PDA

View Full Version : When You Stare Into The Abyss... IC

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-24, 01:08 PM
It is a warm, sunny day in the harbor town of Freeport. The streets are filled to bursting with creatures of many sorts, for not only is it market day but several ships of refugees have recently docked and spilled their passengers into the city. A few miles down the coast, one of the smaller cities in the area melded with a small chunk of the Abyss about a week ago, and those who survived the attack fled with their lives while the demons merrily trashed the town.

In light of this development, the mayor of Freeport has sent out a call for any who would strike back against the demons to come to the city; it is a central location among the outlying cities, and it makes a tempting target of its own, so if a sizable force could be raised, they might have some defense against the demonic threat. Some who answered the call came in one of the many ships that arrive each day; some live in the city already; some even volunteered from among the refugees; all are ready to give their lives to halt this abyssal incursion into the world.

At the moment, you find yourselves in a garden overlooking the docks, along with a handful of other mercenaries, soldiers, thrill-seekers, and adventurers; only a few have shown up thus far, but it is hoped that more will be arriving in the next few days. As you are the first to volunteer, the mayor has asked to meet with you, and has provided light fare for you to munch on while you become acquainted with those who may become your companions in arms. He should be arriving in an hour or so; meanwhile, feel free to mingle with the others.

Take some time to introduce your characters, and once everyone is sufficiently in-character we'll move things along. The OOC thread is here.

Goldfly
2010-05-24, 01:44 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen stood in the midst of the crowd of mercenaries and trained warriors, feeling slightly uncomfortable, perhaps because some of the assembled people were staring at his trained bulette, Dworak. He thought of the time he had come to the town of Freepot with his children... It had never been quite this busy. Gonen walked over to the table containing the assorted food, picking up a celery stick and munching on it. He thought to himself about the invasion of the fiends; this would definitely be an excellent place for them to attack, if they wished to kill as many innocents as possible.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-24, 02:27 PM
Percy

Across the room, a young looking noble saw Sir Gonen's bulette, and was overcome with curiosity. Hurrying across the room, Percy eagerly introduced himself.

"Hello, sir. I am Percy Delacroix, and I must say your pet is quite amazing. Sink me, is that a landshark? However did you get it trained?"

Goldfly
2010-05-24, 02:39 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen turned towards Percy, shaking his hand, and said "I am Sir Gonen Angula. Pleased to meet you, Percy. Now, about Dwomak? I slew his mother in a battle 15 years ago, and a dwarf by the name of Arthic trained him for me. Amazing beast, isn't he? Relatively tame, as well. Anyway, enough about me. What brought you here, Mr. Delacroix?"

Chaelos
2010-05-24, 04:23 PM
Gabriel

A tall, slender man stood somewhat off from most of the other assorted mercenaries, eyeing the whole ceremony with a faintly bemused expression. He wore only plain, loose-fitting gray clothing belted with a sturdy-looking leather strap, and carried only a plain-looking satchel of some sturdy hide across his shoulder. Reaching into the satchel, he produced a small, silver flask, from which he proceeded to drink.

Dangling from his loose left sleeve, a small, brown bat slept peacefully. As it rested, though, the little bat emitted the tiniest of sneezes, its small body convulsing under the force of the blast; the man chuckled.

"You never did like the pollen in this part of the world, did you, Mina?"

To anyone listening without the aid of magic, his words would have sounded like Common forced through a blender operated by a troupe of Gibbering Mouthers after a rousing night at the mead hall; the bat, however, clucked back at him in a higher-pitched version of the same language, and he stroked its head gently.

"If it wasn't important, we wouldn't be here. I'm sorry, old friend."

His eyebrow rose in amusement as he noticed the bulette lumbering through the crowd, all the telltale signs of wildness gone from its stance and eyes. He whistled, softly, his hand subconsciously going to the place at his stomach where just such a creature had nearly bitten him in half four decades prior.

"This may not have been a waste of time after all," he mused aloud as he continued to watch the unfolding scene.

Ryuuk
2010-05-24, 09:13 PM
Seri

<Giant>
"That thing's big, is it one of them?"
"Don't be daft, if it were all these humans would be running and screaming."
"It's just a question, it's clear it doesn't belong here though."
"It's not like we belong here either."
"You do."
"...."
"Face it, this is your kind, you'd be just like them if---"
"---Do you know what it is Seri?"
"....I know I've seen them before, in one of Grandmother's lessons. It's either a bulette or a thoqqua, I can't remember which, but it's not a spirit. It's just a rare thing that burrows."
"That thing burrows? It's so big though, it must leave caves behind."
"Lets have a closer look!"
"Sure, sounds fun."
"Fine, fine..."
</Giant>

A young woman with a small frame made her way through the crowd, towards the bulette. She had pale skin, long black hair and at the moment wore an old weathered shirt with no sleeves, pants just as traveled and a pair of boots. At her back was a pack and a shield and at her side a set of idols and an axe. She had no trouble getting past the crowd, but that may have been more because of her companions. She sat atop a large white wolf with a harness and a seat, and rode alongside another one, slightly larger, but definitely fiercer looking. The fact that their speaking amongst themselves in a strange tongue might have something to do with it too.

When she reaches the landshark, she immediately jumps off and goes to its side and places a hand on it. <Giant>"Come here, now tell me, are you a Thoqqua or a Bulette?"</Giant> She smiles as it calls its attention.

The wolf she was riding simple watches on, while the other looks form side to side. <Giant>"Hey Seri, it looks like it has a master."</Giant> It seems to nod towards Gonen.

Tacitus
2010-05-25, 01:34 AM
Wogg-Gexxa Todarg, He Who Would be General
HP: 163/163 AC:26+5 T:14+5 FF:26+5 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+40
Condition: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Ghost Step, Die at -20, +2vs Charm/Comp
Str: 14 Dex: 18 Con: 26 Int: 14 Wis: 14 Cha: 14
Fort: 29+4 Ref: 9+5 Will: 11+4

A gauntletted hand prods idly at the prepared food with a cloak obscuring the majority of his massive form. His hood is pulled low to conceal his face and his silvery-blue steel gauntlets studded with gleaming sapphire gems conceal his hands and the majority of his arms. Though he is truly and utterly massive he seems to have just the same grace as any elf and his feet make not a single sound as he shuffles through the party. This man is not a man at all, but a hobgoblin warrior known as Wogg, He Who Would be General.

Inside his cloak he is a creature of extreme physical power and spiritual might. His gauntlets are a blend of supple black gloves studded with gleaming sapphires and plate gauntlets of a silvery-blue metal. His feet are even furrier than normal, bristling with wolf's fur and sandals that extend up his calves which send veins of azure light into his thighs. For now he says nothing to anyone around him.

Incarnum Spoiler
Essentia:20 (-3) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 4
Capacity Bonuses: +1 for bold, +1 for Underlined
Bonuses are Insight unless noted otherwise
If the Chakra below have an essentia, anything in it is treated as having 1 extra essentia.
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[4] Crystal Helm: +2 Resistance vs Charm/Compulsion. +E Deflection to AC
[0] Acrobat Boots: +2+2E Balance, Escape Artist, Jump, Tumble
[0] Impulse Boots: Uncanny Dodge. +E Enhancement to Reflex
: Evasion
[6] [B]Worg Pelt: +2+2E Competence to Hide/MS
[Bound]: +5+5E Land Speed, untyped
[0] Theft Gloves: +2+2E Disable Device, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand. Can use untrained.
[Bound]: Trapfinding
[0] Lightning Gauntlets: 1d6+Ed6 Electricity
[Bound]: Applies to Weapon Damage
[4] Incarnate Avatar: +E Untyped on one: Skills, Attacks, Saves, AC, or x2 on Damage

Incarnum Feats: Capacity 3
[3] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2E as Swift

Other pertinent Information:
Ghost Step: Survival to Track must beat Move Silently, Darkstalker feat (blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense, etc must make Listen vs Move Silently, Control Sound/Silence/Ventriloquism, can take -10 to use my Move Silently for others w/in 30ft.

Rapid Meldshaping 2/day: Reshape and Rebind all soulmelds as Full Round

Ernir
2010-05-25, 01:37 PM
Karamandes

You hear someone speak up near the bulette. Standing close to it is an elf, grey-skinned, grey-haired and grey-clad, a drab combination that seems just perfect if one doesn't want to be looked at twice. Now that you hear him speak, however, his presence could hardly be more obvious, his voice having a rather distinguishing nasal sound.
He seems to be talking to the bulette rather than any person in the group.

(In elven) "Good landshark. Goooood landshark. You must sure come in handy when your owner is getting pestered by kids, right?"

Wild Empathy to try to make the bulette like me: [roll0]

EDIT: Oh, crap. Mr. Landshark doesn't like me.

Ryuuk
2010-05-25, 02:25 PM
Seri

<Giant>"Can't be a very good one if that's how he treats it."</Giant> She leaves the bulette alone and heads towards the grey elf.

<Giant>
"That's not who she-"
"Shh"
</Giant>

"You'll get it angry if you keep that up you know. You can't treat it like an animal, they hate that sort of thing." Seri shook her head. The larger white wolf followed behind her, while the other one stayed put and watched from afar, it knew better then to get in her way.

Goldfly
2010-05-25, 02:31 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen turns towards the two humanoids speaking to the bullete in starnge tongues, saying "Be careful, Dwomak can be a bit antsy among other large creatures", before turning back towards Percy.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-25, 03:07 PM
Percy

Percy quickly broke out of looking at the strange circumstances happening in front of him for long enough to speak. My, you seem to be the life of the party, Sir Gonan. As for your question, I know a bit of swordsmanship. I'm not terribly good, but I think I may be of use in a fight. Showing the blade on his hip, a green handle with a hilt shaped ornamentally as a rose blossom. My family's sword, the Sword of Roses, is blessed. It should be able to pierce the hides of those terrible demons running about. I may even get a book deal out of all this. Have you ever read Lilimond's The Count of Arast? It's truly magnificent. But enough about me, what brings all of you here? Percy says, looking around at the crowd that has gathered around them.

Ryuuk
2010-05-25, 03:38 PM
Seri

<Giant>"Let it get antsy, I'd show it who's boss around here."</Giant>

Seri gives the larger wolf a look that could kill. It returns it, but eventually backs down, and goes to lay down next to the more docile one. The smaller one almost seems to snicker, but a look from its kin shuts it up. Seri just shakes her head before turning to the other humans and the huge burrower.

"Dwomak, Sir Gonan and Percy." She nods to herself, pausing as she mouths the names again before continuing. "I see, well, we come from the mountains, if you're fighting 'demons' then I we must be here for the same thing." She steps forward and puts a hand before her, towards Percy. It is covered in strange red marking resembling gashes. They run all the way up her arm and neck until they finally stop at her jaw. She smiles. "My name is Seri, and those are Fimbul and Nevi." She points towards the wolves with her free hand. The smaller one seems to nod while the larger one seems to be ignoring them.

Goldfly
2010-05-25, 04:14 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen nods and smiles as he listens to Percy talk. "No, I haven't. It sounds quite familiar, though. I came to this wonderful city out of a wish to prevent the fiends from destroying everything I care about. More specifically, I came to protect my family. He smiles, saying "I have two children at home, Tanix, and Soyala.I figured my abilities would be best served fighting the monstrosities on the front lines.And you've all already met Dwomak, so..."He pats the bulette, before turning to look at Seri. "You come from the mountains, Seri? That's interesting. Must be a hard life, with the lack of available commerce, and what not. Fimbul and Nevi must make things easier, though."

Ryuuk
2010-05-26, 01:52 AM
Seri

"Commerce... you're right, we rarely saw any travelers. The mountains provided though, it was just a lot of moving about. Life was as good, much simpler then here in the lowlands. It was paradise." Nevi, the one carrying her gear, seems to nod. Fimbul, the larger one, continues to lay down and turn elsewhere, she simply puffs out a small cloud of frost.

"We're here to reclaim it. Our home changed when those things started appearing. We figured, if we stop them, things should come return in time, no?" She turns to the grey elf and wonders if she was supposed to invite him into the conversation.

Tacitus
2010-05-26, 03:57 AM
Wogg

Bits of food disappear under the hood of the cloak, and the longer the hobgoblin has to stand around listening to people talk about nonsense or things that he isn't particularly interested in he'll continue devouring whatever he can get his teeth around. He so very disliked landsharks, but more on principle than anything else.

Ernir
2010-05-26, 08:12 PM
Karamandes

The very grey elf turns away from the bulette and towards the other humanoids, trying his best to act as if nothing happened.

"We're here to reclaim it. Our home changed when those things started appearing. We figured, if we stop them, things should come return in time, no?" She turns to the grey elf and wonders if she was supposed to invite him into the conversation.

"Hrmph. I was in the fiend-killing business a few decades before you were born. One thing I know, and that is that there are always more of them."
He shrugs, looking nonchalant.
"Doesn't stop me from trying to end all of them, though..."

Goldfly
2010-05-27, 04:15 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen raises an eyebrow at the elf, saying "That's a bit of a waste of resources, isn't it? Also, what was your name?"

Ryuuk
2010-05-27, 10:29 PM
Seri

Seri stops and lowers her gaze. "You don't look so... Oh, you're an elf, I guess that makes sense." She shrugs. "If they're endless, then so be it. I'm only after one in particular and I know I can figure out how to fix the damage."

Something seemed odd to her though. "Has this happened before? I thought the 'fiends' were only starting to appear recently. How have you been killing them for so long?"

Chaelos
2010-05-28, 06:43 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel, having grown marginally bored with looking over the proceedings from a distance, decided to approach the group of people who appeared to be the most competent of all the gathered "adventurers."

<Master/Familiar language>"Don't worry, Mina; I'm sure this landshark won't try to make a snack out of us."</Master/Familiar language>

Casually sauntering towards the gathered group, the elf's lips twisted in what might have been a smile as he heard the end of the most recent exchange.

Seri
"Has this happened before? I thought the 'fiends' were only starting to appear recently. How have you been killing them for so long?"

"It's not a matter of just killing them. Fiends are like ants that way--first you see one, then you see two, then your whole picnic is ruined." He raises an eyebrow. "Not that you look much like the sort for picnics."

The elf seems friendly, but there's definitely something off about him. His movements appear to be slightly out of sync with everything else around him, and every now and again a flash of red sparks across his eyes. He smiles.

"I'm called Gabriel."

Tacitus
2010-05-28, 06:53 PM
Wogg

By now the hobgoblin has probably consumed or stashed about his person roughly half of the food prepared and presented to those waiting. He spares a single glance back towards the growing number of individuals talking about the damned landshark or fiendslaying. He'd much rather be actually doing some of that fiendslaying instead of just discussing it and getting fat on finger sandwiches.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-28, 06:59 PM
Gabriel
"Not that you look much like the sort for picnics."

Percy
"I like picnics." Percy says, gingerly raising his hand. "Though I do agree, these fiends need to be squashed immediately, before they can hurt any more innocent people."

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-28, 07:50 PM
The relative quiet of the gathering is interrupted by footsteps echoing on the marble terrace where the garden meets the mayor's house proper. A balding, somewhat portly man dressed in the finery of a lesser noble rounds the corner and makes his way to your group; at his approach, the servants overseeing the gathering quietly depart.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlebeings, and let me thank you once again for agreeing to join us in defending us and the refugees from the threat of the demons." He gives a short, respectful bow and dabs his forehead with a handkerchief; he is slightly out of breath, and looks to have just run from a meeting or some other concern. "Dealing with the organization and temporary relocation of our neighbors from the south is a complicated--and tiring!--endeavor, let me assure you, and our home guard are fully occupied with that; without your generous assistance, I don't know what we would do."

Grabbing an unclaimed glass of wine from the table, he pulls up a chair and motions for everyone else to do the same. "Now, I'm not a military man by any means, so I won't be of much help directly coordinating your efforts. Is there anything you need to know to make your plans, or anything else I could do to aid you?"

Goldfly
2010-05-29, 02:04 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen pulls up a chair facing the other man, and sits down.
"Sir, what exactly do you want us to do? Just protect the city, or do you have something else in mind?"

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-29, 03:04 PM
"Well, of course our first concern is that we're expecting an attack here, so defense is a high priority," he replies. "If you could go to the city and stop the demonic threat at the source, though, that would be good too."

Chaelos
2010-05-29, 03:17 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel remains standing, his arms crossed, as he studies the mayor with something close to bemusement.

"Fighting a demon army this close to civilians would just be offering them up an all-you-can-slaughter buffet, I think. If we're going to achieve any success here, we have to first keep them far away from any major population centers--at least far enough away to create an effective front to distract them. But in order to do that, we're going to need access to whatever resources you can spare, both in terms of support and in terms of... restorative items."

He smirks, tapping a scar at his temple.

"The wounds left by a demon's claw do not heal easily. Which reminds me: while... dealing with these creatures is my trade, it's only a 'trade' so long as I'm being paid to do it. Not to appear callous in the face of a crisis, but what are you prepared to offer us for our services?"

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-29, 03:31 PM
"Ah, payment, of course," the mayor laughs weakly. "To be perfectly frank, our coffers have become somewhat depleted of late--we've had to feed and house all of the refugees, you understand, and the number of ships willing to dock here with demons in the area is smaller than usual."

"However," he quickly adds, "I have been given to understand that the refugees were able to take very little with them when they fled. Demons don't really concern themselves with material wealth except to destroy it, and there's no point to destroying coins and gems, and, well, they did leave it behind...." He dabs his forehead with his handkerchief again, looking uncomfortable and not meeting anyone's eyes. "I'm sure no one would begrudge you taking a few baubles and trinkets from the wreckage, right?"

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-29, 04:27 PM
Percy

"Looting the wreckage? Sink me, have we become barbarians here?" Percy asks, wiping his brow. Still, if we find anything of value in the town, we should at least try and bring anything important back to its rightful owners. If what you say is true, however, I doubt there would be much of sentimental value left. Still, I'm a bit uncomfortable taking things out of houses as we go."

Tacitus
2010-05-29, 04:41 PM
Wogg

The massive cloaked figure had done his best to conceal his form as he took his seat, but when the subject of payment comes up he leans forward and raises a mailed had to point at Percy. His voice is rough and has the distinct flavor of a goblinoid, "Equity aids the vigilant, not the negligent. This is the concept of laches, of equity. It is ancient law. We are not being evil nor benevolent by looting the homes of the slain and scattered. We are laying claim to objects owned by no one at best and demons at worst."

Ryuuk
2010-05-29, 04:43 PM
Seri

Picnic... eating outside? Where else would you eat? With the mayor's appearance, Seri leaves the thought hanging and signals to her kin. Nevi follows her but Fimbul just shrugs and continues laying down, watching the meeting from afar. She pulls up a chair and takes a seat, the wolf standing guard behind her.

<Giant>"What is with the lowlanders and gold anyway?"</Giant> The wolf murmurs to her ear. He seems more puzzled at the mayor's answer though.

After some consideration, she murmurs back. <Giant>"It's the ownership, I think. Even when they're not carrying them or guarding them, the refugees still feel they own what ever was left in the city...</Giant> She pauses as Percy speaks, which seems to illustrate the point. <Giant>Don't worry, we're still going to use anything we need. They have their rules, we have ours."</Giant>

She turns to the mayor. "So the plan's to reach the city and drive them out. Alright, makes sense. How far is it?"

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-29, 04:45 PM
"Not 'looting the wreckage' or anything so crude!" The mayor draws himself up with a frown. "I simply meant that when you retrieve the refugees' possessions to return to them, you might take a tax off the top! As our cloaked friend, here, has pointed out"--he motions to Wogg--"since it's all effectively lost right now, you wouldn't be hurting anyone to take a few percent for a finder's fee."

A smile returns to his face with the change of topic. "The city is, oh, three or four miles down the coast, not too far in nautical terms. We do have some spare trawlers now that trade has slowed a bit, so transportation shouldn't be a problem."

Ryuuk
2010-05-29, 05:05 PM
Seri

As the cloaked figure speaks, Nevi notes the difference in scent. Still, he seemed to think more like they did, that was enough for him.

"Trawlers...? Oh, by sea. By sea..." She turns to Nevi, then Fimbul, then lastly to Dwomak. "Can they carry all of us?"

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-29, 05:34 PM
"I believe so, yes; they usually carry a crew of a score or so, so even if you take your pets along you should have room to spare."

Goldfly
2010-05-29, 06:04 PM
Sir Gonen

"Brilliant, I'd be glad to help protect the city from those foul demons! Anything to thin the herd."

Ernir
2010-05-29, 07:29 PM
Karamandes

The elf ignores the others' inquiries, using the mayor's speech as cover. He puts up a scowl as he listens. "No pay but what we can scrounge off the locals. Typical. Oh, well. It's not like I took up this mantle because the pay was so steady..."

Out loud, he simply asks "How soon can we get those boats out?"

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-29, 10:30 PM
The mayor spreads his arms and shrugs. "As soon as everyone is ready, I suppose; we could go now if you wish."

Ernir
2010-05-30, 06:11 PM
The mayor spreads his arms and shrugs. "As soon as everyone is ready, I suppose; we could go now if you wish."

"I don't have much holding me up. Let me get some supplies, and I could be ready within the hour.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-30, 06:30 PM
"Excellent. I'll have the crew prepare the boat, and once they're ready and crewed you can leave at your convenience." The mayor rises and heads to the door, having a short conversation with one of the servants stationed outside. Returning to the group, he grabs a second glass of wine and seats himself. "Meanwhile, enjoy the rest of the hors d'oeuvre; I don't have another meeting until after preparations are due to be finished, so I'll be here until then in case you need anything else."

Chaelos
2010-05-30, 06:48 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel's eyes narrow dangerously as the mayor informs him that their only reward will be salvage, but after a minute he shrugs.

"I've got nothing better to do. I'll head to the ship."

He begins walking toward the boats, having touched none of the food set out.

Goldfly
2010-05-30, 08:20 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen stand up, walks toward the table, and picks up some food, waiting to see what the other adventurers choose to do.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-30, 09:05 PM
Percy

Gathering up his things, Percy walks out towards the boats, still looking a bit uncomfortable about the salvaging, but determined to carry on destroying the demons nonetheless.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-05-31, 08:55 PM
Not too long thereafter, another servant enters and notifies everyone that the boat is prepared. The mayor takes his leave, and asks the servant to lead everyone ready to go down to the boats. Five of you follow him, Gabriel already having left; the other adventurers still need to finish preparations, and should meet you shortly.

The path to the docks heads through the market square, and your progress slows to a crawl as you have to negotiate refugees, shoppers, beasts of burden, carts and stalls, and other impediments. You've just about caught up to Gabriel when screams of fear go up from the center of the crowd; cruel laughter from not-at-all-human throats swiftly follows. Several plumes of smoke rise into the air where demons suddenly appeared, and through the panicking crowd you can glimpse more than a score of them terrorizing the townspeople and refugees. Near the center of the marketplace, several feathered demons rise slightly above the crowd, laughing and cawing, and then descend once more.

