PDA

View Full Version : warforged Juggernaut

quiet1mi
2010-05-21, 10:09 AM
What are some good feat choices for a level 10 Warforged Juggernaut...

So far I got, Power Attack, Adamantine Armor, Dungeon Crasher I, Improved Bullrush, Shock Trooper, Dungeon Crasher II... I currently have 2 feats left over...

I am keeping in mind that... (using the elite array only)

Bull Rush +13 bonus
This Character deals 10d6 + 1d8 + 20 damage on a bullrush charge into a wall. 2d6 less if not apart of a charge. (59.5 average)

Charge (+18 to hit)
4d6 + 25 damage on a charge. (39 average)

My charge damage while not out of this world will suffice given the level of optimization of the group. I also have the following immunities...

Immunity: non-lethal damage, extra damage from critical hits
Immunity: Mind affecting spells and abilities
Immunity: Death effects and necromancy effects
Immunity: Ability damage and ability Drain

I could spend those 2 feats on things that would shore up my weaknesses...

Yorrin
2010-05-21, 10:29 AM
My first thought is Leap Attack. Combine with a 1lvl dip in Barbarian with the Lion Spirit Totem ACF for pounce and your charge damage is going to look quite a bit nicer.

Machiavellian
2010-05-21, 11:40 AM
My first thought is Leap Attack. Combine with a 1lvl dip in Barbarian with the Lion Spirit Totem ACF for pounce and your charge damage is going to look quite a bit nicer.

I also suggest Spiked Body, Mithril Body, and the Tracery feats. This way, your a "Linebacker" and the target is the "Quarterback" and you're aimed to make a lethal sack

Critical
2010-05-21, 11:48 AM
Barbarian dip for Pounce and Whirling Frenzy highly reccomended. :smallwink:

If you decide on the Barbarian dip, definitely pick up Extra Rage, or, if you're going high enough, get the pre-req's for the Frenzied Berserker. :smallbiggrin:

quiet1mi
2010-05-21, 02:55 PM
How about non-dipping advice... I just need feat advice...

jiriku
2010-05-21, 03:08 PM
If your damage-dealing prowess is already sufficient for the group, I'd branch out into other areas of competence. Depending on your skill selection, you might benefit from feats like Track, Urban Tracking, Research, or Investigation. Alternately, if you have a poor save, a save-boosting feat could be a good investment.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-21, 05:23 PM
Mithril Body

Can't, because Adamantine Body is a prerequisite for the class.

Greenish
2010-05-21, 05:30 PM
Combat Expertise + Improved Trip, if you think you can reach another feat for Knock-Down in reasonable amount of time (and have the int for CE).

[Edit]: Combat Reflexes + Stand Still would prevent enemies from getting away.

quiet1mi
2010-05-23, 01:00 PM
After the Party (4 level 4) came across a zombie hill giant (CR 8) with a grapple check 8 higher than the half-orc barbarian's grapple check. This made me realize the inevitability of fighting something stronger and larger... Situations such as these calls for tactics that do not require a strength check (Bull-rushing)...

So with that in mind, what are 2 good feats to make the warforged juggernaut more versatile in combat?

I do not think Tripping will work because it will require a strength check...

I like stand still as one of the feats because it allows the juggernaut to utter the phrase, "Where do you think, you are going. I am your opponent!"

So this means I have only one last feat for a level 9 character with a BAB of +8

Greenish
2010-05-23, 01:17 PM
After the Party (4 level 4) came across a zombie hill giant (CR 8) with a grapple check 8 higher than the half-orc barbarian's grapple check. This made me realize the inevitability of fighting something stronger and larger... Situations such as these calls for tactics that do not require a strength check (Bull-rushing)...

So with that in mind, what are 2 good feats to make the warforged juggernaut more versatile in combat?Leap Attack. Big, strong things are often vulnerable to good ol' hp damage.

Other than that, Combat Reflexes works pretty well in conjunction with Stand Still, if you've got any dexterity.

Devotion feats can also give rather versatile tools, even if it's only a minute a day.

quiet1mi
2010-05-23, 01:21 PM
I find personally like the devotion feat called "leap attack" as it is often taken by those that are devoted to converting enemies into smears on the ground/walls...

What other devotion feat would you have mind?

Greenish
2010-05-23, 01:28 PM
What other devotion feat would you have mind?Animal Devotion can give extra strength, a bite attack, extra run speed or overland flight (the first and the last are rather useful).

Law Devotion gives scaling buff to AC or to hit that you can swap around.

Strength Devotion gets all your weapons treated as adamantine and gives you a rather strong slam attack.

Protection Devotion gives everyone in your party a scaling AC buff.

Healing Devotion gives you scaling fast healing (not a Conjuration [Healing] effect), usable as Immediate action and activating automatically when you drop below 0 hp.

Destruction Devotion allows you to lower enemy's armor or natural armor bonus with each hit.

Travel Devotion allows you to move your speed as a swift action.