Ralasha
2010-05-23, 08:37 AM
As the blurred starlines of hyperspace rush past, you
review the details of your mission: The Corellian corvette
Stellar Damsel was carrying vital information acquired
by Republic spies when she was fired upon by a Sith
Destroyer. The Damsel suffered heavy damage
before she was able to seek shelter in the Miro asteroid
field, hiding out inside one of the larger asteroids.

Sith forces are sweeping the asteroid field, searching
for the ship. The field is vast, so the search is slow and
painstaking, but it’s only a matter of time before they
locate the vessel.

Your mission is to get inside the asteroid field and get
the Damsel out any way you can. If the ship isn’t
salvageable, you’re to recover the data and take the
remaining crewmembers on board. An Alliance Nebula-
Class frigate and a squadron of star-fighters are going
to stage an attack on the Destroyer to provide a
distraction for you to slip into the asteroid field unnoticed.

You won’t have much time to complete the
mission once the attack begins.

Elana, the ships captain alerts you to the fact that you'll
be dropping out of Hyperspace in a few moments.
You should probably prepare.

Calenestel
2010-05-23, 08:50 AM
Deep in meditation the budding warrior of a jedi does not react immediately when the immediate arrival is anounced. Instead she calmly completes the set of breathing exercises she were doing before standing up and exiting her small sleeping compartment. She is uncertain of where she would serve this expedition the best, in a boarding party or a starfighter, perhaps? But she is sure that the Force will guide her to where she can make a difference. Calmly she heads to the bridge and captain Elana. For she has little material goods and no need to prepare futher.

Ralasha
2010-05-24, 09:03 AM
After having dropped from hyperspace you notice the capital ship and fighters are already engaged. Elana says "We'll have to maintain com silence so they don't notice us. According to intel, they should be broadcasting a short burst transmition. See if you can track them, I'll try to keep us clear of the asteroids. (Computer Use check)

Calenestel
2010-05-24, 09:14 AM
Computer duty? She was hardly the most fitting choice for that kind of work. In fact she was woefully uneducated on the matter. Oh, well. There were hardly anyone else present to do the work, may the Force be with her. "Yes, captain. At once." Quietly she slips down onto the chair by the computer station and takes a deep breath before getting to it. There is no try.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-05-24, 09:22 AM
You manage to find an extremely weak signal, apparently disguised as background radiation. You successfully track its position, and the captain flies the ship in...
You track the signal to an asteroid the size of a small city, a vast chunk of jagged rock, drifting in space. The faint signal comes from deep inside the asteroid’s rocky surface. Scanning the surface, you see several dark craters left by impacts of smaller rocks. One particularly deep crater holds the dark entrance to a cave or deep crevasse into the asteroid.
Elana: "Hold on tight, I'm going to try to bring us in." It is a little bumpy, as she fumbled the controls slightly, when one of her arms spasmed. "Damnit. I hope the damage isn't serious." (Removed roll cinematic purposes.)

The cavern extends deep into the asteroid. Ahead, lit by the glow of your ship’s lights, is the Corellian corvette Stellar Damsel. There are numerous burn scars on her hull and a lot of damage. The remaining lights on the ship flicker on and off sporadically as you watch. As you draw closer, sensors show that there are still people alive on board, but the Damsel’s power readings have grown very weak.

Calenestel
2010-05-24, 09:30 AM
Bracing against the turbulent approach Degiwa calmly watches the hidden base for signs of opposition or other hazards. It helps her better to keep calm than any amount of meditation. To actually do something.
They are heading into Darkness and danger and as soon as she enters the base she will be in mortal danger. Of course there is no death, only the Force, but would she fall the mission would be a failure and that alone is enough to send her heart racing with anticipation.
There is no emotion, there is Peace, she admonishes herself. But she doesn't stop scanning the base.

Ralasha
2010-05-24, 09:50 AM
There is no base, there is a ship.
In other news: The Golden Eagle lands without further problems, approximately 30 meters from the other ship, when you receive a weak com signal coming from the Stellar Damsel. The man on the com is Guro, the ship’s Sullustan first
mate. The captain died when they came under attack, just before fleeing the sith fleet. He and only a handful of other crew members remain alive.

Guro doesn’t think it likely that the Damsel will be able to make it out of the asteroid field, much less evade any Imperial ships. She’s too badly damaged.

Elana: "We have space suits in the back, go check them out, and see about retrieving the crew."

Calenestel
2010-05-25, 05:29 AM
"Of course..." Well, so far so good. No enemies surrounding the Damsel, no obvious trouble at all, actually, but still an adventure and a half. With a smile that would have given her a scolding by master Enerro if she had seen it the young jedi leaves the bridge and heads for the space suits.

