PDA

View Full Version : Is there a dual-progression feat for rogue and ranger anywhere?

paddyfool
2010-05-22, 02:56 AM
Basically, is there an equivalent of the Swift Hunter feat for Rogue and Ranger?

(I had a particular concept that this might fit, based around an urban ranger I was playing in a pbp game that died ages ago... basically, think something along the lines of your classic hardnosed Raymond Chandleresque PI, but in a fantasy era).

nedz
2010-05-22, 10:54 AM
Nothing on Crystal Keep.
Rogue/Scout, Rogue/Swash, Rogue/Arcanist yes.

AstralFire
2010-05-22, 10:58 AM
Homebrew it? Skirmish and Sneak Attack are selectively considered equivalent for qualifications, seems appropriate.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 11:26 AM
Call it Stealth Hunter or Savvy Hunter?

Mongoose87
2010-05-22, 11:29 AM
Sly Hunter, Wilderness Ambusher, Silent Stalker?

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-22, 12:50 PM
If you can take three levels of scout.

Swift Ambusher
Swift Hunter.

Corbeau
2010-05-22, 12:57 PM
2nd Edition, with its kit system, had a Ranger variant called the Stalker which gave sneak attack mutliplier to ranger and some other stuff. It was also included in Baldur's Gate 2.

Anyways, I'd have to agree with the others that if you made a reasonable case to the DM; it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to fudge Swift Hunter into what you're looking for. That said, a full BAB class with full sneak attack could be pretty brutal.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-22, 01:09 PM
2nd Edition, with its kit system, had a Ranger variant called the Stalker which gave sneak attack mutliplier to ranger and some other stuff. It was also included in Baldur's Gate 2.

Anyways, I'd have to agree with the others that if you made a reasonable case to the DM; it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to fudge Swift Hunter into what you're looking for. That said, a full BAB class with full sneak attack could be pretty brutal.
Such as he fighter variant that gets sneak attack instead of feats?

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 01:13 PM
That said, a full BAB class with full sneak attack could be pretty brutal.
No, no it couldn't.

Thespianus
2010-05-22, 03:36 PM
Nothing on Crystal Keep.
Rogue/Scout, Rogue/Swash, Rogue/Arcanist yes.

Rogue/Arcanist? The only one I've found is Razing Strike and it doesn't really combine the class levels in any way. There's the Sacred Outlaw that combines Cleric and Rogue for sneak attack damage and turning, but I can't find one for Arcane Caster and Rogue. It would suit me like crazy if you could find it! :)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-22, 04:08 PM
Rogue/Arcanist? The only one I've found is Razing Strike and it doesn't really combine the class levels in any way. There's the Sacred Outlaw that combines Cleric and Rogue for sneak attack damage and turning, but I can't find one for Arcane Caster and Rogue. It would suit me like crazy if you could find it! :)

Perhaps.. Master spellthief? (Spellthief/arcanist)

Thespianus
2010-05-22, 04:15 PM
Perhaps.. Master spellthief? (Spellthief/arcanist)
Yeah, I know, but that's not for a Rogue, that's for Spellthiefs. :(

Maybe one could get a DM to agree to something homebrewn there as well.