PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Swordsage/Weretouched Master/Blood Claw Master

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-19, 10:14 PM
I was browsing the Eberron Campaing setting and had a good look at the Weretouched master prg class, the capstone is quite good( specially if you chose to be a tiger-descended, pounce, an increase in its claw damage and tasty tasty +12 str)

Now then I remembered that the blood claw master prestige class from ToB is quite fitting, since it gives more shifts per day, good TWF synergy and it is actually quite fitting thematically.

I am not sure if I may be able to play this build and I haven't actually crunched all the numbers BUT I would like the playground's opinion on it
Razorclaw Shifter
1 Ranger Track, Multiattack (IIRC it has been ruled to count as a shifter feat
2 Swordsage
3 Swordsage Adaptive Style
4 Swordsage
5 Swordsage
6 Weretouched Master INA (Claw)
7 Weretouched Master Shifter Ferocity
8 Weretouched Master
9 Weretouched Master Shadow Blade Extra Shifter Trait (Longstrider or Dreamsight
10 Weretouched Master
11 Blood Claw Master
12 Blood Claw Master Power Attack
13 Swordsage
14 Swordsage
15 Swordsage Improved Multiattack
16 Swordsage
17 Swordsage
18 Swordsage Shifter ferocity
19 Swordsage
20 Sworsage

Ranger is there to get slightly higher bab, survival as a class skill (we house rule that once a class skill, always a class skill in regards to maximum rank and skill point cost) and track

Mongoose87
2010-05-19, 10:20 PM
Make that Swordsage the Unarmed variant, and you can mix natural attacks with unarmed strikes.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-19, 10:25 PM
:facepalm: why didn't I thought of it, it is great with boosts and full attacks (dancing/raging mongoose anyone?) and it also gives me a good weapon for the times I rather not use my shifting.... though I would be... 8 levels behind a monk unarmed strike dice...I could switch a feat for superior unarmed strike or I could get a monk's belt

Mongoose87
2010-05-19, 11:01 PM
I don't think I'd waste a feat on an average of two more damage, especially when you have Shadow Blade.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-20, 07:56 AM
Snap Kick might be better...

Or Craven, if you get Assassin's Stance.

Mongoose87
2010-05-20, 07:59 AM
Snap Kick might be better...

Or Craven, if you get Assassin's Stance.

Craven +1 million dollars

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-20, 11:38 AM
I don't know about craven, for thisd character I was thinking on a skilled but front loader fighter instead of the sneaky backstaber I use to play and I am not sure if the DM will rule that Assassin's stance count as prerequisite for Craven.

But I agree, getting superior unarmed strike is a waste of a feat.

comicshorse
2010-05-20, 11:53 AM
Posted by Dusk Eclipse

and tasty tasty +12 str)

I hate to break it to you but the final level of Were-Touched Master got SEVERELY errate'd
Tiger now gives you +2 Str +4 Con ( and all the other beast types have also been changed)

I've really got to look at the ToB, especially as I'm playing a Shifter intending to go into Were-Touched Master and take the Tiger option ( Barbarian 1/ Scout 1/Ranger 3/ War-Shaper 2 so far)

Also what book is Swordsage in please ?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-20, 11:57 AM
I hate to break it to you but the final level of Were-Touched Master got SEVERELY errate'd
Tiger now gives you +2 Str +4 Con ( and all the other beast types have also been changed)

I've really got to look at the ToB, especially as I'm playing a Shifter intending to go into Were-Touched Master and take the Tiger option ( Barbarian 1/ Scout 1/Ranger 3/ War-Shaper 2 so far)

We don't play using the Errata but now I have to debate whether I should tell my DM or not about the errata.

Also on ToB it is a great book look into it.

comicshorse
2010-05-20, 12:01 PM
I did feel the Errate was justified in WTM case, the stat bonus ( particularly for Bear types) were OBSCENE

Also note the Errata split the power up. The Shifter gets to turn into his animal type but gets no bonuses to stats

The bonuses occur when he shifts as normal

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-20, 12:08 PM
I did feel the Errate was justified in WTM case, the stat bonus ( particularly for Bear types) were OBSCENE

Also note the Errata split the power up. The Shifter gets to turn into his animal type but gets no bonuses to stats

The bonuses occur when he shifts as normal

mmmmm I really need to see that errata, is it on the WoTC site?

comicshorse
2010-05-20, 12:10 PM
Not sure I'm afraid, my GM printed it out for me

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-20, 12:17 PM
Not sure I'm afraid, my GM printed it out for me

off to google then

zagan
2010-05-20, 01:52 PM
the errata can be found here: link. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a)

But yes if you can convince your DM to ignore it it would be best, it's really crappy. The orignial version cpastone was perhaps a little too strong, but it's debatable. In any case they've gone way too far in the other direction.

comicshorse
2010-05-20, 02:31 PM
But yes if you can convince your DM to ignore it it would be best, it's really crappy.

Debatable, remember the old abilities were only using in animal form whereas know you get the stat bonuses when you shift so can use them while retaining your magic armour and weapons

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-20, 03:36 PM
Debatable, remember the old abilities were only using in animal form whereas know you get the stat bonuses when you shift so can use them while retaining your magic armour and weapons

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the capstone of Weretouched Master, also allowed for a hybrid form so I should keep most of my magic items active, and plus I won't be using a weapon but my claws, that is the purpose of the build... a Claw master

comicshorse
2010-05-20, 04:16 PM
Under the Errata version at 5th level you get two abilities:
ALTERNATE FORM : Where you turn into the animal form of the type of Shifter you are (i.e) Tiger. Obviously as a Tiger you don't get to wear armour or magic items

AND
WERETOUCHED 3: Where you get +2 Str and +4 Con as ability bonuses when you are Shifted ( and which stacks with any other bonuses you'd get from your shifting type)

Also if you're going for doing damage with your claws check out the War Shaper Prestige career as this will give you various funky advantages while shifted (+4 Str and Con, Reach, Fast Healing and putting your Claws up a damage category)

Actually Zagan may have a point the Alternate Form really isn't up to much