that I have a big bull's eye on my back on this one.
McToughy - even though he has a slow speed, low hp and bad reflex saves, his racial abilities make up for some of this. He will more than likely take the longest to kill. Putting him under with Color Spray or Sleep seems like the best idea. He has enough PP to negate up to 36 points of damage.
Croysp - his high hp makes me worry and his saves are fairly decent. The healing belt he is carrying bothers me the most. The only way arround it is massive damage in one round. I am thinking a CL4 Kelgore's or my Seeking Ray, they both can cause 4d6 point of damage.

As long as neither of them buys an invis potion, then we should turn invisibile and take'em out one at a time. Croysp should be first. Don't bother with a hostile intent power this time, unless they turn invis. Look over powers that bump your attack and/or damage.
First round I say meet up with me for buffs. Move near me and ready an action to drink your potion after I cast shield on you. Forgot to mention the Eternal Wand I am using can be used by anyone, with or without access to spells. After I turn invis, you stay a 5' step ahead of me. Whisper back and forth which square we are in/going to. This way I can pull one of them into your AoO range when they charge me for burning them with magic. Any other thoughts?

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-20, 09:05 PM
@Sparks:
Well, I could grab Animal Affinity for +4 Strength. Ooh, and I just realized I could buy a Healing Belt too. Hmm, I might just have to do that. Get a Healing Belt and some way to manifest Animal Affinity. A power stone is 150gp, but would cost me 3 PP. A tattoo would save the PP, but cost me 300gp. What do you think?

RandomAction
2010-05-20, 11:15 PM
@Joshua:
Hmm....go for the belt for sure. It will come in handy in other matches. Save your power points for damage soaking and get the tattoo of Animal Affinity. Maybe one of Biofeedback. A +4 to any stat and DR 2/- would be helpful, I think.
As for a strategy, I say we group in the corner and wait for them. Croysp will be scouting, due to his speed, and every hit we can put on him will reduce the charges of his belt.
Got any ideas?

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-21, 09:13 PM
@Sparks:
Group in which corner? Do you still want to invis, or no? Also, I only have 1150gp, so Healing Belt and tattoo of Animal Affinity gets me to 1000. I'd rather not spend all of my money on this fight and not have anything for the next one if we lose.

RandomAction
2010-05-21, 11:50 PM
@Joshua:
Since Croysp's speed can let him get within melee range with me, you will need to get to X-18 on your first turn. On my turn we will be using one of three tactics:
1.) If he is in melee against me, then on my first turn I will 5' step away (if possible) and hit him with a spell. This will force him, hopefully, to either heal himself for the damage or try to kill me. Your turn I suggest you charge him and hopefully our combined attack will knock him out.
His rage boosted max damage potential is more than enough to knock me out. If this happens kill him quick and take the repair potion I have and use it on me as soon as you can. I will be at -4 hp with a max damage hit. Just in case I will buy another potion to be safe.
2.) If he is not in melee against me during my first turn, then I will move behind you and begin buffing you with the Shield spell. You can then drink your invis potion and move a step or two to the side. If he decides to charge me, which is more than likely, you can be in perfect position to hit him with an AoO as he passes by you.
My second turn will be either turning invis myself or 5' stepping and hitting him (?again?) with a boosted spell. If I should turn invis then I will move no further than 10' from X-19. I will whisper in code to you where I go. The code will be: Blue = west, Red = south, Green = east or Black = north.
3.) If there is no LoS to any of them, then I will buff you with shield and then we will both turn invis and begin a slow, no more than 30' of movement, advance on them while readying actions to either attack or move. Using the code described earlier to help keep us together.

The main goal is to keep you in front while invisible and I will try to pull them to me, thus granting you AoO's against who ever passes by you. Our goal is to remove Croysp as fast as possible so we can double up on McToughy

Any thoughts?

Psionic Dog
2010-05-23, 06:45 AM
@Alterfrom/McToughy
I see three things Croysp could do and wanted to hear your thoughts so I could know what kind of support to expect.

A) Croyps goes climbing again.
Pro: Any color sprays leave Croysp up out of reach on the wall top, and keeps out of reach of Joshua.
Con: Croysp is weak on ranged attacks and will spend a lot of time retreating to heal up incoming KFBs.

B) Croysp goes mage hunting. Use 60ft movement to close and a rage for +4 strength and +2 will.
Pro: 30% chance to KO Sparks, round 1. Sparks doesn't get a chance to buff.
Con: In worst case scenarios about 25% chance to fall to a color spray by sparks.

C) Croyps double moves to K-21 to tempt Joshua into single combat.
Pro: Their usual method is for Joshua to move toward Sparks, so if Joshua attacks that gives us a chance to split them up, hopefully without sparks knowing what happened.
Con: On 'success' this my give Joshua a free hit, on 'failure' Croysp has wasted a round of actions.

AlterForm
2010-05-23, 10:07 AM
PsiDog
No particularly pleasant options...

A doesn't have enough effect even if successful, and has a good chance of downing Croysp very quickly.

B, although not terribly likely to result in great success, doesn't have a terribly large chance of horrible failure.

C I doubt would work at all. They know their plan, so Joshua is not likely to take the bait.

Recommend Plan B. Has a good chance of success, and even if it fails, the match will end quickly and give us a chance to try again and/or get into another round without much delay.

