PDA

View Full Version : Water Orc and/or White Dragonspawn [3.5] QUESTION ANSWERED!

Yorrin
2010-05-22, 05:17 PM
I hear Water Orcs talked about quite a bit around here. Where can I find them and why are they awesome?

Also, I'm familiar with the wonders of Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobolds, but I see the phrase White Dragonspawn attached to it quite frequently. What is this, and where can I find it?

Eldariel
2010-05-22, 05:24 PM
I hear Water Orcs talked about quite a bit around here. Where can I find them and why are they awesome?

Unearthed Arcana (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs) or SRD, and +2 Con is sweet on brawler chassis. Make 'em Dragonborn for +2 more, and losing Light Sensitivity and gaining goodies (maintaining Swim-speed too); one of the best Dragonborn chassises ever.

Also, I'm familiar with the wonders of Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobolds, but I see the phrase White Dragonspawn attached to it quite frequently. What is this, and where can I find it?

It's in a Dragonlance book; +1 Template where you are a thrall of a White (+3 for freedom but that's not convenient for optimization purposes). Gives you 1 level of Sorcerer-casting; on Dragonwrought Kobold with Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, Loredrake and level adjustment buyoff, this leads to truly ludicrous amounts of Sorc-casting on top of your levels (+4).

Yorrin
2010-05-22, 05:27 PM
Much thanks! I knew I had seen Water Orc in one of my manuals. And the Dragonlance books are some of the few I don't have (yet). Too bad my group doesn't believe in LA buyoff...

2xMachina
2010-05-23, 03:51 AM
The White Dragonspawn template is pretty damn good.

+1LA for 1 sorc lvl, +4 stat boost, Natural armor, fly speed, yada-yada

It's a supercharged Sorc lvl.

And did you know? Dragonwrought makes you count for dragon (take white heritage). The white dragon you're a thrall to? It could be yourself.