PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Game

Volthawk
2010-05-22, 10:17 AM
Greyline City. On the brink of becoming overrun by evil, it is one of the major foci of the battles between good and evil. If Greyline, and the area it holds, fell, the hordes would be able to overrun the civilised world. It is the place where the forces of Good are being called, from anywhere and everywhere.

You are all in Highdane, one of the nearest cities, when you hear the call for reinforcements, where they ask for volunteers to go to the local barracks; a large structure made out of stone, standing out compared to most buildings which are made out of wood, or something similar to it; to sign up. A large storm is brewing, as although it has not started to rain, anyone can tell from the dark, miserable clouds. The city is generally in good condition, with clean streets, apart from the alleys, which are generally ignored, and are home to all kinds of scum and villainy.

Niezck
2010-05-22, 10:28 AM
Valor stands with his homunculi either side, pondering the call for reinforcements. It was a risk for certain, but was it worth it? He could win greater fame and fortune if he were to perform this well ... But equally he risked death and destruction of his familiars should he fail. The question went over and over in his mind as he stared absently into space.

Nanoblack
2010-05-22, 01:54 PM
Almost six feet tall and very muscular with a deep tan due to his distaste of wearing more than his battle-worn pants and wooden sandals. He has deep green eyes and a look on his face as if he was surveying a battlefield before jumping headfirst into the fray. He has long wild locks of brown hair and he's covered from head to toe in scars. Kiel Althea sits at the bar of a tavern he's being paid in room and board to protect, loudly merrymaking along with the other patrons.

Then he heard the call.

Without a word, he kicked the stool out from underneath him and strode off to the source of the call. "Someone's gonna die tonight..."

Once he gets to the barracks, he knowingly nods to the recruitment officer as they've met many times in similar situations. Then he rushes to find the highest ranking officer around and asks "What's attacking and from where?"

Tyrael
2010-05-22, 02:25 PM
A lone figure plods its way through the gutters of Greyline City. A large, oversized black cloak covers it from head to toe, and a deep hood covers its entire head and face save for some sort of metallic snout poking out. The figure stops several times to clutch at its chest, but moves resolutely onwards until it reaches the barracks. Instead of entering, however, the figure remains outside, curiously watching everyone else who enters.

Niezck
2010-05-22, 03:31 PM
After pondering the question for roughly ten minutes, Valar makes a decision.

The slender young man walks calmly toward the barracks, metallic beasts in toe, and approaches the front door. Nodding to the hooded figure outside in the friendliest manner he can muster, he speaks softly before entering. 'Morning

Through the door, he approaches the first officer he comes into contact with, and boldly states, homunucli releasing a low growl as he does. Sign me up.

GenPol
2010-05-22, 04:08 PM
Though his face remains as impassive as ever, Genji sighs inwardly as he makes is way towards the barracks. He had been in the middle of cleaning the dry blood from his katana when he been interrupted by the call for combatants willing to defend the city.

Genji keeps his face high and his piercing green eyes staring straight ahead as he walks calmly down the road after his friends, avoiding eye contact with everyone. Out of the corner of his eyes, however, Genji makes sure to drink in all of the sights and people of the city.

His exotic armor glistens even in the dim lighting, and he rests his hand on the pummel of his foreign looking sword that hangs in a sheath on his belt. Genji's black hair, usually tightened in a ponytail, now sweeps about his head, tossed around by the light wind.

As Genji arrives at the door to the barracks and puts his hand on the doorknob, he is hit by a small wave of hesitation. Is it really worth risking my life for a city I know nothing of and for people I care nothing about? Then Genji inwardly shrugs, reasoning that if there was somebody in the opposing side that had the talent to actually kill him, then they truly deserved the trophy that was his head. And besides, there are few worthless people in the world, and saving non-combatants is a necessary chore.

Genji turns the knob, shakes the rain out of his long hair like a dog, and enters the building and signs himself up as a defender of the city.

Falconknight06
2010-05-23, 12:37 PM
Genji, wait up you stoic swordsman. Ooh, look at me, I'm moody and interesting Aeric calls out after the swordsman as he enters the bar. The Half-Elf is dressed rather nicely with shining mithril chainmail, and green-blue hat, and well worn adventurer's clothing. A darkwood longbow is strapped to his back and a quiver hangs from his belt full of arrows. As he reaches the door, he turns and calls back to the beautiful woman following him Tearran, hurry up beautiful. Genji is already inside.

Tyrael
2010-05-23, 03:03 PM
The cloaked figure outside appears to reach a decision and steps inside the building. Once it gets inside, it then reaches up and shakes the rainwater off its cloak like a duck, then casually sweeps it off its shoulders.

Standing there is a tall, thin man wearing a black sleeveless bodysuit festooned with straps and buckles that covers him from throat to boots. His hands are covered in long black gloves that extend up to his mid-biceps. His face is completely covered by a strange black mask with a large, cylindrical metallic snout and two glass lenses set in its face. Dimly visible through the lenses are a pair of yellowish, haunted-looking eyes. His head appears to be completely bald, and what little skin can be seen in the back of the mask and along his bare shoulders is deathly pale, but completely covered in hideous-looking burns.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/941/81438475.png

Slowly, tentatively, the man (if it could be called a man) approaches the recruitment table and asks (muffled through his mask) to sign up.

Ilriyn
2010-05-23, 10:40 PM
"Coming, coming... When will you ever learn to give a girl time?" Tearran says as she runs up to Aeric. The Succubus is disguised as charming elven girl, but with eyes that shift between steel blue and bright orange. She's dressed in a short skirt with a tight chainmail shirt, with a small dagger resting on her hip. "You know, one of these days I'm going to walk around looking like a fat ugly dwarf, what would you do then?"

She runs ahead towards Genji, eying a particularly strong-looking soldier among the mob of hopefuls assembled in the barracks. "Signing up already Genji? We don't even know the half of what they want."

Falconknight06
2010-05-23, 11:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure you could stand disguising yourself as anything ugly, but you do know that no matter how ugly you make yourself, the flirting shall not stop Aeric grins as he makes his way inside the bar after the beautiful elf. Aeric then puts his arm on the shoulder of the elven woman and says It shouldn't matter what else they want, our job is to fight evil and these people need evil fought. Aeric then walks over to the table

So, where do I sign my good man Aeric asks the man behind the table.

Ilriyn
2010-05-23, 11:38 PM
"You're probably right, I could never stand that for long", she says as she checks her nails.

She strides over to the counter as Aeric signs his name. "One of these days you're going to find yourself signing away your soul because some psychopath thought that it was necessary for the greater good." But even as she says this, she takes the pen and signs her name with a flourish.

Volthawk
2010-05-24, 04:34 PM
The man at the recruiting desk wears standard Highdane uniform, grey clothing under an iron breastplate. The rest of the body is armoured by leather, and this man's uniform is quite damaged, with ripped leather padding and a battered iron plate. He definitely isn't young, although you can tell his experience through how he acts, even just at the desk.

As Kiel came in, he said, with familiarity, "Hey, Kiel, my friend! So, you signing up? Good luck, although I've heard it's a bit of a meat-grinder there, if you know what I mean." You recognize him as old David, one of the most experienced soldiers in the Highdane military, and veteran of any war that has happened while he has lived. In response to your questions, he says "My friend, I do not know. All I know is the armies on the other side of the city have really got their asses into gear, so we need to as well."

As Valar signed up, he whispered "Great, one of those technical guys, with their 'superior intelligence'. He looks slightly resentful of you.

When the masked man asks to sign up, the recruiting officer looks a bit wary. "Well, I don't trust you, but I've been ordered to get anyone 'not evil'. So, I suppose you can sign up. Here's the register." He still looks wary of you.