Everyone roll initiative. We'll be doing group initiative, so we'll average the party's initiative and demons' initiative to see who goes first.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-31, 09:20 PM
Percy's Initiative: [roll0]

Ryuuk
2010-05-31, 09:55 PM
Seri

<Giant>
"By Boat! Why by boat!?"
"They say its faster it should only take us a few hours..."
"But we'll be dead if we run into them there, we'll be useless. And if the cities infested then why are we being taken into the middle of it?"
"These people seem to know what their doing, lets just try and trust them for a bit."
"Easy for you to say, you couldn't rip their throats off. The 'burrower' thing probably has more fight in it then all of them together. That's not going to help against those things."
"Hmm... You said something very similar before we left, how'd that turn out again?"
"Tss... That's different and you know it... I'm just saying I'll trust them when I see them in action, lets just go to the damn dock then..."
</Giant>
---

Seri's Initiative: [roll0]

Nevi and Fimbul's, if they're factored in too:

Nevi: [roll1]
Fimbul: [roll2]

Chaelos
2010-06-01, 12:28 AM
Gabriel

Aboard the ship, Gabriel had just finished belting his sword at his hip and making the final adjustments to his dark armor when the cry went up amidst the town square.

"Damn; they're here already..."

[roll0]

Goldfly
2010-06-01, 05:34 AM
Gonen's Initiative
1d20 +7
Dwomak's initiative
[roll0]

Ernir
2010-06-01, 04:01 PM
Karamandes

"FIENDS!"

[roll0]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-01, 05:57 PM
Map--Round 1

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-0.png

The brown areas are carts, tables, etc. that provide cover and can be moved around, knocked over, and so on. The dark gray areas on the sides are storefronts, houses, etc. about one story high that you can jump/climb/fly on top of. The top left opening leads to the docks and the bottom one leads back to the gardens. The Ds are the little clawed demons and the Vs are the birdlike demons; the letters are the PCs, with companions/mounts adjacent. The area is full of civilians, so all unmarked squares are counted as difficult terrain and any area effects will hit a bunch of bystanders.

Ernir
2010-06-01, 06:10 PM
Karamandes

"Well, I told you their numbers were limitless." the elf says with a voice full of the confidence of someone who was just proven right, but those who look at his face see he has a worried frown.

Delaying, want to know where you guys end up before moving. My squishy self does not want to be within charging distance of that horde. :smalleek:

Rolling Knowledge Devotion:
[roll0]

Goldfly
2010-06-01, 06:37 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen mutters something under his breath, before walking into the midsts of three small, clawed demons, shadows clinging to him in an obviously supernatural fashion. As he walks into the fray, he pulls out the long, spiked chain he carries with him at all times. He swings the chain around, and attempts to hit the fiend to the right of him with it.

Meanwhile, Dwomak lumbers in the direction of another small demon, before biting at it.

Gonen activates Child of the Shadows as a swift action,walks diagnally north-west one square, straight north another two(move action), and attacks the fiend to his right.
[roll0], [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3] damage.
Attacks are Good and Lawful alinged.
Dwomak walks in between the demon that Gonen attacked, and the one on the far right, hitting it with a bite attack.
[roll4], [roll5]damage.

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-01, 10:58 PM
Percy
"Into the fire we go, my friends! Let's give these demons a rosy outlook on life!" With that, Percy draws the Sword of Roses and moves toward the closest demon, flickering briefly before skewering the fiend on his blade.

Action: Activate Assassin's Stance as a swift action, then move 2 spaces up northeast, then attack the demon. (Dashing Strike: Rosy Outlook. (Cha to damage, 2d6 sneak attack from Assassin's Stance.)

Rolls:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]
Sneak Attack: [roll4]

Chaelos
2010-06-02, 12:55 AM
Gabriel

Gabriel swears as he draws his longsword. The weapon gleams a dark blue in the midday sun, and as it emerges fully from the sheath, it seems to hum softly--as if anticipating a feast of demon blood to come.

Gabriel mutters a few quick words of power, and his eyes begin to change as arcane energy infuses him--one eye becomes impenetrable black, the other blinding white. The air around him seems to shift, as if Gabriel himself is now moving out of sync with the world around him.

Cast Haste--Free Action, due to Swiftblade level 3
Cast Mage Armor, Greater (Extended)--Standard Action
Draw Slayer, a +1 Evil Outsider Bane Cold Iron Longsword --Move Action

End of turn.

Ryuuk
2010-06-02, 01:57 AM
Seri

<Giant>
"You got you're wish Fimbul, come on!"
"There's too many damned lowlanders!"
"Well move around them, and don't hurt them!"
"Hope on, lets go."
"Arrg, move you stupid... Grr...!"
</Giant>

The larger of the wolves lets out a bloody curdling growl. It carries threatening words in common, clear enough to be understood even if the accent is a bit rough. "Get out of the way!"

As its starts pushing its way through the crowd, Seri just shakes her head. In an instant, she grabs on to Nevi and draws her axe. "Come on!" The pair move forward as well.

Fimbul simply makes her way forward and savagely bites at one of the demons, small whiffs of frosty air making their way out of her snout. Seri and Nevi are a bit more organized though. The other wolf also tries to take a bite out of one of the demons, but its rider is ready to strike the moment the attack makes the demon drop its guard.

Seri will attempt a quick mount on Nevi. Fimbul attacks the demon directly in front of her, to her right. Seri and Nevi move past the pair in front of them but attack one of them from the flank. If Nevi's attack hits, then Seri gets an AoO against the demon thanks to Monstrous Tactics and if that's enough to drop it, then Seri will attempt a quick dismount and land on the the square that belonged to the demon, in order to attack the demon in front of Nevi. If it wasn't then she'll us a standard action attack to try to finish it and then drop to its square.

Alright, kinda complicated, but here goes:

Ride for quick mount (DC 25): [roll0] (Auto succeeds with Nevi)

Fimbul's attack:
Attack: [roll1] (PA for 3)
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll5]
+ Trip: [roll6]

Nevi's attack:
Attack: [roll7]
Crit Confirm: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] + [roll10] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll11]
+ Trip: [roll12]

If Nevi hits, then Seri's AoO:
Attack: [roll13] (+1 for being mounted against a smaller foe)
Crit Confirm: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15] + [roll16] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll17]

Ride for quick dismount (DC 25): [roll18] (Auto succeeds with Nevi)

Seri's attack:
Attack: [roll19] (if she couldn't dismount then +1 for being mounted against a smaller foe)
Crit Confirm: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21] + [roll22] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll23]

That should do it, here's a quick map for how I figured the trio would end up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Jose89/R1.jpg

Nevi's Blue on the left, Fimbul's Gray on the right. Nevi attacked and hopefully killed (with the AoO) the demon that Seri is standing on. Fimbul attacked the demon above her, next to Seri. Seri attacked the demon in front of Nevi.

Ernir
2010-06-02, 07:57 AM
Karamandes

The elf draws his bow, and assumes a sniping position.

Move action: Move to the square Seri occupied at the start of the encounter. (With the Haste active, I can reach it even at half speed), drawing my bow as part of the movement.
Swift action: Activate Punishing Stance.
Standard action: Shoot my bow at the closest living demon. Fires twice due to Splitting, +1 on attack rolls from being Haste-ed, +5 on attack and damage from Point Blank Shot and Knowledge Devotion.
[roll0] for [roll1] damage plus [roll2] cold damage
[roll3] for [roll4] damage plus [roll5] cold damage

Tacitus
2010-06-02, 09:23 PM
Wogg

Flashes of light twist and leap back into the cloak as the last of the noble heroes focuses on being better prepared for this situation.

Using 1 of the 2 daily uses of Rapid Meldshaping Wogg will unshape Lightning Gauntlets to shape and bind the Yrthak Mask as described in my OOC. Full-round, and that is my action for the first round of combat.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-02, 10:37 PM
Focused on tormenting the surrounding civilians, the demons don't see your approach, and your first attack is executed almost flawlessly. The demons Seri and Dwomak struck are barely managing to keep themselves in one piece with their wounds, but the other demons fall quickly in a flurry of swords, arrows, and teeth. Snarling in alarm, the smaller demons give up on the civilians for the time being and start to swarm you; the panicked common folk are starting to make their way out of the marketplace, and the demons take advantage of the openings in the crowd to rush up to you and slash you with their wicked claws.

The birdlike demons, meanwhile, are making no move to attack you. Instead, they have joined hands in groups of three and are cawing an abyssal melody--if a tune discordant enough to shatter adamantine could be called a "melody"--and moving their legs in a parody of dance.

Dwomak
Attack: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]; Damage [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]; Damage [roll5]
Attack: [roll6]; Damage [roll7]
Attack: [roll8]; Damage [roll9]

Percy
Attack: [roll10]; Damage [roll11]

Nevi
Attack: [roll12]; Damage [roll13]
Attack: [roll14]; Damage [roll15]
Attack: [roll16]; Damage [roll17]

Seri
Attack: [roll18]; Damage [roll19]

With the crowd clearing up a bit, all squares are no longer difficult terrain; white squares are normal terrain, pale yellow are crowd squares.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-02, 10:39 PM
Map--Round 2
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-1-1.png

Chaelos
2010-06-02, 11:55 PM
Gabriel

Raising his blade, Gabriel moves deftly through the remaining crowd to place himself beside one of the large, winged demons.

Movement speed: 70 (40 + 30 Haste)
AC: 26 (10 + 6 enhancement + 4 armor + 4 DEX + 1 Haste + 1 Class)
AC vs. Opportunity attacks: 30

Attack Roll vs. closest Vrock: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Confirmation Roll: [roll2]
Outsider Bane Damage: [roll3]
Swift Surge Damage: [roll4]

Knowledge (Planes) check to identify both kinds of demons and the ritual the winged ones are casting: [roll5]
Knowledge (Arcana) check to do the same as the above, if it fits better: [roll6]

Gabriel also speaks Abyssal, so he should know what they're saying.

Movement path:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7035/movementround1.jpg

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-03, 12:30 AM
Gabriel
Gabriel knows that the D's are dretches and the V's are vrocks, but not much about them: he knows dretches are mostly harmless, with no particular special quirks above and beyond the usual demon abilities, and vrocks have the Dance of Ruin, which is the ritual they're currently using:

Dance of Ruin (Su)
To use this ability, a group of at least three vrocks must join hands in a circle, dancing wildly and chanting.

At the end of 3 rounds of dancing, a wave of crackling energy flashes outward in a 100-foot radius. All creatures except for demons within the radius take 20d6 points of damage (Reflex DC 18 half). Stunning, paralyzing, or slaying one of the vrocks stops the dance. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Their chanting is part mystical gibberish, part variations on "KILL MAIM BURN" etc.

Ryuuk
2010-06-03, 03:29 PM
Seri

The dretches are nothing, just numerous, but the vrocks... What are they doing?

The wolves toss the remains of the demons aside. A mix of dodging, a tough hide and chain barding make the attacks against Nevi fail while a quick shove from her shield keeps the Dretch's claws away from her face.

<Giant>
"Is that it Seri? Hehe, yours is still standing."
"Shut up and charge, we'll be right behind you!"
</Giant>

Like before, Nevi crouches for an instant enough time for Seri to leap on its back. Her shadow stays in place though, at least, most of her shadow. It quickly takes the form of another wolf, but in an inky, featureless black and a lower scale. It opens a pair of red, shining eyes, visible only to the dretches beside it. The dark creature causes them to flinch, an opportunity that Seri takes to try and finish her dretch.

Nevi attacks the dretch in front of him as the dark companion stares at it too. As before, Seri looks for an opening as soon as the bite connects. Once the two in front of them have been cleared, the trio and the dark companion rush forward, Fimbul trying to take down another dretch along the way.

Alright, now that there's some room, I'll try to get some help from the Dark Companion. It moves at Seri's speed (30ft, since Seri isn't wearing her armor at the moment) and acts on Seri's turn. As long as it doesn't share its space with anyone else, enemies adjacent to it take a -2 penalty to AC and Saves. It is and is recognized as an insubstantial illusion though, so it won't cause flanking or provoke attacks.

Now for the turn:

Quick Mount on Nevi, should auto succeed but here's the roll just in case.
Ride (DC 25): [roll0]

Seri's attack on the damaged Dretch (Which takes a -2 Penalty to AC)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] Cold

Nevi's attack on the remaining Dretch (Which takes a -2 Penalty to AC)
Attack: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] + [roll9] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll10]
+ Trip: [roll11]

Seri's AoO if the nevi connects and doesn't kill it:
Attack: [roll12]
Crit Confirm: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14] + [roll15] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll16]

Now everyone moves forward, I'll have a quick map edit of the position (and hopeful result of the turn) as soon as I can get into photobucket.

Lastly Fimbul's attack on one of the dretches adjacent to the Dark Companion (Again -2 AC)
Attack: [roll17] (PA for 5)
Crit Confirm: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19] + [roll20] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll21]
+ Trip: [roll22]

Movement:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Jose89/R2.jpg

Goldfly
2010-06-03, 04:10 PM
Sorry; meant to hit preview. Just ignore this post.

Goldfly
2010-06-03, 04:19 PM
Sir Gonen

Sir Gonen looks on as the demons attempt to attack Dwomak, before smashing the dretch in front of him with his chain.

Dwomak, surrounded by small demons, snarls viciously before attacking.

Gonen attacks the one demon can reach; if it dies, he steps into it's space.
First Attack:[roll0] [roll1]+[roll2]
Second Attack:[roll3] [roll4]+[roll5]
Third Attack;[roll6] [roll7]+[roll8]

Dwomak attacks the demon directly north of him.
Bite:[roll9] [roll10]
Claw 1:[roll11] [roll12]
Claw 2:[roll13] [roll14]

Ernir
2010-06-03, 04:31 PM
Karamandes

Karamandes concentrates on one of the winged demons, looking for any and all gaps in its defenses.
"Now, let's see whether you die as the turkey you look like...", he mutters, and starts peppering it with arrows.

Swift action: Activate Guided Strike on the closest bird-demon in the group that is in the upper right corner of the map. Its damage reduction, if any, is ignored for one round.

Full round action: Hasted Rapid Shot on the target. RATATATATATATATA! (Three attacks at full BAB, one at BAB -5 and another at BAB -10, all doubled by Splitting.)
[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] physical damage plus [roll3] cold damage
[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] physical damage plus [roll7] cold damage
[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] physical damage plus [roll11] cold damage
[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] physical damage plus [roll15] cold damage
[roll16] for [roll17] + [roll18] physical damage plus [roll19] cold damage
[roll20] for [roll21] + [roll22] physical damage plus [roll23] cold damage
[roll24] for [roll25] + [roll26] physical damage plus [roll27] cold damage
[roll28] for [roll29] + [roll30] physical damage plus [roll31] cold damage
[roll32] for [roll33] + [roll34] physical damage plus [roll35] cold damage
[roll36] for [roll37] + [roll38] physical damage plus [roll39] cold damage

If the initial target dies, the remaining attacks are redirected at the remaining flying demons in that group, going counter-clockwise (the DR of the rest of them is not ignored). Range penalties are not factored in, but I don't think they apply on the first demon anyway.

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-03, 04:53 PM
Percy
Thanks for the help, Gonen! Percy says as he moves past Gonen after Gonen strikes down the dretch in front of him. Tumbling into position behind the dancing Vrocks, Percy swings his sword into the bottommost dancer. Mind if I cut in? I just hope you can keep up with my steps!

Action:
Tumble up to the lowermost Vrock and make a feint attempt (swift action due to Fast Like a Freak class ability) catching him flat footed for sneak attack. For the attack, I'm using up my "Watch Your Feet" quip for the encounter to knock the Vrock prone if I hit. (Reflex Save DC 23)

Rolls:

Tumble Check: [roll0]
Bluff Check for Feint: [roll1]
Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]
Crit Confirm: [roll4]
Sneak Attack: [roll6]

Tacitus
2010-06-04, 04:30 PM
Wogg
HP: 163/163 AC:26+5 T:14+5 FF:26+5 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+40
Fort: 20+4 Ref: 9+5 Will: 11+4

As the hobgoblin finishes reshaping part of his arsenal he smirks and lowers himself into a crouched position as if to start an all out charge. So far the little ones have fallen fast and the feathered demons, though he knows almost nothing about them, are far too focused on dancing. Suspicious activity in of itself, even from a crazed killing machine, and as such he charges headfirst into battle to get to the farthest group of feathered demons, his cloak billowing behind him and the cowl whipping back at his speed to reveal a strange face, smooth and green-gray in color with a long horn protruding from where his eyes should be with a long jaw reminiscent of a crocodile. Ruddy brown hair and fur bunches around the edges of the smooth alien flesh. As he charges through the crowd he throws himself into the air, gleaming blue light trailing behind him as he leaps past one of the demons entirely.

Hmm... lets see. To begin with he will use a Swift Action to activate his Acrbat Boots magic item, using a single charge to grant him +10ft speed. (or two charges for 15ft if my math is wrong.)

Move action with an 90ft move has him running straight forward at the dretch directly in his path and making a jump check to leap over it and land at ... D16 (the non-mob-filled square)? This is assuming columns are letters starting from the left and rows from the top are numbered. I was going to add a map, but its a straight line all the way.
Jump Check: To get where he wants to go he needs to clear 20ft of movement. He has a +6 jump naturally and +20 on top of that for movement this round. So a +26 to hit a 25 (20ft of movement plus 5 to remain standing because he is untrained) is an autosuccess.

Move Action should land him at D7, right next to one of the Vrocks, drawing his +1 Cold Iron Morningstar with Fiendslayer Crystal attached as part of this movement.

He doesn't give a damn about AoOs.
Incarnum Spoiler
If the Chakra below have an essentia, anything in it is treated as having 1 extra essentia.
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[0] Theft Gloves: +2+2E Disable Device, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand. Can use untrained.
[0] Yrthak Mask: +4+2E Listen
[Bound]: Once every other round Ed6 Sonic Ranged Touch, no AoO
[4] Incarnate Avatar: +E Untyped on one: Skills, Attacks, Saves, AC, or x2 on Damage

[3] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2E as Swift. Uses Remaining: [3/3]

Ghost Step: Survival to Track must beat Move Silently, Darkstalker feat (blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense, etc must make Listen vs Move Silently, Control Sound/Silence/Ventriloquism, can take -10 to use my Move Silently for others w/in 30ft.

Rapid Meldshaping 2/day: Reshape and Rebind all soulmelds as Full Round. Uses Remaining: [1/2]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-04, 10:30 PM
Once again, the rather unfortunate dretches die in droves like the expendable fodder they are; if their bodies remained when they died rather than vanishing in a puff of sulfurous smoke, Nevi, Fimbul, and Dwomak wouldn't need to eat again for a week.

Karamandes sends a volley of arrows across the market, narrowly skimming over an overturned wagon and missing the wall by inches, and thudding heavily into two vrocks. One of them manages to keep chanting and dancing with only a minor interruption, but the other one keels over with a pathetic-sounding squawk. The other two stutter to a stop, and a ring of harmless light flashes out from them and through the crowd, making the already-scared common folk trip and stumble about with the light in their eyes. Both Percy's rapier wit and rapier blade are ineffective against his target; his pun sails harmlessly over the vrocks head as his blade sweeps harmlessly under its dancing feet, nicking its leg but not hitting anything vital.

While the vrocks are discombobulated, Gabriel swoops in and opens a gash in the already-wounded demon's side. Wogg ignores the dretches in front of him entirely to barge, flip, and sidestep his way to the third group of vrocks. Furious at their interference, dretches rush in to surround both of them, slashing at them with their claws. Dretches also rush Nevi and Fimbul in retaliation for their fallen friends comrades allies other demons not immediately planning to kill them. The vrocks, of course, continue dancing as if oblivious to the battle raging around them.

AoO on Gabriel
Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]

Regular attacks on Gabriel
Attack: [roll2]; Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]; Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6]; Damage: [roll7]
Attack: [roll8]; Damage: [roll9]
Attack: [roll10]; Damage: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12]; Damage: [roll13]

AoOs on Wogg
Attack: [roll14]; Damage: [roll15]
Attack: [roll16]; Damage: [roll17]

Regular attacks on Wogg
Attack: [roll18]; Damage: [roll19]
Attack: [roll20]; Damage: [roll21]
Attack: [roll22]; Damage: [roll23]
Attack: [roll24]; Damage: [roll25]

Nevi
Attack: [roll26]; Damage: [roll27]

Fimbul
Attack: [roll28]; Damage: [roll29]
Attack: [roll30]; Damage: [roll31]
Attack: [roll32]; Damage: [roll33]

Dwomak
Attack: [roll34]; Damage: [roll35]
Attack: [roll36]; Damage: [roll37]
Attack: [roll38]; Damage: [roll39]
Attack: [roll40]; Damage: [roll41]
Attack: [roll42]; Damage: [roll43]
Attack: [roll44]; Damage: [roll45]

Percy's Vrock
Sense Motive: [roll46]
Reflex: Attack: [roll47]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-04, 10:33 PM
Map--Round 3
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-2-1.png

Ernir
2010-06-05, 12:53 PM
Karamandes

"HEH! You're not so tough." he says, and shifts his aim west. "Time to up the ante."

My targets: The closest Vrock in the group in the upper left corner of the map. If the first Vrock dies, switch to the next, going clockwise.

5' step north.
Swift action to ignore the DR of the first Vrock.
Full round action: Hasted Arrow Swarm. (My way of power attacking, really. :smalltongue:)

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] physical damage plus [roll3] cold damage
[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] physical damage plus [roll7] cold damage

[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] physical damage plus [roll11] cold damage
[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] physical damage plus [roll15] cold damage

[roll16] for [roll17] + [roll18] physical damage plus [roll19] cold damage
[roll20] for [roll21] + [roll22] physical damage plus [roll23] cold damage

[roll24] for [roll25] + [roll26] physical damage plus [roll27] cold damage
[roll28] for [roll29] + [roll30] physical damage plus [roll31] cold damage

[roll32] for [roll33] + [roll34] physical damage plus [roll35] cold damage
[roll36] for [roll37] + [roll38] physical damage plus [roll39] cold damage (Ach, sorry, one copypasta too many.)

[roll40] for [roll41] + [roll42] physical damage plus [roll43] cold damage
[roll44] for [roll45] + [roll46] physical damage plus [roll47] cold damage

[roll48] for [roll49] + [roll50] physical damage plus [roll51] cold damage
[roll52] for [roll53] + [roll54] physical damage plus [roll55] cold damage

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-05, 01:10 PM
Percy
Ah, you're good! Percy says as the Vrock dodges over the trip. However, I am better! Because unlike you, I can Dance! All! Night! Percy says, punctuating each word with a new stab.

Action: Full attack the Vrock, Feinting on the last attack.

Rolls:

Attack 1:[roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1] +8 if hit
Crit Confirm 1: [roll2]
Crit Damage 1: [roll3]

Attack 2:[roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] +8 if hit
Crit Confirm 2: [roll6]
Crit Damage 2: [roll7]

Bluff: [roll8]
Attack 3:[roll9]
Damage 3: [roll10] +8 if hit
Crit Confirm 3: [roll11]
Crit Damage 3: [roll12]
Sneak Attack: [roll13]

Chaelos
2010-06-05, 03:43 PM
Gabriel

Though now surrounded by demons, Gabriel holds no fear for himself; yet, realizing that time is of the essence, he hurtles himself at the dretch to his left and twists his body in a somersault.

