Searing Stance
Desert Wind (Stance) [Fire]
Level: Swordsage 8
Prerequisite: Three Desert Wind maneuvers
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Stance

Searing flames emanate from your form, burning those you strike on contact with destructive fury.

This stance functions as the fiery assault stance, except you deal an extra 2d6 points of fire damage on melee attacks.
In addition, whenever you use a Desert Wind strike that deals fire damage in some manner, the damage dealt ignores resistance, and even creatures who are normally immune to fire still take half damage. Creatures with the cold subtype or vulnerability to fire take double damage, instead of the normal +50%.
This stance is a supernatural ability.

Ruling: This stance replaces Rising Phoenix as the 8th-level Desert Wind stance. This stance may also be applied to the Frozen Zephyr, Caustic Tempest, or Shocking Sky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67570) alternate disciplines, ignoring [cold/acid/electricity] resistance and dealing half damage to creatures normally immune to that element, as appropriate.

DracoDei
2010-05-23, 01:07 PM
There is no need to replace anything. Having 2 different 8th level stances is just fine.

strawberryman
2010-05-23, 01:08 PM
Eh, people can feel free to ignore that point, I just want to keep it nice and even. :smalltongue:

The-Mage-King
2010-05-23, 01:18 PM
...Me likey.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-05-23, 01:28 PM
Tackyhillbillu approves.

...that is all.

Mongoose87
2010-05-23, 01:46 PM
And, suddenly, an entire discipline ceases to be useless.