PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic tiger question and build help?

gallagher
2010-05-23, 11:14 PM
So let me see if i understand this correctly.
an anthropomorphic tiger is at a +1 LA. if i were to run this race in a gestalt game, and i wanted to make a, say, Cleric/psychic warrior, who both demand their spells off of their wisdom score (tiger gets +4, also +4 Str, +6 Dex, and +2 Con, and +3 natural armor) i would build like this

Level 1 Tiger, Level 1 Cleric,
then, for the purpose of this build (not getting too in depth of this character, as i have only started the ideas in my head for this character) i would go the rest of the levels as a Cleric/PsyWar, and thus be a Cleric 20 Psywar 19?

and if this is indeed how it works, what build should i do to rock its world? i want the high cleric casting, and i only need psywarrior for things like inertial barrier and some nice buffs to my claw attacks.

as far as i have it, i am going with at least to 5th level casting with cleric so i can get righteous might, i should get 1 level of SLT Barbarian for pounce, 2 levels of psychic warrior for the feats and PP (i want to be able to do use a feat to be able to rend for more damage, and i feel like this build will be feat starved as is), then take at least 5 levels of Warmind for that tasty tasty Sweeping Strike.

as i see it, if i am correct, my Character will be a SLT Barb 1/PsyWar 2/ Warmind 5 on one side, and a Cloistered Cleric 9 on the other.

i should probably take the mantled warrior ACF if i can, so that i have more options that can make me an even better character. i dont know which mantle to take, though.

if this is correct, what suggestions would you guys have to improve this character?

My necessary feats: PA, Improved Grapple, Two Weapon Rend, Earth Sense, Earth Power, Link Power (ok, maybe not this one, but it might be necessary)

My necessary spells: Divine Power and Righteous Might

i am taking PsyWarrior and War Mind for some powers that will improve my damage with my claws, Inertial Armor because it will just give me better armor than i can buy anyway, one of the Concealing Amorphas, and some utility powers like Hustle

this is a 32 point buy, so i will put a 14 in Str, Dex, and Con, a 10 in Int and Cha, and a 16 in Wis. with the racial bonuses, that will put me at an 18 Str, a 20 Dex, a 16 Con, 10 Int, 20 Wis, and 10 Cha

the game this is intended for is a level 12 game, so i am at fewer levels than i get right now. however, i will put those 3 points into Wisdom, so that i get more spells and powers.

with 2 of those levels, should i go with either monk or ninja to gain Wis to AC?

any thoughts or build suggestions?

gallagher
2010-05-23, 11:34 PM
i also guess i need Improved Natural Attack so i am not doing lame initial damage anyway.

So i will have 7 feats, if my math is correct (no flaws)

Flickerdart
2010-05-23, 11:49 PM
You should reduce your DEX to 12, since you will most likely be wearing heavy armour. You want your STR and WIS to be as high as you can, and spare a few points for CHA if you intend to DMM.

gbprime
2010-05-23, 11:53 PM
You're forgetting about the Tiger's 2 racial hit dice. So the first 3 levels on that half of the gestalt build are Racial, Racial, LA.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-23, 11:59 PM
How do you become an anthropomorphic creature?

gbprime
2010-05-24, 12:00 AM
How do you become an anthropomorphic creature?

Savage Species, appendix 3.

gallagher
2010-05-24, 10:44 AM
Savage Species, appendix 3.

i assume right there is also where i find out that i have racial hit dice?

and also, i am planning on it having inertial armor so i have no check penalty, and i will be trying to fit in classes that will give me my wisdom to AC, so having a high DEX will be important anyway. that and i will not have the best reflex save.

and no, i dont plan on doing much DMM until i have a better idea of what feats i am taking so i can afford to take a few DMMs

gbprime
2010-05-24, 10:51 AM
i assume right there is also where i find out that i have racial hit dice?

Correct.

In Addition to the chart, there's a description section on Page 215. It explains that Small Anthros have 1 racial HD, Medium have 2, and Large have 3, and that only Small Anthros lose their racial hit die and just take a class level instead.

If you want to skip the racial hit die and still get great Wisdom bonuses, you need size small. Check the Owl (LA +1) or the Bat (LA +0).

gallagher
2010-05-24, 01:23 PM
Correct.

In Addition to the chart, there's a description section on Page 215. It explains that Small Anthros have 1 racial HD, Medium have 2, and Large have 3, and that only Small Anthros lose their racial hit die and just take a class level instead.

If you want to skip the racial hit die and still get great Wisdom bonuses, you need size small. Check the Owl (LA +1) or the Bat (LA +0).
that bat is lookin mighty nice then. i might have to go Cleric/Monk with it. that might actually be fun to RP