+11|
+6|
+6|Perseverance

20th|
+20(+24)|
+12|
+6|
+6|Bonus Feat, Mastery[/table]

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(History), Listen, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble

Skills per Level: 4+Int

All of the Fighter's class abilities are extraordinairy.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).

Bonus Feats: At 1st level, a fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. A fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. A fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.

Weapon Aptitude: Like Warblade. The second part!:smalltongue:

Confidence: Beginning at 3rd level a fighter may instead of his Wisdom bonus, add 1/3 of his Base Attack Bonus as a bonus on Will saves. In addition a fighter may use 1/3 of his Base Attack Bonus as a bonus on all Charisma based Skill Checks and on Sense Motive. Finally he adds the same bonus on all Grapple, Disarm, Sunder, Trip and Feint attempts.

Monster Lore: A Fighter of 3rd level and higher may use Knowledge(History) to find out information about a creature, as that was the proper Knowledge type for it's creature type.

Great Attainment: Starting at 5th level and every 4 levels, a Fighter increases his Base Attack Bonus and AC by 1. This allows him to make more attack due to a high Base Attack Bonus earlier than other classes, and eventually allow him to make 5 attacks due to a high Base Attack Bonus. The bonus to AC applies to Touch and Flat-footed as well.

Promptitude: Beginning at 7th level a Figher may as an immediate action, take a 5-foot step that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity; or increase his AC by 1/4 of his Base Attack Bonus for one attack; or increase his Saves for one roll by an ammount equal to 1/4 of his Base Attack Bonus until the end of the end; or finally take one attack with each weapon he wields at his Base Attack Bonus -5. If he attacks with 2 weapons he incurs the regular penalties for two-weapon fighting, but each attack may target a diferent opponent. If he wields a ranged weapon he may attack any target up to 1 range increment of the weapon.

Honed Insticts: At 11th level and afterwards a fighter adds a bonus equal to half his Base Attack Bonus on all Initiative rolls. Also when he damages an opponent that would be denied his Dexterity bonus to AC, that opponent is staggered until the beginning of the fighter's next turn.

Defiance: Starting at 15th level a fighter may end an ongoing spell effect from the Conjuration, Evocation and Illusion school. As a standard action a fighter may make a single attack targeting the spell effect. Treat the spell's AC equal to 10 plus its spell level plus the caster's relevant Ability Score Modifier. This ability works against spell-like abilities but it doesn't work against summoned or called creatures. The range of this ability is equal to your reach, or 1 range increment if you use a ranged weapon.

Perseverance: Beginning at 17th level, whenever a Fighter fails a Fortitude or Will save the effect is delayed for 1 round. At the beginning of the next round a Fighter rolls another save versus the same DC. If he fails, the effect takes place, otherwise the effect is negated.

Mastery: At 20th level a Fighter rolls two attack rolls for each one he is entitled to and picks the better one.

Not much to say about it. This is mostly so my players can acces it easy without asking me. Any input is welcome!

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-05-20, 12:36 PM
Hmm... The dispelling is nice, but it's pointless to get it at 15th level when wizards are learning 8th level spells. I'd put it around 7th, just after wizards get it. Also, the ability doesn't have a range...

Besides that, it doesn't fix the fighter's biggest problem: lack of non-combat abilities. Fighters have next to no utility abilities, which makes them worthless outside of a few specific situations (like direct combat.) Yes, it makes them a bit more powerful, but now you're just making the monk class feel bad.

Mongoose87
2010-05-20, 12:41 PM
COnfidence should be based on FIghter level, not BaB, to make a 3-level fighter dip less rewarding.

D-naras
2010-05-20, 12:49 PM
You are propably right, but I would like to have Great Attainment affect it. Perhaps, add +1 to Will for each Great Attainment? Of course, if I do this then a 20 lvl Fighter will allways have at least 6+6+4=16 Will save... Is that much?

D-naras
2010-05-20, 12:53 PM
Hmm... The dispelling is nice, but it's pointless to get it at 15th level when wizards are learning 8th level spells. I'd put it around 7th, just after wizards get it. Also, the ability doesn't have a range...

Besides that, it doesn't fix the fighter's biggest problem: lack of non-combat abilities. Fighters have next to no utility abilities, which makes them worthless outside of a few specific situations (like direct combat.) Yes, it makes them a bit more powerful, but now you're just making the monk class feel bad.

Well I gave them a better skill list plus skill points, in addition to adding 1/3 of BAB on Cha based skills. Also I am gonna try to remake all Martial Base classes from the PHB eventually.

As for Defiance's range, it's melee if you hold a melee weapon and 1 increment if you hold a ranged. Fixing it now!!

Milskidasith
2010-05-20, 12:55 PM
This does pretty much nothing to give the fighter more versatility or up its tier; it just gives him a few defensive abilities for spells that allow saves, the ability to break a forcecage (absurdly easily, actually), and higher numbers.

Ashtagon
2010-05-20, 12:56 PM
Bonus Feat: By allowing any feat instead of just the standard "fighter bonus feat list", you have just made this the perfect two-level dip for arcane casters ken to pick up an extra two meta-magic feats.

Weapon Aptitude: I'm assuming you don't mean exactly like the warblade. Qualifying for fighter feats as if you were a fighter two levels lower than your (fighter in this case) level would suck.

The other half, Being able to re-designate a feat, is pretty central to most fighter re-writes though.

Confidence: I'm not sure how much sense this makes for every Charisma skill

Monster Lore: I'd change this to a flat + (bab/3) bonus on Knowledge checks to know about monsters, and that it allows those skills to be used untrained for this specific purpose only.

Great Attainment: Just no. A maximum of 4 attacks is pretty central to the game design. Not even epic can exceed that. Plus, static bonuses are boring, so few players will really appreciate this.

Promptitude: Sounds good.

Honed Instincts: That stagger effect looks suspiciously over-powered, and I have a feeling the initiative bonus is a bit big too. It's certainly much bigger than the Improved Initiative feat.

Defiance: Sounds good.

Perseverance: This could cause some funky spell interactions, but sounds good.

Mastery: Statistically, this boosts damage by about 50%. It also turns the endgame into a dice-rolling festival, which may not be everyones' cup of tea.

D-naras
2010-05-20, 01:04 PM
Bonus Feat: ...
Actually that's copied and pasted from the fighter entry in the SRD so I am pretty sure, it's Fighter Bonus Feats only.

Weapon Aptitude:...
Yes this means the second part :P

Confidence: ...
Why doesn't it make sense? Charisma after all has many commons with confidence.

Great Attainment: ...
This is static for simplicity's sake, and I thought it was something simple and unique to give to a fighter. If the 5th attack is too much, we can do away with it.

Honed Instincts: ...
So a reduction on the bonus and perhaps only versus flatfooted opponents? It's harder to do than simply denied Dex but still possible.

Mastery: ...
How about allowing to treat rolls lower than 10 as 10?

Suggestions in quote. Thanks for the input! Keep it coming!

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-05-20, 01:07 PM
May I suggest an ability? Let fighters "get a feel" for opponents they fight. Say, after making a full attack against an opponent, you know its hp, AC, saves, and combat-related feats.

I agree with Milskidasith, this doesn't fix the fighter's tier problem, and it aggravates the monk's poor offensive options.

D-naras
2010-05-20, 01:13 PM
May I suggest an ability? Let fighters "get a feel" for opponents they fight. Say, after making a full attack against an opponent, you know its hp, AC, saves, and combat-related feats.

I agree with Milskidasith, this doesn't fix the fighter's tier problem, and it aggravates the monk's poor offensive options.

That's a cool idea. You think it should be skill based or use some other formula?

As far as the monk and other classes go, I think of the Fighter as the base to build the other fighting classes. So if I get this right then I will try rewriting the monk, I assure you!

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-05-20, 02:52 PM
That's a cool idea. You think it should be skill based or use some other formula?

As far as the monk and other classes go, I think of the Fighter as the base to build the other fighting classes. So if I get this right then I will try rewriting the monk, I assure you!

Probably a level check plus Wisdom against the monster's CR + 10. Or make it be a check against the monster's CR, but if they beat the DC by 5 or more they can discern the next-highest ability (in the order of best save, hit points, AC, then worst save.) Maybe instead of making it require an attack, make it require a standard action, or a free action if they attack the target. That way the fighter can use it to gauge an opponent.

You could make saves more vague. Fighters don't care about saving throws, but they care about AC and HP. Maybe let them know which is the monster's best save and which is the worst. It would also be nice to know what the monster is rolling to hit the fighter, so that it works equally well for Power Attack and Combat Expertise builds. Maybe you could make it a seperate ability from the studying one, so on a successful check the Fighter knows the to-hit bonus of whatever attack was just used against him.

The point is that this makes the fighter more of a technical combatant, someone who studies and trains hard. And it lets them assist the rest of the party and exercise somewhat more of a leadership role.