As Genji, Aeric and Tearran sign up, amusement becomes evident on his face. "Well, who's this then? A paladin, a samurai and a... well, I don't know. Not too obvious. Anyway, we'll be needing more experienced warriors, so sign up here.", he syays, pointing to the register, a large book in front of him, on the desk. "Well, paladin, that's very idealistic of you..."

GenPol
2010-05-24, 04:53 PM
Genji turns around to face Aeric and Tearren after signing his name. Well, it looks like something interesting and violent is happening. As a samurai, I hope to be on the proper side of the violence, the one that makes an effort to avoid civilian casualties. Genji raises an eyebrow. And besides, my only fall back career is as a chef, and I seem to be out of meat. A good fight could solve both my problems. Genji grins and steps to the side to let more people sign up.

Niezck
2010-05-24, 05:35 PM
Making his mark with a flourish, Valar looks up at the man and speaks softly to him.

Intelligence is only a measure of knowledge. The wisest man I ever knew couldn't fathom how even locks worked. Although, it probably wasn't very wise that he left his door unlocked. Got him killed in the end, that did. But the point stands!

Getting slightly off-track and into his dreamstate once again, Valar steps aside and begins pondering the life of that old warrior he once knew.

Nanoblack
2010-05-24, 05:44 PM
Making his mark with a flourish, Valar looks up at the man and speaks softly to him.

Intelligence is only a measure of knowledge. The wisest man I ever knew couldn't fathom how even locks worked. Although, it probably wasn't very wise that he left his door unlocked. Got him killed in the end, that did. But the point stands!

The battle-worn soldier casually walks up and puts his hand on your shoulder.
"Looking forward to seeing you test your knowledge-is-power theory out on the battlefield."

He winks at the man at the desk. "We'd best get moving lest we be seen as the cowardly portion of the defenders."

Falconknight06
2010-05-24, 05:49 PM
Aeric smiles charmingly at the veteran, Hmm, and what gave away my status as a chosen warrior for the gods eh? Aeric laughs as he looks down at his chainmail, a bright, sea-blue dolphin emblazoned on the front and he looks at the silver dolphin on a leather chord hanging from his belt. Perhaps I should be slightly more inconspicuous he says with a grin as Genji approaches. He slaps the samurai on the back heartily, and when did you begin eating sentient beings my friend?

GenPol
2010-05-24, 06:04 PM
Genji raises his other eyebrow. Well, I have not yet succumbed to that. Circumstances have not been that dire. But backup plans rarely hurt. Genji fingers the handle of his wakizashi. At any rate, my swords will be the ones feeding tonight.

Ilriyn
2010-05-24, 07:20 PM
Tearran turns to the man at the desk. "Don't you worry about me, I know how to hold my own in a fight. I just do it through, less... conventional means."

She turns back to Aeric and Genji. "Don't try it anytime soon Genji, it's not that appealing." She says this with a sparkle in her eye, which often appears when her friends aren't sure whether or not she is joking.

GenPol
2010-05-24, 07:26 PM
Genji grins. Fair enough. He turns to the desk. So what are our orders? Anything you need done immediately?

Niezck
2010-05-25, 06:26 AM
My prowess on the battlefield will be seen, as will the might of my minions.

With that, his two homunculi emit a low growl and stand proud.

Now then, where are we to go first? Is there a gathering point, or do we simply go to the city?

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 09:37 AM
"Well then. You all have to come back here in 2 hours. Then the genereal here will organise everyone, then we march. For freedom!"

He looks genuinely excited, and has generally become more awake and alert.

Niezck
2010-05-25, 10:06 AM
How long will we be there, roughly? And if it's for a long period ... will we be given board? Or should I pack a bedroll and some warm blankets?

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 10:09 AM
The man sighs.

"I don't know..." He looks at the register. "Valar, is it? Sorry, but it's all a bit chaotic at the moment. Apparently we were caught off-guard."

Tyrael
2010-05-25, 02:49 PM
The man in the black mask stirs for the first time, leaning forward to join the conversation. "By what?" he rasps, his voice raw and scratchy even as it's muffled through the mask.

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 02:57 PM
"Huh? Oh, right. We don't know really. Anyone who makes it have conflicting stories. If they stay sane, that is. Any scouts generally don't come back. Most the area is scry-proof. All in all, we don't know. We have found out a few things though. There does seem to be a mixture of a lot of different types of enemy. The big question is how are they are united?

Tyrael
2010-05-25, 03:15 PM
"What types?" the man rasps.

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 03:16 PM
"Oh, you know. Demons, devils, freaking aberrations, humanoids, undead." He spits out the last statement with venomous hatred.

Niezck
2010-05-25, 03:58 PM
Oh ... joy.

Well, looks like Blade 'n Spike'll have a fair bit of fun!

He laughs gently and crouches to pat the mechanical beasts flanking him.

Nanoblack
2010-05-25, 04:17 PM
United or not, they all die just as well as the next. Why must we wait two hours when we're under attack now?"

He looked angry. The area around him started to glow before he caught himself and took a deep breath. "The longer we wait, the more people die.

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 04:30 PM
David sighs."Aye lad. I agree, but the hierarchy love their bureaucracy. Personally I'd go now, like you, but, unfortunately, we cannot."

He stands up, and you can tell he is tall, for a human. He offers his hand to you all.

"Alright, you all be back here in 2 hours. It's a time of change, now. I can tell."

Nanoblack
2010-05-25, 07:17 PM
He sighs. "Two hours then."He turns to the strangers gathered around him. "In the meantime we may as well start separating into squads." He looks over the assorted warriors expectantly and his expression softens.

Falconknight06
2010-05-25, 07:20 PM
Well, I wholeheartedly refuse to seperate from my two companions Aeric says, putting a hand on the shoulder of Genji and Tearran and laughing. So, who else wishes to join team us? he asks with a charming grin.

Just to drive home how charming he really is, here is his diplomacy check
[roll0]

Nanoblack
2010-05-25, 07:36 PM
"Loyalty and a good heart, I like that. I don't see anyone else in the room that I'd rather have guarding my back. So I suppose, with your permission, I'd like to join your ranks." He extends a hand with heavily scarred knuckles towards you. "My name is Kiel Althea; crusher, mangler, and bringer of vengeance to those who would harm the weak."

Tyrael
2010-05-25, 07:44 PM
The masked man steps forward and extends his hand as well. "Saren Isthill," he rasps painfully behind the mask, his voice muffled and echoing slightly. "I'll join you as well. You seem a de....cent fellow." He pauses in the middle of a word to catch his breath.

Nanoblack
2010-05-25, 07:54 PM
The masked man steps forward and extends his hand as well. "Saren Isthill," he rasps painfully behind the mask, his voice muffled and echoing slightly. "I'll join you as well. You seem a de....cent fellow." He pauses in the middle of a word to catch his breath.

He gives Saren a firm handshake and a respectful nod."Good to meet you, but you seem to be a bit... ill. I plan on being right on the front lines. Are you sure you can handle it?"

Tyrael
2010-05-25, 08:02 PM
There is an abrupt snort of breath into the mask, whether that was a laugh or a cough isn't quite certain. "I'll be...fine," Saren grates. "I don't work on...the front lines."

Niezck
2010-05-26, 02:59 AM
Looking up from his homunculi, Valar speaks proudly, almost as if it were rehearsed.

I'll join you too. My name's Valar, professional tinkerer and artificer! This is blade, and this is spike. He gestures toward each of his cat-like constructs as he says their name.

Falconknight06
2010-05-26, 08:14 PM
A pleasure to meet all of you Aeric says, shaking all the hands presented to him. He proceeds well, considering we have two hours to kill, I believe I'll practice before the battle and pulls out a beautiful fiddle that looks to be made of a polished darkwood. He begins to play a jaunty tune.

Considering I'm not sure how often perform checks will come up, I'm going to do as many as I can.

Perform (string instruments) [roll0]

EDIT:Just try not to enjoy that song. 1 away from maximum

Niezck
2010-05-28, 09:56 AM
Does anybody have anything that they urgently need to do, or should we simply take some respite until we're needed?

Ilriyn
2010-05-28, 10:36 AM
"A pleasure to meet you all", says Tearran with a smile. She moves closer to Keil, "Welcome aboard Keil, I know I will feel much safer with a man of your strength guarding the front", she says as she eyes him.

Talking to Saren she says, "And welcome aboard as well, Saren was it? I'm glad to see that some people still know that not all fighting is done face to face."

"And Valar, a pleasure to have you with us, if those creations of yours are able to hold their own over the next few days, you must be very intelligent indeed. Respite you say? I'm all for that, lets go find a tavern somewhere and buy some drinks."

Tyrael
2010-05-28, 02:19 PM
Saren perks up at the mention of a tavern. "Drinks! Yes!"

Nanoblack
2010-05-30, 06:26 PM
"Anything to make the next two hours go by faster. Well since you suggested it, I suppose you get to choose the tavern as well."

GenPol
2010-05-30, 08:59 PM
Genji bows and grins at the newcomers. However, I would not be too eager to join us if I was in your shoes--we seem to be a bit of a focus point for trouble. He jerks his thumb over at Aeric and Tearran. And then there's those two. I jest, I jest. But welcome aboard!

Falconknight06
2010-05-30, 11:58 PM
Aeric will stop playing when he realizes no one is listening to his performance of a lifetime. Slightly perturbed, Aeric will say I know of a few good taverns around, ones I used to play in often Aeric will stand, fiddle in hand, and head towards the nearest tavern to the recruiting tent.

Ilriyn
2010-05-31, 12:28 AM
"Poor Aeric", she teasingly calls out to Aeric as he leaves, "never getting the fame that he deserves." Turning to the others, she says, "He really is good you know; he's saved Genji and me from many a lonely evening."

Tearran starts to run after the man with the fiddle, beckoning to the others to follow her.

GenPol
2010-05-31, 10:06 AM
Genji strolls out after the two. True enough. I suppose a bit of music is rarely out of place.

Falconknight06
2010-05-31, 11:27 PM
Oh Tearran, you know you love me Aeric says, walking backwards a bit and winking at the elven girl following him. Last one there buys the drinks he calls out to the group

Volthawk
2010-06-08, 12:07 PM
As you walk, Tearran notices something. Something that seems to be following them, hiding in the shadowy alleys, and hiding well. She doesn't see much, just snatches of it: glowing yellow eyes, scaly wings, long talons on dull black arms.

Ilriyn
2010-06-08, 12:38 PM
Attempting to act as if she had not noticed anything, Tearran says to the group, "Don't look around now, but something.. inhuman is following us."

Bluff check to deliver secret message: [roll0]

Falconknight06
2010-06-08, 12:46 PM
Hmmmm Aeric says under his breath as he begins to peer back secretly, using his ability to detect evil to watch the group's back

Spot
[roll0]

GenPol
2010-06-08, 01:48 PM
Genji places his hand on the hilt if his katana, but makes no move to attack or look behind him. Under his breath, Genji mutters I am ready to attack if need be, just give me a signal.

Niezck
2010-06-08, 02:22 PM
Spike and Blade are ready. They will attack when I will them to.

[roll0]

((I give the mental command to my homunculi to prepare for combat.))

Tyrael
2010-06-08, 02:36 PM
Saren stops, puzzled. "Inhuman?" he rasps, curious.

Nanoblack
2010-06-08, 03:11 PM
"I don't know why everyone's being so skittish. We outnumber whatever that thing is, we should confront it."

Volthawk
2010-06-10, 02:32 PM
Tearran hears whispering in the shadows of the alley, whispers in Abyssal, the language of demons. She cannot make out what is said, though.

Ilriyn
2010-06-11, 10:43 PM
Tearran suppresses a chill that runs down her body at this confirmation of her fears. Though she keeps on talking in a light and chatty voice, so as not to betray her knowledge of the demon's existence.

"We're being followed by a demon of some sort, maybe even multiple demons. I can hear them speaking. Can we confront them?"

Nanoblack
2010-06-11, 10:54 PM
'Round the next corner we can ambush 'em.

He looks to the rest of the group to see if they agree.

Tyrael
2010-06-11, 11:27 PM
"A demon? Saren rasps, punctuated by a wheezing cough. "What else could go wrong today?"

GenPol
2010-06-12, 10:22 AM
Genji taps his finger on the handle of his sword. This isn't all bad I suppose. At least we'll to see what we're going to be up against.

Niezck
2010-06-12, 10:33 AM
Ambush sounds good.

Ilriyn
2010-06-13, 12:52 AM
"Alright, everyone veer to the right around that corner", Tearran says, indicating the selected location with a slight raise of her finger.

Tyrael
2010-06-13, 03:35 AM
Saren swerves to the right around the corner and crouches, waiting.

Nanoblack
2010-06-13, 11:40 AM
Kiel follows everyone around the corner then looks around for something sizable to bludgeon the demon with.

Falconknight06
2010-06-13, 09:22 PM
Aeric follows Tearran's suggestion, veering around the corner and knocking an arrow in his bow

GenPol
2010-06-13, 09:41 PM
Genji calmly walks around the corner to join the rest of the group, hand still on the hilt of his sword. He crouches at the edge of the corner, ready for combat.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 12:23 PM
For about a minute, there is nothing. Then, you hear chuckling and something talking in Abyssal, although you cannot make out what is being said. You then see something come out of the darkness on the far side of the street. It's body is tall and sinewy. The head is long, with small horns and ears like a bat's. Its teeth are practically tusks, set in a mouth that seems too large for its head. Its eyes glow with a hateful yellow light. Its long fingers end in equally long talons, and scales cover its wings and skin. Tufts of black fur stud the tops of its shoulders. The demon's back and arms are dull black, while the chest and belly are a sickly dirty gray.

Tyrael
2010-06-19, 02:40 PM
Saren draws back. "What the....What is that?" he murmurs, readying himself.

[roll0]

GenPol
2010-06-19, 03:06 PM
Genji narrows his eyes and lowers his knees into a stance, hand still on his sword. Demon! He mutters.

Initiative [roll0]

Nanoblack
2010-06-19, 03:55 PM
"So much for an ambush."

Initiative: [roll0]

Haha first roll of the game had to be a nat 1

Ilriyn
2010-06-19, 07:45 PM
Narrowing her eyes, Tearran shouts, "Be gone, creature of the abyss! Or else we will cut you down where you stand!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Falconknight06
2010-06-21, 11:15 PM
"Or else" nothing Tearran, I plan on pierving that thing so full of holes it will leak for the rest of its existence Aeric says, staring with fire in his eyes.

Initiative
[roll0]

Volthawk
2010-06-23, 09:35 AM
The creature chuckles, and starts speaking in common.

"What's up, Tearran? You haven't forgotten your roots now, have you? That would be sad."

It flexes it's wings.

"Besides, I know when I will lose. Goodbye, see you in Greyline!"

It glides off, over your heads, and dissatisfy into the darkness.

Unless anyone can make an AOO at range?

Tyrael
2010-06-23, 10:15 AM
Saren blinks. "Well. That was...unexpected."

Nanoblack
2010-06-23, 11:52 AM
Kiel just stands in silence giving Tearran an odd look.

Ilriyn
2010-06-23, 04:00 PM
"I have nothing in common with your kind, demon." Spits Tearran as the ugly creature flies off.

She waits a moment, seemingly lost in thought. Then she straightens, and says, "Well I don't think we'll have any more problems with demons today, at least not while we're in the city. Now how about we go and get those drinks?"

GenPol
2010-06-23, 06:49 PM
Face still impassive, Genji loosens his grip on the hilt of his sword, and slowly stands up straight, keeping his eyes peeled for other enemies. (spot check: [roll0])

Genji then turns to the rest of the group. Sounds good to me. He breaks into a grin. I assume the drinks will be on Aeric?

Volthawk
2010-06-27, 10:43 AM
You see a soldier coming down the road, from the direction you came in. After getting to you, he says breathlessly "You're requested back at the barracks."

Tyrael
2010-06-27, 11:42 AM
Saren blinks at the man behind his dark mask. "So much for our drinks," he rasps to the rest of the group and falls into step behind the soldier.

Nanoblack
2010-06-27, 11:58 AM
"So whats changed since we left, soldier?" He starts walking next to him.

Volthawk
2010-06-30, 12:32 PM
The soldier shrugs.

"I don't know. Not like I get told anything."

Falconknight06
2010-06-30, 09:13 PM
I suppose we should head back then Aeric will say, clearly disappointed, though it is hard to tell whether its because of the lack of drinks or the lack of a fight. He stows his bow and begins back to the barracks.

GenPol
2010-07-02, 10:26 AM
Genji silently turns and follows the others, a slight grin fixed on an otherwise impassive face. His eyes however still dart from side to side looking for enemies.

Nanoblack
2010-07-06, 10:48 AM
What happens when we get there?

Volthawk
2010-07-06, 11:37 AM
Once you arrive at the barracks, the soldier escorting you ushers you in, but doesn't enter himself.

Inside, you see a single man, dressed in casual clothing. When you enter, he smiles, and walks over to you, offering his hand to each of you in turn.

"So you're the new recruits, right? Tell me, are you willing to do some work early?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-06, 12:10 PM
He shakes the mans hand. "You kiddin' me? I've been aching to do something since I signed up!"

Tyrael
2010-07-06, 12:53 PM
Saren nods. "We're ready," he rasps.

Falconknight06
2010-07-06, 03:14 PM
I'm always ready to combat evil Aeric says with a sly half-smile. He points to the holy symbol emblazoned on his armor it's kind of my thing

Ilriyn
2010-07-06, 03:29 PM
As Tearran shakes the man's hand, she smiles and says, "I'm willing, what do you need us to do?"

Volthawk
2010-07-07, 08:51 AM
The man grins, and begins to speak once again.

"Alright. We'll be sending you to Greyline tonight. From there, you'll be sent out into the darkness. At Greyline, they'll tell you what you need to do."

Niezck
2010-07-08, 12:47 AM
Sorry guys, this mucked up in my CP, I haven't been getting notifications for it :/

I'll just assume I followed along but stayed silent, probably thinking deeply or some such.

We're definitely ready to ship out, aren't we boys?

As he says this, Valor looks down at the two beast-like homunculi and watches them emit a low roar in agreement.

Tyrael
2010-07-08, 01:57 AM
Saren nods in agreement.

GenPol
2010-07-09, 07:18 PM
Genji bows, and returns his hand to the hilt of his sword, nodding at the rest of the party.

Sorry I mysteriously disappeared for a week, my feeble excuse explination is on the OOC thread. Genji has just been following the party around samurai like, stoically impassive. Sorry again.

Volthawk
2010-07-13, 03:20 PM
"Alright. Head round the back of the barracks. Your method of travel is there. By the way, have you seen anything unusual around here? We need to keep an eye out, in case the enemy tries to take us down discreetly."

