PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis-based Psionic Prestige Class

Psiona
2010-05-21, 12:43 PM
Hello all. I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while.

I'd like to make a psionic character (psion or wilder) which focuses on all kinds of telekinesis. The Complete Warrior's Master of the Unseen Hand has left me wanting more.

Has anyone ever brewed a prestige class like that? I'm thinking telekinesis, plenty of force effects, fling people at walls, and the mandatory crushing with a huge boulder. Or better yet, a rain of huge boulders ^_^

Thanks for your help!

ErrantX
2010-05-21, 01:13 PM
DaTedinator did some really great work with ToB and some of what you're looking for, if not all of what you're looking for.

The Discipline, Mental Grip (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138037), is all about force effects and telekinesis, and he has two prestige classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145817) that utilize it as well as one of them advancing manifester progression.

Enjoy.
-X

Machiavellian
2010-05-21, 01:22 PM
Hello all. I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while.

I'd like to make a psionic character (psion or wilder) which focuses on all kinds of telekinesis. The Complete Warrior's Master of the Unseen Hand has left me wanting more.

Has anyone ever brewed a prestige class like that? I'm thinking telekinesis, plenty of force effects, fling people at walls, and the mandatory crushing with a huge boulder. Or better yet, a rain of huge boulders ^_^

Thanks for your help!

I'm more of a fan of Forced Teleporting my foes 200000 feet straight up into the air then watching them fall

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-21, 01:57 PM
I'm more of a fan of Forced Teleporting my foes 200000 feet straight up into the air then watching them fall

I personally like locking them in their own minds for all eternity (Microcosm on a guy with a ring of sustenance is fun).

On a different note you're not allowed moving avatars, sorry.

Darth Stabber
2010-05-21, 03:42 PM
There was a PRC for doing it with arcane magic, Just switch the arcane specific stuff for it's psionic equivilent. Done.

Nero24200
2010-05-21, 05:32 PM
Annoyingly, arcane magic has more potential with regards to telekinessis. If you look over psionics, then arcane magic, you may notice that wizards/sorcerers actually have access to a single spell that replicates the 3 telekinessis powers psions get.

Not to mention more Prestige classes (of which there is one specifically for telekinessis) and non-core support. If possible, I'd talk to your DM and ask about converting the Master of the Unseen Hand to a psionic equivilent or adding homebrew telekinetic powers, they might be your best bet.

Psiona
2010-05-21, 07:14 PM
I find it very annoying that Psionics don't have more focus on telekinesis. Mental powers = telekinesis, no?

I don't know what to think of the balance between mage and psionics. Mages get one versatile level 5 spell, whereas psionics get 2 level 3s and a level 4 power. Also, psionics get to lift more weight compared to mages.

I like the Master of the Unseen Hand, but I'd like him a whole lot more if he didn't make me skip 5 caster levels. The bonuses are great, but skipping on that many levels would hurt too much, even if I decided to play arcane instead.

ErrantX, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure I like the feel of it though. Let's call that plan B ;-)

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-05-21, 08:11 PM
I'd recommend Wilder if you'll be using psionics. You will be able to boost your powers, and the limited power selection won't be too much of a problem because there aren't many spells outside of your theme anyways. For the Kineticist powers you won't have (control object, control body, telekinetic sphere,) you can take Expanded Knowledge.