A couple of minutes later she is ready to head over to the Stellar Damsel.

OOC: I seem to have misread the description. Oups. A ship it is then.

Ralasha
2010-05-25, 08:51 AM
As you are checking the suits, you find that when you hit the entrance, half of them were damaged. Elana speaks to you, though you hear nothing; "Don't forget, you'll need to take suits to them, theirs were destroyed. So you might have to make one or two trips."

Calenestel
2010-05-26, 05:46 AM
Looking towards the bridge with a mild sense of surprise, the darkhaired jedi smiles at herself. She should have sensed that. Vowing to be more mindful of her senses and feel, not only think, in the future she opens herself to the Force, using it's currents to "loudly" think a quick "Understood" back at Elana.

Quickly Degiwa then collects all the undamaged spacesuits she could possibly hope to carry and heads over to the Damsel in distress.

Ralasha
2010-05-26, 09:25 AM
Gimme a telepathy Skill check.

Calenestel
2010-05-26, 09:31 AM
OOC:
Heh... Yeah... Maybe should have thought of that eh? :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Soooo... message not received, I guess. :smalltongue:

Ralasha
2010-05-26, 09:38 AM
You fail at telepathy. (This is why I min-max)
In anycase: update:
As you leave the ship:
Suddenly, the asteroid shudders and rumbles slightly. Small pieces of rock break off from the cavern and pelt your ship. From the Damsel, a flock of shadowy forms takes wing and flutters through the darkness toward you. You’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Calenestel
2010-05-27, 12:12 AM
She knows that she didn't succeed in stretching out towards Elana, but since it really didn't matter she simply presses on undaunted. But then the flock of shadows flies of from the other ship. "Oh, sithspit..."

(If able to use lightsaber):
Not liking the situation in the least the young jedi still know her course. The Damsel's crew need her. And the Republic need this to succeed. Shifting her burden to her left arm, she frees her right hand for drawing and igniting her lightsaber. Hoping by the Force that she isn't doing something immensly stupid she then continues on, towards the Damsel and towards the flitting shadows. Calmly she reaches out yet again to her captain, using the Force. "Guns?"

(If unable to use lightsaber):
Definetly not liking the situation in the least Degiwa backs a couple of steps towards her own ship, with renewed efforts she tries to talk to her captain through the Force. "Guns?"

OOC:
I minmax some and use the rest for fluff. :smallwink:
[roll0]

It does, however have it's disadvantages. :smallannoyed: Take ten?

Ralasha
2010-05-27, 11:37 AM
10 it is: You didn't min max. Don't lie, your skills are split.
You manage to get through, though you notice the guns begin moving too early for it to have resulted from your message... which should be expected, after all, the capt's a Miraluka.

The main gun however, seems damagaed, and fires slightly off aim. hitting the wall, which causes another sizable shudder, after which you hear: "Sorry, going to have to use whatever you have on hand. Got a blaster?"

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 12:27 PM
Not bothering with replying again Degiwa shakes her head and ignites her lightsaber. She didn't trust blasters. Crude and just as likely to miss as hit anything. She prefered the elegance of the lightsaber forms. Still, she could use some help in this. As she moved onwards she called on the Force to aid her, strengthening her movements and her aim. She walked briskly and headed straight for the damaged spacecraft, but readied herself to defend herself and her precious load.

Battlemind and Enhance Ability: Dexterity (if there's time and the Space Suit isn't too clumsy (what IS the max dex for the thing, btw?).
[roll0] = +3 atk
[roll1] = squat (the dice aren't very friendly at times :smallwink:

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 12:30 PM
Your battlemind is a success, but your other check: not so much. Might I suggest investing in force feats such as Force Mind, for Battle Meditation? It is not a Max Dex bonus, so much as a Dex Penalty. You should do fine. Lightning fires off from behind you, frying the myloks. Looks like your job got a bit easier... Note to player: don't piss off Elana... it won't be pretty.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 12:52 PM
Smiling slightly as Elana get the turrets working properly she makes a mental note to thank the miraluka when she get back. The laser bolts illumnes the shadowy shapes and exposes them as mynocks. In complete balance the jedi heads straight forward until they come almost close enough to strike. There she stops again, ready to strike down the first pest and hopefully scare of the rest of the beasts.

OOC:
Yeah, I reckoned as much. That was not a good roll.
About feats... I have some plans (two weapon fighting for example) but I might try to squeeze in Force Mind as well. We'll see.
What's my dex penalty right now? And I fight with weapon finesse, so I guess I might take a penalty to my attack...
Mynocks? Bad enough, but you had me really scared for a while. :smallwink:
How many descend on me? And if I ready an attack action when they come near do I get a first strike before rolling for initiative?

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 12:56 PM
Since you are already ready for combat, you can roll initiative now, there are 3 of them. Yes, if you ready you will strike first. The penalty is something I will calculate in for you.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 01:10 PM
Well... I realized something. If it's clumsy she'll just fight with pure strength instead of finesse. So I'll use my strength modifier instead, of course. :smallamused:

Readied action against first mynock to enter threatened area:
[roll0]
[roll1]

First round either against surviving mynock or the next one:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 01:26 PM
Mynok Initiative Rolls:
Two of them are dead.
Mynok three initiative: 13
Your readied action puts you in perfect position. You managed to slice through the first one coming, and follow through on the second one.
third hits you. for 2 damage to your space suit, and begins draining its power.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 01:50 PM
"Ah, sithspit!" On the upside, the darned mynock is going to be easy to hit when it's stuck to her. On the downside, if it ruptures her spacesuit... Shuddering slightly she quickly slices at it with the lightsaber, making sure not to hit herself.

If I fumble this one I'm dead, and that's that. :smalleek:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thank the Force! :smallcool:

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 02:02 PM
You managed not to kill yourself explosively! Congratulation! You can now continue on towards the other ship! (And hope there aren't other mynoks.)

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 02:18 PM
Breathing half a sigh of relief the young jedi continues onward to the Damsel as fast as she can with reasonably safe speed. There might be more mynocks, however, and she doesn't really relax just yet, or extinguish her weapon. The soft blue glow of her lightsaber shining her way.

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 03:05 PM
You find that the Damsel's docking Port is damaged, good thing you brought those space suits. The other good news is that some of their own EV suits survived the attack when they fled. So half of them will be able to head to your ship. Guro the first mate, is carrying a datapad with the stolen information. Their own com tech erased the data from their systems. The First mate, as acting captain decides to remain behind, so that others may go before him.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 03:26 PM
As soon as she's inside and have breathable atmosphere the young jedi extuingishes her weapon, removes her helmet and adresses the commanding officer, the duros named Guro. "Sir, the Golden Eagle is here to get you and the Package to safety. If you would tell your men to suit up and bring a blaster each, please? The place is crawling with mynocks. And I can take that datapad for you. We should get that to safety on the Eagle as soon as possible."

When the men are all suited up she tells the first mate that she'll be back as quickly as possible, reattaches the helmet, fastens the datapad to her suit and grips her extinguished lightsaber firmly again. While moving to the airlock she gives the first group of refugees the sign to follow her and keep a sharp eye about.

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately, they have no weapons, as it would have blown their cover under most circumstances. On the bright side, your trip to the Eagle and your return trip to the Damsel prove rather uneventful, and one or two of them come along in order to bring the other suits.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 03:42 PM
OOC:
Does the Eagle have any weapons close to the airlocks?

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 04:00 PM
Nope, the droids have their installed weaponry, Elana has her weaponry, and you have yours. It's a Mercantile Transport, not a Troop Pod or a Drop Ship.

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 10:40 PM
After bringing the first contingent of the crew safely on board the Eagle Degiwa calls for one volounteer to carry the extra space suits for the remainders left on the Stellar Damsel. After leaving the datapad safely stored in a locker she then heads out again, lightsaber ignited as soon as she steps of the ship.

Ralasha
2010-05-28, 10:51 PM
Half of the Stellar Damsel’s remaining crew has been
transferred over to your ship and you’ve made it back
with their space suits, so the remaining crew members
can suit up. Acting-Captain Guro finishes securing the
helmet of his suit and gives you a thumbs-up sign when
a dull boom rocks the Damsel.
“Another tremor?” a crewman asks, but Guro doesn’t
agree.
“That was no tremor,” he says. “Look!”
You look out the porthole of the Damsel’s airlock to
see several large forms outside. They are clad in sleek
silver and black armor that gleams in the light from your two ships
as they drop into position on the hulls, the mechanized
gauntlets of their armor clenching like metallic
claws. Commandos, the Sith’s most feared soldiers—
and they’ve got both ships in their sights!

