PDA

View Full Version : Out in the Black IC

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-23, 09:10 AM
Welcome players to the Serenity PbP! All things having to do with rolls, or any other such actions please put in spoilers. Keeps the page from getting cluttered.

The crew has finally made it to the city of Beautfort on Paguin after a string of bad luck and a botched job harried them the whole trip. Down to their last couple hundred cred's, they need to find a job and some passengers quick-like or they'll lose more than the ship.

Might I suggest first looking for passengers, seeing as getting passengers while on a job might be... difficult. Also, everyone roll me Alertness+Perception and another Alertness+Perception.

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 09:38 AM
Dane Warrelson strolls through the port of Beautfort. The noise of ships taking of and landing, and the shouting of crews and mechanics going about their work reminding him of his time in the army. Of course, the crowd selling and buying in the port ruins most of the similarity.

alertness + perception:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 10:21 AM
Jaques, after a lengthy trip and not enough autopilot, decided that he had earned some recreational time in a new setting. After quickly mentioning something about finding passengers to the Captain he was off to the huge range of theatres and sideshows that Paguin's Beautfort had to offer.

Who knows, he might even ask someone if they wanted to fly amongst the real stars.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 10:27 AM
Alertness [roll0] + perception [roll1]
Alertness [roll2] + perception [roll3]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-23, 12:35 PM
Lee strolls through the streets, looking for some new parts for the ship, as well as any other interesting things he could find.

First check: [roll0]
Second check: [roll1]

DrakeRaids
2010-05-23, 12:49 PM
Smiles walked along the the dock, looking at each of the ships in turning, her signature grin, warm, happy, and slightly obvious to the world around her. She was a pretty girl, petite, and clad int eh robes of a monk. Her eyes were a deep blue, and her head was shaven completely save a single braid, that accented her strange appearence. There was so much to see and hear, it was nothing like home where everything was quiet and orderly. There was something slightly exhilarating in the chaos of it all, she thought was she weaved between the ships looking for the one that was her boat. The nice man had taken her money up front, but he had promised to give her the best berth on the ship.

It was odd though, the man had said the boat was on dock 3-7. But the sign said there was no 3-7. Must be a misprint, she thought idly as she continued to wander around the dock.

Meh rolls are meh....

[roll0]+[roll1] 5
[roll2]+[roll3] 9

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 01:15 PM
As Jaques was walking towards the theatre district he saw the most curious sight. There was a young woman just shorter than him standing in front of the port map, tracing her finger over port 3-5, and then onto 4-0, with a worried little smile on her clear innocent face. The more curious thing however was the fact that she looked like something out of one of the old karate flicks Jaques enjoyed as a child.

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but Jaques was curious nonetheless. He watched her for a few minutes as she pored over the map looking for her lost dock, then he mustered up his small reserves of courage and tried talking to the girl.

"Qxlgijup?" Jaques spurted out, falling prey to the illness that a lot of men Jaques age succumb to known as foot in mouth desease.

Krennel
2010-05-23, 01:31 PM
Jack sits bolt upright in the gunner seat. Somethin's changed... He thinks to himself, before looking out the turret window. We've touched down. Shiny.
he pulls himself out of the seat and ventures out of the ship, throwing on a brown duster as he goes. The chaose outside is... interesting, if a bit Tian fuhn di fu. He straps his rifle to his leg, thumbing the micro transmitter in his ear. "Goin' out fer a walkabout capin'." He transmits over ship comms.
He sees Jacques making a fool of himself and walks over slowly, his prosthetic leg scrapping the ground as one of the straps comes loose.
He gives Jaques a good smack on the back of the head, hoping it will cause brain function to resume.

Krennel
2010-05-23, 01:34 PM
[roll0] [roll1] Gonna need to raise perception...

DrakeRaids
2010-05-23, 01:41 PM
This was so odd, Smiles thought with confusion. She was certain the man had said 3-7. CERTAIN of it, yet most of the people she had asked about it just ignored her or laughed and walked away. What was she supposed to do? She didn't have any money, and she was sure the man was waiting for her somewhere, she didn't want to make him worry, but he never told her the name of the sip either? How was she supposed to find it now?

However, she was suddenly she was startled out of her reverie by a voice from behind her, that spoke a single unintelligible word. Turning she gave the man behind her a warm grin, he was rather handsome, she realized, though he had a scruffy look about him, he vaguely reminded her of some of the old well worn paintings from the monetary. Slightly faded in places, yet still vivid. And he had a friend! Some fellow with a prosthetic leg it looked like. She bet he was very nice. She wondered if he had stories to tell...She looked him straight in the eyes unabashedly, with posture that had a touch of resignation in it, and a smile that seemed slightly sad. A light yellow sticky note and a pencil seemed to flutter out of her sleeves of their own accord, and with the latter she quickly began to scribble on the former, before handing the note to Jaques gently.

Note:

Hello there friends! :smallsmile:

It seems I've gotten lost. :smallfrown:

Can you tell me where dock 3-7 is? :smalleek:

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 02:10 PM
As Jaques was about to take the note, an unknown entity hit him upside the head, dazed and annoyed Jaques looked round to the burly gunner beside him, rubbing the back of his head with his left hand and reaching out for the note a second time, Jaques took the note, muttering under his voice.

Affter reading the contents of the post-it, Jaques smiled, Curiouser and curiouser, I've never heard of a port 3-7, What were you wanting for it? Um I mean it for, what were you wanting it for?

Jaques smiled at the girl, something he didn't do often enough nowadays, but the faint curve of her lips was as infectious as the loudest laugh to the most inebriated mind.

Devixer
2010-05-23, 02:15 PM
After he confirmed that all of his crew was taking leave, Chris was taking a look around the ship, making sure everything was shiny upon landing. Normally, he'd be leaving this to Lee, but the mechanic had other plans. Softly cursing in German about his crew's laziness, he found no malfunctions in the Hammer. He walked off himself, leaving his rifle in the hold, but taking his knife with him.

Alertness1:[roll0]
Alertness2:[roll1]

Krennel
2010-05-23, 02:21 PM
"There you go, get that thing some exercise." Jack laughs.
He crosses his arm as he considers the girl.
"Some lurn shwei jah jwohn musta' found her and conned her. Probably Jayne. Sounds like it's time for a visit."
He walks away, but doesn't get very far. He apologizes as he bumps into Dane walking down the street.

DrakeRaids
2010-05-23, 02:23 PM
Smiles expression flashed through several different forms extremely quickly, as his words settled in. At first she was just glad to find someone who was willing to help her and listen, he seemed friendly and nice, and a brief flicker hope lit up her eyes before fading almost as fast. He had never heard of the dock either; but maybe he wasn't from here. That could be it! She didn't want to think she had been tricked, she thought as her face fell, frustration, then worry tightening her face. She shouldn't worry though, she had faith and such trivial things would be provided for she realized shaking her head ruefully. This would all work itself out...

With another flourish another note shifted out of her sleeve, upon which she scribbled another message, the hope plain in her open eyes.

Note:

Its where my ship is! I'm on a pilgrimage to see the 'verse. :smallbiggrin:

But now I can't find the dock- I hope they don't leave without me. :smalleek:

The man said his name was John Doe. Maybe you know him? :smallfrown:

Maybe you could help me find the ship? :smallsmile:

And who is Jane? Does she have my money? :smallconfused:

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 02:34 PM
Jaques took the note politely, reading the contents twice slowly, just to make sure he wasn't misreading the girls neat squiggles. He wasn't. John Doe was the main character out of Super Fun Friends, a show Jaques watched when he was a kid, the guy was probably laughing whilst spending all of this girls money on booze and hookers. Jaques smiled in a way that was best described as a curving of the lips, since his eyes really weren't in it.

"Well, lets have a look shall we, and if we see this, um,
Mr Doe we could talk to him, see if he wouldn't mind doing something about all the trouble he's given you. Whilst we're at it you can tell me exactly what he looks like eh? I'm Jaques, by the way, Jaques Valiante."

He started walking, his sense of direction in this newish town far less dependable than his already shaky sense of chivalry.

DrakeRaids
2010-05-23, 03:01 PM
Smiles nodded happily at his suggestion to go looking for Mr. Doe. She was sure this was all just some mistake! Once they found him they could work all of this out, she was just lucky she had found such a nice person to help her out, she didn't know what she would have done otherwise... Reaching into the depths of her mind she tried to remember what the man had looked like as she scribbled on another note before handing it to Jaques as they walked.

Note: Thank you! My name is Lui Shang, but you everyone just calls me Smiles. :smallsmile:

The man wasn't very tall, he had dark hair, and I didn't see his eyes, he never seemed to look right at me. I met him on the docks, he said it was his ship, but while I went looking for it he went on into town. He looked like he'd been through alot. Thin and kinda bony, with brown and green cloths. :smallannoyed:

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:11 PM
By this time Dane Warrelson passes by. He's clearly found something to cheer himself up with, carrying a large bottle of something that most people would think twice of drinking, even out here.
The bottle is already half empty, and Dane is humming a mix of two tunes at the same time, mixing the lyrics.
The first being the local song "Molly had a pretty skirt" and the second the core planet recreation tour ad jingle "Everyone wants to go there" which makes for a rather special lyrical content

He's trenchcoat has seen better days and his black hair is a dirty mess that hangs down and hides his eyes

Krennel
2010-05-23, 03:18 PM
Jack stops after bumping into Dane, and brushes him off a bit.
"Sorry sir, wasn't looking where I was going." He says, standing up right and offering his hand. "Jack Thompson, I'll be happy to pay for cleaning you coat, i go a lot of grease on it. I work in a star ship, so it's unavoidable." He quickly wipes the offered hand on a rag in his duster, simply smearing it.

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:21 PM
"No need to worry, mr Thompson, it was just as dirty before we met." he smiles a polite smile as he switches the bottle over in his left hand and takes Jacks hand
"Dane Warrelson... Care for a drink?"

Krennel
2010-05-23, 03:25 PM
Jack grabs the bottle and takes a swig, handing it back.
"I ain't allowed to drink on Hammer. Booze and a ship's gunner don't mix well."

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:28 PM
"I see. What about drinking of ship and then I'll help you return back on it?" he takes a sip from the bottle
"Of course, we'll get something better than this one, I'm only indiscriminate of what I drink when I drink alone"

Krennel
2010-05-23, 03:32 PM
Jack looks over his shoulder, back at Jaques and the girl.
"I like your offer. I hope you don't mid I we stay close to two... friends of mine. One got conned by the looks of it, lookin' for dock 3-7 or some such, and the other is my ship mate. They don't handle trouble well. We can pick somethin' stronger up on the way, I got plenty of cash." He transfers his weight to his prosthetic left leg, flashing his carbine for a split second under the long brown coat.

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:35 PM
"They're welcome to join in as well. Especially since there will be no dock 3-7 until they start seeing double" he looks at the others

Krennel
2010-05-23, 03:37 PM
Jack walks back over to the two.
"Come on Jaques, let's go fer a drink. We'll figure out how to help your friend while we're at it."

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:39 PM
"My lady, mr.." he bows a full courtly bow towards both of them, almost tipping over, but regaining the balance at the very last moment, narrowly preventing to fall over them

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 03:40 PM
Jaques took the third note, read it, then placed the three of them together and put them in his pocket. The description was shady of course. He had already pretty much given up hope before the guy was described, small weaselly men were two for a cred if you knew where to find them, and if Jaques had learnt anything in his short stint in the border planets, it was where to find slippery folk, and it was usually near slippery drinks, which meant a bar. Shiny. There was no way Jaques could go into a bar looking for money, his face would end up facing the wrong way for starters.

He turned to the girl.

"Look, this guy Doe? He's a swindler, he's stolen your money and you're never going to see him again, I'm really sorry, but it's gone, how about I buy you a nice coffee and I speak to you about this, maybe you could fly with us?"

At least, he had planned to say that, it came out as:

"I'm sure we'll find him, if he's not around here, maybe he stopped off for a drink? Everything's going to be alright, Okay?"

Cursing himself for not being able to crush the girls heart he walked on, looking half heartedly at the ships, three more to check, then a quick 'pretend' look around a couple of taverns, then he'd have to tall her the truth.

"Come on Jaques, let's go fer a drink. We'll figure out how to help your friend while we're at it."

Jaques looked over and shouted some sort of agreement, then looked back at Smiles, smiling as usual, and repeated:

We'll figure it out, don't worry."

And smiled back at her.

Krennel
2010-05-23, 03:45 PM
Jack comes up next to Jaques, "Don't wander off. Border worlds are a bad place to get lost. I'm only gonna have a beer or two, so I'll be right as rain if there is any trouble. I'm thinkin' we just got ourselves two passengers."
He turns back to Dane. "Know any good places?"

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 03:50 PM
"There's this really cozy place not far from here that has some of the best strippers in the area" he looks at the girl
"On second thought, I would be pleased to accompany everyone to "The Navigator" which is a high class establishment where even the most proper ladies can enjoy a drink in good company"

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 03:55 PM
Jaques looked at the man who currently reminded him so much of his brother, hitting him and calling him tiger-lily, then flat out telling him that he was there for protection. It was both comforting and jarringly nostalgic at the same time.

"I doubt Lui Shang has much, if any money on her, but maybe she can pay in other ways?..."

The awkward silence that followed was lit by Jaques face burning like a rasberry as his words all tried to get out of his mouth at once.

"I meant, she could- Oh my god I'm sorry, I didn't mean you would, I meant you could cook, or something, cause I know not all women cook, though if you like cooking that's fine, becau-

You know what, a drink sounds really good right now."

Burning with embarrassment, Jaques followed Dane and Jack to the pub with smiles.

DrakeRaids
2010-05-23, 03:59 PM
Smiles nodded sagely at Jaques words. Before she was starting to think she had been tricked, but Jaques seemed to know more about the whole business then she did, so she trusted him. If he said that everything was going be alright, it probably would, in fact, she mentally rebuked herself for having doubted Mr. Doe. And at the moment, his offer at a drink seemed to good to be true, she'd been walking around for close to three hours now. Something to cool her down would be nice...

Returning Danes bow with a graceful one of her own she smiled broadly at each of Jaques friends. They where so friendly, though they seemed to be walking a little oddly too. Where they sick? Her posture and grin bespoke a touch of cunsion, but she did seemed to be having fun, in her own, odd little way. Jack kept acting funny. What was wrong? Did she do something? She quickly scribbled out two more notes, handing one to Jaques and another to Jack as she followed them around.

Note to Jaques: I'd love a drink! But shouldn't you introduce me to your friends? :smallsmile:

And I'm sure I could help out around you're ship if we can't find Mr.Doe. Would your captain be o.k with that? :smallbiggrin:

Note to Jack: Don't worry about me, I'm good at taking care of myself :smallsmile:

But whats wrong with Jaques. Does he always act like this?:smallconfused:

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 04:02 PM
"Young mister, I believe you should work on the exact wording of the delivery of your proposals" he clearly has trouble with making coherent sentences
"I apologize for not having introduced myself: Captain Dane Warrelson, 314th Armed Brigade." he takes another sip and his smile fades for a while but returns when he continues
"And I want all of you to be my guests today. Don't worry about the payment. I have a long wonderful tab at "The Navigator"

Krennel
2010-05-23, 04:03 PM
Jack looks over his shoulder as he takes the note. "He's a bit tongue tied is all. We haven't seen a proper woman in a very long time. Honestly, I'm not sure whether he's worse or better than normal."
Jack chuckles a bit at his own joke, which coming out sounds rather dry and un funny.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 04:06 PM
Jaques took the note, read it and placed it with the others, and said quietly to smiles

"This is Jack Thompson, he's the uhh, protection, his hearing's fried so if you were anyone else I'd tell you to speak up, that's Captain Dane Warrelson, 314th Armed Brigade, apparently,

He's drunk"

Jaques added.

Narmoth
2010-05-23, 04:09 PM
"Well, former captain it seems..." he empties the bottle and puts it down on the ground
"So if you please to follow me..." he motions towards a large steel and glass tower standing out amidst the landing pads

Krennel
2010-05-23, 04:10 PM
"What's that?" Jack puts his hand to his ear, and laughs some more.
I'm Hammer's gunner. I keep the pirates from getting us out in the black."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-23, 04:12 PM
"Not that we get any, this close to the border planets, it's usually pretty safe, oh, and I'm the Pilot, by the way."

Jaques said hurredly.

Devixer
2010-05-23, 04:17 PM
Chris, not having met anyone or taken any detours, sat at the bar in the "Navigator," a supposedly high-falootin' joint to get roaring drunk. 'Course, he doubted if it was so grand if a guy like him was allowed in (though that might have just been his clothing, which was a mite nicer than most Border folk.) While Chris had never really liked the taste or effects of alcohol, he figured a place like this was a place to at least get some tea, no matter how many weird looks he got.

Krennel
2010-05-23, 04:32 PM
Jack walks up to the door man, heading straight for the door and paying him no heed. He holds the door open for his friends.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Sweet, we're in!

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-23, 07:27 PM
Lee, meanwhile, had picked up the few miscellaneous parts he needed to keep the Hammer in good upkeep, then turned to see if he could find the others.

Knowing them, they're probably all off getting drunk while they can. Maybe I should see if they make any of those fancy shots that are fire around here." Lee thought to himself for a moment. "Hmm, come to think of it, probably not. This place doesn't seem the type for fancy flaming drinks. Oh well, I guess I'll just take these back to the ship, then go off to find the others."

Krennel
2010-05-23, 07:46 PM
Jack slides up next to Chris. "Hey cap'n. Looks like we picked ourselves some straglers. the girl is silent, got conned out of all her money by somebody, but it's all shiny.
The other, I think he's, or was, Alliance. Your call, but he's a good guy so far."
Jack looks around. That gorram mechanic still in his precious engine room? Better get him out here so we don't all go up in flames at take off.
Jack thumbs his micro transmitter, his voice blasts through the ship about the time Lee opens the doors of Hammer.
"Lee stop playing with your bombs afore you run afoul of the things. We're in a bar called The Navigator. And bring the doc with yah, thinkin' we may be needing him."

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-23, 07:54 PM
Hearing the voice on the loudspeaker, Lee sighed to himself as he put down the assorted parts in the engine room. "Hoo boy, I hope they haven't gotten in too much trouble that they need the doctor. Where is he anyway? Lee asked as he looked around for John, just realizing that the doctor never left the ship.

Devixer
2010-05-23, 10:07 PM
Chris took a long gulp of his tea. Setting it down, he said, "We don't pick up passengers who can't find the means for payin', Jack. If the girl can find something other than credits to help us, that's shiny.

"Bring the alliance guy on. As long as he's got the credits and ain't too vocal about his beliefs I'll allow him on the boat."

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 01:20 AM
Dane Warrelson takes of his trench coat by the entrance and sits down at the and motions for the personnel to come to him to take his order. He actually wears a rather decent looking, although a bit worn suit underneath.
"So, where are you going anyway?" he turns to Jack.

Krennel
2010-05-24, 01:37 AM
Jack shrugs at the question."We run a slavager. Got a few non standard appliances. We take on the jobs that present themselves. In this case that's lookin' to be passengers, so where ever you want.
Might be we get a job, or have one now, but I ain't cap'n, so I don't rightly know."

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 06:40 AM
Smiles gives the bouncer a grin that could metal iron as they walk into the 'The Navigator' looking around with undisguised interest. This was her first time in a bar, though none of them knew that. The smell of food was making her stomach growls though, and she was still thirsty. Smiles gave no outward sign of her discomfort though, carrying on genially as ever.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 07:05 AM
Jaques looked around quickly, taking in his surroundings with his one eye, it was the type of pub his father would have drunk at, a high fallutin' pub. Jaques wasn't sure whether that was a good or a bad thing, but if the drunk officer was telling the truth about paying, then Jaques was game.

"I'll pick up the first round shall I? Jack, you'll have your usual, right? what would you like, Smiles?"

He looked over his left shoulder, to better see Smiles stood there.

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 07:30 AM
"No, no, no... I beg your pardon, mr, but I said I would pay" Dane Warrelson proclaims from his seat

SirTalen
2010-05-24, 07:56 AM
John had been woken by the slight jolt as Hammer had touched down. He didn't think he'd ever get used to the change in day/night cycles in the black to those on planet. But he still didn't get up, he just lay in his bunk with his thoughts.
Sally. Why do I miss her so much. She cheated on you John, you trusted her and she lied to you and betrayed you.
Rising from the bunk he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and went over to the basin to splash some cold water on his face. That's when he saw the hideous scars across his face. Wonder if I'll ever get used to them. That's her fault too. tracing his finger across the lumpy raised purple lines Certainly ain't my best work. Get a grip John, Sally's gone, you were a fool, time to get on with your life. I suppose I aught to restock the medical supplies while we're in port.
John heads to the medical lab, though it's little more than table and medicine storage at the moment, and begins to make a list of everything he needs. These people have taken me in and are doin' their best to make me feel like family. I should stop tryin' to avoid them so much.
As he's leaving the ship he runs into Lee, forcing a grin he gives a friendly wave. "Oh hey, you been outside yet? I was just about to go and stock up on supplies if I can find anything."

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-24, 08:29 AM
"Yeah, I've been outside. The town's got some interestin' stuff, but you'll have time to look at it in a bit. The others apparently need you over at some pub called the "Navigator." I can't say what they want, and I hope it's not anything too serious, but ya never know out here." Lee says as he meets up with John. "C'mon, we better get going if we want to meet the others on time."

SirTalen
2010-05-24, 08:47 AM
"Surely they cant've gotten themselves into trouble already, We only just got 'ere." John says with a smile. "Alright then, you lead the way."

SirTalen
2010-05-24, 09:41 AM
Forgot about my perception checks:
[roll0]+[roll1]
[roll2]+[roll3]

Krennel
2010-05-24, 10:33 AM
"And I said I'll pay." Jack looks around.
The people don't look like much, but hopefully one will put up a good fight.

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 10:49 AM
A waiter in a blue suit with white ornaments approaches the table
"Yes sir, what would you like to order?"

"For me - my usual..." he looks at the rest
"And you?"

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 10:52 AM
Jaques looked at both Dane and Jack, put away the wallet he had started to draw and sat down in a comfy armchair.

"Whoever pays for it I'll have the bitter."

Looking over to Smiles, Jaques repeated his earlier question.

"What would you like Smiles?"

Devixer
2010-05-24, 11:15 AM
Chris approachs the table that held his crew and the supposed stragglers. He grabs an empty chair from a nearby table, seeing as all of 'em were taken, and sits down next to Jaques. Thinking for a few seconds, he says "Iced Tea."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 11:31 AM
Jaques looked at the captain, wondering what kind of a man he really was, what kind of monstrous things had he done, what tortuous things his life had inflicted upon him, what could have possibly driven a man to order tea above beer was beyond him.

"Seen anything interesting Captain? We could do with a job, though now I think about it, I can't remember the last time I stood on a surface so ... still."

Devixer
2010-05-24, 11:44 AM
Chris scoffs. "On the gypsy planet? Machst mir nicht lachen. I'm still surprised I haven't been seperated from all my cash yet. To answer your question, though, no, I haven't seen anything that might pander to us." He took a glance at the silent chick and the apparent Alliance representative. "And I suppose these are our prospects for taggin' along? Introduction time. Name's Chris, captain of this fine crew you see."

The English translation for the second sentence Chris says is "Don't make me laugh."

Krennel
2010-05-24, 01:21 PM
Jack looks up at the waiter. "Bring me a bottle of Bailey's. I'm feeling green tonight."

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 01:26 PM
"Dane Warrelson, former Colonel of the Alliance" he reaches out his hand

The waiter takes the orders down and looks at the rest

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 02:56 PM
Smiles gave the crew a grin that could melt a heart of iron as she settled into the seats with a silent sigh of pleasure, her eyes fluttering slightly as she leaned into it and rested her legs. It was good to sit down, she thought as she examined each of the ship crew, while giving the drunk officer an odd look. She didn't know much about the alliance, but she had a hard time believing it could have conquered so much if all their officers where like that.

Putting a post it note on the table, in plain sight for all to see, she began to scribble with one hand while she gave the kitchen a forlorn glance. She was thirsty, and she didn't want to push her luck, but the food smelled wonderful. What was it? As soon as she finished her note for the group, she passed another one discreetly to Jaques.

