PDA

View Full Version : Irregular Webcomic

pman.512
2010-05-20, 02:34 PM
How manyof you have read any "Irregular Webcomic?":smallcool:

Gez
2010-05-20, 03:35 PM
Many; but it's not a webcomic that seems to lend itself to on-going threads. There was a short-lived one here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117878).

Trazoi
2010-05-20, 06:49 PM
What "specific non-animated, fictional, non-human, talking mammal of a real species, originally from literature or poetry" is everyone going with for the poll? I've been running with Reepicheep for ages now, so I don't want the streak of conforming answers to end.

Don't let David Morgan-Mar find out about this thread; I don't want to spoil the answer!

Gez
2010-05-20, 07:19 PM
I was going for the Marsupilami until it was invalidated (http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/polls/poll0486.html).

The Glyphstone
2010-05-20, 11:23 PM
I;m voting "Yes' to everything possible, and seeing what results.

Arcane Hoplite
2010-05-22, 02:25 PM
It is an interesting webcomic, though I have to admit, some of the puns are too cheesy and obscure.

dogmac
2010-05-23, 03:42 AM
I used to work (online) with the guy who writes it.

I suspect occassionally the puns may be too Australian also.

Trazoi
2010-05-23, 05:39 AM
I used to work (online) with the guy who writes it.
I met David Morgan-Mar at a conference last year. He's one of the few webcomic creators I think I could recognise in real life because he features as a character in his comic.

And shoot, it looks like carnivore won the vote. :smallfrown: Now I'll have to change my character to the Chief Weasel from Wind in the Willows.

Hurkyl
2010-05-23, 04:49 PM
It is an interesting webcomic, though I have to admit, some of the puns are too cheesy and obscure.
A pun too... cheesy? I understand each individual word, and yet I cannot comprehend them combined in that fashion!

JonestheSpy
2010-05-24, 06:28 PM
I love Irregular Webcomic. It's actually the first webcomic I started reading regularly.

Fri
2010-05-25, 03:19 PM
I read it since it's hundreds number. Used to be one of the few webcomics that I regularly read beside oots and xkcd, but I kinda got bored by it lately and don't regularly read it anymore. Still good though.

Scorpina
2010-06-18, 12:03 PM
I love Irregular Webcomic. Obviously, some themes are better than others, but it's all good stuff.

What "specific non-animated, fictional, non-human, talking mammal of a real species, originally from literature or poetry" is everyone going with for the poll? I've been running with Reepicheep for ages now, so I don't want the streak of conforming answers to end.

I was going with Hazel-Rah from Watership Down, then the vote went that it's carniverous. :smallfrown:

Trazoi
2010-06-18, 05:50 PM
I was going with Hazel-Rah from Watership Down, then the vote went that it's carniverous. :smallfrown:
That one removed a lot of good herbivores and omnivores :smallfrown:. Good thing weasels aren't felines.

Trazoi
2010-07-12, 06:21 PM
Yes! Non-feline and non-canine - weasels are still in play!

Imgran
2010-07-12, 09:39 PM
Bears are still in play. So are rodents.

Imgran
2010-07-12, 09:42 PM
Ooh, it could still be a Dolphin, perhaps the Dophins of Pern.

Yes I have no taste in literature. Anyway, dolphins are in play.

Trazoi
2010-07-12, 10:12 PM
Bears are still in play. So are rodents.
Carnivores only though; omnivores not allowed. That's why I had to switch from Reepicheep to the Chief Weasel. I guess polar bears are still in play, if you've got a specific talking one originally from literature or poetry in mind. As well as the dolphins, of course.

hamishspence
2010-07-14, 05:08 AM
How close to feline can the creature be?

What about creatures called "cats" that aren't- like various marsupials?

Or creatures close to cats within Carnivora, but not quite there- like hyenas, or mongooses?

Was there a live-action version of Rikki-tikki-tavi? Talks (in the book, though humans don't understand him.)

Trazoi
2010-07-14, 05:16 AM
How close to feline can the creature be?
The ultimate answer is it depends on what David Morgan-Mar thinks it means.

I'm going with nothing allowed from the families Felidae (cats, small or large) or Canidae (dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, jackals etc.). Anything else goes. Since I'm not that great on biological families, I check with Wikipedia.

Gez
2010-07-14, 06:10 PM
I guess polar bears are still in play, if you've got a specific talking one originally from literature or poetry in mind.

Like, say, this guy. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_His_Dark_Materials_characters#Iorek_Byrnis on)

Gez
2010-07-26, 08:14 AM
Apparently, this greek chorus is a rough transliteration in Greek of Abba's Dancing Queen, specifically this part:

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life, ooooh
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Imgran
2010-07-26, 06:27 PM
Dolphins are still in play.

rakkoon
2010-08-03, 08:28 AM
I once spent 6 hours reading it. Think I stopped after 2000 comics or something. It was fun but other stuff (oots, lfg) were more to my liking

Quick_Lime
2010-08-03, 02:39 PM
The only problem I have with this comic is it's literally impossible to make it through the archives, with thousands of comics that update daily.

Porthos
2010-08-03, 02:42 PM
The only problem I have with this comic is it's literally impossible to make it through the archives, with thousands of comics that update daily.

That might be why he created Archive Binge (http://www.archivebinge.net/).

Eat them in small easy to digest bites. :smallwink:

Gez
2010-10-13, 05:58 AM
http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/comic.php?current=2817

It's the commentary that makes this one funny.

Beginning with the previous strip in this theme, this is the first time Hitler's Brain has been seen outside his stronghold in Berlin.

Naturally, he gets around on a giant skateboard.

Hitler's Brain-in-a-Jar, riding a giant skateboard in its travels around the world. That's Dr. McNinja material. :smallbiggrin: