PDA

View Full Version : Good Sayings for an Archer Ranger

Shadowbane
2010-05-20, 10:57 PM
Yes. For a sniper type character, particularly one after undead.

I've already nabbed a few from Saving Private Ryan. Any other ideas?

Drakevarg
2010-05-20, 11:08 PM
"Boom. Headshot."

Doesn't really fit for an archer, but the quote's funny enough to be posted anyway:

"Dad, I'm an assassin, not a crazed gunman. What's the difference? Well the difference is one's a job, and the other's mental sickness!"

AstralFire
2010-05-20, 11:12 PM
"Horde's about 26 miles downstream. I'd say as the crow flies, but they don't get that far." -tosses a bundle of feather and meat on the ground-

"Taste like ****, too."

Drakevarg
2010-05-20, 11:15 PM
After being accused of shooting at someone:

Shot at you? I've never shot at anything in my entire life. I either shot it or I didn't shoot.

faith
2010-05-20, 11:20 PM
1 shot, 1 kill.
actually scratch that, 1 shot 3 kills? 4? more?

Kaun
2010-05-20, 11:21 PM
"Pull!"

off topic, it always amazes me with these kinda threads, some of them get locked or moved and some of them don't. I dont get it sometimes.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-20, 11:22 PM
By the gods what have I created?!:smalleek:

IonDragon
2010-05-20, 11:23 PM
By the gods what have I created?!:smalleek:

From the looks of it? A chibi avatar.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-20, 11:28 PM

Credit goes to Elagune for that one.

Drakevarg
2010-05-20, 11:29 PM

An adorable one, so that's fine.

If my arrow doesn't hit you, it means I was aiming at something else.

Math_Mage
2010-05-20, 11:35 PM
"If you see me, it means I have allowed you to live."

Kyuubi, don't forget to credit Elagune in your sig.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-20, 11:40 PM
"If you see me, it means I have allowed you to live."

Kyuubi, don't forget to credit Elagune in your sig.

I would credit him but I have a lot of avatars. Too many to credit them all in my sig. I may also not remember exactly who drew the avatar after a while.:smallfrown:

Optimystik
2010-05-20, 11:43 PM
The various night elf archers in the Warcraft games have plenty of one-liners related to the profession.

"I can hit a bird in the eye, flying"
"I'm not just some plucky girl you can string along."

etc.

Zen Master
2010-05-21, 03:14 AM
"Well, in case any of you need me, I'll be waay over there. In a bush."

"I've heard of fighting fair. Let me tell you what I think about that. I think that the guy I shoot in the back, at night, at a hundred paces, is far less likely to disembowel than the guy I fight fairly ... in melee, or some such foolishness."

"You know what I like? Barbarians. Always the headlong charge, with a great warcry and a mad gleam in the eyes. I bring caltrops, and traps ... oh, and when in doubt, I also dip my arrows in this wonderful muscle relaxant I buy of a shifty gnome over at Grungnirs Tavern."

"You know what else I like? Paladins. Oh yes, I do love me some predictable enemies. You should see the look in their eyes when you shoot their precious mount out from under them - priceless, let me tell you. Oh ... heh, and then run in circles around them as they lumber after me in their plate armor."

"Yea, the other guys at the Rangers Guild laughed when I told them I'd taken favoured enemy: Horses. But it just makes sense, doesn't it? The kings lancers are just so much less intimidating on foot."

"Know what I don't like? Rogues. Well and wizards. Sorcerers. Actually, anyone I can't see. If you ask me, all forms of hiding from plain sight are just downright treacherous, cowardly and craven. Really, the gods oughta make some rule against that stuff."

Critical
2010-05-21, 03:42 AM
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"

"BOOM, HEADSHOT, YEAH!"

"WOOHOOHOOHOO, TAKE THAT, BIATCH!"

When dodged something "I can dance all day, I can dance all day, try and hit me, try and hit me, COME ON!"

"Here's my bow here. It owns. It OWNS!"

"What can I say, there's nothing like rush people down and killing them! I mean, my heart's beating, my heart's beating, my hands are shaking, my hands are shaking, but I'm STILL SHOOTING and I'm still getting the headshot, saying BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEAD-SHOT!"

"You know, my dad owns a bow shop, you know, he doesn't like to admit it, but I think it makes him real nervous when I work there, cuz anytime I get a bow on my hands it just automatically points somebody's head!"