Group Note: Hello friends! :smallsmile:

My name is Lui Shang but my friends call me Smiles. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you for offering to let me stay on your ship but I already bought a berth on ship. Jaques was just helping me find that ships captain. I lost him. :smalltongue:

Jaques' Note: I'd like some of that tea your captian got, and maybe some food to? Sorry to be a bother. :smallredface:

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 03:05 PM
"Um... about that, young lady..." Dane tries to straighten himself up, which he manages rather well
"I'm afraid there might be an issue with that..." he actually manages to sit straight and get a serious look on his face, not showing that he's drunk
"I'm sorry to tell you that there is no landing platform 3-7. Are you sure that was the platform the ship was supposed to be on?"

Krennel
2010-05-24, 03:07 PM
"We found her lookin' for dock 3-7. Poor girl's been duped. Jaques is havin' trouble gettin past the pretty to tell 'er."

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 03:09 PM
Smiles nodded brightly as she vigorously scratched out another note. There was no dock 3-7, she had realized that by now, so that meant the man had simply told her wrong. It was a slip of the tongue most likely, and once they found him they would work everything out, she thought. But then Jack said something about being duped, but that asn't possible. Why would the man had lied to her? If he had needed money she would have just gave it to him; there was no need to try and take it like that, she thought as she pressed the next note on the table.

Note: Oh I know. I'm sure he just misspoke, once we find Mr.Doe everything will work itself out. :smallsmile:

What do you mean 'Duped?' :smalleek:

Narmoth
2010-05-24, 03:19 PM
"Easy there Jack..." he then smiles at Smiles
"Unfortunately, Mr. Thompson here might be right. I can help you report this to the port authorities as well as filing a standard insurance claim"

Krennel
2010-05-24, 03:20 PM
Jack sighs.
"As the cap'n said, this is the gypsy world, and there are all manner a folk who would like nothin more than for you to be parted with yer money."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 03:21 PM
Jaques took the note politely, read it and stuck it neatly to the others, then back into his pocket. He asked the waiter discreetly for some food and tea, when Jack and Dane started talking about the port 3-7 problem.

"Hey, I'm just being kind, you don't have to put it so bluntly!"Turning to Smiles he said "I'm sorry, but what they're saying is true, the guy was looking for your money, but we're looking out for you, though you'll probably never see him again, if you like you can run with us for a while, maybe even earn yourself some more money? That's what duped means, to steal money by lying to people."

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 03:41 PM
Listening to the unfolding conversation with a grim look in her eyes, Smiles nodded slowly as it became clear what had happened. She was more disappointed then upset. She nodded a thanks to Jaques as the food and tea arrived, and while she sipped at the tea she only poked at the meal. Somehow she had lost her appetite. It didn't make sense for someone to steal what could be freely given... It was insane. Sighing she began to write another note and settling it on the table.

Note: But Jaques... You said we'd find him and that everything would be alright... :smallfrown:

I guess it doesn't matter, I'm sure I can make myself useful on your boat! :smallsmile:

That will be o.k right? Even if I have no money? :smallfrown:

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 03:47 PM
Jaques took the post-it with a smile, then read it and his face fell just a little bit, he folded it up and put it with the other post-its.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I wanted to find him, give him a piece of my mind too but it doesn't look like we'll find him now, he's probably on a ship halfway to earth-that-was. But believe me when I say this: I didn't lie when I said everything was going to be alright, you'll come with us, we'll teach you things and you'll be useful, we'll have fun...

I'm sorry for lying, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings."

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-24, 03:49 PM
From a table across the room, an old feeble looking man stands up. He slowly makes his way to the table, being supported by a young but rundown looking woman, and clears his throat trying to get the Thompson's attention but ends up with a coughing fit.

Once the coughing dies down, he says "Excuse me, I don' mean to interrupt, but I couldn' help overhearin' that ya'll are lookin' for a job?"

Krennel
2010-05-24, 03:53 PM
Beofre the man comes Jack says. "I'll pay your way for a while if need be."
once the man aproaches Jack turns to him, his left hand going for his carbine, his head facing to the right. He thumbs the strap open on his leg.
"What do you have in mind?"

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-24, 04:07 PM
"Well, I'm the proprietor of this here bar, and tonight I'll be hostin' this up 'n comin' band known as The Trainwreck. Now, as their name implies, they don't attract they nicest and most friendly like fans when they play, but" *cough* "they know how to play. All I need is some folks to keep the peace after the bands performance. The last venue they played at burned down thanks to a riot those kids riled up. I'm willin' to pay a hundred cred's for a night's work. You folks up to it?"

If interested, roll a Willpower+Influence/Fast-talk, a Willpower+Influence/Persuasion, or a Willpower+Discipline. Whatever you feel is your best bet. Please tell me which one you are rolling.

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 04:14 PM
This was something she could help with! Keeping the peace would be easy work, she would just have to be careful not to hurt anyone to much. Maybe if she helped with this she wouldn't need to take Jacks money to get a berth on the ship, and everything would be fine after all. Smiles, beaming, began to write on a sticky note happily and pressed it towards the middle of the table for everyone to see. Things where really looking up...

Note: If I help you all with this maybe that could pay for my berth? I could even stay stay in the cargo hold if I have too. :smallsmile:

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-24, 04:22 PM
Jaques read the note, frowning lopsidedly, because it was upside down, then looked at Smiles.

"You sure you want to help, this doesn't really sound like easy money, might be some fighting involved, you sure you're okay with that? We won't make you sleep in the cargo hold either way."

He then rubbed his eye wound through the bandana covering it, it was getting itchy quite a lot lately, especially when he was nervous, and fights always made him a little nervous, but he would keep up appearances, even if it were only because a lady was present.

Krennel
2010-05-24, 04:23 PM
Jack stands up, his Han siding from the carbine as he face the man. "Surely you can spare a hunerd and twenty for a place like this." he says with a bit of force, trying to get a bit more money out of the man.
willpower and discipline to get the price uped. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-24, 04:38 PM
The old man looks through his glasses at Jack. "Look here, kid. If I had the extra cred's to hand out, I would offer more. Things have been gettin' pretty tight 'round here lately. Tell you what, you accept the job 'n do are decent enough at it, I have a feelin' you'll be getting another shortly after."

Krennel, your +2 step only comes into play when using interrogation, not intimidation.

Krennel
2010-05-24, 04:58 PM
"Fine by me, but I'm gonna hafts let the cap'n decide."
U can't check the book now, but first, it's calle intimidatin' manner, and secod, you let me use it to get into here. I'll check the exact text in about a half hour to an hour, but I THINK you are wrong.

SirTalen
2010-05-24, 04:58 PM
It's about now when John hurries into the bar looking around for his crew and anyone who maybe wounded. Seeing the others he walks over to them.
"Lee said you were needin' me." Seeing the old man he says "Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt. I'm ships doctor, John. They said I was needed so I thought someone might've been injured"

DrakeRaids
2010-05-24, 05:17 PM
Smiles nodded at that, she had no real issue if she was fighting for a good cause, and protecting this mans property from a band of brigand seemed rather straightforward. Smiles was good at straightforward, and she was oddly eager to show her new friends she wasn't useless, 'specially after being tricked so easily like that.

I'll be fine, and I can fight if I have to. Don't worry about me, I just want to be able to help out. :smallsmile:

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-24, 05:22 PM
Krennel, you're right. I was just looking at your character sheet where it says '+2 step to willpower/interrogation' and went with it. My bad. (You still got the roll though. :smallbiggrin:)

Devixer
2010-05-24, 06:30 PM
"Smiles, was it? It's great that you want to help with security, but you're going to have to find other ways to help as well. That alone won't replace credits." Chris looked at the proprietor. "Doesn't sound too hard. We'll take the hundred."

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-24, 06:53 PM
"What's up, everyone?" Lee says as he meets up with the rest of the group entering the bar. "I brought the doc, like you asked. Who's the new girl?" He said, taking a look at Smiles. "Has anyone found a job for us yet?"

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-24, 07:03 PM
"Thank you for acceptin' the offer. The names Renald, by the way. Renald Jensen."

Renald looks over at the women supporting him and nods. The women pulls out one hundered cred's and lays it on the table.

"The band will be playing tonight at 8. Please take a seat at the table in front of the stage before the place begins to fill. I 'spect the band'll have it's flock here 'for 7, so best get prepared now. Lay it low. I don't want a fuss unless the crowd looks like it's a bit to have a fit."

With that, Renald and the women slowly walk off, most likely to prepare for the night.

Alright, you're all free to do as you please. Whenever you're ready to get the next leg of the adventure going, just give me the thumbs up.

Devixer
2010-05-24, 07:19 PM
"Alright. Anyone goin' back to the boat? We might need all our weapons here. Drunk folk don't scare so easily."

Krennel
2010-05-24, 07:30 PM
I'm locked and loaded cap'n. And, I gotta ask, are we related? The last name and all..."

Devixer
2010-05-24, 07:36 PM
Chris sighed. "Jack, you ask me this every month, and I've even checked the Cortex for ya. No, we're not related."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 09:35 AM
Jaques sat back deeply into his chair, sipping lightly at his cool bitter, gearing himself up mentally for a fight. Being slightly drunk would help of course, but he had never truly been in a fight before, though he had seen a few, they were inevitable when you looked for work in mangy bars. This was the first time he had actually had to join one, though there were very few reasons better than money. He felt the revolver at his hip, the revolver he had fired exactly six times, at a target fifty metres away, hitting it twice, he had felt proud then, of his purchase, but he didn't have the guts to shoot a man unless he really deserved it. The fire axe he kept on the ship for emergencies was probably a better bet, though he didn't want to hurt anyone badly, maybe if he stood menacingly with it no-one would be stupid enough to attack him? That seemed like the best choice, with the back of the axe for the real idiots. He went out to get his axe, asking as he went:

"Anyone else need anything from the ship?"

SirTalen
2010-05-25, 11:39 AM
"Yeah I do, but I was also wanting to get some more medical supplies so I'll grab my rifle when I drop those off back at the ship."

Narmoth
2010-05-25, 11:58 AM
"So... you're going to be armed security for the concert? Isn't that a bit overkill?"

Krennel
2010-05-25, 12:01 PM
"Ain't nothin wrong with it. We gotta gun, they're less likely to try an mess with us."

SirTalen
2010-05-25, 12:04 PM
"If there's gonna be trouble I want my rifle. Hope I don't have to use it but I want that option. You can be gorram sure they'll have shooters." John leaves to buy supplies and get his gun. he'll meet back with the others in a couple of hours.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 12:09 PM
Jaques goes with him, for company, and to get his axe.

Devixer
2010-05-25, 02:21 PM
"If you're going on the ship, Jaques, could you get my rifle? I left it on a crate in the lower hold."

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-25, 03:14 PM
"Is there anything I should do, cap'n?" Lee says looking over to Chris. "I mean, I'm not much use in a fight when you don't want folks splattered all over the walls. Unless you want me to pick up some of my smoke grenades, or maybe flashbangs? Riot control, that sort of thing. Otherwise, I'll just keep the ship from falling apart while you're taking care of business here." Lee stands and waits for Chris' response.

Narmoth
2010-05-25, 03:19 PM
"Sure... Smoke in a closed space won't give you anny panic to handle." Dane sighs
"What you want is stun batons and shackles."

DrakeRaids
2010-05-25, 03:31 PM
All this talk of guns and killin' made Smiles noticeably uncomfortable, but they had seemed like good people. She didn't think they would go off killin' just because they thought it would be fun. And she said she would help them, and she would, they'd keep this place from going down in flames easy, and hopefully keep anyone from getting hurt.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 03:40 PM
Jaques returned ten minutes later with the items requested, though the large rifle was unwieldy and he had no idea where the safety was, or if it even had one.

It probably didn't.

He gave it to the captain, the fie axe he put down next to his chair, which he then sat in. Taking his half full pint in hand he said:

"What about the band, do we think they're gonna be alright?"

He then took a sip of his now flat beer, not nearly as enjoyable as it was quarter of an hour ago, and the reason wasn't the fact it was now warm.

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-25, 04:05 PM
The proprietor of the bar staggered over, a look of disbelief and unhappiness on his face.

