PDA

View Full Version : Is it still Force Choke if...

AstralFire
2010-05-20, 10:02 PM
...they're choking because you threw your jewelry down their mouth?

...while you were completely immobile from broken limbs?

...while they were spamming Force Scream?

...and with a witty one-liner? You want to scream like a big baby, fine, then you can have choking hazards like one!

:biggrin:

If confused, go further down the thread to here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8534842&postcount=13).

The Mentalist
2010-05-20, 11:31 PM
AstralFire I may love you. That was perfect.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-20, 11:33 PM
What if you Force Choke the chicken?

Optimystik
2010-05-20, 11:34 PM
...Is this some kind of insider joke or something?

Flame of Anor
2010-05-20, 11:35 PM

This... :smallconfused:

Eurus
2010-05-21, 12:12 AM
That was possibly the lamest line ever, yet somehow brilliant because of it. :smallbiggrin:

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-21, 01:46 AM
I'd squee at there being an AstralFire in this thread, but I'm too confused.

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-21, 01:52 AM
Okay, double-post I know, but I just got the joke.

By Yoda, that was so bad it was awesome.

Coidzor
2010-05-21, 02:47 AM
...they're choking because you threw your jewelry down their mouth?

...while you were completely immobile from broken limbs?

...while they were spamming Force Scream?

...and with a witty one-liner? You want to scream like a big baby, fine, then you can have choking hazards like one!

Looks like you really put a sock in it.

:smallcool:

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Also: Warning: Adventurers contain small parts and pointy objects not suitable for children 3 and under

Lycan 01
2010-05-21, 03:46 AM
I'm not sure if that quip was lame or not, but it seems like the type of line you'd expect in Star Wars. Bravo overall for that scene... :smallcool:

Altair_the_Vexed
2010-05-21, 03:58 AM
Gain a Dark Side point.

(Not for the force choke, for your bad one liner.):smallwink:

Coidzor
2010-05-21, 04:37 AM
(Not for the force choke, for your bad one liner.):smallwink:

It's not so much bad as it is more of a... two liner.

AstralFire
2010-05-21, 06:32 AM

Alright, let me explain what actually happened.

A Dark Jedi PC is chasing us (me, an adventuring archaeologist, and her NPC employees) through some ancient civilization's ruins. We reach a dead end. We begin setting up to fight him - my character (http://www.rphaven.com/profile.php?user=Aurabelle%20Tinkleena) is a Padawan, so she is understandably nervous. I tear out some wiring and trail it across the front of the only passageway in, the doctor and her NPCs get to work trying to wire some of the droids down here to save our asses.

This guy comes running in and then rage-hurls a great honkin' lightsaber through the room. I use move object to drape him into those live wires, but he keeps coming in, swearing to kill us all slowly for that. Droids run in, manage to work as er, not-human shields for a few seconds. I summon his lightsaber to my hand, find it's heavy as hell (dude is Large-size and powered by SHEER RAJ) and cut it in two.

Aurabelle brandishes both of her sabers in front of her in a scissored fashion. "You are unarmed, outnumbered, and injured. Surrender now, and you will be unharmed. Advance another step, and I cannot promise anything."

The creature's mouth curled into a sneer as he ripped his gloves off of his hands, revealing black claws that had stained a dark red from years of usage. "Are all Jedi so stupid as to think a lightsaber is the only weapon?"

At the same time, he hammers me with a strong Force Push, sending me flying away. Droids and NPC continue to fire, but all we get is a Terminator effect with this dude, they are injuring him but raegman is raeg and he won't stop 'til we're all dead. I run back in, get ready to do the rising jump attack Lightsaber Form Power... bam, AoO, he clobbers me hard, breaks a few ribs, but I get a reaction in and partially scissor off one of his hands in return.

Repulsor blasts go off from gearhead+NPC concert over there and send him flying across the room and away. My character is immobilized, the other people here are non-combatants (this was an opening hook adventure) and he's still alive. And angrier than ever. He begins to spam Force Scream in a giant show of force (no pun intended...) I don't want to do a lightsaber throw because he's probably stronger in the Force than me and I don't want him catching it or wresting control from me...

Then Aurabelle snaps her bracelet off of her wrist and tosses it into his wide-open mouth.

Aurabelle grasps at her side, the blood oozing from between her ribs and down her robes. "Alright. Nngh. Nn. You want to... to scream like a big baby, fine. Hs. Then you can... can have choking hazards like one!"

Bad guy's player gets major points for the enraged "WHAT DID SHE JUST DO" reaction he pulled off. Then, I really came to appreciate just how useful a narrative tool 'avoiding the dark side' is. I couldn't just throw lightsaber while he was indeed flailing like a big baby; Aurabelle was too scared by the whole thing and if she killed him, she'd be giving into her fear as, well, she's just a padawan. She did admirably, but she was not in control of her emotions at that point, the snarky two-liner had proved that. So instead, she slammed him in the face with his own club.

(Complete with my friend snarking, "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!")

Starbuck_II
2010-05-21, 06:46 AM
With the story it was good. Context is everything. :smallbiggrin:

AstralFire
2010-05-21, 07:04 AM
I was just worried about initially boring everyone with the full story. Oh well!

OccultNino
2010-05-21, 07:32 AM
Silence of the sith?

Coidzor
2010-05-21, 11:27 AM
Y'know, being part of the Dark Side is one thing, but never washing your hands, that's just tacky. :smallyuk:

Taking him out would be a service to galactic hygiene.

AstralFire
2010-05-21, 11:39 AM
But then I won't have any witty lines to use in future encounters!

-shortly after my Barab Ore Ingot saber sets him on fire-
"What's the matter? Does it burn like hygiene?" :smallbiggrin: