PDA

View Full Version : [Tormenta]A brave new world

DukeGod
2010-05-24, 10:41 AM
The Blind Beholder Inn.Located near Valkaria's statue,in Valkaria!Capital of Deheon and point zero of arton.Named after a creature saw by the bartender,but nobody believes in that.But is a good place to be,people of all kind are found there.Most of them adventurers,in the most weird clothes,species,appearances carrying shiny weapons with auras of heat,cold, and even sound!But also people who just started and barely know how to actually swing their swords around or pronounce that draconic word to cast a spell

Yeah,you all meet in an inn,and will begin to know each other here.If you wanna be from another world,Vectora is around so feel free to do so.

Illven
2010-05-24, 01:57 PM
Elia walks to one of the barkeeps Sir if I may, have you seen a guy that's a little taller than me, with brown hair, eyes like mine, and carrying a black bound book She leans in to give the barkeep a good look at her eyes

The Watchman
2010-05-24, 03:20 PM
Aloysius is sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of water and eating a meager plate of food. He is rapidly running out of money, and is in the bar looking for work. As such, when Elia walks in and inquires about the missing man, he sits up and listens intently.

The Watchman
2010-05-24, 04:42 PM
Two purposes for this post. One, bumpage. Two, subscribing.

DukeGod
2010-05-25, 08:35 AM
BarkeepA little taller with a black book heh?Let's see...around this city it is easy to spot these weirdos...Well,I could have seen him but my mind is a kinda misty right now

(Subscribing?)

bigbaddragon
2010-05-25, 09:30 AM
Rand is sitting at the bar alone with his thoughts and almost empty mug. He has been looking for employment for some time now but with no luck. He is not used to life in the cities and is hardly making his way with these folks. The opportunity will present itself he thinks, when he hears the talk at the bar ...

The bartenders are always the same though, their memories always get clear with some money. He raises an eyebrow as he hears the bartender and laughs a bit.

The Watchman
2010-05-25, 10:34 AM
(Subscribing?)

You can subscribe to a thread to receive messages whenever someone posts to it. Makes it easier to keep track of what's going on.

Illven
2010-05-25, 06:36 PM
Elia pulls out 10 gold pieces, He murdered my family, I want revenge She speaks softly, tears in her eyes.

The Watchman
2010-05-25, 07:08 PM
Aloysius blinks. Murder? A serious crime. Paid or not, he is bound to assist this woman.
He continues to watch closely.

Nodwick22
2010-05-26, 01:05 PM
Not having any jobs from the Guild lately Fzoul's ears perk up when he hears someone looking for revenge.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-26, 02:24 PM
A man whose flesh seems to be made of scales of varying shades of black and gray, sitting a corner of the bar, his startlingly blue eyes constantly scanning the crowd, left to right, right to left, nursing a glass of water like it might be the last bit of liquid he ever consumes, suddenly goes very still at the sound of the word "revenge." He's been on the lookout for a profitable engagement, and in his (admittedly limited) experience revenge is always profitable. Not even pretending that he's not listening Frith walks up to the bar where the revenge-bound woman is and sits at the stool [or stands if there isn't a stool] next to her, his somewhat disconcerting gaze resting on the counter between them.

Illven
2010-05-26, 03:48 PM
Elia looks shocked What in the abyss, why are you listening to me.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-26, 04:36 PM
I wasn't listening to you, per se. The dark man says, seemingly to the table. Then he lifts his eyes to the woman, continuing. But I did happen to hear my favorite word. You did speak of revenge, did you not? Perhaps you have enough of that dish to share? he finishes as a demonic smirk crawls onto his face.