Nanoblack
2010-07-13, 04:23 PM
"A demon had followed us on our way to the tavern. We were ready to take it down but it disappeared."

Volthawk
2010-07-18, 04:28 PM
"A demon? Thanks, we'll investigate that. Anyway, your ride awaits."

Tyrael
2010-07-19, 11:12 AM
Saren heads outside to wherever their ride is.

GenPol
2010-07-19, 08:47 PM
Genji bows again to the soldier, and then turns to follow Saren.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 08:50 PM
Kiel follows them as well.

Niezck
2010-07-20, 06:15 AM
Valor heads out to the ride, Blade and Spike in-step.

Falconknight06
2010-07-20, 07:19 PM
Well, I guess that means no drinks right now huh? Aeric will say with feigned disappointment as he heads off after the group.

Ilriyn
2010-07-21, 12:16 AM
"Yeah, I'm not so sure about working for these guys anymore. It's just work work work and no play." Tearran grumbles with a twinkle in her eye.

Volthawk
2010-07-22, 05:45 PM
You see your way of getting to Greyline is quite a large wagon, driven by a smiling old man, who shouts over to you "Ah, there you are! Come on, in the back with you!"

Tyrael
2010-07-22, 06:11 PM
Saren climbs into the back of the wagon, bemused.

Nanoblack
2010-07-22, 06:13 PM
He approaches and attempts to shake the old mans hand. "Mind if I sit up front with you? I like to keep an eye out."

Volthawk
2010-07-23, 07:19 AM
"Well, yeah, I do mind. You see, we need to keep the fact that you're going in as secret as possible, so that's why you're going in the back, with the anti-divination countermeasure. If you sit up here, you'd be easily seen. Besides, the seat's taken anyway."

Nanoblack
2010-07-23, 04:36 PM
"I see." He takes his seat in the rear.

GenPol
2010-07-23, 05:30 PM
Genji bows low to the driver, and then climbs into the back along with the rest of his party.

Falconknight06
2010-07-24, 05:23 PM
Oooh, secretive wagon ride. This is a new one Aeric will say getting into the back of the wagon

Volthawk
2010-08-01, 05:18 PM
The man who gave you the information says "Alright, off you go." as you start to leave. After around 10 minutes, the cart pulls to a stop again, and you hear someone climb up onto the front, and you get moving again. After another while the cart stops again, and you hear someone shouting "Need some help, people!", as well as the sounds of combat.

Tyrael
2010-08-01, 07:22 PM
Saren pokes his head out of the wagon and looks around.

Volthawk
2010-08-05, 11:06 AM
As Saren looks round the wagon, the sounds stop. By the front of the wagon are a trio of humanoids. They are wearing full suits of chainmail, save for one of it's arms, which is bloated, and iron studded, with no hand on the end of it. They all have longswords in their hands, and at their feet are the headless bodies of your driver, as well as another armoured man.

Niezck
2010-08-05, 12:01 PM
What is it? What's out there?

Tyrael
2010-08-05, 02:18 PM
"Trouble," Saren rasps as he hops out of the wagon. "Here's our stop!"

[roll0]

Nanoblack
2010-08-05, 03:38 PM
Iniative: [roll0]
Jump: [roll1]

Kiel leaps from the cart with a hunk of wood in his hand, ready to fight.

Niezck
2010-08-05, 03:42 PM
[roll0]

Valar hops out of the cart, crossbow in hand and homunculi in step.

((Should my homunculi roll seperately, or act on my turn?))

Ilriyn
2010-08-19, 11:51 PM
Tearran quickly but gracefully climbs over the back of the wagon. Then she pauses for a moment, and says to one of the men with two hands, "You know, I really think that you should sit quietly on your hands until the battle is over, you could get hurt."

Move action to climb out of cart, standard action to use my suggestion SLA on one of the enemies with two functional hands.

Suggestion Will Save DC 19

Volthawk
2010-08-21, 09:35 AM
The man ignores you completely.