PDA

View Full Version : Test of Spite Olo vs Yitzi

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 03:22 PM
Map: I'd prefer the river map, if that's fine by you.

Buff Rounds: 3+All Day is the standard, I believe. Is that good for you?

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 06:10 PM
Sounds good.

By the way, since I mentioned Bob's an ogre, can I just have basic info on Nevara (i.e. melee/ranged/spellslinger)?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 07:21 PM
Nervara is both a spellcaster and a minionmancer (aka, one who has lots of minions).

Map:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4343/arena2i.gif

All Day Buffs and Round 1 Buffs: All Day:
Self:
Superior Resistance
Mass Mage Armor
Greater Mage Armor
Vrocks 1-5:
Mirror Image for [roll0]
Round 1:
Self:
Snaps Fingers
DMM Twin Summon Monster VI with Fiendish Legion for 4 Ice Devils
Succubi 1-8:
Try to Summon Vrock (Succeeds on 1, 2, or 3)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
Succubus 9:
Feed Nevara Potion of Barkskin
Vrocks 1-5:
Try to Summon Vrock (Succeds on a 1-7)
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
Ice Devils 1-4:
Try to Summon Bone Devils (Succeeds on a 1)
[roll14]; [roll15] devils
[roll16]; [roll17] devils
[roll18]; [roll19] devils
[roll20]; [roll21] devils

Other buffs, initiatives, and locations coming soon.

Or would you simply allow all of my minions to act on my initiative?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 07:24 PM
Additional Buffs for Round 1: Forgot for Ice Devils: Using Ring of Mighty Summons and Deceptive Summons; Bluff [roll0]

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 07:35 PM
EDIT to Round 1: Those should be bone devils instead of ice devils.
Therefore, there summoning was instead:
Bone Devil if 1-7:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Round 2-3 Buffs: Round 2:
Self:
Nevara Summons a Marlith if [roll4] is greater than or equal to 49
Succubi 1-8:
Move into positions
Succubi 9:
Feeds Nevara a Potion of Shield of Faith +5
Vrocks 1-5:
Cast Heroism on themselves
Vrocks 6-8:
Cast Mirror Image on themselves for the above number of images
Bone Devils 1-5:
Cast Invisibility on themselves
Round 3:
Self:
Nevara casts Ray Deflection
Succubus 9:
Feeds Nevara a Potion of Conviction +5
Vrocks 6-8:
Cast Heroism on themselves
Bone Devils 1-5:
Cast Fly on themselves
Marlith (maybe?):
Casts Unholy Aura

Sorry for the inordinate amount of buffing.

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 07:41 PM
And here minionmancers are Bob's weakness. Good thing it's only an exhibition...

Bob will buff as follows:
in order: 3pp expansion, potion of shield of faith, and potion of fly. And psionic focus and magic vestment as all-day buffs.

You can have your minions move on your initiative. You see me at 9-11, A-C if that's not total cover (it almost certainly isn't). Where do I see you?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 07:47 PM
List of Minions with their buffs:
9 Succubi:
Mass Mage Armor
5 Vrocks:
Mass Mage Armor
Mirror Image
Heroism
3 Other Vrocks:
Mirror Image
Heroism
4 Bone Devils:
Max HP
Augment Summoning
Deceptive Summons (fury)
Invisibility
Fly
1 Bone Devil:
Invisibility
Fly

23 creatures, including Nevara

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 07:50 PM
Is that list for me to see? If not, what minions do I see?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 07:54 PM
Nevara's Initiative: [roll0] (Nerveskitter)

Nervara's location: B10.

Succubi: 8 fill the squares adjacent to Nevara, and one flies over her

Vrocks: J3-K4, J5-K6, J7-K8, J9-K10, J11-K12, J13-K14, J15-K16, J17-K18

Bone Devils (invisible): G7-H8, G9-H10, G11-H12, G13-H14, G15-H16

Ok, done. Finally :smallsmile:

After you roll initiative, we can begin.

EDIT: Whenever I post something in a spoiler, that means it's not for your eyes. Unless I give you permission, of course. And everything is fair game after the match.

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 08:24 PM
You win initiative.

If Nevara is at B10, then presumably I'm at the red spot, so I'm at 9X-11Z. The vrocks are on the ground, I take it?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 08:34 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Nevara's action: She delays until after the Succubi.

Succubi: Each Succubus raises one finger and points it at you. Make 9 DC 18 Will saves vs Charm Monsters.

More actions will follow if you passed all of the saves.

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 08:41 PM
Unless there's something increasing their range, it's too short. But assuming there is something increasing range...
If I'm not considered flat-footed due to the buff rounds, I'll manifest empty mind for 5 pp for a +4 bonus to will saves until my next action. It's not included in the roll.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 08:42 PM
Bob is now friendly to a number of the succubi.

Edit: I realized that I forgot the +5 bonus due to being threatened by the succubi and their allies. In which case I have to ask: Am I considered flat-footed, or does the buff round mean that I'm not?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 09:05 PM
It's too short...and I considered that bonus.

In that case...

Succubi ready actions: Cast Charm Monster if Bob comes within range

Nevara continues to Delay.

3 Vrocks charge you.
Claw [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Claw [roll2]; Damage [roll3]
Claw [roll4]; Damage [roll5]

The other 5 circle around and attack you from a different angle.
Claw [roll6]; Damage [roll7]
Claw [roll8]; Damage [roll9]
Claw [roll10]; Damage [roll11]
Claw [roll12]; Damage [roll13]
Claw [roll14]; Damage [roll15]

EDIT: Each of these attack rolls should be 2 higher due to their heroism buff.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 09:06 PM
Then each Vrock releases spores.