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-23, 01:19 PM
@Sparks:
Sounds like a great plan, but you forgot Speed of Thought. Joshua can make it to X-14 on his first turn. :smallsmile:

Purchases:
Healing Belt: 750gp
Psionic Tattoo of Animal Affinity: 300gp

RandomAction
2010-05-23, 02:03 PM
Looking over purchases, will post them soon.

@Joshua:Sorry I meant X-18 not X-14, my mistake.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-23, 09:02 PM
Almost ready ...

@Alterfrom/McToughy
There appears to be a plan D called "Operation negate Sparks"

I just remembered after my last post here that duskblades or someone has Resist Energy as a L1 spell, allowing 50 gp Resist Energy Potions. Take one Resist Energy(Fire) and wave good buy to KFB. Of course, that still leaves Color Spray, but a few posts in the waiting room and it seems that a blindfold negates those. Now, ordinarily running around blind against Joshua would be assisted suicide, but for that wonderful under-used power Synesthete. Select 'hear' light and all the blindness penalties are negated while all the blindness benefits remain.

So, for 2 expendables totaling 100 gp per person + free blindfolds (clothing items) we could gain 10 minutes of immunity to Color Spray and KFB.

Of course, it is 2 rounds and 100gp of buffing each and Sparks would still have Sleep, Charm Person, Daze and a few others but the classic killers would be nullified.

So Plan D: Operation Bottled Anit-Sparks
Pro: Sparks becomes a much smaller threat to Croysp (and possibly McT too)
Con: They get to buff, not a direct winning strategy

Don't know if D is any better than Plan B, but wanted to toss it out.

By the way, what is 'Whelm'?

AlterForm
2010-05-23, 09:14 PM
PsiDog/Croysp
As well as McT's usual 2-round buff order of Vigor and Force Screen. We could play a very defensive strategy, rendezvousing in the NW corner of the arena. RE(Fire) would only protect from 10 points at a time, but it's still the majority of the damage from one of Spark's maxed out KFB's. Good catch.

McT is usually very averse to using consumables, but since I have a suit of full plate now I can afford to live a little if you want to go with Plan D.

RandomAction
2010-05-24, 04:08 PM
Whelm is a spell in PhB2 that does non-lethal damage. It is scaleable caping out at 5d6 points of damage at CL9.

I declare no purchases, but reserve right to reactionary ones.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-24, 04:53 PM
Whelm is a spell in PhB2 that does non-lethal damage. It is scaleable caping out at 5d6 points of damage at CL9.

I declare no purchases, but reserve right to reactionary ones.

Single target? Area of Effect? Save allowed? Attack roll required? :smallconfused:

AlterForm
2010-05-24, 04:58 PM
Single target? Area of Effect? Save allowed? Attack roll required? :smallconfused:

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Effecting]
Verbal, Somatic
25 ft + 5ft/2 levels
Single Target
Will Negates
SR: Yes
1d6 nonlethal, +1d6/ 2CL beyond 1st

Psionic Dog
2010-05-25, 05:21 AM
Ah, in that case Croysp will purchase one of those lovely CL1 Resist Energy (Fire) potions, and I guess a Psionic Tatoo of Synesthete as well.

Total Spent: 100 gp.
No other purchases planned, reserve right to reactionary buys etc.

@Alterfrom/McToughy
Ok, lets try 'D'. If we win we get the Gold Medal Bonus, and if we lose we get a rematch.

Don't forget to declare having a blindfold at the start.

AlterForm
2010-05-25, 09:18 AM
McToughy will also purchases a CL1 Resist Energy (Fire) potion, and a psionic tattoo of synesthete.

RandomAction
2010-05-25, 02:05 PM
Buying:
Glaive - 8gp
Scroll of Bull's Strength CL3 - 150gp

@Joshua:
Be ready, thier purchases gives me the feeling that they will come at me quick.
Yeah your right, I completely forgot about you movement. Be as close as you can and I will begin the buffing. I will buy a glaive and a Strength buff, then I will move to where you can gain flanking when we make contact with Croysp. Hopefully we can take him out before McToughy gets there.

AlterForm
2010-05-25, 02:24 PM
PsiDog/Croysp
Rush job aiming for a quick drop on Sparks, or a defensive posture somewhere in the NW?

Psionic Dog
2010-05-25, 04:17 PM
@Alterfrom/McToughy
Rush. I'm willing to gamble that with both of us purchasing Resist Fire pots that Sparks won't prepare many, if any, KFB's.

Worst Case Plausible situation:
Round 1: Croysp rushes unbuffed, but gets color sprayed.
Round 2: Joshua moves adjacent to Crosyp.
Round 3: Crosyp gets Coup de Graced by Joshua. (I think Crosyp could survive Coup de Grace attempts by Sparks)

If you think McToughy can move south by Round 2 to stop a Coup de Grace if things go wrong then Croysp will chance a first-round rush.

Otherwise I think he'll start blindfolded and synesthete (hear light) round 1, and then try a 2nd-round rush to prevent the Bull's Strength scroll from being used.

If they manage to get Joshua fully buffed I say we go on the defensive.

Does Joshua wish to make a reactionary buy or can Croysp start us out?

AlterForm
2010-05-25, 04:24 PM
PsiDog/Croysp
Go for the 2 round rush. McT can't make it across the map quick enough. I'll pop synesthete, then drink the potion on the way south. Hopefully I'll have time to slip FS or Vigor in as well.

Code phrase for a buffed up Joshua signaling a tactical defensive retreat will "Instantaneous Elimination." (In case one of us sees Joshua get buffed out of LoS of the other).

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-26, 06:57 AM
No reactionary buys from Joshua. Let's get it on!

RandomAction
2010-05-26, 03:50 PM
Ini order:

Croysp
Joshua
McToughy
Sparks

Psionic Dog
2010-05-26, 04:28 PM
Ding! Match start.

Croysp - Round 1

Starting Preperations:
Start fully armored in N2 holding nothing and wearing a long bright purple scarf neatly folded, wrapped about the forehead and eyes, and securely knotted in place as an effective blindfold.

Aura of Attack is active.

Round 1:
LoS
Standard: Activate Psionic Tatoo(synesthete).
Choose to hear light to remove blindness penalties.

Move: To V-3.

Done

Stats
HP: 22/22
AC: 14 [+2 dex, +4 armor, -1 vulnerable]
Psionic Focus: Yes.
Psionic Aura: Attack
Belt of Healing: 3/3
Blind (Blindfolded).
synesthete (Hear Light: remove blind penalties) 100/100

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-26, 08:35 PM
Joshua, Turn 1

LOS:
Start in N-25, holding greatsword and wearing Healing Belt and armor. Potion of Invisibility and Power Stone of Concealing Amorpha are tucked into belt.

Doulbe move to X-13

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 24/24
AC: 15, FF: 14, Touch: 11
PP: 7/7
Buffs:
Psionically Focused

AlterForm
2010-05-27, 12:43 PM
Preparations
Begin in B13. Full Plate is donned. Potion of Resist Energy is in one hand, MW Longspear is sheathed. Psionic Tattoo of Synesthete on body. McToughy will enter the arena wearing a blindfold, causing him to be blind. Psionic Focus is charged.

McToughy - Round 1

LoS
Standard: Tap Psionic Tattoo.
DC 16 Psicraft to ID
Synesthete
Move: 30 ft to F10

Status
HP: 13/13
AC: 21 (9 armor, 1 dex, 1 deflection) (Touch 12, FF 20)
PP: 15/15
Psionic Focus: Yes
Synesthete: Ends at top of McToughy Round 601
Potion of RE(F) held in one hand
MW Longspear is sheathed
Position: F10

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-05-27, 04:04 PM
Sparks,R-1:
Refs/LoS:
Start in Y-13, with wand in one hand and glaive in other.
Activate wand casting spell on Joshua - standard.
Wand effect:Shield, duration 1 minute.
5' step to X-14 - free.
Drop wand - free.
Draw scroll from belt - move.

End turn.

Stats:Location: X-14
Hp: 17/17
AC: 18(+5armor+3dex), T-13, F-15
Saves: F+5/R+3/W+3
Spot/Listen: -5/-5
Spells:
Duskblade: 3/3/1
Beguiler: 5/4

Psionic Dog
2010-05-27, 08:10 PM
Croysp - Round 2

LoS
Partial move to X-3...

Will want to know what, if anything, any opponents in Lo'S' are holding.

Need LoS to continue.

Sallera
2010-05-27, 10:36 PM
Refs:Nothing here.

Sparks:Croysp is in X3, blindfolded, armoured, and empty-handed. Joshua is in X13.

Joshua:Croysp is in X3, blindfolded, armoured, and empty-handed. Sparks is in X14.

Croysp:Joshua is in X13, armoured and holding greatsword. Sparks is in X14, armoured, with a glaive in one hand and a scroll in the other. There is a wand on the ground in X14.

McToughy:No LoS.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-28, 05:28 AM
Croysp - Continued

LoS
Zoom! Croysp completes his move action by moving to X-12. He draws his Great Ax as he moves.

Free: Rage.
Standard: Twack! on Sparks
[roll0]
[roll1]

Done

Stats
HP: 26/26
AC: 12 [+2 dex, +4 armor, -1 vulnerable, -2 rage]
Psionic Focus: Yes.
Psionic Aura: Attack
Belt of Healing: 3/3
Blind (Blindfolded).
synesthete (Hear Light: remove blind penalties) 99/100
Raging: 7/7

RandomAction
2010-05-28, 08:45 PM
Doesn't hold up play.

Refs/LoS:
Croysp, unless you have extended your reach by 5', then that ws a miss towards me. I don't know about my partner though, since he would be the only legal target that you could hit.

Also as a free action - speak to partner: Combo hit, you then me.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-28, 09:11 PM
@Refs/LoS
Oops. I just saw the positions and automatically assumed Joshua was the further one. :smallyuk:

So, Invalid target. How much of a rewind is that?
If it's just "pick a new target" then the swing would be directed at Joshua.

If it's "pick a new standard action" then I guess it would be the same swing at Joshua instead.

But if Croysp gets to cancel that premature rage or even revise his move ending location then he has half a turn of frantic revision he needs to make to try tap-dancing out of this minefield he's walked into...

Sallera
2010-05-28, 11:11 PM
Croysp/Sparks/Joshua:Bother, my memory for precedents has failed me. Found two incidences just fine, but no clear rulings. From what I can see, at any rate, illogical as it may be, a weapon attack at someone out of range does indeed seem to be considered illegal, despite the fact that spells at someone out of range are most definitely not. Ech.

