PDA

View Full Version : New bard ability: Rick-Roll

Cookiemobsta
2010-05-22, 12:26 AM
When in the middle of any other bardic musical ability, the bard may, as a free-action, activate the Rick-Roll special ability. When activated, the bard promises to never give up or let down the listener. Anyone within range of this ability must make a will save or groan for 1d3 rounds. Anyone within range of this ability becomes permanently hostile to the bard.

Thoughts?

Froogleyboy
2010-05-22, 12:28 AM
A rick-rolling ability? I think Alignment: CE should be a requirement

Corporate M
2010-05-22, 03:25 AM
Rick-Rolling is a very chaotic ability that bards must know when to appropiately execute or be worse off.

It's skillcheck based, and if done right, emulates a massive confusion spell. On average, it can atleast be like a rage spell. but sometimes (as in the case of myself with TF2 meationing a way to craft hats but instead it was a rickroll) it just left me open for damage. (IE: Getting reported...:smallannoyed:)

I'd say something like;

Performance check
13 or lower: You take +4 damage against all attacks for the next 3 rounds.
14-21: Mass rage spell for a number of rounds equal to your bard level.
22 or higher: Mass confusion spell for a number of rounds equal to your bard level.

Jack of Spades
2010-05-22, 04:31 AM
I expect a trolololol class ability is incoming? :smallwink:

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-22, 01:56 PM
Definitly say it makes all foes within a 30ft radius who can hear you target you for as long as the performace lasts +3 rounds. However you get DR/- based on your perform check, because the most annoying part of the Rickroll is that is never stops.

Cookiemobsta
2010-05-25, 12:57 AM
Perhaps allow bard/rouges to add (non-lethal) sneak attack damage to the rickroll, seeing as it catches enemies off-guard (and thus they would be flat-footed?)

Jane_Smith
2010-05-25, 01:09 AM
Special: Activating this ability gets your gaming group to tackle and beat the holy **** out of you for the entire session, while your dungeon master finds horrible, horrible things to put your bard threw while your busy...

Moose Fisher
2010-05-25, 01:25 AM
Leekspin(Ex): By expending a use of Bardic Music in the middle of another Bardic Music ability as a free action, the bard gains the benefits of Entropic Shield until the bard stops singing. A bard must spin a leek in one hand for the duration of the Bardic Music to benefit from this ability.

Eldan
2010-05-25, 02:29 AM
Actually, I'd say that the Rick-Roll is a prepared action. Say, similar to Robilar's gambit: there's some kind of action the enemy has to perform for the rick-roll to be activated on him. He is then both enraged and confused.

Cookiemobsta
2010-05-25, 10:38 AM
Actually, I'd say that the Rick-Roll is a prepared action. Say, similar to Robilar's gambit: there's some kind of action the enemy has to perform for the rick-roll to be activated on him. He is then both enraged and confused.

Perhaps the enemy must fail a sense motive vs the bard's bluff?

I also approve of the leekspin. Perhaps bards should just be able to take ranks in perform: meme?

ObadiahtheSlim
2010-05-25, 10:45 AM
How about a prestige class that is built around Preform: Meme. Should include shock sites like goatse that would cause stunning or nausea on a failed will check.

Jair Barik
2010-05-25, 11:01 AM
Actually somebody already did this here

EDIT:Well thats not the case where I live. Still don't want to upset anyone with legal thingies.

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 11:03 AM

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151495 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw)

Heh. Youtube's slow loading saved me!

Calemyr
2010-05-25, 11:23 AM
Oh, man. This would be the perfect capper to the Joker Bard arc I've been setting up in my current campaign: the party finally tracks down the bard (who's been manipulating things from behind the scenes for a while) and demand to know what he's planning to do. The bard appears to go into full bond-villain monologue until, halfway through it, he shuts up and I play "Never gonna give you up" on my cell phone. Then he escapes.

Or I could go the Doctor Who route and just have the monologue drift into those lyrics as he's expounding on how he's going to harass the party forever. "You're entirely too much fun to play with, you see? I'm never going to give you up. I'm never going to let you down..." etc etc "...wait, what was I saying?"

ObadiahtheSlim
2010-05-25, 11:29 AM

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151495 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw)

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

:smallmad:

Eldan
2010-05-25, 02:36 PM
Same here.

Anyway, shouldn't Leekspin have potentially infinite duration?

Mando Knight
2010-05-25, 02:45 PM
How about a prestige class that is built around Preform: Meme. Should include shock sites like goatse that would cause stunning or nausea on a failed will check.

And Immediate Action: Can't Let You Do That!

Make a Perform: Meme check when an enemy uses an action. The enemy then makes a Will save with a +5 bonus against your Perform check. On a failure, the enemy's action automatically fails, and the enemy and up to three of your allies can make a one-liner as a free action.

Eldan
2010-05-25, 02:48 PM
Can't touch this?

Helinon
2010-05-25, 09:42 PM
Wait....... If anyone who hears this becomes permanently hostile to the bard, then the bard will be torn to shreds by his (ex)comrades just for doing this.

Siosilvar
2010-05-25, 09:46 PM
Wait....... If anyone who hears this becomes permanently hostile to the bard, then the bard will be torn to shreds by his (ex)comrades just for doing this.

This is a problem... how? :smallconfused:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-25, 10:12 PM
Rick-Roll (Sp): This is an interrupt-action which uses one Bardic Music use. Doing so imediately ends any Bardic Music effect the opponent is currently using, and forces all opponents which were benefiting from that Bardic Music ability to make a Will Save or become stunned for one round.