Illven
2010-05-26, 05:50 PM
Elia backs up a step Who are you, why do you care about my brother

DukeGod
2010-05-26, 10:24 PM
With the sudden appearance of Frith,the bartkeep looks worried and takes a look around sweeping the inn.His eyes stop for some seconds on Aloysus and seeing the sword and scale(the measuring one,its Khalmyr's holy symbol) he looks even more worried.Taking a scroll and a feather along with ink from under the table,he writes something,folds it and passes it to Elia,while taking the coins

Barkeep:Here's the price on what you drank

Illven
2010-05-27, 05:28 AM
She looks at it if it's good information she says Everything seems to be in order, thank you sir if not she just glowers at him

The Watchman
2010-05-27, 09:55 AM
Aloysius gives the bartender a blank stare when he looks at him. Other than that, he shows no reaction.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-27, 12:42 PM
Who are you, why do you care about my brother

Brother is it? Well, honestly I don't. What I care about is lucrative business opportunities. And revenge is my business. Frith replies as the smirk widens to a shark-like grin. I do apologize, though, if I've offended you in my eagerness to do business He continues with a more somber voice and expression. If you'd rather keep it personal, I do understand. But I would be ever-so disappointed if I couldn't help, he finishes with a look of abject misery spoiled only by the lack of any emotion in his eyes.

Illven
2010-05-27, 05:33 PM
Honestly I can't promise any pay, although if you're still willing to help, I'd be happy to accept She stands firm this time

Nodwick22
2010-05-27, 08:43 PM
If you need a good bow count me in.

Illven
2010-05-27, 08:59 PM
Um who are you, and why do you want to help She looks at the new arrival

bigbaddragon
2010-05-28, 06:40 AM
In the case you'll need some more help I'd also like to help, its been a month since the last time I had a job, my blade is getting rusty. I must warn you though, revenge isn't always as sweet and satisfactory when you finally carry it out ... the feeling that caused it will most likely stay for a long time after that.

Nodwick22
2010-05-28, 08:22 AM
Me I really do not know who I am. I just know that I like to kill bad things. I think my name is Fzoul. That sounds rights but who knows?

Illven
2010-05-28, 12:28 PM
She turns to the Ranger Who are you. and I'm not letting him get away, he killed my mother and sister.. She turns to the rogue Are you ok, do you need a healer

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-28, 01:30 PM
Looking around at the others who've spoken up Frith's shark-like grin slowly oozes back onto his face. His eyes continually flicking from one of the new comers to the next and so forth, and chuckling slightly, Frith addresses Elia, Well I'll be damned. Looks like you walked into a tavern full of altruists, eh? His eyes finally returning to Elia he continues And as for pay... well there's pay and then there's compensation. I find that in my line of work the job usually is the compensation. Pay can take care of itself. I'm sure this person or persons unknown to the rest of us probably has some form of currency, yes? As the last of his words slide past his teeth a look of supreme peace passes over his face, though only for a moment, before being replaced again with what you're coming to believe is his usual facial expression; the toothy grin.

Illven
2010-05-28, 03:32 PM
Altruist!? you two both have selfish motive's for helping me She points to Fzoul You're helping me because you have nothing better to do. She points to Frith and you just want to state your bloodlust, the only altruist one is posabily you and we don;t even know you're motives. pointing at Rand However I could use the help, if you're willing to spilt the profits on an even basis She smiles shyly

DukeGod
2010-05-28, 03:47 PM
(I was planning to wait until the talk was over to pass you the information,but it seems like that's not happening soon ^^)
"I can confirm someone like you describne was around the city,but if you want need more information there are some people who might be able to help,go to the "Guard in Black Armor" near Valkaria's statue and say The guards are watching" to the barkeep"

bigbaddragon
2010-05-28, 04:49 PM
Let me apologize for my rudeness, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Rand, and your name is?

With a faint smile on his face Rand stretches his hand forward for a handshake treating Elia with respect.

I overheard you talk about your family and revenge, and I couldn't help but be reminded of my own misfortune though I think yours is much greater. If you'd like a blade by your side I'd be happy to help you and money is not an issue.

After all it is a great shame to see such a pretty girl sad and not try to do anything about it.

Illven
2010-05-28, 05:13 PM
She rolls her eyes a little at the semi flirting. My name is Elia. maybe you could tell me the story sometime, right now I need to leave and ask elsewhere She holds out her hand for a handsake

bigbaddragon
2010-05-28, 05:32 PM
Nice to meet you Elia. I'll wait at the entrance until you finish the talk with the rest of the gentlemen.

Illven
2010-05-28, 05:44 PM
Um I'm leaving now, and probably not coming back, so you're better following me, if you want to help

bigbaddragon
2010-05-28, 07:27 PM
I'm fine with that. Lead the way.

Illven
2010-05-28, 07:45 PM
Elia walks to the The Guard in black armor pub, and takes a seat at the bar, when everyone stops looking at her for entering. She motions to the barkeep and if he comes over says "The guards are watching

The Watchman
2010-05-28, 09:33 PM
Still just observing. Aloysius is not really a people person.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-29, 09:32 AM
Frith sticks to the back of the group, trying to remain unobtrusive.

DukeGod
2010-05-30, 12:33 AM
"I hope they aren't" the may says in a whisper.(Saying in advance,It does not mean nothing!)

He asks you to follow him and takes you to where it was supposed to be the places stock,but there,opens a secret door at the ground leading to an lower level.You keep going until you reach a large room.Several men were around,all wearing white shirts with black leather coats and holding fire-weapons(they exist around here,but are illegal) and in a cuffed chair,half in the shadows,another one wearing the same clothes,but with a rapier nearby.He was also drinking wine

Man:May I help you,young lady?

(Congrats,you met the Mafia.If anyone followed you they were not allowed in the room and are stopped at the corridor)

Illven
2010-05-30, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for my brother, he killed my mother and sister and I want revenge. He looks like a guy that's a little taller than me, with brown hair, eyes like mine, and carrying a black bound book

The Watchman
2010-05-30, 05:11 PM
Aloysius made no move to follow her - he's going to wait for her to leave the bar entirely before approaching - but I assume that means that the other party members weren't allowed in, right?

Nodwick22
2010-05-30, 08:53 PM
Well this is interesting

DukeGod
2010-05-31, 12:06 PM
The glass in his hand brakes smashed by his hand.Blood and wine mix together in his hands and start dripping to the ground

Man:I do know of a man similar to the one you spoke.And yes I know where he is...

He raises but then...calmly gets himself back in the chair

Man:But...I must keep my cool...Nothing is free.For this information I would like you to do a job for me

Illven
2010-05-31, 12:50 PM
What job would you like me to do?

DukeGod
2010-05-31, 01:45 PM
Man:Some weird monsters are robbing and killing an area of this town.An area protected by us.That's bad for our protection job.They refuse to pay for now.I want you to go there and do your adventurer stuff.Kill some monsters,take what they stole for you and disappear.Come back here and I will tell you what I know

Illven
2010-05-31, 01:58 PM
As you wish

DukeGod
2010-05-31, 02:18 PM
Man:Lorenzo.Accompany the pretty woman and her ragtag bunch of misfits to the area,will ya?

One of the man on the room confirms with his head,hides the gun in his coat and says as he pass by

Lorenzo:Come.They usually attack at night so we might manage to find a group mid-action

The Watchman
2010-06-01, 10:18 AM
Aloysius follows.

bigbaddragon
2010-06-01, 10:47 AM
Rand waited for Elia for some time. When she reappears:

Any luck?

Noticing her new company he looks at her with a curious expression on his face.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-01, 11:49 AM
Don't tell me we're splitting the profits further?

Illven
2010-06-01, 02:02 PM
Elia looks to Lorzeno Is it okay if I explain the situation to my friends.

DukeGod
2010-06-02, 11:16 AM
Lorenzo:It is okay.But we don't have time to lose,do it while we walk

He starts heading towards east and hides his weapons.He also looks around a lot

Nodwick22
2010-06-02, 04:08 PM
So what's up? Do we all follow him?

Fzoul takes up the rear guard postion.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-02, 04:50 PM
I suppose so. Guess we should act casual too, eh? and his signature grin splits his face yet again. So, who is this guy exactly?

Illven
2010-06-02, 05:44 PM
We hunting this monster group that assualts people during the night

bigbaddragon
2010-06-03, 06:48 AM
Hearing this Rand turns to the man that is showing them the way:

Would you care to tell us something about what we're up against? It is best that we are prepared for the thing that is awaiting us if possible.