Fun. :smallbiggrin:

SydneyLosstarot
2010-05-21, 04:03 AM
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.
might need some tailoring, but fits nonetheless)

also, this:
http://xkcd.com/101/

Optimystik
2010-05-21, 07:55 AM
Fun. :smallbiggrin:

I see what you did there (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY)

Rising Phoenix
2010-05-21, 08:05 AM
"One arrow/shot, one kill"...

comicshorse
2010-05-21, 08:09 AM
" Next time you ride through the forest, keep your visor down. " TWANG "Oh there'll be no next time"

" Four guys on a griffen approaching"
TWANG
" Correction.Three guys "
TWANG
" Correction. They not approaching anymore."
TWANG
" Correction, no griffin."
( I may have borrowed this one from somewhere. Actually I adapated both. Points if you can tell where they came from)

Amphetryon
2010-05-21, 08:16 AM
Requisite set-up line: "That was the best shot I've ever seen!" (After a one shot one kill).

"It was the worst; I was aiming for the horse."

Traveler
2010-05-21, 09:10 AM
"Don't run. You'll only die tired."

"Any arrow is an arrow of slaying if applied directly to your head."

Ruinix
2010-05-21, 09:32 AM
i surprised no one alredy sayed.

"AND STAY DEAD" and thow another arrow to the dead bitch XD

before release the arrow....

"Fly baby fly!!"
"dodge THIS" (cast true strike first XDD)

Megaduck
2010-05-21, 09:52 AM
"I've never had a problem a long piece of Ash didn't fix."

Loxagn
2010-05-21, 10:14 AM
"Black arrow! I have saved you to the last. You have never failed me and always I have recovered you. I had you from my father and he from of old. If ever you came from the forges of the true king under the Mountain, go now and speed well!"
-The Hobbit, if you've a flair for the dramatic.

"Thanks for standin' still, wanker!"
"Wave g'bye t yer head!"

"Feelin's? You know who's got a lot o' feelin's? Blokes, what bludgeon their wife to death with a greatclub. Professionals have standards.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

<deadpan> "Oh my god, you've been shot."
"Y'know what you an' the Raven Queen have in common, mate? Yer both dead women."
"Oh lookit that, I shot ya right in the ovary."

You know what, I'm going to head this off before it gets out of hand. Anything said by the Sniper, ever.

Achernar
2010-05-21, 11:31 AM
"Oh, nock it off!"

But really, for an archery ranger going against undead? This boils down to personal experience:

"I have slain wights and necromancers many times, with just one well-placed arrow, and perhaps with a splash of holy water. But damned if I can ever knock down a skeleton before the party cleric dusts them all."

"Oh, I HATE damage reduction!" -Haley Starshine

"Oh, I HATE immunity to sneak attacks and precision shots!" -Me

Machiavellian
2010-05-21, 11:36 AM
"I think he's afraid of..."
Snipes target
"the Headshot"

AstralFire
2010-05-21, 11:40 AM
When in doubt, quote Mike Tyson. It always works.

AtwasAwamps
2010-05-21, 12:16 PM
" Four guys on a griffen approaching"
TWANG
" Correction.Three guys "
TWANG
" Correction. They not approaching anymore."
TWANG
" Correction, no griffin."
( I may have borrowed this one from somewhere. Actually I adapated both. Points if you can tell where they came from)

Snow Crash, by Neil Stephenson. Its used by a sniper defending about from pirate attacks with a fantastic gun. Actual quote ran

"It's, like, one of them drug dealer boats," Vic says, looking through his magic sight. "Five guys on it. Headed our way."
He fires another round. "Correction. Four guys on it."
Boom. "Correction. They're not headed our way anymore."
Boom. A fireball erupts from the ocean two hundred feet away. "Correction. No boat."

As for archery quotes? Here's one from...ugh...I don't remember the name, I think it was the Mahabharatha (I know that's mispelled, it's been years since I thought of it and longer since I've read it), but it's a bit of a passage (not really a quote, but badass enough that it should be included in anything archery related) that runs like this.

A group of students are lined up for an archery test, where their teacher tells them to shoot the eye out of a small bird figure in a tree far away. As each steps up to take a shot, the teacher asks them questions:

Teacher: Can you see the trees?
Student: Yes, sir.
Teacher: Can you see the bird?
Student: Yes, sir.
Teacher: Put up your bow, you have failed this challenge.

This is repeated with each student till he reaches the student named Arjun.

Teacher: Can you see the trees?
Arjun: No, sir.
Teacher: Can you see the bird?
Arjun: No, sir.
Teacher: Then Arjun, what is it that you see?
Arjun: I see only the eye of bird, sir.
Teacher: THEN LET FLY!

Nidogg
2010-05-21, 12:23 PM
For an evil archer....
"Wittisims are only good if your enemy hears them."
Good party member-"then why are you speaking?"
Lets fly, turns to good party member "hehehe..... nothing..."

Escheton
2010-05-21, 12:32 PM
I do not kill, I release death.

I do not aim, I guide.

I know not gods, no great leaders of men have I heard.
No words of power to guide me.
No scholar am I, raised on the hunt.
I know but 1 thing: don't run out of arrows.