Whoof, complicated turn. Bear with me.

Tumble check to move through the dretch's square: [roll0]

If success, see below.
If fail, power attack [5] against the dretch: [roll1] for [roll2] + [roll3] damage (cold iron bane longsword)

If Tumbling is a success:

Gabriel moves thusly:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9458/movementround3.jpg

He then casts Shadow Evocation on the circled Vrock, using the spell to emulate the Resilient Sphere spell.

DC 23 Will save to disbelieve, but 20% chance to still work even if disbelieved; DC 23 Reflex save to negate.

Spell Resistance roll: [roll4]

Tacitus
2010-06-05, 03:49 PM
Wogg
HP: 163/163 AC:26+1 T:14+1 FF:26+1 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+20
Fort: 20+0 Ref: 9+5 Will: 11+0

Though he knows that his chances of bringing these feathered beasts down himself are fairly low, he can at least draw the attention of the demon spawn and attempt to weaken the foul fowl. He swipes up at his target with the morningstar and then thrusts his head forward as a scream of unbearable sound lances out from the horn.

Swift Action: Reallocate Essentia.
-4 Untyped Saves
-4 Deflection AC
-8 Competence Hide/MS, -20ft Untyped Speed
+4d6 to Yrthak Mask, +8 Competence Listen
+8 Untyped Damage (any damage roll)
+4 Insight Reflex

Free: If possible 5ft step Northwest to get out of flanking and still target the lower Vrock. Edit: Or Northeast to target the eastern Vrock if K puts down the one in front of Wogg before he can take his action.

Full Round: Full Attack. Morningstar smack and a Yrthak Mask Sonic Lance

Morningstar Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +[roll2] [Magic, Good, Cold Iron]

Sonic Lance Ranged Touch: [roll3]
Sonic Damage: [roll4]
SR: [roll5]

Crit rolls if needed:
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Edit: Le sigh, far too tanky and not enough dakka or choppa.
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[0] Crystal Helm: +2 Resistance vs Charm/Compulsion. +E Deflection to AC
[4] Impulse Boots: Uncanny Dodge. +E Enhancement to Reflex
[4] Yrthak Mask: +4+2E Listen

Rapid Meldshaping 2/day: Reshape and Rebind all soulmelds as Full Round. Uses Remaining: [1/2]

Goldfly
2010-06-05, 07:01 PM
Sir Gonen

As the Demons fall to his chain, Gonen turns to see Percy attacking the large winged demon.He rushes over to him, attacking every demon he comes across, before saying "Could you use a hand?"

Dwomak growls at the demon that is relentlessly clawing at him, before suddenly jumping into the air, and clawing at it with all four of his limbs.

Gonen uses Paimon's Dance of Death ability to move over to Percy.
First dretch:[roll0] [roll1][roll2]
Second dretch:[roll3] [roll4][roll5]
Dwomak uses his Leap ability to attack the dretch to his left.
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]

Goldfly
2010-06-05, 07:04 PM
Sir Gonen
Confirm Crit:[roll0]Damage:[roll1]

Ryuuk
2010-06-05, 07:21 PM
Seri

...and never aproach the vultures when they're in large groups. / Their claws are that dangerous? / That's the least of your worries, a claw's a claw's a claw / Then what's so...? / Their dance / Dance? / It turns the ground into blasted lands, you have to be quick if you hop to- / ... / Hmm / Owowowowwww! Argg, that- Why did-? / Shut up and pay attention you stupid girl! This is important! Moving on, look here, these are...

Watching the arrows fly into the Vrock, Seri shakes her head, she didn't like this feeling. They were dancing regardles of the attacks against them. What would happen if they finished?

The claws are nothing to Fimbul, none of them landing a scratch, and a quick reaction from the rider and mount makes the lone attack against Nevi miss. <Giant>The Birds! We need to get the birds! The hounds respond to her order and move to flank the trio of dancing Vrocks besides them.

The small, immaterial one places itself in the middle of them, along with the tense and uneasy aura that follows it. Fimbul moves in strides, pushing aside civilian and demon alike to get at the top Vrock while bearing its teeth. As for Nevi, he follows Seri's indications and finds itself next to Percy. The winter wolves lunge forward in synchrony, with Seri ready to get her axe in the moment Nevi makes an opening.

Rolls

Fimbul's attack (Dark Companion gives the target -2 AC)
Attack [roll0] (PA for 5)
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3] Cold
Crit Damage [roll4]
+ Trip [roll5]

Nevi's attack (Dark Companion gives the target -2 AC)
Attack [roll6]
Crit Confirm [roll7]
Damage [roll8] + [roll9] Cold
Crit Damage [roll10]
+ Trip [roll11]

Seri's AoO if Nevi hits (Dark Companion gives the target -2 AC)
Attack [roll12]
Crit Confirm [roll13]
Damage [roll14] + [roll15] Cold
Crit Damage [roll16]

Seri still has her Standard, Swift and Move Action

If their attack isn't enough to interrupt the dance, Seri has one last resort. She drops her axe. Still mounted on Nevi, she grabs hold of her right wrist with her left hand. Her entire right arms, the one covered by the strange red markings start to contort and strain. She whispers a few words in her language while looking at the most damaged Vrock. Once done muttering, She looks up and screams to the panicked crowd at the top of her lungs. "Get down if you want to live!"

She tries to point her palm at the Vrock's upper bodies. Her markings start to give a red light, blinking on and off, as does one of the three stones that hangs from her neck. The air in front of her grows much colder while the air around her arm becomes much hotter, all while the blinking speeds up until its practically constant. Then it stop...

The muttering was her Hexblade's Curse, cast on the weakest looking Vrock. She'll also activate her daily use of her greater aberrant mark, Cone of Cold, and blow a fuel shard to empower it. Since it's a cone, she'll try to aim it at an angle so that it only hits the Vrocks, but if that's not possible, well, better a 60ft cone then a 100ft radius burst.

Hexblade's Curse: DC 18 Will or -2 to a lot of things (Saves is the important one)
Her Dark Companion also causes a -2 to saves any adjacent enemies.

Cone of Cold
Spell Resistance: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18] * 1.5 at DC 21 Reflex half

For Seri, thanks to the Greater Aberrant Mark
DC 15 Fort or be Dazed for 1 round [roll19]

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Jose89/R3.png

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-05, 09:05 PM
Karamandes's swarm of arrows brings his target to its knees, and Wogg finishes it off with his invisible lance of harmonic force, then steps to the side and slams his weapon into a second vrock as a harmless light wave washes over him, signifying the failure of the vrocks' dance. Further south, Gonen, Percy, Nevi, and Fimbul work together to take down their dancing trio, and Gabriel attempts to capture one in a bubble of force, but despite numerous gashes in their side and many lost feathers, the vrocks simply refuse to die or be impeded.

At Seri's call, the running civilians rush behind the carts and fruit stands to avoid the blast of cold she releases, but sadly, a good number still freeze and die. This last-ditch effort, however, kills two vrocks and removes the immediate danger, finishing their dance with another squawk and burst of light; the other vrocks aren't looking too good themselves.

We'll say Seri's in the southwest square of Nevi's space, so the carts block more of the cone from hitting the crowd. Even if it makes the save, the south vrock goes down; the other vrocks' saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]
Shrieking in pain and anger, the vrocks all take to the air, rushing to the attack. Their shrieks become so loud and intense that many civilians drop to the ground, covering their ears and convulsing with pain. As they fly over the crowds, tiny yellowish-green particles rain from their skin, covering civilian and hero alike; where they land, they itch terribly and burrow into the skin. Dretches continue swarming everyone within reach.

Everyone and their companions, except Fimbul, takes [roll2] damage. Gabriel needs to make 2 Fort saves, everyone else make 1 Fort save, DC 22 or be stunned for 1 round.

Wogg
Attack: [roll3]; Damage: [roll4]
Attack: [roll5]; Damage: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7]; Damage: [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]; Damage: [roll10]
Attack: [roll11]; Damage: [roll12]
Attack: [roll13]; Damage: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]; Damage: [roll16]
Attack: [roll17]; Damage: [roll18]
Attack: [roll19]; Damage: [roll20]
Attack: [roll21]; Damage: [roll22]

Fimbul
Attack: [roll23]; Damage: [roll24]
Attack: [roll25]; Damage: [roll26]

Gabriel
Attack: [roll27]; Damage: [roll28]
Attack: [roll29]; Damage: [roll30]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-05, 09:10 PM
Map--Round 4
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-3-1.png

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-05, 09:14 PM
Fort Save:
[roll0] (Of course, now I roll a nat 20. Oh well, don't look a gift die in the mouth.)

Percy
We need to end this quickly, before more innocents are killed by these, ugh, sink me, this is itchy! beasts! Percy says as he squirms in his shirt up to the remaining Vrock. Oh well, he says, if I itch this much, the least I could do is scratch! With that, Percy slices into the Vrock once more.

Action: 5 ft step up to the Vrock, then full attack.

Rolls:

Attack 1: 1d20+17
Damage 1: 1d6+12
Crit Confirm 1: 1d20+17
Crit Damage 1: 2d6+24

Attack 2: 1d20+12
Damage 2: 1d6+12
Crit Confirm 2: 1d20+12
Crit Damage 2: 2d6+24

Attack 3: 1d20+7
Damage 3: 1d6+12
Crit Confirm 3: 1d20+7
Crit Damage 3: 2d6+24

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-05, 09:21 PM
(I'm sorry, let's try that again:)

Rolls:

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Attack 3: [roll8]
Damage 3: [roll9]
Crit Confirm 3: [roll10]
Crit Damage 3: [roll11]

Chaelos
2010-06-05, 10:12 PM
There's a 50% miss chance on all melee or ranged attacks against Gabriel, and a 30% miss chance on targeted spells, if that makes any difference.

Fort Saves, though:

[roll0]
[roll1]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-05, 10:16 PM
The dretches can't hit Gabriel except on a natural 20, so I figured I wouldn't bother rolling concealment unless one of them got that. Neither of the vrocks' effects are targeted.

Ryuuk
2010-06-06, 01:28 AM
Seri

Seri's currently sweating and breathing heavy, her right arm outstretched as ripples of heat surround it. She looks over the field of frozen bodies before her and mutters silently between breaths. <Giant>"Damn... it..."</Giant> Nevi nudges her side while just shakes the frost and ice off of her and starts looking for something else to sink her teeth into, feeling quite at home. They have time for little more after the vrocks react though.

Fimbul simply laughs and keeps going unfazed. She ignores the dretches and heads straight to the vrock to the north. She lunges forward, glad to have the freedom to move unhindered and intent on getting a kill of her own.

Nevi's currently out of it, the shrieks having left him disoriented.

Seri quickly dismounts, set to draw the Vrocks attention. She wasn't going to let the beast get at her brother. She flexes her arm and takes a deep breath. "You like that! There's plenty more where that came from!" She mutters a few words, her marking regain some of their glow and her hand gets surrounded by a blue energy. The immaterial hound runs past her, standing proud at her side. "Fine, I'll give you some more!" A shield on one hand and the blue aura on the other, she lunges forward as well. She just needed to connect.

Fimbul just moves and attacks the Vrock to the north

Fimbul's Attack
Attack: [roll0] (PA for 5)
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll4]
+ Trip: [roll5]

Seri's going to try to debuff the Vrock first, then attack using her least aberrant mark, Chill Touch.

