PDA

View Full Version : First feat for a Half-Orc Swordsage in E6?

AstralFire
2010-05-22, 05:41 PM
Character sheet here (http://www.rphaven.com/profile.php?user=Zhavier). Click his name to get the actual text to drop down.

Str 16/Dex 14/Con 14/Int 10/Wis 14/Cha 14

Unarmed Swordsage.

I have Stand Still, but on further thought, I'm not sure I want it. Just being able to threaten 10ft and melee range is a pretty good deterrent to getting close and such. Thinking I'll just go straight Swordsage. Losing a level or two for Fighter doesn't seem too appealing.

Random note: Death Mark shall be Falcon Punch. If any of you recall, this is a remake of my character that punches pigs as part of a street performance and makes them explode with fire, in an act he calls 'Rain of Bacon'.

Eldariel
2010-05-22, 05:44 PM
The first choice should be Adaptive Style. Especially early on when you have less Maneuvers readied, it's absolute lifesaver to have an efficient recovery. And it's worth noting that you end up pretty much at the same place as an SS 6 as SS 4/Fighter 2 maneuver-wise (level 3s either way), though of course there are many things SS 6 gives you over Fighter 2. But purely considering maneuvers, you get the same level and can start Martial Studying 'em eventually.

Btw, you sure you don't want Discipline Focus in a school with Unarmed Strike as a favored weapon?

AstralFire
2010-05-22, 05:46 PM
The first choice should be Adaptive Style. Especially early on when you have less Maneuvers readied, it's absolute lifesaver to have an efficient recovery. And it's worth noting that you end up pretty much at the same place as an SS 6 as SS 4/Fighter 2 maneuver-wise (level 3s either way), though of course there are many things SS 6 gives you over Fighter 2. But purely considering maneuvers, you get the same level and can start Martial Studying 'em eventually.

Well, SS 5/Fighter 1 would do the same too, pretty much - seems like the best version of that since SS 4/Fighter 2 gives me one level less of 3rd level maneuvers. But I feel like in an E6 game I may want to keep my skills up...

I know Adaptive Style is the standard, but I was hoping to do something unorthodox and fun.