PDA

View Full Version : (Update) Baby making on Sunday!!! *Runs in circles screaming with hands waving*

Pika...
2010-05-22, 01:20 AM
I am so happy, and scared, and sad, and excited, and anxious, and so many conflicting emotions...

*Starts running in circles again*

Fawkes
2010-05-22, 01:24 AM
...what? :smallconfused:

Froogleyboy
2010-05-22, 01:25 AM
...what? :smallconfused:
He's gonna be a daddy :smallbiggrin: gratz man!

Pika...
2010-05-22, 01:27 AM
He's gonna be a daddy :smallbiggrin: gratz man!

Maybe, one day. It depends on what the child chooses (aka if it chooses to pursue a relationship with me). :smallsmile:

golentan
2010-05-22, 01:38 AM

Pika, must we have a new thread every time there's an update on your reproductive cycle? The last one isn't even off the first page yet. Please, for the love of all that is good. I appreciate your happiness, but at the same time I don't want to get updated on your emotional state vis-a-vis your sperm count every couple of days.

You aren't going to be a father. Fatherhood requires a certain level of responsibility for a child, not merely a sperm. You're a donor. You're donating fluids. It's like donating blood: you provide a fluid, and some other person gets a shot at life that they wouldn't have otherwise. And I can only take so many stories about human fluids before I have a squick induced breakdown and sob in the corner, wailing about spattering them all over the walls, and how they're everywhere, and they'll never leave me alone no matter how hard I wash, and Out, Damn Spot! Please, leave me in peace! Take your fluids to someone who is looking to share them with you. Take your fluids away, and leave me only 500 gallons of bleach and a cleaning cloth.

Froogleyboy
2010-05-22, 01:41 AM

Pika, must we have a new thread every time there's an update on your reproductive cycle? The last one isn't even off the first page yet. Please, for the love of all that is good. I appreciate your happiness, but at the same time I don't want to get updated on your emotional state vis-a-vis your sperm count every couple of days.

You aren't going to be a father. Fatherhood requires a certain level of responsibility for a child, not merely a sperm. You're a donor. You're donating fluids. It's like donating blood: you provide a fluid, and some other person gets a shot at life that they wouldn't have otherwise. And I can only take so many stories about human fluids before I have a squick induced breakdown and sob in the corner, wailing about spattering them all over the walls, and how they're everywhere, and they'll never leave me alone no matter how hard I wash, and Out, Damn Spot! Please, leave me in peace! Take your fluids to someone who is looking to share them with you. Take your fluids away, and leave me only 500 gallons of bleach and a cleaning cloth.

Harsh, dude, harsh

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 01:44 AM
That actually was kinda harsh, I think. Yeah, he doesn't need to post multiple topics on the same thing. But... I don't think its right to cut him down like that. :smallconfused:

Pika, I understand you're excited. And I'm happy for you. But multiple threads on the same topic within days of each other is against the rules, I'm fairly certain... :smalltongue:

golentan
2010-05-22, 02:00 AM
No...

Gah. What I meant was that it is a noble thing to give life, and that's good. But that's not what...

Fatherhood is to Reproduction as Marriage is to a One Night Stand. Reproduction is fundamentally fluids. It gives life: hence noble, in much the same way giving blood is noble. But it's still fundamentally a story about fluids rather than fatherhood. Reproduction rather than nurture. And I've been biting my tongue on that subject as much as I can, but Pika keeps treating it like it's something more than it is. And it's not right...

Also, I'm kinda grossed out right now dealing with spatters on my walls, and so I've got fluids on the brain, and am maybe pretty close to a nervous breakdown to end all of my prior nervous breakdowns. But... Gah...

I need to just stop coming to these threads, probably. Gah.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-22, 02:58 AM
Well done, golentan. No, really, it's nice to have some honesty in these threads. :smallsmile:

IonDragon
2010-05-22, 03:31 AM
Having not seen the other threads on the subject of Pika...'s reproduction, I assumed that he was planning an exciting evening and/or paying for a lady of the evening by the title as that would be "making" whereas birth would be... birthing.

Anuan
2010-05-22, 04:37 AM
Having not seen the other threads on the subject of Pika...'s reproduction, I assumed that he was planning an exciting evening and/or paying for a lady of the evening by the title as that would be "making" whereas birth would be... birthing.

Pika has been chosen by more than one couple (one of which was a lesbian pair, but I don't know if this is the case for all the couples) to be a sperm-donor.

Congrats again, Pika. Hopefully the kid will want to have a relationship with you.

Giggling Ghast
2010-05-22, 04:48 AM
And no doubt we'll have another thread announcing the baby's birth, followed by a thread about the naming of the child, followed by another thread about some weird emotion Pika feels about the whole thing a month from now ...

Wouldn't it have been enough to make an announcement AFTER the child is born? It's not something we're all waiting with baited breath for.

Pika...
2010-05-22, 04:52 AM
I get the picture folks.

Mods, please lock my two threads.

Tyrandar
2010-05-22, 04:54 AM
Nah dude, just keep it to one thread. :smalltongue:

Boo
2010-05-22, 05:10 AM
And start a blog if you haven't already.

onthetown
2010-05-22, 07:30 AM
I would love to see a blog, too. :smallsmile: I find this exciting and interesting. I'm so happy for you!

EmeraldRose
2010-05-22, 11:13 AM
You know guys, this is clearly a huge life decision for Pika. Making him feel bad for starting a second thread about it is, I agree, a little harsh.

Pika, you could see if Roland or Rawhide would merge the threads for you. And a blog would definitely give you a good outlet for the sudden realizations :smallsmile:

Whenever it happens for you, congrats! Hopefully you will be able to be a part of your child's life rather than a moment in a cup. After all, it's the continued lifetime of moments that makes being a parent both horribly scary and difficult, and the most important thing of your life.

