PDA

View Full Version : eBook version of the books? Don't know where to post this.

Galidin
2010-05-24, 02:22 AM
I was wondering if the giant ever considered making OOTS available in ebook format? The iPad would be amazing to read OOTS (how I read them off the website) but i'd love to own the books in electronic format.

Have you considered it? The split is pretty reasonable 70/30 I hear.

If your thinking "I prefer real books" I didn't know how well rich media books would work until I tried the marvel comic app and find that I'm blown away by it's quality and usability, especially since you can zoom/pan on it versus a print book that has to be X size.

Tim

P.S. I play a paladin in most RP games and the ending of the miko story / martyr sapphire guards was awesome! Very PAL!

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-24, 02:25 AM
This has been discussed before (though mostly on the OotS forum), and the final decree was that it was not going to happen due to taking sales away from the print version and potential piracy risks.

Szilard
2010-05-24, 08:32 AM
Plus, if you're going to view the comics on an iPad, you might as well go to the actual website.

NerfTW
2010-05-24, 09:36 AM
Plus, if you're going to view the comics on an iPad, you might as well go to the actual website.

I love how someone always posts this "clever" insight. They clearly mean the bonus material as well. Not to mention the two prequel books.

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-24, 02:32 PM
This has been discussed before (though mostly on the OotS forum), and the final decree was that it was not going to happen due to taking sales away from the print version and potential piracy risks.

But we're on the internet. It's really easy to pirate it anyway. Unless you mean that it would be harder to notice?

Haruki-kun
2010-05-24, 06:16 PM
But we're on the internet. It's really easy to pirate it anyway. Unless you mean that it would be harder to notice?

A lot more people would pirate it if the actual book was in PDF format than if it were in 200 scanned PNG's.

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-24, 06:42 PM
A lot more people would pirate it if the actual book was in PDF format than if it were in 200 scanned PNG's.

Oh, okay. That makes sense then.

Galidin
2010-06-12, 12:28 AM
Ordered the two prequel books.

The start of darkness was epically sad. The origin of PC's was neat.

Love the preface to the start of darkness by miko!

Galidin

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-12, 07:20 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Okay, this thread seems to have served its purpose.