Free: Hopefully either a quick dismount or a 5ft step
Move: Intimidate Check to Demoralize [roll6] (23-4 for the size difference)
Swift: Hexblade's Curse: DC 18 Will (-2 to saves from the Companion)
Standard: Cast Chill Touch Defensively and attack
Concentration: [roll7] (Avoids AoO)
Touch Attack: [roll8] (-2 AC from the Companion )
Spell Resistance: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + DC 17 Fortitude or 1 point Str Damage

Should be all, map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Jose89/R4.jpg

Goldfly
2010-06-06, 10:07 AM
Sir Gonen

Sir Gonen scratches at himself furiously as the miniscule particles brrow into his skin; the noise of the demons make it difficult to focus on anything else.

Dwomak ignores the loud screaching of the demons, despite it being quite possibly the most irritating thing he has heard in years. he glares at the vrock next to him, before attacking it.

Gonen is stunned.
Dwomak makes a full attack against the Vrock next to him.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

Tacitus
2010-06-06, 01:28 PM
Wogg
HP: 159/163 AC:26+1 T:14+1 FF:26+1 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+20

Though Wogg is certain that he could probably leap out of his current predicament or simply rush past them, he takes a moment to lash out with his morningstar to crush the life out of the miserable piles of demonic filth while his mask recharges.

Full Round: Full Attack. 2 morningstar swipes. First at the one directly south of Wogg. If it dies, Free action to 5ft step into its space. Regardless of outcome, second attack on the one southeast of Wogg prior to any possible movement.

Morningstar Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] +[roll5] [Magic, Good, Cold Iron]

Crit rolls if needed:
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Edit: Wow... fantastic attack rolls there. >.<
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[2] [B]Worg Pelt: +2+2E Competence to Hide/MS

Ernir
2010-06-06, 05:33 PM
Karamandes

Seeing that the dance has broken up, Karamandes starts focusing on cleaning up the small stuff.

Arrow swarm on Dretches. Starting with the ones that are surrounding Wogg (starting with the lowest one, then going clockwise). If those all die, start on those going after Gabriel, closest ones first. Then the stragglers, closest ones first.

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] physical damage + [roll3] cold damage
[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] physical damage + [roll7] cold damage

[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] physical damage + [roll11] cold damage
[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] physical damage + [roll15] cold damage

[roll16] for [roll17] + [roll18] physical damage + [roll19] cold damage
[roll20] for [roll21] + [roll22] physical damage + [roll23] cold damage

[roll24] for [roll25] + [roll26] physical damage + [roll27] cold damage
[roll28] for [roll29] + [roll30] physical damage + [roll31] cold damage

[roll32] for [roll33] + [roll34] physical damage + [roll35] cold damage
[roll36] for [roll37] + [roll38] physical damage + [roll39] cold damage

[roll40] for [roll41] + [roll42] physical damage + [roll43] cold damage
[roll44] for [roll45] + [roll46] physical damage + [roll47] cold damage

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-07, 09:38 AM
The vrock surrounded by most of the party endures all of the punishment inflicted on it unflinchingly, cawing and cackling madly as if to mock your efforts. The dretches surrounding Wogg similarly mock him, as they duck and weave away from his ineffectual swipes; their chittering in Abyssal grows more and more irritating, until it suddenly stops, seven of the eight throats pierced by arrows courtesy of Karamandes and the last throat growling wordlessly in anger.

The dretches continue scratching at everyone within reach; the vrocks, however, try something different. While some follow the dretches' example and lay into the nearest people with claws and talons, others give off a warbling cry and wave their wings at the nearest heavy object, and you all feel a sense of pressure in the air as the carts and tables are lifted into the air by an unseen force and hurled at you.

Vrock saves
vs. curse [roll0]
vs. chill touch [roll1]

Gonen
Attack: [roll2]; Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]; Damage: [roll5]

Gabriel (vs. flatfooted, -2 AC from stun; 1d2 miss chance misses on a 1)
Attack: [roll6]; Damage: [roll7]; Miss Chance: [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]; Damage: [roll10]; Miss Chance: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12]; Damage: [roll13]; Miss Chance: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]; Damage: [roll16]; Miss Chance: [roll17]
Attack: [roll18]; Damage: [roll19]; Miss Chance: [roll20]
Attack: [roll21]; Damage: [roll22]; Miss Chance: [roll23]
Attack: [roll24]; Damage: [roll25]; Miss Chance: [roll26]
Attack: [roll27]; Damage: [roll28]; Miss Chance: [roll29]
Attack: [roll30]; Damage: [roll31]; Miss Chance: [roll32]
Attack: [roll33]; Damage: [roll34]; Miss Chance: [roll35]

Nevi
Attack: [roll36]; Damage: [roll37]

Fimbul
Attack: [roll38]; Damage: [roll39]
Attack: [roll40]; Damage: [roll41]

Dwomak
Attack: [roll42]; Damage: [roll43]

Seri (all attacks at -2 if save vs. curse is failed)
Attack: [roll44]; Damage: [roll45]
Attack: [roll46]; Damage: [roll47]
Attack: [roll48]; Damage: [roll49]
Attack: [roll50]; Damage: [roll51]
Attack: [roll52]; Damage: [roll53]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-07, 09:41 AM
Map--Round 5
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-4.png

Chaelos
2010-06-07, 05:39 PM
Gabriel

So, if I do the math correctly, my AC for last round was 19; now it's back up to 26. 6 attacks would have hit, though 3 of those would have missed, for a total of 27 damage.

Gabriel reels from the attacks around him, as claws and various bits of rubble batter against him. Yet as the Vrock's stunning spell wears off, a savage red gleam appears in his eyes.

"My turn."

Swift Action--Cast Wraithstrike, so all attacks this round count as touch attacks.
Free Action--Activate the Arcane Strike Feat, burning one of his level 4 prepared spells for the day (Orb of Force) in exchange for a +4 to all attacks for the round and +4d4 to damage per hit.
Power Attack--Gripping Slayer (Cold Iron +1 Evil Outsider Bane Longsword), -9 to attacks, +18 to damage, for all attacks this round.

Full attack on the Vrock beside him, all touch attacks:

AC: 26
HP: 50/77

Damage 1: [roll1] Physical (cold iron) + [roll2] Bane weapon + [roll3] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 1: [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6] Physical (cold iron) + [roll7] Bane weapon + [roll8] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 2: [roll9]

Attack 3: [roll10]
Damage 3: [roll11] Physical (cold iron) + [roll12] Bane weapon + [roll13] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 3: [roll14]

Although I doubt he'll kill the Vrock, if he somehow does before the end of his attacks, target any dretches next to him.

Goldfly
2010-06-07, 05:51 PM
Sir Gonen

Sir Gonen looks to the north as he stops scratching at the small parasite-things."That guy... Gabriel? He could probably use some help. But first..."
Gonen whips his chain around himself, attempting to hit the two small demons in front of him.

Dwomak shakes off the wagon that the demon had somehow dropped upon him, before lunging at the demon adjacent to him.

Gonen uses a whirlwind attack on the pair of dretch next to him.
Both attacks are Good and Lawful aligned.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

[roll6] [roll7]

Goldfly
2010-06-07, 05:52 PM
Confirm Crit:
[roll0]

Tacitus
2010-06-07, 06:03 PM
Wogg
HP: 159/163 AC:26+1 T:14+1 FF:26+1 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+20

With his mask once again resonating with primal energy he whips his morningstar around to crush the last of the small demons mocking him before turning his gaze, and sonic blast, to the nearest Vrock.

Full Round: Full Attack. 1 swipe at the dretch near him and his Sonic Lance at the closest Vrock not engaged in melee if it still lives. If it does not, the next nearest Vrock with a good line of sight (60ft ray) that is not engaged in melee. If the dretch goes down under Wogg's swing, 5ft step into its space.

Sonic Lance Ranged Touch: [roll3]
Sonic Damage: [roll4]
-4 to hit if I cannot find a target not engaged in melee.

Crit rolls if needed:
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[4] Incarnate Avatar: +E Untyped on one: Skills, Attacks, [I]Saves, AC, or x2 on Damage

Healing Belt: [3/3]
Belt of Battle: [3/3]
Acrobat Boots: [2/3]

Ernir
2010-06-07, 06:09 PM
Karamandes

Karamandes gives a wink and an upwards nod towards Wogg.
"You're welcome." :smallwink:

Take a 5' step to the northeast, edging closer to the action.

Continuing the routine from last round, killing off Dretches. Starting with those around Gabriel this time.

for [roll0] + [roll1] physical damage + [roll2] cold damage
for [roll3] + [roll4] physical damage + [roll5] cold damage

for [roll6] + [roll7] physical damage + [roll8] cold damage
for [roll9] + [roll10] physical damage + [roll11] cold damage

for [roll12] + [roll13] physical damage + [roll14] cold damage
for [roll15] + [roll16] physical damage + [roll17] cold damage

for [roll18] + [roll19] physical damage + [roll20] cold damage
for [roll21] + [roll22] physical damage + [roll23] cold damage

for [roll24] + [roll25] physical damage + [roll26] cold damage
for [roll27] + [roll28] physical damage + [roll29] cold damage

for [roll30] + [roll31] physical damage + [roll32] cold damage
for [roll33] + [roll34] physical damage + [roll35] cold damage

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-07, 06:10 PM
Percy
Sir Gonan! You can go after Gabriel to give him a hand! Seri and I will deal with this last demon here! Come, Seri, let's give this beast a cold reception!

Full Attack the Vrock, Fast Like A Freak on the last attack.

Rolls:

Feint: [roll8]
Attack 3: [roll9]
Damage 3: [roll10]
Crit Confirm 3: [roll11]
Crit Damage 3: [roll12]

Ernir
2010-06-07, 06:13 PM
Damn, something missing from the last post. Can you tell what? :smallsigh:
The attack rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Ryuuk
2010-06-07, 07:11 PM
Seri

Without any armor, all of the Vrock's attacks connect. Each claw and talon knocks her around, but once the Vrock is finished she simply picks herself up. Even if left a bit shaken and wincing, she turns to the Vrock with a smile. "Odd isn't it? Yeah, you're not what you used to be, and its only downhill from here..."

"Cold? Yeah, you're going to feel this!" Her shield ready, she taps into her armbands to make use of the curse she'd cast on it. She keeps an eye on Nevi, knowing he'd be able to take the stand off of him in a second and ready to make use of any opening he creates. She was glad to have drawn the bird's attention though, he'd seen better days.

Fimbul, on the other hand, was having a blast. She only saw the Vrock in front of her as prey. The cart thrown against her had pinned her, but done little beyond that. She pushes it off her and lunges at the Vrock in a single, feral movement.

The Vrock takes a -2 to AC from the Dark Companion

Seri: Full Attack, Swift action to activate her Hexbands

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll3] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Save: DC 16 Fort at a -4 Penalty (Curse, Companion)

Touch Attack: [roll4]
Crit Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll7] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save

Touch Attack: [roll8]
Crit Confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll11] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save

Nevi: Move to get the stand off of him, standard attack

Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll14] + [roll15] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll16]
+ Trip: [roll17]

Seri's AoO if Nevi connects
Touch Attack: [roll18]
Crit Confirm: [roll19]
Damage: [roll20] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll21] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save

Fimbul: Move to get the stand off of him, standard attack
Attack: [roll22] (PA for 5)
Crit Confirm: [roll23]
Damage: [roll24] + [roll25] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll26]
+ Trip: [roll27]

Stat Blocks:
Seri
HP: 86/106 AC:17 T:12 FF:14 Init: +3 Land Speed: 30
Condition: Mettle, Arcane Resistance*, DR 5/-
Str: 16 Dex: 14+2 Con: 16 Int: 14 Wis: 10 Cha: 18+2
Fort: 17+5* Ref: 8+5* Will: 9+5*

Fimbul
HP: 138/138 AC:26 T:11 FF:24 Init: - Land Speed: 50
Condition: Cold Subtype, Scent, Link, Evasion, Devotion
Str: 24 Dex: 14 Con: 22 Int: 9 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Fort: 14 Ref: 10 Will: 6

Nevi
HP: 49/76 AC:21 T:10 FF:20 Init: - Land Speed: 50
Condition: Cold Subtype, Scent, Link, Evasion
Str: 20 Dex: 13 Con: 18 Int: 9 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Fort: 10 Ref: 7 Will: 4

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-07, 10:25 PM
Dretch continue falling all around, civilians continue rushing out of the marketplace. Karamandes eliminates the dretches surrounding Gabriel, giving him a clear swing at the vrock looming over him; Gabriel's blade bites deep into his vrock's flesh. At the south end of the market, one vrock has time for one final squawk before its demise: Percy's thrust skewers it against the wagon on top of Nevi, holding it in place for Dwomak to wear it down and Seri to finish it off. Just as she does so, Nevi and Fimbul manage to topple the wagon and table on top of them, Nevi crushing the last surviving dretch near the party and Fimbul taking a chunk out of the vrock still reeling from Wogg's sonic onslaught. The two vrocks who manage to avoid being targeted swoop in to the attack.

