PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Life IC

Devmaar
2010-05-21, 02:33 PM
You have all made your unsteady way to the main room of the inn, still trying to come to terms with your new bodies and memories you look uncertainly to the other 5 people in the room.

PLAYERS:
Shoruke: Inezach (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208757)
Besring: Gorilaphus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208453)
Dark Apprentice: Arahi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208534)
Iwilsmashyou: Grengar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208508)
Corparate M: Almond (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208234)
Ichneumon: Niobe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208197)

Ichneumon
2010-05-21, 04:11 PM
So, Niobe goes sit at the table, entering last, a young not unattractive elven woman, long brown hair, somewhat long and pointy nose. She is somewhat confused and doesn't know what to say. She looks at the others, one by one, ending with Inezach, smiling somewhat when noticing he's an elf too. "Good morning," she says with a somewhat soft voice.

Corporate M
2010-05-21, 04:16 PM
Almod looks around at all the people... thinking in his head...

Inezach:
Looks like some kind of elf... elves are so petious and foolhardy. But atleast he's shorter then me. Like two friggin inches, but it'll still be fun to poke fun at him about it...

Gorilaphus:
Tall, thin, I hate you. Die.

Arahai:
He looks normal... too normal... I'm onto you, you son of a bitch!

Grengar:
Holy crap! This guy is long cat! I'll keep him around and use him as a latter...

Niobe:
OH LAWDY! A woman minority! Nothing good can come of this...

Almod is already uncomfortable. Glaring at them individually then when they looks his way turns away trying to act non-chalant.

Shoruke
2010-05-21, 05:25 PM
Inezach takes a seat, feeling a little tense. He surveys the others as they come in: 4 other humans and another elf. Nobody seems to be threatening him, so he tries (and utterly fails) to relax. He casts around the room for anything interesting to look at, not wanting to stare and anybody and seem rude.

Devixer
2010-05-21, 07:41 PM
Arahi takes a seat at the table, feeling a little bewildered at what he was just feeling. Kind of like a daydream... he put it out of his mind. It was likely unimportant. Instead, he took a look at the others at the table, wondering why they'd been called here today.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-22, 12:32 AM
Grengar slowly comes into the room constantly rubbing his eyes thinking that this is impossible. He slowly sits down, and when he finally gets to a seat, he says only one thing, "Nobody try anything funny if you want to live" cautiously looking for anybody to make a strike.

Corporate M
2010-05-22, 01:48 AM
nobody try anything funny
(Large image in spoilers)
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/screencap.jpg

Almond develops a cat smile on his face. Chuckling about random things he finds funny. Mostly poorly executed memes. But does so under his breath so it's like;

mumble mumble... over 9000... mumble mumble itty bitty boat...twinkiehouse!

Suddenly he looks away with a stern look and cocked eyebrow. From a sudden chill that somehow all these things sound much more familiar then they should. Infact, half of them are non-esensical jibberish... What the heck is a twinkie? And why would there be over 9000 of them?

Devixer
2010-05-22, 01:57 AM
Arahi grew a severe lack of interest in most of the people at the table. He had no idea why, but he didn't really like the vibe he got from at least two of them. Casting a backwards glance at the female elf, he noticed her presence was a far warmer one, as the only person who'd actually given a greeting. Arahi smiled a bit, saying, "Good morning to you."

besring
2010-05-22, 02:48 AM
Gorilaphus looks at the others, takes a seat furtherest away from the others, he wonders what they are going to do.
Morning everyone
Then he falls silent, as his eagle lands on his shoulder, and starts to mumble to him self in Druidic, about where his equipment is

Devmaar
2010-05-22, 12:31 PM
As you sit around the table in uncomfortable silence the barman calls out,
Ah, here is our final guest. You all look towards the front door of the inn as a tall man with dark hair and a rough beard enters the room. He looks at you and grunts before speaking to the barman,
Is this it? The barman nods and the man walks up to your table shaking his head.
Right, he says to you, You've all got your own reasons to be here and I couldn't care less what they are, what you think of me or even less what you think of each other. Right now I can guarantee that it's in all of your best interests to listen to me. He waves to the barman who brings over a tray of refreshments.
There's trouble brewing in this area and the situation could get very bad if certain... artefacts aren't recovered in the near future. I have highly trained teams looking for some of these and when we are finished here I will go to collect one myself. However, one of them, the least of them, still needs to be found. And you are the best people, well the only people, I could find for the job. Obviously you will be suitably reimbursed for your efforts should you succeed. Can I count on you?

Ichneumon
2010-05-22, 01:03 PM
Niobe is surprised, seeing this man and hearing what his words. His manners might be a bit "rough", but if he's right, she must help him. Isn't that why she came here? To be a helping hand to strangers, saving people in need... maybe even saving the world? Being a force of good?

Is he speaking the truth though? (Sense Motive, see below) She's a bit uncertain. People lie often enough.

She smiles friendly, but waits a few seconds before answering.

(Sense motive: [roll0])

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-22, 01:13 PM
Grengar shrugs and says, "Why not, i've got nothing better to do." and waits for a response.

Devmaar
2010-05-22, 01:14 PM
Is he speaking the truth though?

You see no reason to mistrust him

Ichneumon
2010-05-22, 01:20 PM
Niobe smiles, waving her hand in a manner to indicate that she wants the man to sit at their table: "Please, good man, sit down and tell us more. I can assure you, you can count on me. I take this task and it will have my full attention. Please, tell us more."

Shoruke
2010-05-22, 02:59 PM
"I'd like more information before I commit to anything... but you can assume I'll help." Inezach sits back and pricks his pointy ears up, so as not to miss anything.

Corporate M
2010-05-22, 03:14 PM
Almond clasps his hands in a prayer like grasp and grins.

I mean... he's always grinning, or sneering, but this one actually looks sinceare... lol!

He then quickly tries to regain his composure and put on this extirior of being reluctant and uninterested. He slouches back and waves his hand around.

Ohhh, what sortof bad things could possibly happen cause a few trinkets got away? Not to say I'm not interested... I'll gladly take your money to go find your baba!

Bluff Check to conceal the fact he just wants to see how dangerous these artificats are. (If you feel this would be an appropiate time to trigger non-liguistic, go ahead)
[roll0]

Devixer
2010-05-22, 03:26 PM
Arahi leans forward a bit, slightly interested. He's a bt suspicious of this man, but decides that he's trustworthy. Placing his elbows on the table and linking his hands in front of his face, he says, "And should we fail?

besring
2010-05-22, 03:51 PM
Gorilaphus, stays in his current possition and only says "Explain further"

Devmaar
2010-05-22, 05:18 PM
The man responds:
Should you fail the consequences would be... unpredictable. It would depend how far you had got, and on the reason for your failure.
He takes a seat,
I expect that you have between you sufficient power to retrieve this item. I am not saying it will be easy but I would not waste my time if I did not think you could do it. The item itself though is very powerful, and here he looks toward Almond, and is not at all simple, or safe, to use. He looks around the table again, The nature of this task is simple. There is a golden chest deep below an ancient burial mound. Inside that chest is the artefact we need. My people have been unable to ascertain exactly what protections may be in place or even the precise location of the mound but I can direct you to its general location. What say you?

Devixer
2010-05-22, 05:59 PM
Arahi closed his eyes. This man seemed to have more to him than he let on, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He opened his eyes and said, "I'm in."

Corporate M
2010-05-22, 07:59 PM
Dissapointed with the lack of explanation to it's destructive power, but willingly goes along anyway. Maybe more will become clear, and he has nothing to lose by cooperating.

For now... >: 3

Almond considers what was said about the chest.

Knowledge Arcana?
[roll0]

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-22, 10:23 PM
Grengar says, "And how do we use it, just of course so nothing happens by mistake?

Shoruke
2010-05-22, 11:07 PM
"Can you tell us anything about the person who is buried there? That might provide insight as to the grave's defenses."

Graverobbing, eh? Could be worse, I suppose...

Ichneumon
2010-05-23, 01:44 AM
"So... you want us to find an ancient tomb, brake into it, and disinter some artefact?"

Niobe looks a bit troubled at the idea of desecrating somebody's grave....

"How old is the grave, who's grave is it and why do you need the artefact?"

Devmaar
2010-05-23, 07:37 AM
Looking to Grengar: I can promise you that it cannot be activated by accident.

To everyone: The grave is older even than the forest that surrounds it. It belongs to a man who followed Hextor before he ascended to deityhood. Although its former usage was wholly evil we believe its power can be put to a good use.

To Niobe: I understand you desire information and I respect that you do not act rashly. However, I am reluctant to reveal details to any who have not already proven their loyalty to our organisation. Suffice it to say that ancient and powerful forces are rising and this artefact could be key to fighting them. I cannot stay long but if there is some way I can secure your trust and your aid before I leave I will certainly do so.

Ichneumon
2010-05-23, 09:24 AM
Niobe smiles, "There is a way I can be sure, without any doubt. Please, sit still."

Niobe closes her eyes, breaths in, starts praying.

She uses detect evil, for 6 seconds, trying to discover if any evil aura's are here.

Devmaar
2010-05-23, 09:53 AM
You can sense the presence of evil

Ichneumon
2010-05-23, 10:02 AM
Niobe's greatest fear becomes true. She opens her eyes and watches the man with the bears. She can't believe she's now face to face with somebody evil.

She hesitates... What is she to do? She's in no position to fight him and even if she does, would the other people at the table help her... or help him?

She could refuse to help him, she reasons, and he'd go to somebody else. Doing so, she wouldn't learn about his evil plans and she wouldn't be able to stop them from getting the artefact. The best thing to do, is to find the artefact and make sure a paladin, herself, gets to guard the artefact.

"I... I eh... I have only one real choice. I will find that artefact, and make sure it doesn't fall in the wrong hands."

She smiles, although a little less confident.

Shoruke
2010-05-23, 12:00 PM
Trying to notice Niobe's sudden discomfort...

Spot: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

Corporate M
2010-05-23, 12:39 PM
(I'd make a spot check, but she's right friggin there... lol! Less I have ADD or something I doub't I wouldn't notice, but I'm going to make a spellcraft check to discern if I know what she did. From there I can determine how well her detect evil worked. Cause for all she knows there's more then one evildoer in this room. And probably ones alot more comptent and dedicated then I am...)

[roll0]

Devmaar
2010-05-23, 01:52 PM
(I'd make a spot check, but she's right friggin there... lol! Less I have ADD or something I doub't I wouldn't notice, but I'm going to make a spellcraft check to discern if I know what she did. From there I can determine how well her detect evil worked. Cause for all she knows there's more then one evildoer in this room. And probably ones alot more comptent and dedicated then I am...)

[roll0]

You know what she did but you're unsure of the result.

Devixer
2010-05-23, 05:09 PM
In an attempt to notice Niobe's change in demeanor:

Spot: [roll0]

Sense Motive: [roll1]

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-23, 09:29 PM
Grengar says, "And how do we know that you aren't the one trying to use it for evil and stab us in the back in the end."
Grengar seems to be more confident while asking that question than a normal person would.
(btw can i be told how to use the dice roller saying that i am new to playing online and have not used then on this forum before) :xykon:

Corporate M
2010-05-23, 11:50 PM
(Wow, this is the most relucant, inquistive bunch of adventurers ever... lol!)

Almond puts his legs up on the table and relaxes.

The others might not trust you, but I do. You have my word that I'll find that artifact! Even if I don't have these guy's support, I'll retreive the artifact alone if I have too.

You'll give us the share of those that don't comeback alive right?

Ichneumon
2010-05-24, 12:14 AM
Niobe turns her head and she looks disbelieving in Almond's direction. Did he really just ask for their share if they'd die during adventure?

Corporate M
2010-05-24, 02:39 AM
Almond tries to crack a joke to ease the paladin's tension.

Dead people are so lazy. They just lay there...

He makes postures with his arms stretched out and tongue hanging out.

besring
2010-05-24, 02:46 AM
After watching the sequence of events, Gorilaphus simply tells the man "I'm in as I have nothing better to do, and I have no idea, well partly, on why I am here and about my past."
He then continues his muttering with the eagle.

Devmaar
2010-05-24, 12:41 PM
Okay, you all noticed when Niobe became agitated.

Looking to Almond: The reward will be yours to divide amongst whoever claims it. To Grengar, Trust me, I would not need any artefact to kill the six of you. You will have to trust in my intentions. To everyone: I have little time remaining. What is your decesion?

Devixer
2010-05-24, 01:12 PM
Arahi decides that he will talk to the elf later, and try to find out why she became so uncomfortable. It likely had to do with the bartender, and when an apparent paladin is uncomfortable with smoeone, that is never good. He considered for a good while, then said, "I'm in."

Shoruke
2010-05-24, 02:24 PM
"I'll go... and we're wasting time. Where is this burial place? Is it within a city's borders, out in the middle of nowhere, which direction and how far is it...?

And also, are you sure you haven't any idea what kind of obstacles there will be between us and this chest? Humanoid guards, monsters of some type, magical traps?"

Ichneumon
2010-05-24, 02:37 PM
Niobe says, with a very sincere tone: "I'll do it."

Corporate M
2010-05-24, 03:07 PM
Almond just does the cheesy devil horns metal symbol to signify he's in on this adventure.

He then groans having to get up from his chair and dusts himself off.

If you don't mind me, I have to go back to my room and get my... "adventuring supplies..." You can all chitty chat like old women about the details...

Almod sneers as he goes back to his room to get his "supplies" and then rushes rightback.

Ichneumon
2010-05-24, 03:28 PM
Niobe stands up too and turns to the bartender, "Bartender, excuse me... have you... have you in any case seen my... donkey? I can't really remember where I left him..."

Devmaar
2010-05-24, 03:31 PM
The bartender responds: Yes, he's just in the stable. I'll bring him round front when you leave.

Ichneumon
2010-05-24, 03:33 PM
"Great, thank you very much!" Niobe smiles. "That's very kind of you."

She returns to the table, with a bit more optimism.

Shoruke
2010-05-24, 04:23 PM
I head off to my room and put on my backpack, sling my bow and arrows around my back, ensure my spell components are all in the right pockets, and head back to the room with the table and the people and the refreshments.

What kind of refreshments are there, anyway?

Devmaar
2010-05-24, 04:32 PM
Jugs of water, fruits, bread, simple stuff like that.

I kind of assumed that people were just picking at it for breakfast while the conversation happened.

Corporate M
2010-05-24, 05:38 PM
Jugs of water, fruits, bread, simple stuff like that.

I kind of assumed that people were just picking at it for breakfast while the conversation happened.
OOC stuff:
I figured I would've. I love bread of all kinds, and drink alot of liquids... lol!

I assume it's a small inn and it doesn't take but a minute or two too get my poisons and comeback?

Shoruke
2010-05-24, 06:05 PM
"So, ah... sir, do you have a map or directions for us?"

There's an OOC thread for this game: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153277

Corporate M
2010-05-24, 09:49 PM
Btw, sense noone's around to see Almond go to his room. He may as well steal some mundane items in there. Something not big enough to notice me carrying outside. Like soap, possibly a half melted candle, something with clear substance which could be used to brew poisons later. Especially candles as I could use the wax as a gelatine so my poisons don't splatter everywhere if they accidently leave his sight.

He also mutters something about paladins.

For anyone who cares to listen:
God damnit a paladin! I wasn't expecting one to be crawling around in some seedy tavern... But I guess it makes sense... most paladins worship Henerous, this is an item related to Hextor. That probably means other paladins are going to comedown that way too. Probably bad paladins of Hextor or something. Or blackguards... or whatever the hell they want to call themselves these days... *makes deep gasps and talks like Darth Vader*

Those angsty tards are almost as bad as the good paladins... It's gonna' be a friggin paladin bonanaza! I hope this soap isn't made out of soy... That could cause a very bad reaction to the chemicals I plan to mix it with... *sniffs it*

I hate my life... What was I thinking taking up wizardy?! I should've tried being one of those druids and talk to all my cows back home to run a stampede through town... And poop everywhere... *chuckles* Ahhh, but there's no going back now. All I can hope for is that this item holds the key to my success... I may not be one of those fancy timelord wizards... but I work just as hard...

He's confident most people can't hear him cause mostly he mumbles and grumbles. As he comes back, he acts like nothing happened. He just stands there, waiting for his slow comrades... He just wanders around the room aimlessly.

Shoruke
2010-05-24, 10:33 PM
Listen check to perceive paladin paranoia: [roll0]

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-24, 10:38 PM
Grengar while pacing around the room says, "Can we leave soon, time is of the essence and we cant afford to waste it."

besring
2010-05-25, 03:29 AM
Gorilaphus heads up stairs. He bumps into Almond on the way (listen check to try and here what he's mumbling). He then goes into his room, picks up his bag and staff. He then puts his spell component pouch onto his belt. Before heading downstairs he tells his eagle to "Keep an eye on Almond for me."

He goes back down stairs and sits back down. Orders a loaf of bread and when it arrives just sits there and looks at it.

Listen check: [d20]+0= 19

Corporate M
2010-05-25, 02:11 PM
Spot check to know Gori's eagle is spying on me. (I'd know it was his as it's not like we see eagles all around this area... unless we do... lol!)
[roll0]

Devmaar
2010-05-25, 02:13 PM
Grengar overhears enough to get the gist of Almond's mumblings.

Almond is able to get a small piece of soap and 2 candles from his room.

The man responds to Inezach: Yes. I will accompany you a short way west. We will seperate at a crossroads, from there you must head South along the road until you see a hill with a watchtower atop it to your left. From that tower you should be able to see two forests, the more westwards of those is your destination. Somewhere in that forest is the mound.

Looking to Grengar We will leave as soon as your companions are ready

besring
2010-05-25, 02:39 PM
Gorilaphus, on over hearing Almond, decides he should tell the Paladin that he is getting agitated that he's around a paladin for some reason; he does so.

He then asks the man "Who does this grave belong to that we are going to be robbing, or let me guess you don't know? If you are wondering why I'm asking, I want to know, just in case, somehow, I know something about the guys from whilst he/she was alive."

Devixer
2010-05-25, 02:56 PM
Arahi remains silent, already having all his equipment with him.

Ichneumon
2010-05-25, 03:03 PM
"I'll go upstairs, take my stuff and see you outside?"

Niobe stands up, goes upstairs, packs her things, goes outside, get's a re-union with Frank and waits for the others.

Shoruke
2010-05-25, 03:57 PM
"I'm ready to go anytime, as well. I'll go wait outside for everyone to catch up."

Outside, he catches up to Niobe while she's saddling up her animal. "Hi. Sorry if this is a bit abrupt, but we are going to be adventuring together, so... is something bothering you? It's just, you suddenly seemed nervous about something in there, and I'm wondering if there's something to be worried about...?"

Devixer
2010-05-25, 04:13 PM
Arahi, seeing this as the best time to have that conversation with the elf, steps out as well. "I had the same question. To be more specific, is someone bothering you?"

Ichneumon
2010-05-25, 04:15 PM
Niobe looks at Inezach, then making sure no one else can hear her, whispers: "Yes, there is, brother elf. I don't think he, the man with the beard, can be trusted.... I sense a great evil in his presence.... We should be very careful. I don't think it would be wise to let him near the artefact, if we find it."

Niobe blushes, and smiling she adds: "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet, I am Niobe, paladin of Heironeuous."

Devixer
2010-05-25, 04:38 PM
Arahi is a little irritated by his presence being completely ignored, but decides to brush it aside. These two elves were probably going to talk to each other more than anyone else anyway. He leans against one of the tavern's walls, figuring he won't be needing to introduce himself anytime soon.

Corporate M
2010-05-25, 05:02 PM
Almond comes out and Sees the mule Niobe's riding. And sees her conversing with the other elf. And thinks to himself "Typical..."

He doesn't really say much, and just kind of stays in the middle. Making sure to not fall behind, and not be ahead. He looks around at the others, but doesn't say much. He just has his head down and has a big doofy grin thinking about all the possibilities when they get there.

This will obviously be no easy task, or else he wouldn't have sent a bunch of ragtag miscrants to go get it. That man knew what he was doing and sent people expendable... Almond speculates on what could happen, and delights in the unfortold death and panic that awaits as alot of these greenhorns...

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-25, 06:32 PM
seeing that everyone is going on in their conversation outside Grengar says, "So... How are we expected to make any decisions without a leader. I'd happily take that role for you."
(again how do i roll dice in this forum)

Devixer
2010-05-25, 07:04 PM
Need to know how to use the roller? There's a thread for that. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100917)

Shoruke
2010-05-25, 09:35 PM
Inezach offers a handshake to Niobe. "I'm Inezach, nice to meet you.

I'll agree with you about that man's trustworthiness, he seemed to care more about his artifact than, well, people in general." Inezach pauses for a moment, trying to balance between joining the group's conversation at large and the possible discourtesy of abruptly changing the subject away from something Niobe seems interested in talking about. Ah, perhaps we can continue this conversation in a moment, people seem to be discussing leadership over here and I think I might be eligible, so I'm gonna... yeah."

Inezach turns to Grengar. "If we're going to appoint a group leader, I'll present myself for the position. I'll admit that I'm not the most, ah, heroic-looking or influential or anything, but I've got a good grasp of tactics... so, I guess I'd make a good leader if you're all willing to listen to me."

Corporate M
2010-05-25, 09:50 PM
Almod puts his hand over his mouth and whispers to Arahi

[color=orange]A few minutes in, and already the elves are giving us orders... You know in Ehlonna creed, elves are not permitted to look on other races as their equals... Anything non-elf must either be seen as a slave, or atleast let it be visibly noticable they're supirior...

Almond is ofcourse lying. There's nothing in Correlon's religion about that. Infact, Almond got his facts wrong about the entire deity completey. It is Correlon Larethian who is the deity of elves, not Ehlonna who is just depicted as an elf... Almond is just a prick and figures he doesn't want to get bossed around, so he'll create tension.

Bluff check:
[roll0]

Shoruke
2010-05-25, 10:41 PM
How far away are Almod and Arahi? Anyways listen check to overhear. Go go gadget ludicrous ears.

[roll0]

Devixer
2010-05-25, 10:58 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Arahi, knowing little about elven religion, has no choice but to believe this man. However, he doesn't really care, and this is visibly shown by him rolling his eyes. "And? I don't really give a damn about how other races feel about me. I like the wilderness and solitude more anyway. In fact, if it were my choice, none of you would be accompanying me. I work best alone," he mutters, but loud enough to be heard, as he wants to indicate that he doesn't really care who leads the group. He then turns to the man again. "You should listen to me. I have no idea what you're trying to pull, but I don't like it. You might want to stop before I become a little irritated.

Devixer
2010-05-25, 11:05 PM
Apologies for the double post.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Gah... crap roll is crap.

Corporate M
2010-05-25, 11:38 PM
Almond just makes a face
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/182/d/6/LOL_SPONGEBOB_by_KylaTheWolf.png

And goes over to whisper to Grengar.

Can you believe the way these people treat us? I've never seen such rudeness! That guy over there trying to threaten me when he whipes his ass with his hands! Albeit getting stinky hands all over me doesn't sound fun... so maybe I will heed his words...

But screw him, you're cooler anyway.

besring
2010-05-26, 03:32 AM
Gorilaphus goes over to Niobe, whispers to her "Almond, seems a little worried about a Paladin being here for some reason. I overheard him muttering about it on the way to my room to collect my things." After doing this not waiting for a reply, he walks away stands against the wall and watches the dispute for leadership evolve. He then re-asks his questions "Who does this grave belong to that we are going to be robbing, or let me guess you don't know? If you are wondering why I'm asking, I want to know, just in case, somehow, I know something about the guys from whilst he/she was alive."

Devmaar
2010-05-26, 09:38 AM
The man says to Grengar: As I said before, it is the tomb of a man who followed Hextor before his rise to deityhood. He then calls to the group If you are ready to leave we will go now. He takes a few paces along the road to the West before looking back to check you are following him.

Ichneumon
2010-05-26, 09:53 AM
"I have of course no problem violating the tomb of someone who followed the evil god Hextor. Let's go."

Niobe says, with maybe a bit too much sarcasm in her voice, as if she didn't fully believe him. She follows him with Frank on a leash, carrying her possessions.

Shoruke
2010-05-26, 12:21 PM
Inecach shrugs and begins walking. He speeds up his pace until he draws level with Niobe and Frank, because the alternative is walking directly behind a pack animal.

besring
2010-05-26, 01:16 PM
Gorilaphus follows the group, keeping towards the back.

Devmaar, my character is called Gorilaphus not Grengar, if you want to shorten it call him Gorila

Shoruke
2010-05-26, 02:26 PM
Grengar is being played by IWilSmashYou.

In other news, we have an Out-Of-Character thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153277&page=1) for things that are not in character.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-26, 11:31 PM
Grengar whispers back to Almond
This group is not looking too well. We have a Paladin, and some elves that think that they could be superior to me. So far you are the only person I have respect for, and you want to make sure you keep that respect. If we have any problem with the group, are you gona to back them up or are you gona stay with me.
Perception Check to hear the elves and the Palidans
3d6+5

Devixer
2010-05-26, 11:34 PM
Arahi steps relatively far behind and to the right of Niobe, carrying his shortspear in his right hand, and adjusting his pack so that it is comfortable for this assumingly long trek.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-26, 11:34 PM
[roll0] Im retrying my perception check because it didnt work.
i got a 13 which +6 is 19 (so i think i hear everybody)
Grengar gives a shocked face and says,"I dont care who this man is, but if he TRIES to betray me he WILL die." quietly to everybody around him. Then raising his voice he says to everyone around him "If anybody would be leader here I say it should be either Almond or me"
After that he gets the rest of his stuff comfortably on him and motions that he is ready to go.

Devixer
2010-05-26, 11:41 PM
"We'll have time to bicker over a leader later," Arahi says, shifting his gait slightly. "It really doesn't matter right now."

Shoruke
2010-05-27, 06:14 AM
"I'd tend to agree with Arahi on that point. We can discuss it at appropriate length after we start walking, perhaps. Or, if need be, when we set up camp. How far is it to this burial mound again?"

besring
2010-05-27, 06:15 AM
Gorilaphus, shifts his quater staff from his right hand to his left, checks his puches and adjusts his bag. Then asks "Can we go yet?"

Devmaar
2010-05-27, 02:36 PM
Nodding, the man leads the way West, You should reach the watchtower by nightfall. he says in response to Inezach's question.

The journey passes uneventfully as you march westwards. Around noon you reach a crossroads.
You must head South from here until you see the watchtower to your left. And remember it is the westernmost forest you must head to. I would wish you luck but superstitions have no place here. The man leaves northwards without waiting for a response.

Corporate M
2010-05-27, 04:24 PM
Almond a bit shocked at the proposition of ever being considered leader. He thinks to himself no way. He wouldn't want the responsibility of a bunch of bozos. But he does give his word to Grengar that "friends come first", and they're friends now.

Almond says to everyone well this seems simple enough!

He doesn't know the full capabilties of "the help" yet... But he does know that everything's safer in a group. That's how those damn time lords stay alive. (I figured it was easier to call the prestige wizards "time lords")

Almond just walks along. Not much more to say at this point.

Shoruke
2010-05-27, 05:08 PM
"Well, if we're going to discuss leadership," Inezach begins, "perhaps we should have a vote? Everyone interested lists their qualifications and motivations, and whoever is most popular calls the shots. I'll admit we aren't guaranteed to pick the most benevolent leader this way, but we're likely to pick one of our most competent at least."

Iwilsmashyou
2010-05-27, 11:27 PM
Grengar hearing that they are going to have a vote says, "Well I am a good choice for a leader because I have lived basically lived my whole life in the wild and knows all there is to taking on enemies physically stronger than myself. With me as leader I promise you that you wont die, but if you try to betray me i WILL have no mercy. With that said my allies are my top priority. I have acute hearing and can see a foe from a mile away. I hope you make the right decision on the leader, but know the leader should never have the sole authority only the deciding vote on a crucial moment." As he rides his horse to the destination with the rest of the group.

besring
2010-05-28, 04:45 AM
Gorilaphus, knowing he doesn't want to become the leader as he can't take responsibility says "I'll just vote for the person who I see best fit for the job, after everyone has said their part. As for my self, I don't want to be the leader."

Ichneumon
2010-05-31, 12:49 PM
Niobe isn't really interested in who becomes leader, "Can we stop about this discussion? We're all free souls. If our will to do this quest is not enough to binds us, commit us, and makes us act as 1 instead of many, it might be better to stop now before this adventure has even started. That's at least how I feel about it."

Devmaar
2010-05-31, 01:06 PM
As Niobe talks Arahi and Grengar suddenly turn to the left and grab their weapons.

Arahi shouts a warning to the group as four orcs who had been hidden in the undergrowth by the road stand with weapons drawn.

Two of the orcs are wearing heavy armour, one of them wielding a long curved sword and the other holding a longspear. Behind them the other two orcs are in leather armour and wielding longbows.

The orc with the sword speaks.
We don't need any trouble. If you'll consent to pay a small 'free-travelling' fee you can continue on your way.

besring
2010-05-31, 02:56 PM
Gorilaphus, keeping on his guard asks "What is this fee you speak of?"

Shoruke
2010-05-31, 04:09 PM
Inezach slowly pulls his bow off his back, not wanting to provoke an early attack, but not wanting to get caught off guard, either.

Ichneumon
2010-05-31, 04:19 PM
Niobe steps forward. "Can you in any way claim authority or ownership of these lands? If you can't rightfully claim a fee, you will get none of us!"

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-01, 06:42 PM
Grengar says, "Just one moment ill get the money you asked for its in my horses pouch." and gets off his horse with a smirk on his face.
Just when he is in line of sight of the orcs he shoots two arrows at the nearest archer to him (surprise round)

[roll1]
each +5
11 then 22
While his wolf at the same time lunges at the orcs at his command of, "KILL THEM!"
[roll]1d20
Damage and Trip
1d8
1d20
After doing this Grengar says, "Now if you don't want to die I suggest you pay us a toll."

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-01, 06:51 PM
Wolf Attack
[roll0]+1=17
Damage and Trip
[roll1]+1=2
[roll2]+1=21
sorry for the multiple posts i deleted damage one but damage for my character was 7 and 10 in that order

Corporate M
2010-06-02, 01:09 AM
Niobe steps forward. "Can you in any way claim authority or ownership of these lands? If you can't rightfully claim a fee, you will get none of us!"
Almond just looks at Niobe and shakes his head.

Their authority is there's six of them, and their armed... Leave it to you to make things diffuclt...

Almond notices people start attacking and crap and decides to just stay a bit aside from the battle. He thinks to himself.

There was no need for bloodshed... not this time... a couple of orcs just standing in our way? Either they were sent here, or they're just some poor dumb orcs, trying to make a buck. Watching my team brutalize these pathetic, stupid, creatures is hard to bare...

Grengar is a total n00b... He has no idea how valuable these orcs could've been with their savagary. Thier easily sastisfied matirial and primal urges in exchange for compliance... It's hard to find such reliable mortals... It's a damn shame really. But far be it for me to intervene. I'm not going to stick my neckout for a bunch of knuckledragging subhumans!

But it sure says something about the rough life of a city where a band of orcs has to try and intimidate young adventurers for their cash. But their presence is most perplexing...

Is it perplexing enough for me to get involved in this fight? Hardly. Maybe the paladin will go and do something stupid, and leap into a suicidal situation. Then I won't have to worry about her presence in the future...

Almond just stands back. Trying to avoid the fray. He refuses to attack the orcs or try to reason before the situation esculates.

besring
2010-06-02, 03:35 AM
Gorilaphus, can't believe whats happened, especially after trying to negotiate peacefully with the orks. He just stands there with an open mouth muttering "But.. but..."

Devmaar
2010-06-02, 09:53 AM
Grengar's first arrow flies wide of its target but the second shoots between two plates of armour and sticks into the Orc with a spear's chest. The wolf meanwhile bites the Orc with sword's leg and brings him crashing to the ground with a grunt.

Roll initiative when you post your characters actions.

Once everyone's posted I'll post the round of combat.

Battlefield
My attempt at a map:
.O
...............R.......W
...O........H
.....................G
...Ow.........P.S
.............A..D
.O

O- Orc
w- Wolf
H- Horse
D- Donkey
R- Grengar
G- Gorilaphus
P- Niobe
S- Inezach
A- Arahi
W- Almond
The blue orc is prone, the red orc is injured

Ichneumon
2010-06-02, 11:54 AM
"What?!" Niobe reacts shocked by the sudden attack. "Stop! Don't fight!"

[roll0]

Shoruke
2010-06-02, 12:44 PM
"I hate to say it, Niobe, but at this point I think combat is inevitable. I'm not willing to find out the hard way."

Inezach moves 10 feet to the south, nocks an arrow, casts Critical Strike as a swift action (just in case I go before the orc), and shoots the southmost bow-orc.

Initiative: [roll0]
Bow Attack: [roll1]
Bow Damage: [roll2]

Shoruke
2010-06-02, 12:46 PM
Since I find it statistically unlikely that that orc is going to beat 22 initiative, here's my extra damage from Critical Strike...

[roll0]

Ichneumon
2010-06-02, 12:50 PM
"I'm afraid you're right."

Corporate M
2010-06-02, 05:06 PM
Rolls:
Innit:
[roll0]

Almond just tries to move out of the battle.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-02, 06:56 PM
Grengar says, "You should have never tried to act against me. Now you die!"
Init
[roll0]+3=17

besring
2010-06-03, 03:30 AM
"Oh well..." Gorilaphus says, "I guess this was inevitable." He prepares himself for a fight.

Initiative: [roll0]

Devmaar
2010-06-04, 10:24 AM
Sorry if I wasn't clear before but I need your actions for the round as well as your initiative rolls.

Ichneumon
2010-06-04, 10:27 AM
Niobe spends her round taking her sword of Frank's back and, (if I can still do that in that round), run towards an Orc (the Orc in red on the map).

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-04, 11:24 PM
Nesteruk shoots 2 more arrows rapidly at the same orc
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
and then his wolf continues to attack the same orc as last round (or the closest one if that orc has not gotten up yet)
Wolves Init [roll4]
[roll5] damage [roll6] trip [roll7]
Wolves previous damage from surprise round was 2
Add 1 to all my attack rolls (I was missing a feat)

besring
2010-06-05, 02:15 AM
Gorilaphus casts Magic Missile on the red ork.

Damage: [roll0]
I don't think I need to take a concentration check as I haven't been attacked etc. But here it is just in case.
Concentration: [roll1]

Corporate M
2010-06-05, 11:30 AM
Corporate M refuses to fight the orcs. (He doesn't announce it or anything, he just kind of stands there and wanders off if he feels the presence of poison)

Just cause I refuse to fight, doesn't mean I'm useless. I cast detect poison.

Corporate M
2010-06-05, 11:33 AM
My wisdom and craft alchemy checks to determine exact poisons... If wisdom fails, I'm allowed to try again with craft alchemy or vice versa.

Wisdom: [roll0]
Craft Alchemy: [roll1]

I apparently cannot post rolls once I've posted and go to edit the post. This forum is all kinds of ****ed up...

Devmaar
2010-06-07, 01:06 PM
(Sorry about the wait, forgot Dark Apprentice was away.)

Inezach quickly moves and shoots at the southernmost archer. The arrow strikes through the leather armour into the orc's gut and it doubles over in pain.

Grengar lets off two more arrows at the already wounded spear-wielding orc but both arrows deflect off its armour.

The sword-bearing orc climbs to its feet and swings his weapon at the wolf but the wolf dodges aside before leaping up and biting the orc in the throat. The orc falls to the ground.

The orc with a spear waves his hand and mutters and a glowing spear appears and stabs at Grengar, gashing his leg for 3 damage.

Arahi runs at the injured archer and thrusts his spear into its chest sending it to the ground.

The remaining bow-orc moves forward, mutters something under his breath and places a hand on the spear-orc's back. A look of pain seems to fade from the spear-orc's eyes.

Niobe grabs her sword and runs towards the spear-orc.

Almond waves his hands and mutters under his breath.
(Target or Area: One creature, one object, or a 5-ft. cube what did you target?)

Gorilaphus shouts something unintelligible and thrusts his hand forward. A bolt of energy flies toward the spear-orc and strikes it in the side. causing it to stumble and grunt in pain.

besring
2010-06-07, 01:45 PM
Gorilaphus, decides to target the orc with the bow that appeared to heal the one with the spear. He casts another magic missile, this time at the orc with bow. (I know I'm last just getting it posted)

Damage: [roll0]
Concentration: [roll1]

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-07, 01:57 PM
Grengar notices the Orc that is on the ground and shoots two arrows at him (he is prone so he is flatfooted)
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
While his wolf continues to bite at the that Orc
[roll4][roll5][roll6]
Edit: taking out my signature

Ichneumon
2010-06-07, 03:09 PM
"Orcs! If you surrender, you'll live and I promise you we will do you no further harm!"

Having said though, she slashes towards the orc. Attack:[roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Finally, she felt, she was doing something good. Something meaningful!

Shoruke
2010-06-08, 12:28 AM
Inezach nocks another arrow, and snipes out the spear-orc that Niobe is facing.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Corporate M
2010-06-09, 06:37 PM
Where I target:
I target 5ft square. As far as I can reach (35ft) beyond the battle and around the general area. Hopefully detecting a poisenous plant or something.

Devmaar
2010-06-10, 05:06 AM
Inezach fires an arrow which sticks into he spear-orcs arm

Grengar lets fly two arrows at the prone sword-orc, the first hits him in the arm, the second finds a chink in his armour and hits him in the chest

The sword- orc stumbles to his feet and swings his sword at the wolf, this time gashing it in the leg for two damage

The wolf snarls and leaps again at the sword-orc, tearing his flesh and bringing him crashing to the ground. He doesn't look like he'll get back up again.

The spear-orc takes a step back and stabs at Niobe cutting open her arm for two damage. The glowing spear stabs again at Grengar but he is able to avoid it.

Arahi runs toward the spear orc and stabs at it with his own spear, thrusting it into the orcs shoulder for four damage.

The bow-orc drops his bow and throws a punch at Niobe, connecting with her for three subdual damage.

Niobe steps forward and slashes at the spear-orc but her attack deflects off its armour.
Arahi and Niobe are now flanking the orc

Almond You don't detect any poison

Gorilaphus lets out another burst of energy, this time striking the now-unarmed orc in the head, causing it to stumble.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-10, 09:32 PM
Seeing the orc stumble to the ground, Grengar attacks the same orc as hit by the magic missile
[/roll]1d20+5[/roll]
1d20+5[/roll][roll1]
While his wolf charges at the nearest possible orc
[roll2][roll3] trip - [roll4]

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-10, 09:34 PM
Rolls to hit because i put in code wrong
[roll0]
[roll1]

besring
2010-06-11, 05:08 AM
Gorilaphus steps forward until, he is within 25ft of the Ork with the spear and casts flare on it

Concentration if required: [roll0]

Shoruke
2010-06-11, 03:25 PM
Inezach takes another shot at the spear-orc, moving to the side if necessary to get a clear shot. "Good target practice," He mutters. "Annoying circumstances, though."

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Ichneumon
2010-06-13, 03:37 PM
Niobe shouts out of pain: "Aahh!"

"How dare you, orc! I am a force of good! How dare you attack me!"

She stries to strike again: attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

Devmaar
2010-06-15, 06:14 AM
Inezach shoots but fires wide of the target.

Grengar quickly fires two arrows at the unarmed orc which stick into its chest.

The wolf charges the unarmed orc and bites it in the leg, it falls and its eyes roll up in its head.

The spear orc waves its hand and mumbles and a dark cloud spread from his form, engulfing Arahi and Niobe but leaving the others watching. Arahi and Niobe hear the orc start to move away from the combat and swing their weapons at him. Niobe feels her sword make contact. As the orc moves away the darkness moves with it, meaning Niobe and Arahi are now back in the light.

At this point I'm going to allow Niobe and Gorilaphus to change their actions since the situation has changed.

besring
2010-06-17, 09:57 AM
Gorilaphus backs away slowly from the dark cloud. Simply muttering "Intresting."

Devmaar
2010-06-21, 02:10 PM
The orc moves off into the distance.
EXP:
317 for Grengar, 350 each for the others.

You stand, tired from the fight, with 3 bloodied corpses before you. The wolf starts to chew on the head of one of the archers.

besring
2010-06-21, 02:39 PM
Gorilaphus mutters to himself, "lets see what we can find" and starts searching the two orcs that the wolf isn't eating.

Search check 1: [roll0]
Search check 2: [roll1]

Devmaar
2010-06-21, 02:44 PM
Other than the weapons the only item of any real value you find is a pouch at the sword-orc's belt containing 30Gp and 12Sp.

Shoruke
2010-06-21, 10:11 PM
Inezach keeps his bow ready, in case of a two-stage ambush. It's something he himself would do.

"Is anyone hurt?"

besring
2010-06-22, 01:38 AM
Gorilaphus moves back to his original position, he replies to Inezach on the way "No but thanks for asking, your self?"

Iwilsmashyou
2010-06-22, 07:43 PM
Grengar grins menacingly and says, " The only things hurt here are the orcs. They tried to use their powers on me and only left a scratch on my leg. Wasn't that fun.

Devixer
2010-06-22, 11:04 PM
Arahi puts away both of his weapons. "I have no injuries of note. We should continue. We've lost enough time."

Devmaar
2010-06-24, 05:40 PM
You continue along the road. As the sun gets lower in the sky you can see the watchtower you were told about off to your left. It stand atop a hill which you assume must be blocking your view of the two forests.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-07-09, 02:30 AM
Waiting for everyone to respond Grengar gets restless and says, " So were go in."

Ichneumon
2010-07-09, 04:43 AM
Niobe follows Grengar inside, with he head held up high, she is ready for what mysteries and adventures the gods will lay on her path.

besring
2010-07-09, 05:12 AM
Gorilaphus just walks in, talking to no one. He silently signals to his eagle.

Slight of hand check: [roll0]

To Eagle:

"Noticed any thing suspicious about Almond?"

Devixer
2010-07-10, 02:05 AM
Arahi walks in beside Niobe, spear in his left hand, pointing down. He finds himself hoping that his actions will help some force of benevolence.

Shoruke
2010-07-17, 01:37 PM
Inezach follows Arahi and Niobe inside, bow in hand, pointing down. He doesn't want to be surprised by hostiles, but he doesn't want to aggravate anyone, either.

Devmaar
2010-07-18, 09:23 AM
The room is empty and looks like it has been for some time. There is a layer of dust on the floor and the bodies of flies and other insects scattered across the floor.

A double door is set into the opposite wall. There is a weapon rack set on either side of it.

On the left hand wall is a lever while by the right hand wall a chain hangs down through the ceiling.

Gorilaphus:
The eagle hasn't seen anything

Iwilsmashyou
2010-07-19, 07:12 PM
"Hmmm something doesn't feel right here, anybody want to pull the chain, the other things in this room seem too predictable." but what he means is let me go outside while you kill youself trying to get somewhere else.

Devixer
2010-07-19, 08:30 PM
"Touching anything is likely to be a very bad idea right now. I don't know mechanical traps very well, but these items seem suspect."

besring
2010-07-20, 03:23 AM
Gorilaphus just stands and observes the other two talking. He leans against a wall trying to decide what to do.

Iwilsmashyou
2010-07-20, 01:44 PM
If were not going to have anybody do anything i may have to just do this myself, if so wish me luck. Tell me what to do I'm probably going to be the only person that could survive a trap." says Grengar in a confident voice.

Shoruke
2010-07-30, 10:36 AM
Inezach shrugs. "Be careful, I suppose. Best advice I've got."

Iwilsmashyou
2010-09-20, 07:45 PM
OOC (just to get attention to this)
If we can get every1 back together i would be happy. I see this being a really enjoyable thing.

Devmaar
2010-09-21, 01:43 AM
I'm still interested if everyone else is.

besring
2010-09-21, 04:53 AM
I'm still intrested, still got my sheet, and know whats happening

Iwilsmashyou
2011-05-11, 09:08 PM
[roll0] TW
[roll1] DL
[roll2] AH
[roll3] HS

Here it wont annoy any1 so here it goes