PDA

View Full Version : Sandra and Woo

Elaro
2010-05-21, 09:52 AM
Sandra and Woo (http://www.sandraandwoo.com)

Written by Oliver Knörzer, drawn by powree.

The adventures of Sandra, an 11 year old girl and her pet talking raccoon, Woo.

It's vaguely Watterson-esque, at times, and certainly deserves more exposure.

Domochevsky
2010-05-21, 02:29 PM
Hm, quite a peculiar (and surprisingly clever) comic. :smallsmile:

Gez
2010-05-21, 03:17 PM
Cute, though I can't say I care much for the constant Final Fantasy references.

Elaro
2010-05-25, 03:54 PM
Oh yeah, me neither. But it's still fun, hey?

Weimann
2010-05-26, 06:02 AM
I read through the archives and I'm pleasantly impressed. I'll be coming back to this one, no doubt.

Robberbaron
2010-05-26, 01:24 PM
It's fairly entertaining and updates pretty regularly, been reading it for a year or so, quite fun.

Domochevsky
2010-08-07, 09:45 PM
So, the current arc... remember when the comic was funny?

I am not amused by this. In fact, i find the events happening quite worrying. The attempts to crack jokes in the midst of this really aren't doing anything. :|
And i'm not exactly on the side of the protagonists here. >_>

Weimann
2010-08-09, 01:42 PM
I dunno. I believe it's entertaining when a comic can shift between goofiness and more in-depths themes. I am still enjoying reading it, I do.

Domochevsky
2010-08-09, 02:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, i find it good that they approach more mature themes, however in this instance i see two characters i like essentially fighting for their lifes.

Sh*it's mad serious.

Glass Mouse
2010-08-15, 03:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, i find it good that they approach more mature themes, however in this instance i see two characters i like essentially fighting for their lifes.

Sh*it's mad serious.

I got the same feeling. Maybe this whole storyline would work a lot better if one had actually seen Hit-Girl, the movie that the storyline is apparantly an homage to.

Still, I was more than a little impressed when I first stumbled across Sandra and Woo. It's cute, intelligent, thoughtprovoking and incredibly charming.
This current storyline is probably just a small bump on the road :smallsmile:

Domochevsky
2010-08-17, 06:39 PM
So... yeah. Bacon. Yay? >_>

(I'm really curious how they're going to resolve this whole "thug" issue. There's some mood whiplash going on here. I hope they didn't just use him as a throwaway mook to insert a homage to the Kickass movie or somesuch.)

DogChan
2010-08-17, 10:36 PM
So, the current arc... remember when the comic was funny?

I am not amused by this. In fact, i find the events happening quite worrying. The attempts to crack jokes in the midst of this really aren't doing anything. :|
And i'm not exactly on the side of the protagonists here. >_>

I have been reading this comic for a long time, and you are right... this last arc was very very bad. I miss the how is used to be; cute and funny, a story about a little girl and her pet Raccon.

Domochevsky
2010-08-28, 09:15 PM
Yeah really funny there, author... i am not amused. And even worse, i don't buy it. :smallcool:
(Next you'll tell me that it was only a dream or something.)

Rockphed
2010-08-28, 10:11 PM
Yeah really funny there, author... i am not amused. And even worse, i don't buy it. :smallcool:
(Next you'll tell me that it was only a dream or something.)

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to the "big reveal."

Nosferocktu
2011-02-07, 07:33 PM
I honestly enjoy this comic on a deep personal level cuz it reminds me of my family. Cloud's parent's are me and my wife to a T, and my daughter is 2 now and she already beats me on some PS3 and xbox 360 games. I am waiting till she turns 6 and starts computing the quadratic formula and speaking latin. ^_^

Domochevsky
2011-02-08, 11:38 AM
Did it get better then after that particular storyline? I kinda stopped following back then.

Glass Mouse
2011-02-09, 10:34 PM
Did it get better then after that particular storyline? I kinda stopped following back then.

Mnyeah. It got better, yes, but to me, it seems to have lost its "bite". There are good ones, like (to mention a few) this (http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2010/12/19/0229-composition-with-red-blue-and-woo/), this (http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2010/11/18/0218-school/) and this (http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2010/12/08/0224-complicated/), but there's been a significant lack of punchlines recently (I think it's down to 50/50) which makes it generally a slightly dull read.

I'm still following, though, but that's mostly out of the hope that it'll get back to what it once was.

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-02-18, 02:57 AM
New storyline starting. Camping in the rain? Yeah, been there.