PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Character Ideas (8 lvls)

Elans_Cohort
2010-05-20, 11:12 AM
Hope this is the correct board...first time at the board, but enjoy OotS greatly.

I am going to be starting a game, this Saturday evening (May 22nd, 2010) and will have 8 lvls to work with. 5 levels basic minimum, with another 3 levels that can be put in prestige.

I generally am a spont. spellcaster and was thinking about a Spellscale as my race. (Gives access to back up healing) and I'm big into Cha. base classes.
I was wanting something along the lines of a Rogue/Warmage but would also like to explore my options...

Ideas?

Thanks much.

electricbee
2010-05-20, 11:14 AM
Try the Beguiler from PHB2, it is a warmage style spontaneous caster, but focusing on illusion, charm and neer do well spell list.

Elans_Cohort
2010-05-20, 11:21 AM
Try the Beguiler from PHB2, it is a warmage style spontaneous caster, but focusing on illusion, charm and neer do well spell list.

I've played one once before. Had fun...I've pondered about doing it this time. Main problem is, it isn't a real damage dealer, more of a controller...Altho it is a back up option if there are too many damage dealers already.

Escheton
2010-05-20, 11:24 AM
Spellthief 1/sorcerer does the trick. Improved spellthief feat, I think it's called.
The one that synergizes the lot. Bit late on the spelllvls though

Critical
2010-05-20, 11:25 AM
A Warlock fits in nicely here...

Elans_Cohort
2010-05-20, 11:27 AM
A Warlock fits in nicely here...

Hmm...I haven't thought about that. What book is the warlock in? I know I don't have the hardcopy I don't think, but maybe I have the PDF...

Kosjsjach
2010-05-20, 11:45 AM
Warlocks are from Complete Arcane. Critical's right, they sound exactly like what you're looking for.

Elans_Cohort
2010-05-20, 11:48 AM
Warlocks are from Complete Arcane. Critical's right, they sound exactly like what you're looking for.

CAr? I do have that. Thanks, will take a look...any PrCs for them?

Saint GoH
2010-05-20, 11:48 AM
Warlock is best used (IMO) with a few dips in Binder. Those two idea's seem to mesh so well, and the synergies from the classes make me drool. Hellfire Warlock from Fiendish Codex II allows for some extra damage shenanigans, and Bloodlines can make things interesting.

Amphetryon
2010-05-20, 12:17 PM
Shugenja. CHA-based SAD character class; a Fire Shugenja with the Order of the Spring Zephyr and dipping Divine Oracle for Evasion fits your goals.

Thurbane
2010-05-20, 02:12 PM
Dread Necromancer is a pretty cool spont CHA based caster, but has a fairly narrowly focused selection of spells. On the plus side, it has some sweet class abilities.

If you go Spellscale, thematically the blood quickening ritual of Falazure would be a nice fit for such a character (but redundant mechanically, unfortunately).

PId6
2010-05-20, 02:35 PM
Sorcerer going into Frost Mage (Frostburn) isn't a bad choice for blaster-types. It might also be interesting with warmage-types, depending on how your DM rules Gain Knowledge works with the warmage spell list. Alternatively, sorcerer into Mage of the Arcane Order (Complete Arcane) can be quite versatile, and fairly useful to a party.