PDA

View Full Version : Righteous Wrath help

jguy
2010-05-20, 11:19 PM
I was looking at the Exalted Righteous Wrath feat BoED and it says that while raging the barbarian has unnatural clarity such as distinguishing friend from foe, show mercy, and deal nonlethal damage. Does this mean that a barbarian with caster levels could cast spells while raging?

holywhippet
2010-05-20, 11:26 PM
I was looking at the Exalted Righteous Wrath feat BoED and it says that while raging the barbarian has unnatural clarity such as distinguishing friend from foe, show mercy, and deal nonlethal damage. Does this mean that a barbarian with caster levels could cast spells while raging?

I'd say no. That feat lets you keep enough of your wits to not act outside of your moral code. Casting spells requires a calmer, more focused mind.

IonDragon
2010-05-20, 11:28 PM
It seems to have a short list of things that it does, all of which are rather clear and "Cast a spell" is not one.

Optimystik
2010-05-20, 11:39 PM
No, it just allows you to keep your various vows and principles even while raging (such as not finishing off a foe who has surrendered.) Casting spells requires a level of concentration this feat does not provide.

The Champion of Gwynharwyf barbarian PrC in the same book, however, gets the ability Furious Casting, which allows it to cast spells while raging like you want (though the list is somewhat small.)

gorfnab
2010-05-20, 11:52 PM
Rage Mage from Complete Warrior is another option if you want to cast spells while raging.