At any rate, Croysp gets to revise the standard action, but not the move, so it's an attack on Joshua unless someone's got a better memory than me.

RandomAction
2010-05-29, 12:33 AM
Would this help?

Refs/LoS:
This is a tricky situation.
One one hand, I would say the simplest thing would be count it as a charge attack against Joshua instead, using the same roll. Since you are attacking into an enemy occupied square at the end of your charge.
On the other hand, if I was in your position, I would like to try and salvage this situation while taking a free action to wipe my shoes from this smelly mess. Thus choosing to negate the now current AC penalty to where a counter-attack would have a better chance to miss.
Personally, choosing Joshua as the target would continue the flow of the match, since my stated free action during your turn has now possibly tipped you off to what tactic I had called out to my partner, now that your are in a weaker position from the effects of your charge.

Sallera
2010-05-29, 12:42 AM
Croysp/Sparks/Joshua:Croysp wasn't charging. That was just a regular move, so yes, the attack hits Joshua instead as stated, same rolls.

RandomAction
2010-05-29, 12:45 AM
No play holding here.

Refs/LoS:
Sorry wrong term, I meant would this allow a change in the effects of choosing to rage? Since it was a legal move before the attack and the rolls were made, which would now change the outcome of the rolls with the removal of the raging conditional modifiers.
Sorry to be so overcautious, but we are now involved in melee. With who I consider the more dangerous opponent of the pair.
Your build make me nervous, PsiDog. :smallwink:

side note to self - mining a DDR pad, possible assassination technique or mad ramblings? I got the highest sco--BOOM!

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-29, 09:09 PM
Joshua, Turn 2

LOS:
Immediate: Spend 4 PP to reduce that attack to 2 damage
Free: 5ft step to Y-12
Standard: Attack Croysp, expending focus for Psionic Weapon
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 22/24
AC: 19, FF: 18, Touch: 11
PP: 3/7
Buffs:
Shield 9/10

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-29, 09:12 PM
LOS:
Wow, this might be quicker than I thought. :smallwink: I'm fairly sure extra dice from Psionic Weapon aren't multiplied. If they are and this is confirmed, I'll roll them.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wow and I'm fairly sure that puts Croysp at -6, -10 once his Rage wears off.

Psionic Dog
2010-05-29, 09:20 PM
Croysp - LoS
32 points of... :smallmad:
Well, I don't think Psionic Weapon gets multiplied either but with that output it doesn't matter too much.

Croysp expends Psionic focus to delay damage for 1 round per Time Mantel Ability.

AlterForm
2010-05-29, 09:24 PM
Am I clear to go?

Psionic Dog
2010-05-29, 09:25 PM
I think so.

AlterForm
2010-05-29, 11:18 PM
McToughy - Round 2

LoS
Standard: Manifest power. DC 16 Psicraft to ID
Force Screen. No augment.
Free: Shift potion to mouth (held, not imbibed)
Move: 30 ft to K9
Free w/ Move: Draw MW Longspear
Free: Change grip on Longspear to held in one hand
Free: Move potion back to other hand

Status
HP: 13/13
Force Screen: Ends at top of McToughy Round 22
Potion of RE(F) held in other hand
MW Longspear is held in one hand
Position: K9

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-05-30, 01:04 AM
Well then....

Sparks,R-2:
Refs/LoS:
You can quote me on this, "That is one time the dice turned around and told me to shut up."

Start off by dropping the scroll in X-14 - free.
5' step to Y-14 - free.
Cast a spell - swift action.
Spellcraft DC:16Blade of blood on the Glaive. Duration 2 rounds.
Activate Boots of Stomping positioning the cone to where it will not affect my partner - standard.
@ Croysp - DC:13 Reflex or fall prone taking [roll0] non-lethal damage.
Switch Glaive to two handed grip - free.

End turn.

Stats:Location: Y-14
Spells:
Duskblade: 3/2(-1)/1

Psionic Dog
2010-05-30, 07:21 AM
Croysp - Round 2

LoS
[roll0]

Move: Croysp stands back up. Take or decline those AoO: I'll finish the turn once I see how much if any damage Croysp takes.

Waiting on response from those in LoS.

RandomAction
2010-05-30, 02:54 PM
Nothing to pause play.

Refs/LoS:
Am I right in assuming that you take a -4 penalty to AC for being prone with this/these attack(s)?
Attack: [roll0]
If this hits, I will take 5 points of damage to boost the extra damage from the Blade of Blood spell as per the spell description.
Damage: [roll1] weapon + [roll2] spell

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-30, 09:18 PM
Refs/LOS:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Psionic Dog
2010-05-31, 06:24 AM
Croysp - Continued

Refs/LoS
Wouldn't taking the 5 damage have to be declared before the strike was made in which case Sparks has suffered 5 hp damage even with the miss?

Anyway,
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]x2

:smallmad::furious::smallannoyed::smallsigh:
Free: Scream as loudly as possible "YOU KILLED ME? THE BALUKAR GOT LUCKY AND KILLED ME AFTER TAKING ONLY 4 PP IN DAMAGE? NOOOOO"

Ends turn.
Joshua goes - and Croysp takes the 32 delayed damage to become very very dead.

