PDA

View Full Version : Question about The Wish and The Word

draco_nite
2010-05-21, 04:07 AM
Why does The Wish need to take levels in Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil or Mage of the Arcane Order? Or warlock, for that matter? Doesn't he just wish for a ring of infinite wishes from a pit fiend summoned through a gate spell? (Which no DM in their right mind would allow.)

Altair_the_Vexed
2010-05-21, 07:27 AM
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Firstly, are we talking about D&D? Which edition?

What is "The Wish"? Is it a character class, or what? What book is it in?

Lastly, it's not thast the DM won't allow you to wish for morte wishes - the Pit Fiend is quite likely to mess you up, or at least corrupt your wish.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-21, 07:42 AM
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Firstly, are we talking about D&D? Which edition?

What is "The Wish"? Is it a character class, or what? What book is it in?

Lastly, it's not thast the DM won't allow you to wish for morte wishes - the Pit Fiend is quite likely to mess you up, or at least corrupt your wish.

Your google-fu is weak. (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=character+optimization+the+wish&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=COwvU9X32S86jEY36M-6XgbcCAAAAqgQFT9CQfpE&fp=a21b48065e53b6d4)

The Wish (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Wish_and_the_Word_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_ Build%29) is a UMD build, thus Warlock 12+. IotSFV is there to make the character even more unkillable, since it can't Wish as an immediate action. I'm not sure why it has Mage of the Arcane Order, but it probably uses Spell Pool with Magical Training + Precocious Apprentice to pull yet more shenanigans.

veovius
2010-05-22, 12:23 AM
Little bit of a hijack, but there's something I don't get about the Wish.

How the heck does he get 20th Level Warlock invocations? As far as I can tell, the PrCs only advance the spells per day, not invocations known.....

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-22, 01:21 AM
Little bit of a hijack, but there's something I don't get about the Wish.

How the heck does he get 20th Level Warlock invocations? As far as I can tell, the PrCs only advance the spells per day, not invocations known.....

Complete Arcane, page 18, under "Warlocks and Prestige Classes" will tell you everything you need to know. Basically, "+1 level of existing spellcasting class" applied to a Warlock will increase both invocations known and eldritch blast, both class features which use his caster level.