PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking weight loss spell

anIceFan
2010-05-20, 07:06 PM
I have a cleric who can cast level 5 spells. I need a spell that will reduce his weight so that another flying creature can carry him.

Any ideas?

He is in the wilderness, so buying stuff is out of the question.

Demons_eye
2010-05-20, 07:08 PM
Reduce person?

Ernir
2010-05-20, 07:09 PM
Reduce Person?

Might be difficult to get on a Cleric, though... what are your domains?

Also, Swordsage'd.

Assassin89
2010-05-20, 07:10 PM
Reduce person could work, but it's a wizard spell.

Rather than make one's self lighter, why not increase the maximum load of the flying creature?

Bull's strength is a viable solution for that approach.

Nihb
2010-05-20, 07:10 PM
How about a potion of Levitate? Cleric don't get much "altering" spells at low level.

pinwiz
2010-05-20, 07:12 PM
Do healing spells grow back limbs? cuz you could probably sever several of them from you, lightening your weight. but the problem then is that you are lacking limbs.... :smalltongue:

Ernir
2010-05-20, 07:13 PM
Do healing spells grow back limbs? cuz you could probably sever several of them from you, lightening your weight. but the problem then is that you are lacking limbs.... :smalltongue:

You need Regenerate for that.

theMycon
2010-05-20, 07:13 PM
If you have an arcane caster around:
Reduce person 1st level sorc/wiz, and weight becomes 1/8th "real" weight, and you get +2AC (1 size, 1 dex)

If you don't: Bull's Str the flyer (so he can carry twice as much), OR air walk yourself (so you can "fly" by yourself), OR extended Summon Monster: Any flying creature (so something stronger than that can carry you.)

levels 2, 4, and 2+ respectively.

IonDragon
2010-05-20, 08:04 PM
You may consider simply going on a diet if you need to lose weight rather than drastic weight loss methods. Supposedly they can be bad for your health. You could also try eating under-cooked pork then when you get dangerously thin using Remove Disease which removes the Tape Worm.

anIceFan
2010-05-20, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, you aretelling me what I expected, that I am pretty much out of luck.

Domains are War and strength

Disintegrate, might be alittle to permanent of a wight reduction, thanks for the idea though. :smallamused::smallamused:

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-20, 08:32 PM
I think casting Bull's Strength on the flier is your best bet.

holywhippet
2010-05-20, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, you aretelling me what I expected, that I am pretty much out of luck.

Domains are War and strength

Disintegrate, might be alittle to permanent of a wight reduction, thanks for the idea though. :smallamused::smallamused:

Are the flying creatures humanoid in shape at all? The strength domain gives you enlarge person.

anIceFan
2010-05-20, 09:48 PM
Are the flying creatures humanoid in shape at all? The strength domain gives you enlarge person.

Yes, she is a valkyrie. That might work for my needs.

holywhippet
2010-05-20, 09:54 PM
Yes, she is a valkyrie. That might work for my needs.

Ok, that spell will stack with bulls strength if need be.

Teron
2010-05-20, 10:02 PM
Enlarge person doesn't work that way. The target has to be of the humanoid creature type, not just human-like in form.

I don't know if there are official stats for valkyries, but I'd expect them to be outsiders, in which case enlarge person won't work.

holywhippet
2010-05-20, 10:07 PM
It's up to the DM then - presumably they made their own custom valkyries.

Flickerdart
2010-05-20, 10:20 PM
There`s a Valkyrie in Tome of Battle. Outsiders, I believe.

pinwiz
2010-05-20, 10:21 PM
There`s a Valkyrie in Tome of Battle. Outsiders, I believe.

That would be correct

Cookiemobsta
2010-05-21, 05:56 AM
http://www.lapband.com/en/home/ ?

veovius
2010-05-22, 12:04 AM
P90X :)

Or maybe some more fiber....besides, metamucil tastes great!

In more extreme cases, you could always cook up some meth, I hear it's great for weight loss :smallbiggrin: On the other hand, you stay awake and jittery for 3 days, so it may be hard to prepare spells.....

PId6
2010-05-22, 12:10 AM
Girallon's Blessing + Fuse Arms (both in SpC) adds +4 untyped to Strength.

Azernak0
2010-05-22, 12:29 AM

That reminds me of how one of our players in Mutants and Masterminds got out of a prison cell once. He broke off his limbs and had his body Regenerate outside the cell. The DM allowed it because of it's cleverness but it is a really disturbing image.

Throw as much gear as you can into a Bag of Holding. Your Shield or Sword could be thrown in and just pulled out when necessary. If you are just traveling a big distance, fly naked.

2xMachina
2010-05-22, 04:07 AM
Huh, how about jumping in the bag with a bottle of air?

I quick draw the cleric!

anIceFan
2010-05-22, 10:43 AM
The meth might work. The character has a special condition so that he doesn;t sleep anyway so the 3 days of not sleeping might be good.

As to flying naked, it wouldn't be a problem, they have...shared relations. It just might get cold.

I think I am going to try Bull strength or if the GM will have it, enlarge person.

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-22, 10:44 AM
Well, I've lost like 400 lbs with a combination of exercise, eating right (though eating boring foods is forbidden), a complete system cleanse, and a proper nutrition supplement regimen.

However, you may want to just buff your 'mount' (heh), or hide in a handy haversack, bag of holding, or portable hole.

Devils_Advocate
2010-05-22, 04:33 PM
I agree with weight reduction via extra-dimensional storage space, provided that one with sufficient capacity to contain the cleric is available. Making things easier to carry is exactly what those are for. And I find it difficult to imagine that riding in one would be any more dangerous than actually having the Valkyrie hold you aloft.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-22, 05:15 PM
Reduce Person as everyone has said. Also, I know you said you were in the woods, but get some mythril armor to replace your current (you said you were a cleric so I'm assuming you have some heavy armor.