Done, may want LoS

Refs
I think my partner gets to know that Croysp is -10hp dead as a doornail not-coming-back dead, but didn't want to declare that myself just in case I was confusing something

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 07:13 AM
Play on.

Refs/LoS:
The spell description says that with a successful attack the spell then discharges and then I can sacrifice the 5 Hp to gain the extra 2d6 points of damage over the 1d6 already being added.

Free action speak to partner: "Nice shot. Stay close I will buff you with Bull's."

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-31, 07:31 AM
Joshua, Turn 3

LOS:
Standard: Ready an action to 5ft step and attack if McToughy comes within 10 feet of me

End of turn.

Stats:

Buffs:
Shield 9/10

Sallera
2010-05-31, 10:31 AM
Refs:Listen for McToughy: [roll0]

McToughy:You hear some indistinct shouting to the south.

Sparks:Joshua is in Y12.

Joshua:Sparks is in Y14.

And Croysp is dead.

AlterForm
2010-05-31, 10:09 PM
McToughy - Round 3

LoS
Personal Musings
Croysp is down. Already. :smallannoyed:

KFB's not enough to drop him, Color Spray -> CDG seems probable if Joshua got his ass over to Sparks somehow.

Either way, probability of victory is very low so I'll just hang onto this here Resist Energy potion for some other time.
Free: Move potion to mouth
Free: Shift grip on MW Longspear to wielded in two hands
Standard: Manifest power. DC 16 psicraft to ID
Vigor. Augment to 2 pp for 10 THP
Move: 30 ft to Q9

Status
HP: 13/13 (10 THP)
Vigor: Ends at top of McToughy Round 23
Potion of RE(F) held in mouth
MW Longspear is wielded in two hands.
Position: K9

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 11:49 PM
Sparks,R-3:
Refs/LoS:
Speak to partner - "Stand beside me so I can buff you again. Try to regain your focus after moving."
5' Step to X-14 - free.
Drop Glaive - free.
Pick up Scroll - move.
Ready an Action - standard.
Trigger:When Joshua comes into range cast the spell from the scroll on him.

End turn.

Spells:

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-01, 06:46 AM
Joshua, Turn 4

LOS:
5ft step to X-13
Full round: Attempt to gain Psionic Focus [roll0]

End of turn.

Stats:

Buffs:
Shield 8/10

RandomAction
2010-06-01, 12:45 PM
Sparks, Readied action:
Refs/LoS:
DC4 CL check for scroll use: [roll0]
If successful, pop spoiler.
Cast Bull's strength on Joshua. Duration 3 minutes.
Whisper to partner - "Hope that worked. Enjoy the bonus."

I guess this means I do not take a turn this round and I move before Joshua in the Ini order, correct?

AlterForm
2010-06-02, 04:22 PM
Does Joshu need to react/revise his turn in response to that?

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-02, 08:51 PM
Nope go ahead.

AlterForm
2010-06-02, 09:57 PM
McToughy - Round 4

LoS
Move: 30 ft to V11

Turn not over; need LoS.

Sallera
2010-06-03, 12:45 AM
LoS is established as McToughy reaches T9, armoured and wielding longspear. Sparks is in X14, holding a scroll. Joshua is in X13, armoured and wielding greatsword. There is a glaive and a wand on the ground in X14.

AlterForm
2010-06-03, 06:16 PM
McToughy - Round 4 cont.

No further actions.

Status
Blindfolded
Position: T9

End Turn

Also, Sallera didn't mention it (perhaps because I forgot to put it in my statblock), but McToughy is also wearing a blindfold.

RandomAction
2010-06-03, 07:24 PM
New Ini order:
Sparks
Joshua
McToughy

Sparks,R-5:
Drop used scroll - free.
DC:8 CL check to cast a spell at McToughy. [rol]1d20+2[/roll]
If successful - Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Damage, electrical: [roll1]
Pick up Glaive - move.

End turn.

Spells:
Duskblade: 3/2(-1)/1(-1)

RandomAction
2010-06-03, 07:25 PM
Well a miss even if it works, but here is the CL Check again if needed.

[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-03, 09:07 PM
Joshua, Turn 5

Standard: Activate a tattoo. Psicraft DC 17: Animal Affinity
Move: Move North to U-13, then west to U-10

End of turn.

Stats:

AC: 21, FF: 20, Touch: 13
Buffs:
Shield 7/10
Animal Affinity (Dex) 30/30

AlterForm
2010-06-03, 09:40 PM
McToughy - Round 5

5ft step to T8
Standard: Attack Joshua
[roll0]
[roll1]

Not done; need to see results.

AlterForm
2010-06-03, 09:42 PM
How does Joshua respond to the attack (and, hopefully, damage)?

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-04, 06:51 AM
Requesting a ref, it looks like I might have cover from the attack but I'm not sure. It will mean the difference between a hit and a miss.

Kyeudo
2010-06-04, 10:17 AM
GM Kyeudo

Since cover is determined using the most advantageous corner of the attacker's square, I don't think we have it here. At worst, the lines from either of his front corners pass right along the wall.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-04, 01:10 PM
Ok, then it's a hit on Joshua. As an immediate action, he spends 2 PP to reduce the attack to 1 damage.

AlterForm
2010-06-04, 01:16 PM
Going to need a question answered in the Waiting Room before I finish my turn.

AlterForm
2010-06-05, 07:56 PM
Sorry this took so long. Waiting Room was moving at its usual speed to get my question answered.

McToughy - Round 5

No further actions.

Status
AC: 25 (9 armor, 4 shield, 1 dex, 1 deflection) (Touch 12, FF 24)
Blindfolded
Position: T8

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-05, 10:38 PM
Sparks,R-6:
Activate Gloves - swift action.
Cast a spell @McToughy - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16Kelgore's Fire Bolt at CL 4
Damage: [roll0]
DC:14 Reflax for half.
Pick up Wand - move.

End turn.

Stats:
Spells:

RandomAction
2010-06-05, 10:40 PM
:smallredface:

Reflex....not reflax.

AlterForm
2010-06-05, 10:41 PM
[roll0] vs DC 14

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-06, 07:18 AM
Joshua, Turn 6

5ft step to U-9
Standard: Attack McToughy
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 21/24
AC: 21, FF: 18, Touch: 13
PP: 1/7
Buffs:
Shield 6/10
Bull's Strength 28/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 29/30

AlterForm
2010-06-06, 12:05 PM
First, 4 PP to reduce the KFB to 1 point. Second, a miss from Joshua.

McToughy - Round 6

5 ft step to S9.
Standard: Attack Joshua with MW Longspear
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
PP: 8/15
Blindfolded
Position: S9

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-06, 12:35 PM
Sparks,R-7:
Put wand away - move.
Activate Gloves - swift action.
Cast a spell @McToughy - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16Kelgore's Fire Bolt @ CL4.
Damage:[roll0]
Reflex DC:14 for half.
5' step to W-13.

End turn.

Stats:
Spells:
Duskblade: 3/3(-3)/1(-1)

AlterForm
2010-06-06, 12:36 PM
[roll0] vs DC 14

AlterForm
2010-06-06, 12:37 PM
Burn 4 PP, negate 16, soak 2.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-07, 07:00 AM
Joshua, Turn 7

5ft step to T-9
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 21/24
Buffs:
Shield 5/10
Bull's Strength 27/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 28/30

AlterForm
2010-06-07, 11:49 AM
A miss from Joshua.

McToughy - Round 7

5 ft step to R10
LoS
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
HP: 13/13 (7 THP)
PP: 4/15
Blindfolded
Position: R10

End Turn

AlterForm
2010-06-07, 11:50 AM
LoS
[roll0] :smallyuk:
[roll1]

Still End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-07, 03:51 PM
LoS not needed as I intend to re-establish it now.

Sparks,R-8:
Cast a spell on myself - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16Expeditious Retreat duration 1 minute.
Move to R-11, by this route: W-13, V-12 to V-10, U-9 to S-9, S-10, R-11.
Shift grip on Glaive to two handed - free.

End turn.

Stats:
Spells:
Beguiler: 5/4(-1)

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-07, 08:47 PM
Joshua, Turn 8

Standard: Activate Healing Belt, spending 2 charges [roll0]
Move: Move to R-9

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 7/24 + healing from belt
Buffs:
Shield 4/10
Bull's Strength 26/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 27/30

AlterForm
2010-06-07, 08:56 PM
McToughy - AoO on Joshua
[roll0]
[roll1]

We'll see what that does before I take my turn.

AlterForm
2010-06-07, 08:58 PM
McToughy - Round 8

5 ft step to S9
Standard: Attack Sparks with MW Longspear
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
HP: 13/13 (7 THP)
PP: 4/15
Blindfolded
Position: S9

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-07, 10:42 PM
Miss.

Sparks,R-9:
5' step to S-10.
Activate Boots - standard.
AlterForm - DC:13 Reflex save or fall prone taking [roll0] in non-lethal damage.
Speak to partner - "Move to flank."

End turn.

Stats:
Spells:
Beguiler: 5/4(-1)

AlterForm
2010-06-08, 12:32 AM
[roll0] vs DC 13

McToughy is prone in S9.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-08, 07:24 AM
Um, McToughy how did you use your reach weapon to attack Sparks while you were only 5 feet away?

Joshua, Turn 9

5ft step to S-8
1d20+14
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 16/24
Healing Belt: 1 charge left
Buffs:
Shield 3/10
Bull's Strength 25/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 26/30

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-08, 07:32 AM
[roll0]

I guess you can't have commas and/or "+" in the description of a roll tag.

AlterForm
2010-06-08, 12:11 PM
McToughy was in S9, Sparks was in R11.

McToughy will simply take all 15 points of damage.

A question before I take my turn:

Refs
If I move (specifically, Dimension Hop) to U10, does Sparks have LoS to me?

Scorer
2010-06-08, 12:16 PM
High Ref Scorer

@McToughy

No, he wouldn't

AlterForm
2010-06-08, 12:18 PM
Thanks Scorer, that's what I thought.

McToughy - Round 9
Free: Smile a mischievous smile.
Swift: Manifest power. DC 16 Psicraft to ID
Dimension Hop. No augment.
McToughy disappears from S9.
Refs
McToughy reappears in U10.

Turn not done; need LoS check.

