PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Increasing Diplomacy at 1st level

PId6
2010-05-21, 07:42 PM
Currently, I need +3 to Diplomacy somehow at 1st level. I have a single feat slot open, but Skill Focus (Diplomacy) is already taken. I can also choose a different race (currently Lesser Aasimar), but since I have a level in Marshal, that race must at least have a Cha boost or a +3 or higher bonus on Diplomacy (and LA +0). Anyone know of any such race or feat?

Cheap items would also work. I already have a Masterwork Tool for Diplomacy figured in.

Fortuna
2010-05-21, 07:47 PM
There is a way... but it involves extensive cheese, and will likely get large numbers of books thrown at you. I'm thinking Dusk Giants here, using any infinite wealth loop.

gbprime
2010-05-21, 07:48 PM
We assume you've taken Motivate Charisma as your minor aura?

There's the Otherworldly background feat (Players Guide to Faerun), which adds +2 untyped bonus, darkvision, and changes your type to Outsider (Native).

You could take a Flaw and purchase Negotiator feat on top of that (+2 Diplo, +2 Sense Motive).

Failing that, you may have to wait until second level. There are 3 synergy bonuses to Diplomacy available then. And with a little treasure under the belt... Circlet of Persuasion, and a Trinket with a skill bonus to diplomacy.

Greenish
Dragonwrough kobold is +3 Cha. Takes a feat though.

Dr.Epic
Half elves get +2.
There's skill focus (diplomacy).
I know there's another feat that grants a bonus to it.
There are traits in Unearth Arcana that also give a bonus to diplomacy.

Yorrin
2010-05-21, 07:50 PM
There's Magic-Blooded Racial Variant in Drag306 (+2Cha, -2Wis, some other minor goodies +0LA). Page 64.

Optimystik
2010-05-21, 07:53 PM
Are you a bard? Precocious Apprentice (Eagle's Splendor) will give you +4 enhancement to Charisma for 10 minutes.

Do you have Tome of Magic? The Bind Vestige (Naberius) feat, along with Practiced Binder, will give you Naberius' Silver Tongue ability, which allows you to take 10 on Diplomacy checks even while threatened or distracted.

...And for the love of the gods, do not trade Lesser Aasimar for Half-Elf!

PId6
2010-05-21, 07:59 PM
Oooh, right! Aging! It's not just for kobolds! :smalltongue:

Never mind, got that DC 40 that I wanted. Thanks everyone!

Darrin
2010-05-21, 10:11 PM
Change your race to Azurin and pick up Shape Soulmeld: Silvertongue Mask. You get a +2 insight bonus to Diplomacy, and you can pump it up to +4 by investing 1 essentia from your racial abilities.

CyMage
2010-05-21, 10:40 PM
There is always Nymph's Kiss (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Nymph~s_Kiss) for your feat.