Calenestel
2010-05-28, 11:25 PM
"Great... That's really all we need." Removing her helmet again, the young jedi looks to the group around her with only the slightest of hesitation. Should they stay in this halfdestroyed bucket they would die. They might do that heading for the Eagle, or even on board her. But that really is their only chance. She says as much to the others. Wishing they had some weapons to equip the Damsel's crew with she takes a deep breath she takes the lead again. "Right. Let's go. And let's be quick about it." With that she reattaches the helmet and moves to the front. She keeps her lightsaber unactivated now, not wanting to reveal herself, or single herself out needlessly. But she stays ready to activate her weapon at a moments notice.

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 02:12 AM
The commandos begin attempting to board the ships as you make your way between, lightning and blaster fire rolls out of the Eagle as one of them begins attempting to damage its hull. However, all efforts at boarding have thus far proven ineffective. You see one of the droids pop up onto the topside hull and begin exchanging fire with the commando on top.

Calenestel
2010-05-29, 02:52 PM
Admiring Elena's work of keeping her ship secure the darkhaired woman leads the way for the second group of refugees. So far noone of the attackers seem to have given them a second glance and she's actually quite happy with it. She keeps her lightsaber unactivated but ready and heads directly for the entrance to the Eagle, ready to defend her wards but hoping to avoid any hostilities and just run for it. They have nothing to gain by engaging the enemy right now. With the sensitive, and obviously all-important info already in custody and flying a poorly armed merchant vessel they just should run for it.

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 03:06 PM
2 things,
1: the vessel is not poorly armed, if you would look as it you would see that.
2: Those armors would be worth a lot to the republic as well. They could use them to improve their own. But, whatever. You manage to get aboard, And Elana takes off.

You clear the mouth of the cavern just as it collapses
and the entire asteroid is shaken by a powerful tremor.
The tidal forces tear the asteroid apart; sending huge
chunks of rock several times the size of your ship spinning
out in all directions. You swerve and dodge as
flying rocks rush past your ship. Suddenly, the proximity
alarm sounds and a small group of fighters scream
out of space from behind a nearby asteroid. They’re
heading directly toward you, laser cannons blazing!

Calenestel
2010-05-29, 03:10 PM
OOC: Eh...
1: I could always rewrite that part. It was only fluff, and if I was wrong, no biggie. Just a little misunderstanding.
2: Well, how was I supposed to know that OOC if I have no indication of it at all? Give me a hint. :smallwink:

"Fighters? Lovely. Do we have someone manning turrets right now?" She has barely gotten out of the suit and up on the bridge before the pursuit is anounced, but there will be plenty of time to rest later. If they're lucky. Simply put, she's ready.

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 03:14 PM
It is not the GMs job to give you freebies, if you are unsure about something ask, if you don't knwo what to ask about then ask about everything that comes to mind. I don't mind answering questions, so long as they are relevant to the game.

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 03:16 PM
Elana is piloting the ship as best she can to stay clear of their fire, she hits an intercom button, "Oi, Droids, get your asses on those turrets." Then points at you over her shoulder, "You too."

Calenestel
2010-05-29, 03:22 PM
All right, you have a bit of a point. I could have asked.
But still... I didn't think there was anything strange with the sith soldiers. They were just bad guys showing up to further complicate things. I wasn't asking for freebies but a slight, maybe even barely perceptible hint would have been a good thing, really. Otherwise we have a situation where I must ask about everything I encounter every time, slowing the game down even more than by just being a PbP game.
I was actually expecting this encounter to last longer, but because the sith wouldn't let the unarmed people running for the Eagle to get away.

"Well, obviously." With a halfsmile the young woman speeds off to the nearest unmanned turret. She might not be contributing much here either, but at least she was out of the spacesuit.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 03:46 PM
Success, roll attack. 5 rounds till you exit the belt.

Calenestel
2010-05-29, 03:51 PM
Sighing slightly, even now slightly uncomfortable with trying to kill fellow sophonts, Degiwa opens fire on the closest of the fires. She know the necessity, that she is defending herself, the crews and even maybe millions of people in the Republec, but she is trying to kill people who's only crime might simply be that they are at the wrong time, at the wrong time and doing the wrong job.
There is no hesitation to her aiming, though. She does not let her conflicted emotions sway her from her loyalties.

Ranged attack (+4 battlemind, -4 not "proficient" with space transports):
[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-05-29, 03:55 PM
Do you know how much damage a laser cannon does?
2d8.
2 enemy pilots crashed into spiraling meteoric debris.

There is no proficiency, everyone is proficient.

All who join the sith choose to do so. It is their choice, the man who follows evil is evil in deed if not in heart. A man who does nothing is as guilty as the perpetrator.

You hit, the fighter explodes in a flash of light and debris.

Two more of them crash into spiraling chunks of rock from the asteroid that just exploded.