PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner w. wings(3.5)

Balor01
2010-05-24, 06:25 AM
I would like to create a very fast homebrew monster with extreme base land and fly speed. How can a monster be "pimped" that way? What stats must be increased/feats taken/size increased, to get a roadrunner with wings?

tnx

Boci
2010-05-24, 07:16 AM
High base land speed. Trait to swap 1 hp per level in return for +10ft to speed. Quick of thought for another +10ft to speed. Then template like winged which gives fly speed based of land speed.

Or you could just go for a regular but short ranged teleportation based monster and just describe it as the monster moveing really fast.

Greenish
2010-05-24, 07:24 AM
Quick of thought for another +10ft to speed.Speed of Thought requires the critter to be psionic, but that's not a bad thing. Skate and Burst powers can give it a nice edge on speed.

[Edit]: You could also ape the Choker's Quickness, but instead of an extra standard action, you could give it an extra move action each round.

Boci
2010-05-24, 07:28 AM
Speed of Thought requires the critter to be psionic, but that's not a bad thing. Skate and Burst powers can give it a nice edge on speed.

Single level dip into psychic warrior should do it. You even get a bonus feat to make up for the one you spent.

[Edit]: You could also ape the Choker's Quickness, but instead of an extra standard action, you could give it an extra move action each round.

Well as far as monsters with extra move actions go, there is always that one we spent all night arguing about. It even has a fly speed.

Greenish
2010-05-24, 07:35 AM
Well as far as monsters with extra move actions go, there is always that one we spent all night arguing about. It even has a fly speed.Possibly under-CRed demonic roadrunners? Sounds good to me.

AstralFire
2010-05-24, 07:38 AM
...Uh, if you're homebrewing a monster, I don't understand this question.

"Bingo bango, it has 200 base speed now."
:smallconfused:

Balor01
2010-05-24, 03:10 PM
...Uh, if you're homebrewing a monster, I don't understand this question.

"Bingo bango, it has 200 base speed now."
:smallconfused:
This is not size, HD or something else-related?

Greenish
2010-05-24, 03:11 PM
This is not size, HD or something else-related?No, it's speed related.

Gnosko
2010-05-24, 03:17 PM
Yeah just pick a speed. The only thing effected would be it should factor into its CR a little.