Worira
2010-05-22, 11:22 AM
It's not a second thread. It's maybe an eighth or ninth thread.

averagejoe
2010-05-22, 11:27 AM

Yeah. From the title I thought he was announcing International Having Sex Day or something.

But it turned out to be about stupid boring babies. :smallannoyed:

:smallbiggrin:

bluewind95
2010-05-22, 11:38 AM
Yes, it is far from the first or second thread he's made.
Yes, being a donor is not the same as being a father.
Yes, he is taking this a bit more seriously than most would.

It still is a rather large step in his life. He is not just going to donate and then go away. He's going to pretty much be an adopted uncle for the child, if he can. It's a little bit more than just donating, without falling into full fatherhood. Although, Pika, you could definitely ask the mods to merge the two latest threads. It might make it easier to follow all of it and wouldn't be considered to be out of the rules of one thread per topic and whatnot.

I agree, though, that he could make a blog about it. I think, Pika, that this would allow you a much better outlet for all of it. I think blogs are a very good outlet for following this kind of thing.

Kiren
2010-05-22, 02:18 PM
Congratulations, and good luck.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 10:03 AM
Maybe make a "Pika's creation of life" thread and keep the updates in there. That way those hat are interested get to hear about it, but the front page isn't cluttered.

Congratz all the same, big step.

Haruki-kun
2010-05-23, 05:21 PM
Yes, he is taking this a bit more seriously than most would.

I'd say you're right, but I think I'd be doing pretty much the same thing... <.<

I mean, it might not be exactly Fatherhood, but it's still a kid you gave your genes to. Or rather, made from your genes.

onthetown
2010-05-23, 05:27 PM
I mean, it might not be exactly Fatherhood, but it's still a kid you gave your genes to. Or rather, made from your genes.

Completely agree with this... Even if he didn't care for a relationship or not with the kid, it's still a living creature that he gave life to. I can't imagine being a sperm donor and not wanting a relationship with your spawn... Though maybe that's just the more feminine side of me. :smallamused:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 05:30 PM
Completely agree with this... Even if he didn't care for a relationship or not with the kid, it's still a living creature that he gave life to. I can't imagine being a sperm donor and not wanting a relationship with your spawn... Though maybe that's just the more feminine side of me. :smallamused:

He did say he'd have a relationship with the child if they wanted it. So he may get at least some of the dad stuff later on.

bluewind95
2010-05-23, 05:32 PM
Oh, I'd definitely think it's a big deal too. But I think that to many, many people, it's just donating and forgetting.

The Glyphstone
2010-05-23, 05:37 PM
He did say he'd have a relationship with the child if they wanted it. So he may get at least some of the dad stuff later on.

Just make sure you can afford to pay child support in case the female couple breaks up.

Laugh, but I know of at least one court case where this happened. Anything more would be political.

onthetown
2010-05-23, 05:40 PM

I know he does want one if the child and the parents are willing, but I meant even if he didn't. Which he does.

I'm confusing myself now.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 05:43 PM
I know he does want one if the child and the parents are willing, but I meant even if he didn't. Which he does.

I'm confusing myself now.

Glad I'm not the only one getting confused :smallwink:

IonDragon
2010-05-23, 06:02 PM
Yeah. From the title I thought he was announcing International Having Sex Day or something.

But it turned out to be about stupid boring babies. :smallannoyed:

:smallbiggrin:

Yeah, it's not like anyone actually KNOWS where babies come from. Right? Right? --Caboose, RvB

Leecros
2010-05-23, 06:13 PM
Yeah, it's not like anyone actually KNOWS where babies come from. Right? Right? --Caboose, RvB

Clearly Babies come from the moon.

They're strategically shot out of large cannons. They're extremely regenerative, as they hit the atmosphere they burn up to ~1 cell which then lands on a female and grows.

Thus babies come into existance.

Transmitters are place inside males which...after a certain number of conditions are met, the cannons auto-target the last known position of 'said male. The idea of males and females actually being involved in bringing babies into existance is a myth. Just like the Space Station, the Moon Landings, Pluto, Planet X, Old Faithful, Black Holes, the Hunchback of Notre' Dam, Cthulhu, and my ability to spell existance correctly.

Dr. Bath
2010-05-23, 07:18 PM
Clearly Babies come from the moon.

But what are babies? We just don't know.

RandomNPC
2010-05-23, 08:17 PM

the true question, how much XP are they worth?

Coidzor
2010-05-23, 09:14 PM
I find this comic appropriate. (http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1378#comic)

Hope you haven't been devoured in any kind of nefarious plot, lad.

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-23, 09:17 PM

Yeah. I mean, it's not like they're developing humans, or something!

Kuma Da
2010-05-23, 09:50 PM
Um...I've only cursorily read the thread, so I don't know if anyone else has commented, but you do know there's multiple ways the title could be interpreted, right? :smallamused:

The Glyphstone
2010-05-23, 09:54 PM
Um...I've only cursorily read the thread, so I don't know if anyone else has commented, but you do know there's multiple ways the title could be interpreted, right? :smallamused:

It's been pointed out, yes.:smallbiggrin:

Bothi
2010-05-23, 10:28 PM
yay, im so glad that you to will suffer for 6-8 years of sleepless baby infested hell, is it a boy or a girl?

YOUR ALL THINKIN IT IM JUST SAYIN IT

Roland St. Jude
2010-05-23, 10:32 PM

Agreed. And more officially,

Sheriff of Moddingham: One thread per topic.

Unofficially, I enjoy the Macbeth reference and tend to agree whole-heartedly (albeit less dramatically) with the sentiment.