PDA

View Full Version : Fall of a Wanderer (Solo Game) IC

Forever Curious
2010-05-24, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the game. :smallsmile: I have a habit of posting a lot of OOC comments in spoilers, which I hope you don't mind. Also, would you rather jump straight to the action or RP introduction?

At last, the day has arrived. Having recieved a royal summons some time before, you rode gallantly to Castle Raen, arriving in several days time. There you were treated as a guest of honor and given a room to rest, along with the others who will be joining you as a Wanderer. Tomorrow will be the official ceremony of ordination and set off on your journey.

Your room is quite large with three beds, all lavishly furnished with fine fabric and one occupied by a small sleeping man. The castle's servants have already taken your gear and set it in a chest at the foot of your bed. You've been given free reign of the castle until the ordination tomorrow.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-24, 12:19 PM
I do not mind at all! I shall take it up as well, just so there is no jarring difference between OoC posts, comments and what have you. RPing the introduction sounds grand to me. And my apologies if this post takes a bit to get up, my internet is being wonky, and I have to make sure I am posting when I actually have connectivity.

Ser Mordren felt quite naked with his lack of armour, uncertain how others would act to his disease-ravaged countenance. The only thing he had not placed into the chest was his silver necklace bearing his Coat of Arms. He had already unlocked his chest for another object, however, and although he was not intent on putting his armour back on (not as though he -could-, considering the full plate was impossible to don alone), he had already removed his helmet from the chest, and was gazing upon its polished surface.

He saw the pits and scars quite clearly upon his face, running a hand along the more ravaged parts of his cheeks and the area surrounding his lips. He wondered if his father was at peace, or if, from wherever he was watching, if he was finally proud of his son. The helmet's stoic, expressionless gaze did not show him anything more, and was incapable of answering his questions. After a few more moments, he placed it back into the chest. He did, however, remove his sword, before locking the chest once more. He was quite certain that the castle was not going to be attacked any time soon, but he liked to always be prepared should the worst happen. After sheathing and buckling his blade onto his belt, he closed and locked the chest. He hoped the King would not take offense to his being armed. He was still a knight, after all.

He adjusted his relatively plain crimson tunic, making sure that he would look like a presentable nobleman instead of a commoner (which he was prone to dressing as.) He was never one for the court and all of its intricacies, where a man's outfit and how he placed his silverware was more important than his valour and heart. However, whether he favoured it or not, he still had to adhere to its rules, especially before the presence of the King. He had his cape and mantle clapsed about his neck, making sure that his blade's hilt was visible in spite of it. Once he was certain he looked as well as he could before his wash, he took to observing the room in detail.

It was indeed, a very fine room. Castle Raen was famous for its beauty, and he was always breathtaken by his sojourns to it. Actually getting to see more of the inside of this magnificent structure just further impressed him, and he was glad to see that the King treated his guests very well. His attention, however, was quickly drawn to the small man sleeping upon the bed. He was curioius how he had come to earn the trust of the King, but did not wish to wake him. He pondered how many more would come, where they would come from, and how they came to know the King. Perhaps they had already arrived, and were simply been wandering about the castle?

Not even knowing where to begin to explore, Ser Mordren quickly became lost in thought.

Forever Curious
2010-05-25, 01:46 PM
As you gawk at the room's splendor, the door bursts open suddenly as what can only be described as a living mountain enters. The figure is clad in a bright red breastplate with a familiar emblem: a teardrop-shape surrounded by flares. You recognize this as the emblem of the Bloodstorm House, family of some of the mightiest and ferocious warriors who serve the kingdom. His head is uncovered, revealing a face gnarled with the signs of violence with less than tidy hair. At his hip hangs a large worn greataxe, the same color of his armor.

"Oye!" bellows the man upon seeing you. "Ser Mordren!?"

CrypticOcean
2010-05-25, 02:26 PM
Upon hearing the man, Mordren quickly snapped out of his contemplation. He immediately recognized the man's House. House Bloodstorm warriors were courageous and relentless fighters, unwilling to flee or yield until they or their enemy was dead. They operated much more like a tribe of warriors than a House of nobles, and that suited Mordren just fine. He bowed deeply in respect to the warrior before speaking.

"Aye, I am he. My apologies, but you seem to have me at a disadvantage. I am well aware of your house, but I do not seem to recall your name, Ser. I feel as though I should, but the duties of the estate have taken their toll upon my memory." he said politely. He hoped that the man was not too offended by his memory lapse.

Forever Curious
2010-05-25, 02:46 PM
The man looks down at you for a second, then lets out a loud laugh.

"I knows you won't be the knowing me," he replies, his voice thick with an unusual accent. "I be Nort, general of Bloodstorm House. Fought orcs ago in years, think I. You strong man. I likes it." You hear a yawn behind you as the sleeping man awakes, peering at you in a squint.

"...so loud..." you hear him mutter as he stands, allowing you to get a better look at him. He is clad in a simple robe with strange embroideries, which you recognize as arcane symbols of some sort. His hair is long but kept back in a pony tail, revealing a smooth clean face and deep green eyes.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-26, 11:44 AM
With the sudden entrance of Nort, Mordren had almost forgotten that there was another man in the room. He decided that it would only be polite to finish pleasantries with General Nort before apologizing to the Arcanist for awakening him.

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you then, General Nort. I also have heard nothing but good things from your House. I hope I can live up to whatever you have heard about me." he said with a slight bow. He then turned to the mage, bowing slightly as well.

"And my apologies to you, my lord. You were slumbering so quietly that I scarcely recalled you were there. General Nort and I can carry on our conversation elsewhere if you still desire some rest." he says with a nod towards the door.

Forever Curious
2010-05-26, 01:09 PM
The robed man smiles and raises a hand. "Perish the thought, my good man. It does not do to sleep more than one should..." The man yawns again with a stretch. "And no need to be so formal with me. I am no lord, merely an apprentice of sorts. Mandric is my name." Mandric looks up at Nort. "Ah, a Bloodstorm knight. This makes us quite a team indeed...

CrypticOcean
2010-05-30, 01:04 PM
"A pleasure, Mandric. I am Ser Mordren Silvermoor, of House Silvermoor. And this is General Nort, as I mentioned earlier. Are we all the King has selected, or do more come?"

Ser Mordren was pleased to see his companions were amiable sorts. It always seemed that there was at least one person in a gathering that was stand-offish and hard to get along with. He hoped that if more of the King's chosen were to come, they would not include such a person. At the present, at least, Mordren was glad that these two were to be his fellow Wanderers.

He was curious as to what their specific task would be. In fact, as Mordren thought on it more and more, he became increasingly anxious. He had almost wished he had left his armour on so that he could sally forth as soon as the King briefed them. He did not wish to bother a servant or one of his new compatriots to assist him with the task, so he would have to arm himself when the time was right. After all, he still had to wait a day before they were officially ordained. He awaited an answer from either one of his compatriots. If they were all that had been gathered, he would allow them to suggest what the group should occupy their time with. He was happy to journey to any part of the castle.