PDA

View Full Version : A special song.

Pepz
2010-05-22, 07:32 PM
Hey playgrounders,

in 12 days I will be turning 24. I'm not especially thrilled about it :smallwink: but it's always fun to have a birthday party :smallamused:

Now in the last couple of years I started my own little tradition. Every year I have a song that in some way references to my current age. For example, when I was 21 I had "21 and invincible" by Something Corporate, at 22 I had "Testament" by Boudewijn de Groot and this year it was "what's my age again?" by Limp Bizkit (it says multiple times "nobody likes you when you're 23" :smallbiggrin:)

I've wracked my brain over this year's song, and I can't find any. I asked a couple of djs and all of my friends, but nothing has turned up.

So I turn to you, playground. I figured with this big an international group of geeks and other fun people, one of you is bound to know a song that sings about being 24.

Please help me to find this song, you'd make my year :smallwink:

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2010-05-22, 07:37 PM
Old Man by Neil Young; "Twenty-four and there's so much more."

I turned the same age just a few days ago, and in both a disappointed and exasperated sense, agree with Mr. Young's sentiment in any of its pessimistic interpretations.

RandomNPC
2010-05-22, 07:44 PM
"what's my age again?" by Limp Bizkit (it says multiple times "nobody likes you when you're 23" :smallbiggrin:)

you do mean blink 182 yes?

also, i second the "24 and there's so much more"

Pepz
2010-05-22, 07:51 PM
yes. it would be blink 182. A friend of mine once wanted to be an ass and told me that I couldn't even tell the two apart, even though I listened to them constantly. And since then I've always confused the two.

And wow, that's a pretty depressing song :smallsmile: But thank you so much for finally showing me that there IS a song even for this silly age :smallsmile:

Thank you!