You take [roll0] damage, and take [roll1] damage each turn for the next 10 rounds.

More actions coming after the results.

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 09:23 PM
So wait, am I flatfooted or not? Either way, only the third vrock hits, but if I'm not flatfooted, then I attack the first vrock:
[roll0] for [roll1] damage, hits the right one on 6 of [roll2]

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 09:25 PM
Oh, and the charm just dissipated, due to me being attacked by their allies.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 09:43 PM
Oh, and the charm just dissipated, due to me being attacked by their allies.

The charm never happened, you were out of their range.

And you are flatfooted. That's how it has been ruled so far.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 10:09 PM
Nevara casts Bloodstar and directs it towards you. A blood red mote flies towards you and hovers by your shoulder.

Bone Devils: Suddenly a giant hemisphere of ice, 4 feet think, encircles both you and the Vrocks.

End turn.

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 10:26 PM
What's the radius of the wall of ice? It has to be at least 40 to be able to include Bob.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 10:33 PM
What's the radius of the wall of ice? It has to be at least 40 to be able to include Bob.

Actually, it's a cube-ish shape that is only 1ft thick. Each side is 30ft tall by 40ft long, and it's capped by another ice wall.

I'm sorry for all of these little mistakes...I haven't played this character before, so I'm still working out the little kinks in the spells and such....it's difficult playing 23 creatures at once!

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 10:38 PM
Actually, my mistake; Bob is only 20' high, not 40, so that's large enough. But what do you mean "capped by another ice wall"? Just that there's a fifth wall on top to box it in?

Yitzi
2010-05-23, 10:58 PM
I presume that is what you mean. So...between Bob's height and his reach, he can hack through the ice above him...it's got 36 hit points for 10' by 10' with an automatic hit, so with one mighty blow he will break a hole (even if I roll all 1s, power attack will make up the difference) and rise up past it...he'll have to squeeze, but he still manages to fly up partway through the ice (15' through, in particular). The vrocks are entitled to AoOs, and I think he also takes damage for passing through where the ice was.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 11:16 PM
AoOs:

Attack [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]
Attack [roll2]; Damage: [roll3]
Attack [roll4]; Damage: [roll5]
Attack [roll6]; Damage: [roll7]
Attack [roll8]; Damage: [roll9]
Attack [roll10]; Damage: [roll11]
Attack [roll12]; Damage: [roll13]
Attack [roll14]; Damage: [roll15]

Also, for every attack that hits, you have to make a DC 21 Fortitude save or take 1 Con damage.

Is that the end of your turn?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-23, 11:20 PM
Also, yes, you take [roll0] cold damage.

Yitzi
2010-05-24, 06:38 AM
Even if I make my save, the damage from the spores the following turn will knock me down to 0, meaning that I can't win. Good game.
A couple of notes I realized: 1. the vrocks couldn't charge, due to the river in between, and due to distance none of them could attack. I still had no chance, though.
2. I've got to see how you got so many high-level summons in 3 rounds.

Yitzi
2010-05-24, 06:48 AM
I see you used twin spell; that's banned.

A creature that has just been summoned cannot use its summon ability for 1 hour. I don't know if that applies even to being summoned via summon monster.

I have to ask: How did you get 9 succubi and 5 vrocks from the start?

Also, how was a succubus able to administer a potion to Narvara; the rules I know only say you can feed a potion to an unconscious character as a FRA?

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-24, 05:07 PM
I see you used twin spell; that's banned.

...I knew Twin Power was banned (seeing as I got it banned)...thanks for noticing that...

A creature that has just been summoned cannot use its summon ability for 1 hour. I don't know if that applies even to being summoned via summon monster.

I analyzed the description of the Summoning ability...I'm pretty sure it can summon after being summoned via Summon Monster

I have to ask: How did you get 9 succubi and 5 vrocks from the start?

Fiendbinder.

Also, how was a succubus able to administer a potion to Narvara; the rules I know only say you can feed a potion to an unconscious character as a FRA?

I used that rule? I assumed that anything that could be done to an unconscious creature could be done to a willing creature even more easily?

Also, as to how I got so many high level summons? Malconvoker as well as my (now removed) Twin Spell.

Again, sorry for all of my mistakes...I made this character on the spur of a moment, and hadn't really worked the kinks out yet.

Yitzi
2010-05-24, 08:11 PM
Ah...so you spent about 60% of your cash on that army...
Why was planar ally banned, by the way? And would the same logic apply here too?

As for the argument from helpless to willing...that might not be so clear. After all, a helpless creature does have one major advantage over a willing one when it comes to doing things to it: it's not moving. So a willing creature who's not doing anything else would be ok, but a willing creature who's busy with other things might not work.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-05-24, 08:44 PM
Ah...so you spent about 60% of your cash on that army...
Why was planar ally banned, by the way? And would the same logic apply here too?

Planar Ally is banned because if you are already using a little bit of XP, you get the army for absolutely nothing. I used quite a bit of my build and a metric ton of cash to get mine.

As for the argument from helpless to willing...that might not be so clear. After all, a helpless creature does have one major advantage over a willing one when it comes to doing things to it: it's not moving. So a willing creature who's not doing anything else would be ok, but a willing creature who's busy with other things might not work.

I can get more potions other ways, this just seemed the most realistic for this character and cost me a bit less cash.