Scorer
2010-06-08, 12:25 PM
High Ref Scorer

@refs

no hide attempt

@McToughy

You see Joshua in S8

@Joshua

You see McToughy in U10, you also see Sparks in S10

@Sparks

You see Joshua in S8

AlterForm
2010-06-08, 12:27 PM
McToughy - Round 9 cont.
LoS
Move: Stand up
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
HP: 5/13 (3 Nonlethal)
PP: 3/15
Blindfolded
Position: U10

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-08, 12:43 PM
I will delay my turn until after Joshua takes his.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-09, 07:03 AM
Joshua, Turn 10

Free: Say "He teleported through the wall"
5ft step to T-9
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

Buffs:
Shield 2/10
Bull's Strength 24/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 25/30

RandomAction
2010-06-09, 10:37 AM
Sparks,R-10:
Move to V-5, going by this route: R-9 to R-7, S-6, T-5 to V-5.
Shift grip on Glaive to 1 hand - free
Cast a spell - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16:
Cast Sleep targeting the squares: U-10 to U-11, V-9 to V-12, W-9 to W-12, X-10 to X-11. I believe that this keeps my partner out of the area. The save is DC:14 Will, when needed next turn.

End turn.

Stats:Location: V-5
Expeditious Retreat: 9/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Beguiler: 5/4(-2)

AlterForm
2010-06-09, 10:42 AM
McToughy - Round 10

5 ft step to V10
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
Blindfolded
Position: V10

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-09, 10:53 AM
Hold up, I think I made a mistake on my turn. I will summon a ref to check.

Sallera
2010-06-10, 07:44 PM
Correction: Sparks starts casting a spell, rather than casting one. McToughy may revise his turn if he wishes.

Sparks:Aye, since it's a 1 round cast, it'll also take your standard next turn, after which it will come into effect.

AlterForm
2010-06-10, 08:40 PM
Well...there's only one thing that can be.

McToughy - Round 10 Redux

Move: 15 ft to X12, breaking LoS with Sparks as I leave W12
LoS
Continue Move: to X11, breaking LoS with Joshua as I leave X12.
LoS
Finish Move: to Y11
Ready an Action:
Action: Attack
Trigger: Either opponent takes any action (including movement) while within 10 ft of McToughy

Status
Blindfolded
RA: Attack upon any action taken within 10 ft.
Position: X11

End Turn

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-10, 09:51 PM
Joshua, Turn 11

LOS:
Free: Whisper "Stop your spell, going to try to spot him"
Move: Move to U-9, to U-14, then V-15 to X-15

Not done, need LOS

Stats:

Buffs:
Shield 1/10
Bull's Strength 23/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 24/30

Sallera
2010-06-10, 11:06 PM
Refs:Stuff.

Joshua:You see McToughy in Y11 as you enter U12. Sparks is in V5. You may revise your turn from this point.

McToughy:Joshua is in U12.

Sparks:Joshua is in U12.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-11, 07:19 AM
Joshua, Turn 11, The Sequel

End my move in V-13.
Free: Say "He's just around the corner, 5ft from the wall"
Standard: Use remaining charge on Healing Belt. [roll0]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 16/24 + healing from belt
Buffs:
Shield 1/10
Bull's Strength 23/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 24/30

RandomAction
2010-06-11, 01:57 PM
Coming back into LoS.

Sparks,R-11:
Stop casting prior spell. - free(?)
Move to V-14.

I don't know if I can take a standard or not since cancelling my spell, but if so then:
Cast a spell @ McToughy - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16Charm person.

McToughy - DC:14 Wil with a +5 bonus.
If you fail this as a free action I say:"McToughy, Let me borrow your Spear for a round."

End turn.

Stats:Location: V-5
Expeditious Retreat: 9/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Beguiler: 5/4(-2 or -3)

AlterForm
2010-06-11, 02:11 PM
In case it matters, I don't think you can stop casting your spell without losing it. To wit:

A spell that takes 1 round to cast is a full-round action.

When you begin a spell that takes 1 round or longer to cast, you must continue the concentration from the current round to just before your turn in the next round (at least). If you lose concentration before the casting is complete, you lose the spell.

The "start full-round action" standard action lets you start undertaking a full-round action, which you can complete in the following round by using another standard action. You can’t use this action to start or complete a full attack, charge, run, or withdraw.

Thus, for the casting to be complete, you must take the second standard action to complete the spell the next round, and if you do not, you must lose concentration on the spell because you can't maintain concentration during an action you don't take.

RandomAction
2010-06-11, 03:23 PM
Oh I know that I was going to lose the spell, I was just wondering if I lost my standard action for that turn since I decided not to complete the spell I was casting.

AlterForm
2010-06-11, 03:35 PM
Oh, well in that case, the FRA section says you "can" complete the action by spending another standard action, so I see no reason why you'd lose your standard action.

Immediate: 1 pp to use Elan Resistance for +4 to saves.
[roll0] vs DC 14

AlterForm
2010-06-11, 04:46 PM
McToughy - Round 11

5 ft step to X11
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
PP: 2/15
Blindfolded
Position: X11

End Turn

AlterForm
2010-06-11, 04:47 PM
[roll0] (Again. Damnit)
[roll1]

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-13, 07:25 AM
Joshua, Turn 12

5ft step to U-14.
Standard: Manifest Force Screen
Move: Move to V-15, down to Y-15, then to Z-14

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 6/24
PP: 0/7
Buffs:
Force Screen 10/10
Bull's Strength 22/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 23/30

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 10:56 AM
How are you taking a 5 ft step and moving in the same round?

hustlertwo
2010-06-13, 11:51 AM
Um, if that Healing Belt is the one other people have been using, it's 2d8 when expending a single charge, not 1. It goes 2d8 for 1, 3d8 for 2, 4d8 for 3.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-13, 12:50 PM
Right, can't 5ft and move in same round. End my turn in U-14

And since the healing for 1 charge of the belt is 2d8, I assume I get to apply the extra since there's no option, it's just use a charge and get 2d8. [roll0]

RandomAction
2010-06-13, 04:05 PM
Sparks,R-12:
5' step to U-15 - free.
Spellcraft DC:16Whelm @ CL1
McToughy - DC:14 Will or take [roll0] in non-lethal damage.
Shift grip to two-handed on Glaive - free.

End turn.

Stats:
Expeditious Retreat: 6/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Beguiler: 5/4(-4)

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 06:10 PM
[roll0] vs DC 14

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 06:12 PM
Immediate: Burn 1 PP to negate the damage.

McToughy - Round 12

Move: 20 ft to U12
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
PP: 1/15
Blindfolded
Position: U12

End Turn

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-13, 08:48 PM
Joshua, Turn 13

5ft step to V-13.
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 14/24
Buffs:
Force Screen 9/10
Bull's Strength 21/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 22/30

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 09:02 PM
Another miss.

RandomAction
2010-06-13, 09:06 PM
Sparks,R-13,p1:
Tumble to U-11 - move.
DC:15 to avoid AoO - [roll0]

Need to see results before continuing.

RandomAction
2010-06-13, 09:12 PM
Sparks,R-13,p2:
Shift grip on Glaive to one-handed - free.
Spellcraft DC:16
Daze.
McToughy - DC:13 Will or become dazed.

End turn.

Stats:Location: U-11
Expeditious Retreat: 5/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Beguiler: 5(-1)/4(-4)

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 09:23 PM
Immediate: Spend 1 pp, +4 to next save.

[roll0] vs DC 13

AlterForm
2010-06-13, 09:29 PM
McToughy - Round 13

5 ft step to V11
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
AC: 24 (9 armor, 4 shield, 1 dex) (Touch 11, FF 23)
PP: 0/15
Psionic Focus: No
Blindfolded
Position: V11

End Turn

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-13, 09:39 PM
Hit

Joshua, Turn 14

5ft step to V-12.
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 5/24
Buffs:
Force Screen 8/10
Bull's Strength 20/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 21/30

RandomAction
2010-06-14, 12:32 AM
Sparks,R-14:
5' step to V-10 - free.
Spellcraft DC:16Acid Splash.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

End turn.

Stats:
Expeditious Retreat: 4/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Duskblade: 3(-1)/3(-3)/1(-1)

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 10:24 AM
McToughy - Round 14

5 ft step to U10
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
Blindfolded

End Turn

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-14, 08:41 PM
Joshua delays until after Sparks turn

RandomAction
2010-06-14, 11:30 PM
Sparks,R-15:
5' step to U-9 - free.
Spellcraft DC:16Ray of Frost.
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Cold

End turn.

Stats:
Expeditious Retreat: 3/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Duskblade: 3(-2)/3(-3)/1(-1)

RandomAction
2010-06-14, 11:32 PM
Forgot to add this and I didn't wish to edit it into the prior post.

Free action - Yell to partner: "Take him out, One is almost out of spells."

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-15, 06:45 AM
Joshua, Turn 15

5ft step to U-11.
[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Forgot the +2 for flanking but it doesn't matter

End of turn.

Stats:

Buffs:
Force Screen 7/10
Bull's Strength 19/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 20/30

AlterForm
2010-06-15, 09:39 AM
Ray of Frost scores a hit, but McToughy's not down yet.

McToughy - Round 15

5 ft step to V9
[roll0]
[roll1]

Status
HP: 4/13 (3 Nonlethal)
Blindfolded

End Turn

RandomAction
2010-06-15, 12:38 PM
Sparks,R-16:
Shout at McToughy: "Just fall already!" - free.
5' step to V-8 - free.
Cast a spell @ Mctoughy - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16
Acid Splash.
Ranged Touch: [roll]1d20+4[roll]
Damage: [roll0] Acid

End turn.

Stats:
Expeditious Retreat: 3/10 rounds remaining
Spells:
Duskblade: 3(-3)/3(-3)/1(-1)

RandomAction
2010-06-15, 12:40 PM
Ack! Let's try that again.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-15, 01:33 PM
Just a side note, I like how we've waltzed around the map, 5 feet at a time. :smallsmile:

Joshua, Turn 16

5ft step to V-10.
[roll0]
[roll1]

End of turn.

Stats:

Buffs:
Force Screen 6/10
Bull's Strength 18/30
Animal Affinity (Dex) 19/30

AlterForm
2010-06-15, 01:39 PM
Sparks finally connects and downs McToughy. :smalltongue:

hustlertwo
2010-06-15, 01:50 PM
Sparks and Joshua go waltzing and get the win!

RandomAction
2010-06-15, 02:34 PM
Haha, We three are the lords of the dance.

Whew, that was a very grueling match. Adding gp/xp award to sheet. I believe we have a tie-breaking rematch to attend to now.