Everyone takes [roll0] damage; forgot that in the last post, so half of that is from last round, if it makes a difference for anything.

Dwomak
Attack: [roll1]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]
Attack: [roll2]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]
Attack: [roll3]; Damage: [roll]1d8+3[roll]
Attack: [roll4]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]
Attack: [roll5]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]

Fimbul
Attack: [roll6]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]
Attack: [roll7]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]
Attack: [roll8]; Damage: [roll]1d8+3[roll]
Attack: [roll9]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]
Attack: [roll10]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]

Gabriel
Attack: [roll11]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]; Miss Chance: [roll12]
Attack: [roll13]; Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll]; Miss Chance: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]; Damage: [roll]1d8+3[roll]; Miss Chance: [roll16]
Attack: [roll17]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]; Miss Chance: [roll18]
Attack: [roll19]; Damage: [roll]1d6+3[roll]; Miss Chance: [roll20]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-07, 10:28 PM
Map--Round 6
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter1-5.png

Ernir
2010-06-08, 01:54 PM
Karamandes

"Why do they make these damned quivers so small?" Karamandes mutters to himself, grabs out a fresh quiver, and shoots the single remaining Dretch.

Move action: Get a fresh quiver out of my HHH.
Swift action: Ignore the Dretch's DR.
Standard action: *Pew*
[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] and [roll3] cold damage.

Goldfly
2010-06-08, 08:38 PM
Sir Gonen
Gonen watches in surprise as all the demons surrounding Gabriel fall, then takes a step towards the Vrock flying next to him, swinging hi chain towards it, and murmuring "Let's finish this, shall we?"

Dwomak jumps towards the large flying demon near him, clawing at it with all four legs.

Gonen(All Good and Lawful aligned):Takes a five foot step to the north-west, and full attacks the Vrock.
[roll0][roll1] [roll2]
[roll3][roll4] [roll5]
[roll6][roll7] [roll8]

Dwomak takes a step north, then Leaps.
[roll9][roll10]
[roll11][roll12]
[roll13][roll14]
[roll15][roll16]

Goldfly
2010-06-08, 08:40 PM
Confirm Crits:
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Ryuuk
2010-06-08, 09:55 PM
Seri

As the defeated Vrock vanishes, Seri takes a deep breath and shakes her right arm, as if trying to cool it. "That was good... Only a few more now... Just a few..." Suddenly she shakes her head. It seems to help. "Alright, next!" Nevi crouches for an instant that Seri uses to hitch a ride. The pair then leap towards the Vrock to the north of them and attack in unison, the ghostly hound behind them.

Further north, Fimbul finally takes a hit, but isn't too fazed. She leaps back at the Vrock with renewed ferocity.

Seri + Nevi: Quick Mount, move 1 square left and 3 squares up. The dark companion moves to hinder the same Vrock. (-2 AC, Saves)

Seri's attack:
Attack: [roll0]
Spell Resistance: [roll1]
Damage: [roll3] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll4] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Save: DC 16 Fort at a -2 Penalty (Companion)

Nevi's attack:
Attack: [roll5]
Crit Confirm: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll9]
+ Trip: [roll10]

Seri's AoO if Nevi connects:
Attack: [roll11]
Spell Resistance: [roll12]
Damage: [roll14] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save
Crit Damage: [roll15] Negative Energy + 1 Str on a failed Save: DC 16 Fort at a -2 Penalty (Companion)

Fimbul: Keep attacking the Vrock

Fimbul's attack:
Attack: [roll16] (PA for 8)
Crit Confirm: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18] + [roll19] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll20]
+ Trip: [roll21]

Stat Blocks:
[BSeri
HP: 77/106 AC:17 T:12 FF:14 Init: +3 Land Speed: 30
Condition: Mettle, Arcane Resistance*, DR 5/-, Mounted
Str: 16 Dex: 14+2 Con: 16 Int: 14 Wis: 10 Cha: 18+2
Fort: 17+5* Ref: 8+5* Will: 9+5*

Fimbul
HP: 122/138 AC:26 T:11 FF:24 Init: - Land Speed: 50
Condition: Cold Subtype, Scent, Link, Evasion, Devotion
Str: 24 Dex: 14 Con: 22 Int: 9 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Fort: 14 Ref: 10 Will: 6

Nevi
HP: 40/76 AC:21 T:10 FF:20 Init: - Land Speed: 50
Condition: Cold Subtype, Scent, Link, Evasion, Rider
Str: 20 Dex: 13 Con: 18 Int: 9 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Fort: 10 Ref: 7 Will: 4[/B]

Chaelos
2010-06-08, 10:05 PM
Gabriel

Though the Vrock's slashes would have hit any other man, the energy permeating Gabriel's being allows him to dodge the attacks with ease--as if time itself were slowed for him.

Again, Gabriel's eyes glow as arcane energy suffuses his blade. He lashes out in a fury against the Vrock beside him.

Swift Action--Cast Wraithstrike, so all attacks this round count as touch attacks.
Free Action--Activate the Arcane Strike Feat, burning one of his level 3 prepared spells for the day (Keen Edges) in exchange for a +3 to all attacks for the round and +3d4 to damage per hit.
Power Attack--Gripping Slayer (Cold Iron +1 Evil Outsider Bane Longsword), -9 to attacks, +18 to damage, for all attacks this round.

Full attack on the Vrock beside him, all touch attacks:

AC: 26
HP: 50/77

Damage 1: [roll1] Physical (cold iron) + [roll2] Bane weapon + [roll]3d4[roll] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 1: [roll3]

Damage 2: [roll5] Physical (cold iron) + [roll6] Bane weapon + [roll]3d4[roll] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 2: [roll7]

Attack 3: [roll8]
Damage 3: [roll9] Physical (cold iron) + [roll10] Bane weapon + [roll]3d4[roll] Arcane Strike
Critical Confirmation 3: [roll11]

Chaelos
2010-06-08, 10:07 PM
Bah, forgot a / in the arcane strike rolls above.

Attack 1: [roll0] Arcane Strike
Attack 2: [roll1] Arcane Strike
Attack 3: [roll2] Arcane Strike

Tacitus
2010-06-09, 10:40 PM
Wogg
HP: 150/163 AC:26+1 T:14+1 FF:26+1 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+20

With incredible agility for such a massive frame the hobgoblin moves swiftly to hopefully catch one of the birdlike demons with a swipe of his morningstar.

Move Action: Tumble (autosucceed at over a +21) through clear squares up 1, east 2, down 2 to get into the open space directly north of the vrock. If this Vrock is dead just 60ft move up to the nearest Vrock to attack.
Standard: Morningstar! [roll0] (Forgot +2 if flanking, which he would try to get)
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[1] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-11, 01:14 AM
Percy

Percy flips and tumbles towards the Vrock to the north, flourishing his sword as he advances. You know, I've always liked to simply get to the point of the matter when it comes to battles like this!

Action: Tumble three spaces up to the Vrock to avoid AoOs, feint, then attack with the Gotcha! quip, dealing an extra 7 damage if I connect.

Rolls:

Tumble: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit Confirm: [roll4]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll6]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-11, 03:26 PM
The last dretch, scurrying away in fear, keels over with a gurgle as Karamandes's arrow finds its mark. The mostly-unwounded vrock in the center of the market dodges Seri's and Nevi's attacks with a mocking cackle only to find itself nearly torn to pieces by Gonen's chain and finished off with a jab from Percy; the vrock already partly frozen by Seri's blast of cold is crushed under Dwomak's massive bulk. Gabriel's expert bladework leaves his target in three pieces on the ground. In mere seconds, only a single vrock is left, having escaped the worst of Fimbul's fangs (though being knocked prone by them) and narrowly evaded Wogg's hefty swings.

Glancing quickly between Wogg and Fimbul, the vrock rolls just out of the wolf's reach and spits a few profanities in Abyssal. Wogg's morningstar comes rushing down, but before it can deal a lethal blow the vrock blinks out of existence in a puff of feathers.

It takes a 5-foot step northeast and starts to use its greater teleport SLA.

Wogg's AoO
Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
Crit Confirm, if needed: [roll3]; Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]

Vrock's Concentration check: [roll6]
The crowd has mostly stopped panicking, seeing that you have things well in hand, and have even started coming closer and mocking the demons as they have dropped one by one. Now, they surround you and give cheers and pride and acclaim for your heroic efforts.

Ryuuk
2010-06-11, 07:21 PM
Seri

<Giant>"I think that's all of them..."</Giant>

After spending a few moments looking around, Seri breaths a sigh of relief. She shakes her hand until the blue energy flickers and, like a flame, dies out. Still, she keeps it up for a little while longer as she cools the arm. "Yeah... looks like it..." She takes a few deep breaths. The dark hound doesn't react in any way and walks into Seri, leaving no trail.

Watching her prey blink away, Fimbul gives chase until she right where it left. Snarling, she looks around frantically in the off chance it was still here. Finding no scent she starts muttering obscenities in her native tongue, gives Wogg a quick glare and heads back to the group.

<Giant>"Damn it! We could have gotten him if you two had just followed, what kept you?!"
"We were needed here, besides, the screech-"
"Oh come on! it wasn't that bad how long am I gonna have to watch over you two anyway?! If I..."</Giant>

Seri just dismounts and lets them argue, she still had to find her axe. The cheers felt good, but she was still rather uneasy. She avoided looking north and tried to concentrate. Anything that would get her mind off things was good. She turns to the others and fiddles with some wands in her pack. "Ok... things could have gone worse. Is everyone whole?"

Ernir
2010-06-12, 04:27 PM
Karamandes

"Whole as a gem. They didn't even touch me.", Karamandes says as he slings the bow back over his shoulder, and counts the number of arrows remaining in his quiver, replacing the one he fired at the last demon.

"Now.", he says, stretching his drawing arm, as if it were a bit stiff after the battle. "Does anyone think this was something more than a random attack by the demons? Demons aren't the greatest strategists on the planes, but if this was actually directed at us, we have a reason to be worried."

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-12, 04:40 PM
Percy
Sink me, directed at us? Well, if they come again, we'll just beat them back once more! Still, we should get out of here before any more innocent bystanders get injured, or worse.

Ryuuk
2010-06-12, 05:45 PM
Seri

As she draws a wand, Fimbul and Nevi come and join her. The tip glows in a warm light and slowly the wounds that where left by the spores, carts and claws start fading. She closes her eyes and focuses on the wand while Percy speaks. "It just seemed like they wanted to do as much damage as possible, maybe they followed the refugees?"

