PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Power Points

bartman
2010-05-24, 11:38 AM
I am somewhat confused as to how the Bonus Power Point Table (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/index.htm#tableAbilityModifiersandBonusPowerPoints ) works. Example, If I play a Psychic Warrior, and I have a WIS of 20. At 1st level, I gain 2 pp. At 2nd level, would i gain 5 pp (total 7), or 3,(total 5)?

Draz74
2010-05-24, 11:42 AM
I am somewhat confused as to how the Bonus Power Point Table (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/index.htm#tableAbilityModifiersandBonusPowerPoints ) works. Example, If I play a Psychic Warrior, and I have a WIS of 20. At 1st level, I gain 2 pp. At 2nd level, would i gain 5 pp (total 7), or 3,(total 5)?

3 (total 5). Sorry.

bartman
2010-05-24, 11:44 AM
Thats kinda what I figured it was, woulda been nice to have it the other way though

thanks for answering so quickly

Draz74
2010-05-24, 11:48 AM
'Twould be nice if a Level 20 Fighter had a Base Attack Bonus of +210, by the same principle, too. :smallwink:

Patrikc
2010-05-24, 11:51 AM
You gain bonus power points equal to [Manifesting class levels] * [Manifesting stat's modifier] / 2, rounded down.

It's a good formula for when you don't have the table handy. :)

jokey665
2010-05-24, 12:03 PM
You gain bonus power points equal to [Manifesting class levels] * [Manifesting stat's modifier] / 2, rounded down.

It's a good formula for when you don't have the table handy. :)

It's actually manifester level and not manifesting class levels, which is nice with ML-boosters and for multiclass characters with Practiced Manifester.

Patrikc
2010-05-24, 04:37 PM
It's actually manifester level and not manifesting class levels, which is nice with ML-boosters and for multiclass characters with Practiced Manifester.

You're correct. Text-trumps-table ftw!

Although, Practiced Manifester states that it does not affect "powers per day" - arguably it refers to the bonus power points, but it is something that is up to interpretation.

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-24, 05:09 PM
You're correct. Text-trumps-table ftw!

Although, Practiced Manifester states that it does not affect "powers per day" - arguably it refers to the bonus power points, but it is something that is up to interpretation.The only class that grants powers per day is the erudite, in the form of Unique Powers Per Day.

That, and it was just a crappy copy/paste of Practiced Spellcaster.

Though according to the way power points work, it's based on your manifester level, which is improved by Practiced Manifester. You do the math.