Nodwick22
2010-06-03, 08:48 AM
As long as I get to kill something, and I don't get killed in the process, I'm fine with whatever job comes along

The Watchman
2010-06-03, 09:59 AM
Aloysius follows along behind at a respectful distance.

DukeGod
2010-06-03, 10:59 AM
"As far as we know,the enemies will be goblin assailants.However different from other goblins they seem to posses some weird monk training

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-03, 11:42 AM
Well, that sounds like fun. And a good work out to boot!

DukeGod
2010-06-04, 09:37 AM
(alright,walking around is boring,forgot that,so...)

You arrive.The moon was shining in the sky,making it easy to see,but still hiding further from you provoking some paranoia.The streets were empty and every door and window was closed
Lorenzo pulls his gun and says "We're here"

bigbaddragon
2010-06-04, 09:45 AM
You expect an attack here? What do you think their target would be?

Illven
2010-06-04, 02:22 PM
Everyone get ready. She takes a ready action to cast a spell if hostles arrive

The Watchman
2010-06-04, 02:27 PM
Aloysius, still completely silent, readies his mace.

DukeGod
2010-06-04, 03:27 PM
"Yes,I am sure the attack will be here,as of the targets..."

Five goblins in black garments surround you.Two of them have quartestaffs

"I expect them to be us"

Initiative
Lorenzo [roll0]
Goblin 1 [roll1]
Goblin 2 [roll2]
Goblin 3 [roll3]
Goblin 4 [roll4]
Goblin 5 [roll5]

The Watchman
2010-06-04, 03:54 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

bigbaddragon
2010-06-04, 05:16 PM
Init: [roll0]

Illven
2010-06-04, 09:04 PM
[roll0] Woot initative, also can we get a map of the immediate area

I rolled a base 2 rage:smallfurious::smalltongue:

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-04, 09:21 PM
Well, it would appear that your expectations have been met.
[roll0]

Nodwick22
2010-06-05, 08:51 PM
And the fun begins

[roll0]

DukeGod
2010-06-06, 12:27 PM
Okay,sorry for taking so long,trying to find a good way to make the battlemap.Failed miserably
Battlemap (http://celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Versus%20Goblins)
Okay,Turn Order
Lorenzo,Goblin 4,Aloysus,Rand,Goblin 3,Goblin 2,Goblin 1,Ellia,Fzoul,Frith
Lorenzo stabs the first goblin,right in front of him with the rapier

[roll0]
Dmg[roll1]
Crit?[roll2]
[roll3]
Goblin 4 tries a Stunning Attack against Frith
[roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Crit?[roll6]
[roll7]
Fort DC 11 or Stunned

(Okay,you may just say your actions or roleplay them.In the beginning of the next turn,I'll narrate the previous turn)

bigbaddragon
2010-06-07, 12:27 PM
Rand evaluates the situation and realizing that Elia is between two goblins swiftly turns to strike down one of them.

Attacks G3.
Attack: [roll0] no luck I guess
Damage: [roll1]
Crit?: [roll2]
Additional damage: [roll3]

I'm posting now because Rand and Aloysus are acting before other goblins so it shouldn't make a difference.

DukeGod
2010-06-10, 08:51 PM
Ok,skip Aloysus turn...
All goblins try to use Stunning Fist(its pretty much the only strategy they were able to learn...)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Crit?[roll2]
[roll3]
Rand, Fort DC 11 or Stunned

[roll4]
[roll5]
Crit?[roll6]
[roll7]
Frith,Fort DC 11 or Stunned

[roll8]
[roll9]
Crit?[roll10]
[roll11]
Lorenzo, Fort DC 11 or Stunned

Illven
2010-06-10, 10:06 PM
Sleep pests, face the might of a sorcererElia casts sleep centered on C2, C3, D2, and D3 hitting Goblin 4 and 5 but missing the rest of us, the will save dc is 15

DukeGod
2010-06-13, 07:12 PM
(OK,I was waiting the other guy turn and forgot I needed to make the saves...)

