PDA

View Full Version : Build idea - Daycrawler [3.5]

true_shinken
2010-05-22, 10:41 AM
This is just an idea I had that I might apply as an NPC in my game or as a player if I stumble upon a game.
I'm in love with the feats Knowledge Devotion and Sun School. I really am. So I decided to find some way to use them together... while at it, the idea of a Duskblade/Warlock completly charmed me.
The main problem is flurry and the need of unarmed strikes for inexorable progress of dawn and blinding sun of noon.
Tashalatora does not require Monk levels and gives me flurry, but I need the unarmed strikes anyway. I would love a Psion doing this, but I need swift action teleports and Dimension Hop is Ardent-only. Expanded Knowledge helps, but we're getting real feat starved.
Also, can Snap Kick be triggered when I attack with flash of sunset, basically giving me two attacks for every teleport I make?
This would probably end up something along the lines of Duskblade/Psion/Monk/Warlock. 4 base classes... seem a bit too much for me. I could always drop Duskblade, I guess.

demidracolich
2010-05-22, 10:43 AM
Why monk? Why not just use unarmed swordsage?

true_shinken
2010-05-22, 11:51 AM
Why monk? Why not just use unarmed swordsage?

Needs flurry.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-22, 12:09 PM
1) Snapkick works every time you do an action that is a melee attack. This includes Attack of Opportunity, Shadow Pounce, whatever.

2) I assume you're getting Duskblade for all Knowledge Skills? Get Able Learner (all skills cost 1, including cross-class skills) or Well Traveled (all Knowledge Skills are class skills, always).

3) Note that, while the Monk's Belt improves your Monk Unarmed Combat Damage... it does not specifically say it gives you the Monk Unarmed Combat class ability, which includes the ability to use spells that improve manufactured as well as natural weapons to improve your Unarmed attacks.

true_shinken
2010-05-22, 12:48 PM
1) Snapkick works every time you do an action that is a melee attack. This includes Attack of Opportunity, Shadow Pounce, whatever.
That's what I thought. Thanks.

2) I assume you're getting Duskblade for all Knowledge Skills? Get Able Learner (all skills cost 1, including cross-class skills) or Well Traveled (all Knowledge Skills are class skills, always).
That, his teleport spells, full hit dice and d8 Hit Die. I'm figuring 1st-level arcane spells will be handy qualifying for something eventually as well.

3) Note that, while the Monk's Belt improves your Monk Unarmed Combat Damage... it does not specifically say it gives you the Monk Unarmed Combat class ability, which includes the ability to use spells that improve manufactured as well as natural weapons to improve your Unarmed attacks.
Dully noted... I never intended for a Monk's Belt anyway.