PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] -Druid build- (SRD Material Only).

WeeFreeMen
2010-05-23, 10:27 PM
Pretty much as the title says guys.
We got a new DM, who out of fright I suppose has banned anything and everything not in the Pathfinder SRD.

I ask you now. Make me a valid Druid build with only this, I am not familiar enough to attempt optimization.. I normally wouldnt even optimize against a new DM..however, he likes to throw around encounters that are +6-+8 higher than they should be.

So, alas. I leave it to this forums infinite wisdom. :D
Thanks guys.

PId6
2010-05-23, 10:37 PM
however, he likes to throw around encounters that are +6-+8 higher than they should be.
:smalleek:

Just to be clear, at what level? And how many times has he TPK'd you guys so far?

WeeFreeMen
2010-05-23, 11:27 PM
TKPs - 1
Overall Deaths (Individual) - 4
My personal deaths - 1.

Ive recently re-versed him on Encounter lv math. So hopefully he gets the point.. and as he is a brand new DM I can feel for him. Players are either training the monsters or getn trained. If you catch my drift.

On a completely unrelated topic. His RP set ups are superb, Its simply the encounters he cant quite grasp. (Also, our group Opts out the Wazoo. Atleast in my games).
I might do something as close to Bearington Mc Bear if I get nothing better.

Ideas?

Akal Saris
2010-05-23, 11:42 PM
Hrm.

Dwarf Druid 20
Arrange stats from high to low: Wis, Con, Str, Dex, Int, Cha. Example: 18 Wis, 16 Con, 16 Str, 12 Dex, 10 Int, 5 Cha.

Skills: Max Handle Animal, Perception, Diplomacy, then any others

Feats:
1: Improved Unarmed Strike
3: Improved Grapple
5: Natural Spell
7: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
9: Greater Grapple
11: Augment Summoning
13: Improved Initiative
15: Quicken Spell
17: Toughness
19: Improved Natural Attack (Bite)

Wildshape forms: usually cat types for pounce and grapple, it seems to give the most boosts in PF wildshape.

Redrat2k6
2010-05-23, 11:53 PM
The Best Animal Companion you can have is the Roc http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/roc.html#roc :smallsmile:

WeeFreeMen
2010-05-24, 12:03 AM
That is a pretty sweet Animal Companion. Its got Fly, and later gets Improved Grab on Talon attacks. Pretty sweet.

As for the build. Thank you, any advice on spells? <-- Completely new to druid.

Edit: What about the feats - Boon Companion
And any prestige classes I should look for? Or nein.

PId6
2010-05-24, 12:19 AM
Shillelagh (try to pronounce it) is a great early level spell that makes a quarterstaff deal good damage. Produce Flame is a fairly good offensive spell as well. Entangle is as awesome as ever. As you get higher level, buff spells like Barkskin, Bull's Strength, and Resist Energy get better. And if you ever find yourself with useless spells, just dump them for Summon Nature's Ally.

With only PF core, there aren't any good PrCs for druid. Just stay druid 20.

WeeFreeMen
2010-05-24, 12:26 AM
So to assume a 28 pt buy + Racials (Dwarf)
Str: 14/16
Con: 14 [16.R.]
Dex: 12
Int: 10
Wis: 8 -> 16[18.R] or 18[20.R.]
Cha: 8

PId6
2010-05-24, 12:30 AM
Are you using 3.5 or PF point buy system (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores)? With PF, you can dump down to 7, though it's (probably) only 15 or 20 PB.

Paul H
2010-05-28, 04:36 AM
Hi

Dogs are good companions at lower levels. Don't forget that you add both the animal level stat bumps in addition to the Druid Companion ones. (Plus the usual stat increases every four levels, and the feats on odd numbered ones).

Also, don't forget your companion's barding. Master Crafted Studded Leather has NO ASF, so can be used.

I play a 6th lvl Druid in the Pathfinder Society campaign. More accurately I play 'Gnasher' my Animal Companion - the Druid buffs & supports. (Occasionaly casting Call Lightning).

Cheers
Paul H
PS If you play 'pure' Druid, it's your 'Favoured Class', gaining either +1 HP or +1 Skill Pt chosen each level.

QuantumSteve
2010-05-28, 04:57 AM
Linky (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/druid-handbook-part-1)

Takin' the post credit for other people's work, Oh Yeah!:smallcool: