PDA

View Full Version : I lost it all! :(

Froogleyboy
2010-05-23, 11:35 AM
Okay, for the last month and a half I'd had to rely on the SRD for making characters because I'd lost all my 3.5 books, dice, character sheets, etc. I don't know if my mom sold them or what, but their gone. Me and my group have been playing 2e (that's how I got them into role-playing) but I've been wanting to teach them 3.5 so I need to get some more. Dose anyone know of a good site (my gaming store shut down :smallfrown: so I can't get 'em there ) to get the core books. Not Ebay, My mom banned me from there.

gbprime
2010-05-23, 11:38 AM
Well I would say www.half.com, but that's run by Ebay.

Try www.amazon.com They sell used books there too for much cheaper.

Reinboom
2010-05-23, 11:39 AM
Amazon.com *?

Also, (about to) pmed you, froogley.

Critical
2010-05-23, 11:56 AM
{Scrubbed}

The Glyphstone
2010-05-23, 11:58 AM
They'd be illegal (Wizards won't sell 3.5 PdF's), so we can't talk about them. :/

arguskos
2010-05-23, 12:18 PM
They'd be illegal (Wizards won't sell 3.5 PdF's), so we can't talk about them. :/
Doesn't DriveThruRPG have the core 3.5 pdfs? Thought they did for some reason.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-23, 12:20 PM
Doesn't DriveThruRPG have the core 3.5 pdfs? Thought they did for some reason.

They used to have before shortly into 4th Edition. Then WotC removed all their .pdf's, which is a shame, since I would really like to get SW Saga Edition.

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-23, 12:21 PM
{Scrubbed}

Boci
2010-05-23, 12:28 PM
{Scrubbed}

He shouldn't have to. That doesn't change the fact that pdf's are still illegal and thus cannot be recommended on this site.

Emmerask
2010-05-23, 12:44 PM
He shouldn't have to. That doesn't change the fact that pdf's are still illegal and thus cannot be recommended on this site.
{Scrubbed}

Deth Muncher
2010-05-23, 12:46 PM
Em, you may wanna just delete your last post lest Roland be dolin' out the harshness to you.

Legally, there's The War Store. They've got the books.

Lord of Syntax
2010-05-23, 02:45 PM
Why the eff did your mom ban you from eBay?

gallagher
2010-05-23, 02:59 PM
probs because it is really easy to forget that money is a limited asset

The Glyphstone
2010-05-23, 03:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ

prufock
2010-05-23, 03:00 PM
Don't you have any regular used book stores where you live? I've seen 3.5 books for decent prices around here.

Why can't you teach them the system using the SRD? Okay, it doesn't explain character creation, but presumably you know how to do that already.

Ashram
2010-05-23, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about the eBay ban. Either OP is too young to have his own account (And thus is using his mom's) or he's old enough and still using his mom's account.

I would suggest Amazon as well.

Froogleyboy
2010-05-23, 03:04 PM

Because, when I was aloud to get on it, I used to get some stuff I didn't want her knowing about shipped to my dad's house, she found out and . . . yeah

valadil
2010-05-23, 03:09 PM
Nthing amazon. I get all my D&D books there.

However, you should find out if your mom did trash your books or not. If you she did, buying more is probably just a waste of money.

Faleldir
2010-05-23, 03:10 PM
Why can't you teach them Pathfinder instead?

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-23, 03:11 PM
While we have mentioned RPGNow.com (well, we used its other name, but they are pretty much the same place), it might be an excellent idea to actually open an account there and buy non-D&D games from there. Since downloads are pretty much unlimited (and legal), the only way she can take away your access to books is by 1) banning internet, and 2) banning computers.

I suggest Witchcraft (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=692&it=1), which is actually free.

Seriously, D&D is not the alpha and omega of tabletop roleplaying games. Expand your horizons! And when you're old enough to repurchase the books, you can always return to it.

((This message has been brought to you by the local indie RPG supporter, The Rose Dragon.))

Froogleyboy
2010-05-23, 03:15 PM
@Faledir, I don't have pathfinder
@The Rose Dragon, I've played other games and D&D is my favorite

arguskos
2010-05-23, 03:24 PM
@Faledir, I don't have pathfinder
Pathfinder has an SRD. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)

Froogleyboy
2010-05-23, 03:35 PM
Pathfinder has an SRD. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)

As does 3.5

EDIT: Just looked up pathfinder and it seems really fun. I will be looking into it, are there psionics in PF? One of my friends won't even look at it if there isn't psionics

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-23, 04:16 PM
As does 3.5

So then as for teaching the rules, what's the problem?

oxybe
2010-05-23, 04:30 PM
As does 3.5

EDIT: Just looked up pathfinder and it seems really fun. I will be looking into it, are there psionics in PF? One of my friends won't even look at it if there isn't psionics

no psionics yet. maybe in the future, but i don't really keep up on the pathfinder news.

personally, we've been using the system for the last month or so in our Wednesday night game and it's close enough to 3.5 that you should transition without too much of a problem... just watch out for some of the more minute things. we've noticed that we had to do a few double-takes because we expected spell/feat/rule X to work like it did in 3.5 while in truth it worked a bit differently.

if you like 3.5, it might be a worthwhile purchase. i haven't been totally sold on the system yet over standard 3.5, it seems to fix some of the minor issues i've had but at a glance the larger ones are mostly left untouched. now we're only level 2 and i've yet to fully explore the options available and how they work in the wild so i'm still reserving final judgement, but it's currently gotten a grade of:

"it's an ok purchase by itself i guess, a good buy if you like 3.5 but have a few issues with the system, if only to gather a few houserules for your 3.5 game. final grade still waiting"

Curmudgeon
2010-05-23, 04:43 PM
While WotC doesn't sell PDFs of their D&D 3.5 books, they used to. You can buy legal PDF books if you can find someone who wants to sell the ones they got from WotC. Theoretically you'd save money on shipping because it's just an InterNet transfer of data and title.

The hitch is I don't know of any sites specializing in selling such items, so locating (legitimate) sellers could be problematic. Any help here, Playgrounders?

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-23, 05:00 PM
While WotC doesn't sell PDFs of their D&D 3.5 books, they used to. You can buy legal PDF books if you can find someone who wants to sell the ones they got from WotC. Theoretically you'd save money on shipping because it's just an InterNet transfer of data and title.

The hitch is I don't know of any sites specializing in selling such items, so locating (legitimate) sellers could be problematic. Any help here, Playgrounders?Well, I'd be willing to sell some of mine, but I don't think we're allowed to talk about this kind of stuff here.

Roland St. Jude
2010-05-23, 08:01 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread seems unavoidably bound up with out-of-bounds topics. Please don't advocate or assist with illegal file sharing or other copyright or intellectual property infringement. As a site owned and operated by an artist who makes his living from his art, including gaming books, we take a dim view of such things.