"What are you thinkin' of doin' with all those fireworks?! I'm not askin' ya to raid a gorram Reaver ship! Ya expecting the patrons ter be armed to the teeth? They'll be here to watch a show, not start a gorram war! I'll tell ya'll right now, I ain't wantin' you gang to be sittin' in front of the stage with all these here weapons of war. You have a show of force like that, and you'll be askin' for a mass panic!"

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 04:22 PM
Jaques looked at the unhappy man, then looked at his crew mates, all holding some murderous contraption or other, then put the axe away, apologising to the barkeep, and feeling sorry for his final loss of a barrier between him and actual fighting.

Devixer
2010-05-25, 04:33 PM
Chris was a little annoyed, but saw the proprietor's point. Besides, the employer was always right. "You know, you're right. We ain't gonna need all this stuff, A bunch of drunks aren't gonna pose a threat. But not all of us are handy with our fists, so we're gonna keep some of this stuff. I'll take my rifle back, and anything else we feel we should relinquish." Chris made sure the safety of his weapon was on. It was in an unusual spot, next to the sight as opposed to the trigger. He stood up, looking at his crew.

"Jaques, I'm gonna need your axe. I'll see if I can't run into John, tell him not to bring firepower. Lee, you come with me to the ship, keep it running. Try not to light something on fire this time."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 04:36 PM
Jaques relinquished his axe to the captain, he was never going to kill anyone with it, just knock them out.

"Just gonna have to rely on my winning personality then"

Jaques grinned.

Devixer
2010-05-25, 04:42 PM
"Jaques, if you're uncomfortable with this, you can always go back to the Hammer. We all know you're a better pilot than a fighter."

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-25, 04:48 PM
Jaques wasn't a fighter it was true, but being on the Hammer knowing that his friends were in danger, or at least could be in danger, was worse than getting smacked around a bit. Well actually it didn't sound that bad, but Jaques still wanted to stay, if only because he felt he had a little something to prove.

"Nah, I'll stay, if only to serve as backup."

Devixer
2010-05-25, 04:52 PM
"Alright, if you're sure about it. Lee, you're coming with me to the boat." Chris shouldered his rifle, and carried the axe just under its blade, so that the handle was behind his arm. He headed out of the bar, hoping the doc wasn't too far.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-25, 05:33 PM
Got it, Boss.says Lee as he follows the captain out of the bar.

Krennel
2010-05-25, 06:58 PM
"I just thought of somethin the girl can do on board! If she don't mind prettyin the place up a bit. We could use a maid."
He moves to the table and sits down, pouring two shots of Baileys. One he drinks then and there, the other he lets sit.

DrakeRaids
2010-05-25, 08:52 PM
Smiles was rather happy to see some of the guns leaving the room, a sigh of relief, barely audible, exiting her lips. The anticipation for this job was worrying her more then anything, she just wanted everything to happen already so it could be over with! Besides, she hadn't seen her boat yet. She began scribbling a note in response to Jacks suggestion enthusiastically, using the idea to take her mind of the tension in the air.

You mean like normal chores and such like cleaning and washing? :smallconfused:

I did that all the time as a novice at the temple.:smalltongue:

I'll be happy to keep the boat ship shape. :smallsmile:

Devixer
2010-05-25, 11:10 PM
Chris, now outside the pub, takes out his Commpack, which is currently linked to the ship's communications. "Hey John, if you're on deck, the employer doesn't want any firearms for this job. Jack's still got his, but I intend to change that."

Narmoth
2010-05-26, 12:28 AM
Dane turns to Jack "So, where are you usually traveling? Any set route or is there a lot of change?"

Krennel
2010-05-26, 12:52 AM
"I ain't been with 'em long. We take jobs when they're around. We always have some fun with it though, good group of people." Jack pours another pair of baileys shots and hands one to Dane. "Good luck ritual on my part. You drink te second when the job is done."

Narmoth
2010-05-26, 01:18 AM
"Are you sure that inviting a not sober person to help out with security is a good idea?"

Krennel
2010-05-26, 01:29 AM
"No, but I think having a scary lookin ex fed sittin next to a very scary ex smuggler with a murder wrap will scare any no goods straight. That reminds me..."
Jack thumbs the transmitter, this time to the captain.
"The thought occurs captain, a real official like thought, if we wanna keep the rim bound fans of a group called trainwrek from bringin' in guns, we may wanna ask if we can frisk 'em at the door."

Narmoth
2010-05-26, 01:33 AM
dane turns to the captain
"You should probably fire up a gun scanner then, as you don't have the time to check for concealed weapons" then back to Jack
"By the way, I've never been a fed. I served in the army"

Krennel
2010-05-26, 01:37 AM
"Who scan the ships, who find the guns, who arrest the smugglers, who are the Feds." Jacksays in a sing song voice, swinging the bottle bak and forth, never drinking.
"I've got some cash, Maybe we can get some new tech handheld gun scanner."

Narmoth
2010-05-26, 01:40 AM
"You're thinking of the navy. The ones with the fancy ships. I served in the trenches... With all the mud and dying."
he drinks up
"I think we could get a used scanner for a fair price not very far from here"

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-26, 07:08 AM
If you want to find a gun scanner, give me a 1d20 before you take off for it. Also give me an Alertness+Perception and then throw in any modifiers you think apply to finding an item.

Narmoth
2010-05-26, 07:41 AM
d20 [roll0]
Alertness+Perception [roll1]
Knowledge [roll2] should be a bonus to find a shop in a port he has been some time

Devixer
2010-05-26, 01:08 PM
Chris thought about Jack's idea. He liked it, but he wasn't sure if he had the manpower to frisk a rabid group of Rim folk. He changed the link on his Commpack to Jack's transmitter. "I like the thought, Jack but we don't have the numbers to check all them fans. See if you can't find a scanner or something like that. I'll look myself after I drop Lee off." Chris was on the Hammer again, placing his rifle back where he left it, and Jaques' axe where he was pretty sure it went. Just before he went ashore, he told Lee, "You're still not allowed near the butane torches, Lee." He headed out, trying to see if he could find a weapons scanner.

[roll0]
Alertness+Perception: [roll1]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-26, 01:31 PM
"Aw, I'm never allowed anything fun!" Lee says with a smile as Chris goes to leave. "I'll see what I can do around here in the meantime. Good luck keeping the locals in line!"

SirTalen
2010-05-26, 03:00 PM
John searches round the markets for his various medicines. Taking his finds back to the ship he runs into the captain. "Oh, Cap'n. Change of plans?"

Dont really know whether I should be rolling anything for the med supplies so here's a [roll0] and a alertness+perception [roll1]+ [roll2] and a medicine check [roll3] if it applies. As I've said I've already found something in character if the rolls unsuccessful I'll have bought fakes of whatever, I'm an easy mark after all.

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-26, 03:17 PM
Jaques finishes off his pint and sits back in his chair, resting and chatting until the gig starts.

Devixer
2010-05-26, 03:23 PM
"Yeah. Employer don't want firearms at the gig. Thinks it'll cause a panic. I'd appreciate it if you could relay orders to Jack, tell him to take his guns back to the ship. I meant to take a second trip, but now I gotta try and find a gun scanner."

SirTalen
2010-05-26, 04:02 PM
"Fair 'nough. Gunscanner sounds a good idea too. Just gotta grab summat from my bunk."

Ain't no way I'm goin' in there without a firearm. John Moves his pistol holster so its obscured by his jacket. Noone'll notice that.
"Right then cap'n, I'll head back to the bar and give Jack the good news."

Do I need rolls to conceal the weapon?

Smiling-Jack
2010-05-26, 04:06 PM
It was about this time that Jaques realised he still had his revolver on him, in it's holster on his waist, he decided that it probably wasn't a problem, half the folk in here on a normal night would probably be packing, and he felt marginally safer with it by his side. Emergencies only.

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-26, 05:03 PM
Light arms isn't a problem. Everyone's usually carrying SOMETHING.

On his way back to the ship, John notices a man setting up a small stand with various trinkets and bobbles for sale. By chance (Nat 20 on a luck roll) John sees what appears to be an old, slightly rusted, gun scanner.

Krennel
2010-05-26, 07:33 PM
Jack thumbs the transceiver. "Roger cap'n. Anything else you want me ta bring round while I'm at it?"

Devixer
2010-05-26, 08:07 PM
"Yeah. John'll remind you, but you are to take any gun that ain't concealable back on deck." At this point, Chris touches the hilt of his knife, reminding himself that it's still strapped to his right thigh.

Krennel
2010-05-26, 08:23 PM
Jack slides his duster over te carbine. The barrel show a bit, but that's fine with Jack.

Devixer
2010-05-27, 10:38 AM
"Alright, now that's done with..." Chris took a good look around, but couldn't see anything helpful. "John, you see anything? 'Cause I sure as hell don't."

SirTalen
2010-05-27, 04:51 PM
Walking back through through the market to the bar John remembers seeing what looked like it might be a gunscanner on one of the stalls. Gesturing for the captain to follow him he tries to find the stall again.
"Ah, this one! Excuse me, this piece o' junk what it look like?" John asks the stall owner holding up the rusty gunscanner.

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-27, 08:31 PM
"Hm?" the stall owner said as you looked up from moving boxes around the back.

"Oh yes, the RT 25 Man-portable Gunscanner. She might look old but she's just shiny where it counts. I'll let you have it for... 15 cred's."

SirTalen
2010-05-28, 05:43 AM
"Sounds fair for a working scanner" John hands over the credits without even thinking about bartering the price down or checking that it works. Turning round he tries to find the captain to show the scanner but hes nowhere around. Probably went back to the bar. John heads back to the bar.

Doc_Shiny
2010-05-28, 08:52 AM
John should make me another 1d20 for me please.

SirTalen
2010-05-28, 10:08 AM
Ok, another d20: [roll0]

SirTalen
2010-05-30, 03:37 AM
Arriving at the bar Jhon shows the scanner to the others. "You been lookin' for one of these?"

Narmoth
2010-05-30, 03:43 AM
"Great!" Dane smiles
"That would make things a lot easier. And you could have visibly armed people at the entrance overseeing that all disarm. That would keep guns ready and the owner happy at the same time

SirTalen
2010-05-30, 06:38 AM
"Yeah, although it ain't workin'. Wondered if Lee could have a look at it. I fix people not machines."

Krennel
2010-06-06, 01:15 AM
"Meh, Let's just get started huh?"

SirTalen
2010-06-06, 05:53 PM
"Well first someones gotta fix this." John puts the gunscanner down on the table. "I'd try but I'm 'fraid I'll break it more."

Smiling-Jack
2010-06-06, 06:35 PM
"I may not be the sharpest when it comes to fixing stuff up, but I'll give it a shot"

Jaques opened up the scanner, hoping the problem was a simple one.

Intelligence [roll0]
Technical engineering [roll1]

Smiling-Jack
2010-06-06, 06:37 PM
The problem was a little more complicated than Jaques liked, and whilst he poked around clumsily he heard something snap.

Ahh, we should probably replace that"

I've taken 5 creds of my money

Devixer
2010-06-11, 02:48 AM
Chris, in the meantime, had gone back to the Hammer to check on Lee. Bright as that guy may be, leaving him alone on the boat never settled well with the Cap'n. Finding nothing exceptionally abnormal, he headed back to the bar, finding Jaques hard at work fixing some object. "How's it comin'?"

Smiling-Jack
2010-06-12, 10:12 AM
"Pretty badly, if I do say so myself, it's not the battery and none of the wires are loose, well except the ones that I accidentally pulled loose, but I fixed them, honest."

Jaques poked around trying to work out the problem when he had an idea, fumbling around inside the casing he felt along the wires for a snap inside the plastic wrapping.

Intelligence [roll0]
Technical engineering [roll1]

Smiling-Jack
2010-06-12, 10:13 AM
As he felt the snap in one of the wires, he smiled brightly, ripped it out and put in a spare. The scanner whirred to life under his fingers.

"Fixed, who needs a mechanic eh?"

Krennel
2010-06-12, 12:10 PM
"Somebody who wants It done quickly?" he laughs, standing up and stretching.

Devixer
2010-06-12, 03:06 PM
"I do, Jaques. Otherwise, I hafta spend a lotta extra coin. Good job, though."

SirTalen
2010-06-12, 04:55 PM
"Good job. Where is our mechanic anyway?"

Devixer
2010-06-14, 06:06 PM
"Lee's on the boat right now. I locked up anything that might cause a fire, though, so there's no cause to fret."