[roll0] Goblin 4

[roll1] Goblin 5

Illven
2010-06-13, 07:14 PM
Woot one asleep, Elia has already dealt with an equal amount of the problem, by the way what level is Lorenzo, if we are allowed to ask, have you tried PM'ing Aloysus

Nodwick22
2010-06-18, 08:32 AM
Fires a shot at G4

[roll0]
[roll1]

DukeGod
2010-06-18, 10:26 PM
As the fight starts,Lorenzo tries to stab a goblin quickly and hits,thrusting the belly and dripping the rapier with green blood.In immediate response they respond with weird punches and kicks but are unable to actually land a hit.As the seconds pass and no side has actually hit any,words are said and the echo that follows them along with a faint glow in the woman's eyes make clear that magic has been cast.With the wins blowing rose flowers through two of the goblins,one of which outright falls asleep.The other blinks some times but manages in the end to resist.Seeing themselves at disadvantage,the goblins abandon their ally and suddenly run away climbing a build to a rooftop from where they disappead.

I consider it a win,you get full xp(600 each)

(Lorenzo is level 2 or 3.Let's see how you deal with the adventure before I decide it,and no I did not tried to PM Aloysus...completely forgot we are in a forum(no sarcasm))

Illven
2010-06-18, 10:44 PM
Quick before he awakens someone tie him up so we can question him

bigbaddragon
2010-06-20, 09:22 PM
Rand pulls out a rope and starts to tie goblin's arms and legs.

Use rope check: [roll0]

DukeGod
2010-06-21, 09:27 PM
(Know what,I'll just consider you took 10...)
With the goblin tied and thus unable to move,he awakes after some time.Looking somewhat surprised by being caught

Illven
2010-06-21, 10:13 PM
Elia speaks in common Goblin why were you and your allies attacking people?

DukeGod
2010-06-21, 10:41 PM
Money

(I said they were robbers right?)

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-21, 10:49 PM
Ah. The universal motive. Any other reason?

Illven
2010-06-21, 10:49 PM
OOC You might of, but there could be a different reason

IC Where did your comrades go.

DukeGod
2010-06-21, 11:17 PM
Master's Hideout.Don't know where.He blinds us and then carry us

Illven
2010-06-21, 11:43 PM
So was one of those goblins the master?

DukeGod
2010-06-21, 11:45 PM
No.Master is a big man.Eyes always closed.I don't know anything,please let me go

Illven
2010-06-22, 12:17 AM
No, you will be kept until we can find your friends, the more useful information you give us, the sooner you will be sent free

bigbaddragon
2010-06-22, 05:14 AM
Where was this "big man" you're talking about supposed to pick you up?

Duke:
Thanks for that, dice roller hates me a these days it seems :smallsmile:

DukeGod
2010-06-22, 10:34 AM
Nitamu-ra

(Nitamu-ra is a neighbornhood in Valkaria where the refugees from Tamu-Ra live.Think of it as Chinatown.Tamu-Ra was one of the areas attacked by the Tormenta.The first one actually)

Illven
2010-06-22, 11:18 AM
Are/is the tormenta still there?

Well you better hope for your sake that he is there, or we can find your friends, because if we can't ... She lets the threat hang

DukeGod
2010-06-22, 08:42 PM
He goes away also leaping through the roofs

(The Tormenta does not go away by itself,it will stay there until someone drives it off)

Illven
2010-06-22, 09:06 PM
He escaped?

DukeGod
2010-06-23, 03:36 PM
(misread your post,retcon he running away)

Okay,Okay!I understand

Illven
2010-06-23, 05:13 PM
So we have to go near the Tormenta to find them. Joy

DukeGod
2010-06-23, 09:09 PM
(Tamu-Ra is a island.Here,I got some maps)
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6126/arton.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4141/mapadz.jpg
(Red spots=Tormenta,you guys are at the thing that looks like a crosshair,the upper one is the world,the lower one is the Reinado,a conglomerate of kingdoms,the lower one top stops at the Rio dos Deuses(River of the Gods),and at the bottom the connection to the other mailand,Lamnor)

Illven
2010-06-23, 10:03 PM
Oh-oh misread your post, sorry,

Should we go and find this guy, or try to find the place on our own? She asks Lorzeno