Seri's 29 damage (if within 5hp of her max she'll stop there):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Fimbul's 16 damage (if within 5hp of her max she'll stop there):
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Nevi's 36 damage (if within 5hp of his max she'll stop there):
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Chaelos
2010-06-13, 04:05 AM
Gabriel

The blur of energy surrounding Gabriel diminishes somewhat as the last vrock escapes. He flicks his wrist, sending droplets of demon blood sizzling into the stone of the marketplace, and returns his weapon to its sheath; he touches a hand to his chest, where the vrock's claws found purchase between the cracks in his armor, and it comes out slick with his own blood.

"Not so different, are we?"

He shakes the blood off his hand, reaches down and taps a stud at his belt twice.

Activate Healing Belt twice, using 1 charge each:
[roll0]
[roll1]

As the wounds knit together, Gabriel withdraws a small kit from his satchel. Taking a small dagger from it, he slices off three of the vrock's claws; he then places the dagger and the claws in the case, closes it, and rises, moving towards the others just in time to catch the end of the conversation.

"They were trying to kill everyone here; they nearly did." He shakes his head. "Which means that whatever sanctuary this place once offered has now been compromised. These people--" he gestures to the amassed townfolk, lowering his voice "will need to leave before the next pack gets luckier."

Goldfly
2010-06-13, 09:24 AM
Sir Gonen

Gonen begins cleaning his chain as he walks back towards the group. He taps his belt in much the same fashion as Gabriel did.

"I suspect this attack may have been planned. It seems unlikely that they happened to attack at a time when there were so many people in a small area."

Healing Belt(1 charge):[roll0]

Ernir
2010-06-13, 11:19 AM
Karamandes

"I agree, Gabriel, we need to get these people out of here, and warn them to not gather in these numbers any time soon."
"Anyone here feel confident in their ability to address the crowd, to get the message across? People never seem to listen properly to what I'm saying, especially if it's for their own good."

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-13, 11:52 AM
Percy

I'll see what I can do to address these good people. Percy says to Karamandes as he climbs up onto a piece of debris overlooking the crowd.

Good people, listen to me! The demons are gone for now, and we must take this opportunity to take cover! Please, remain calm and evacuate the area! We don't know if there will be more coming, or when. PLease, get to safety and do not, under any circumstances, gather in large groups! Get yourselves to safety, and my companions and I shall deal with this demonic threat to our land! In the name of the Rose, I swear will will put an end to this blight, and the demons shall learn to fear our names! This I swear, L'epine de la Rose!

Dice, should I roll anything here, like a diplomacy or rally check? Please let me know.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-13, 12:43 PM
No roll necessary in this particular case; they're already smitten with you guys after what you did.

The people in the crowd cheer the name of the Rose, and their frantic efforts to exit the area become somewhat more orderly. About ten minutes later, the market is clear and the nearby streets are absolutely empty, everyone having gone home and taken your advice to not congregate in groups to heart.

Ryuuk
2010-06-14, 03:23 PM
Seri

<Giant>
"Pretty much what we did, isn't it?"
"There's a pretty big difference."
"What?"
"We know how to hunt while the lowlanders were getting mauled by the ugly hunchbacks. If small numbers call small spirits, they're still going to die."
"Percy seems to know what he's doing though, he's one of them and he could handle himself just fine with a sword in his hand."
"They'd better draw those swords then."
</Giant>

Seri finishes healing the last of Nevi's wounds with Fimbul snickering to the side. She puts the wand away and heads towards Percy. "That was pretty good. How do you suggest we put an 'end to this blight' though?"

Chaelos
2010-06-15, 01:26 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel stands back, arms crossed, while Percy addresses the crowd. A small smirk crosses the elf's face as the younger man makes his oath to the crowd.

"If only it were possible for demons to fear," he mutters softly to himself.

As Percy's speech ends and the crowd begins to hurriedly disperse, Gabriel approaches the others.

"This city may well be indefensible, now that the demons have tasted some of its charms. We might try to strike out from this place, but I'm less than convinced that the guards here will be capable of staving off even a probing attack."

I'm curious to know if the area could somehow be warded via a spell/ritual of some sort. Gabriel knows the Magic Circle spell, and I'm wondering if it could be modified to provide a kind-of temporary sanctuary here. Should I roll for it?

Ernir
2010-06-15, 02:34 PM
Karamandes

"It might be a better idea to simply press on. I don't like it any more than you do, but offering resistance here is as likely to draw more demons here as it is to help. We are on a quest that might deal the demonic invasion a real blow, and I don't think we are doing these people any favours by fighting the demons inside their town."

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-15, 02:50 PM
What kind of sanctuary is Gabriel thinking of? Anti-teleportation, anti-demon, both of the above, none of the above?

Ryuuk
2010-06-16, 07:13 PM
Seri

"So just keep going as planned?" She took one last look at the now empty streets. Upturned carts, unlucky civilians, frozen lumps... It was strange to think that this could be the norm now, that this sort of thing happened every day and people just kept moving as usual. usual had changed a lot since the mountains melted. She nods towards Fimbul and Nevi. "Then I we'd better get to the docks."

Ernir
2010-06-18, 12:10 PM
Karamandes

"Basically... yes."

"It's not how I would like it, but we're not exactly in control of the situation right now."

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-18, 02:04 PM
Percy

Yes, I agree. Percy says, surveying the situation. The best thing we can do to save things people is cut off this invasion at the source. Let's make for the docks.

Chaelos
2010-06-18, 02:43 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel shrugs and begins walking toward the ship. At his side, the little bat perched on his sleeve began to warble quietly.

[Master-Familiar Language]"You're just leaving them? They'll be slaughtered!"[/Master-Familiar Language]

[Master-Familiar Language]"Their lives were forfeit when this war began. There is nothing further we can do here."[/Master-Familiar Language]

They both fell silent as the weight of Gabriel's pronouncement settled in.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-18, 09:09 PM
When you arrive at the docks, the ship is ready to go; demons in the marketplace didn't stop the sailors from readying the trawler. The mayor meets you at the docks to see you off, and after sailing through the evening and night, you come upon your destination. In the light of dawn, the glow of smoldering fires in the city are hard to make out, but as you come closer you see plenty of those, as well as many fallen trees and wrecked buildings.

The ship ties up a short distance south of the city to avoid detection, and as you disembark the crew promise to wait for you until you return. A sparse forest lies between you and the city, leaving you a relatively easy approach while hiding you from demonic eyes.

Goldfly
2010-06-19, 05:58 PM
Sir Gonen

After boarding the ship, Gonen feeds Dwomak a share of his food, before going to look over the edge of the ship.

Ryuuk
2010-06-19, 08:38 PM
Seri

On reaching land, Fimbul is the first to disembark, running of eagerly and glad to have room to move again. <Giant>"Ahh... About time!"</Giant> Nevi follows suit, but in his own calmer, much more reserved way. It was clear they both preferred it outside though.

Seri joins them shortly, and is quite glad to step on solid land. She's wearing a light breastplate, armguards and greaves over her regular clothing, but her steps seem much heavier then before.

"All right, there's no turning back now." She turns towards the city and takes a deep breath. "We'll make better time if we ride there, we'd also hide our number in case anything find our trail. We could also try to sneak by, but with so many of us, it might be... difficult. Thoughts?"

Ernir
2010-06-19, 10:12 PM
Karamandes

"A forest."

"An excellent place to hide... or to get ambushed. Let's be careful, we don't know what's out there."

When we get on the move, I stalk a few feet behind the main group (taking 10 on Hide/Move Silently checks for results of 31 and 29, respectively).

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-19, 11:03 PM
Percy

I agree, sneaking may prove difficult. Percy says as he gets off the boat. It's risky, but perhaps if we set up some sort of... I guess you could say counter-ambush? Those of us who are sneaky can follow the main group as they walk. If demons attack us, thinking we're only a small group, the others spring into action and strike! We spoil the demon's ambush and slay them all, and still have time for afternoon tea! What do you fellows think?

Ryuuk
2010-06-19, 11:17 PM
Seri

After a moments thought, Seri nods. "So we'd be a decoy... Sounds good." She smiles as she looks over the Bulette. "Someone as big as Dwomak and a pair of wolves out of their element would draw some attention."

There's a pause where it seems she's debating something with herself, eventually, it seems like a side one. She turns to Percy. "How would you make tea out here?"

Tacitus
2010-06-20, 12:01 AM
Wogg
HP: 175/175
AC:26+6 T:14+5 FF:26+6 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+40
Condition: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Ghost Step, Die at -20, +2vs Charm/Comp, DR 6/Magic

Once again obscured by his cloak and cowl, the silent Hobgoblin slips from the ship gracefully and stalks around the landing for a few moments. Even though he steps directly on some dry leaves there seems to be no sound at all. The field of silence remains only a moment but even as it falls his steps remain remarkably silent in the underbrush. He pauses for a moment and glances to the others, "Hy ken make a great menny pipple almost as silent as meself if ve remain close together. Qviet as you are, hyu vill need it."

Theft Gloves and Yrthak Mask swapped for Totem Avatar and Blink Shirt.
Currently emulating a Silence Spell with the Ghost Step feat.
And I felt like trying out an accent, sue me. Probably won't keep it up though. If for some reason it offends, please feel free to smack me.
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[0] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[1] Totem Avatar: +12hp, +E Enhancement Natural Armor
[Bound]: DR 5+E/Magic
[0] Blink Shirt: 10+10E Dimension Door
[Bound]: DD as Move Action

Rapid Meldshaping 2/day: Reshape and Rebind all soulmelds as Full Round. Uses Remaining: [2/2]

Ryuuk
2010-06-20, 09:16 AM
Seri

Seri nods, a hand at her chin. "Can you cover all of us?" She nods towards the huge bulette and the large winter wolves.

Tacitus
2010-06-20, 03:26 PM
Wogg

The hobgoblin looks over the assembled men and beasts and then nods slowly, "Hy fink hy ken do that. Hy kent do anythink about hidin anyvun else though. Ken anyvun make me beddar at sneakin or be hidin all of us?"

Ernir
2010-06-20, 06:45 PM
Karamandes

Ignoring or being oblivious to the fact that he was not being addressed, Karamandes responds. "Yeah... about that. Look, hiding is more difficult than it looks, it takes years of practice to get right, and doing it for someone else is almost impossible. I don't think even I am going to be able to keep this lot from being seen."

Chaelos
2010-06-21, 01:21 AM
Gabriel

The elf had been busying himself all morning with magical preparations for the day's fighting; as the group disembarked the ship, the faint blur that surround him seemed even more pronounced than usual, his skin appears cracked and dry, and a faint aura surrounds the weapon sheathed at his side.

Spells cast, with lengths of time and effects:
Greater Mage Armor (Extended): +6 AC, 24 hours
Greater Magic Weapon (Extended): +3 Enhancement Bonus to Slayer, 24 hours
Keen Edge (Extended): Double crit range of Slayer, 4 hours
Spiderskin (Extended): +4 Natural AC Bonus, +4 Hide Bonus, +4 Saves vs. Poisons, 4 hours
Overland Flight: Gain fly speed 40, 12 hours

"I can conceal myself, but only for a total of a little over an hour," Gabriel says, hovering faintly off the ground. "However, I can fly overhead and warn you of anything coming close, to the extent that I can see it through the trees."

Stats:

HP: 77
AC: 25 (32 when Haste, Shield and Protection from Evil are cast)
Attack vs. Demons, using Slayer: +18/+18/+13 (9 Base + 2 Strength + 5 Enhancement + 1 haste + 1 class), Critical Range 17-20/x2
Damage vs. Demons, using Slayer: 1d8 + (3 Strength + 5 Enhancement) + 2d6 (Outsider Bane Weapon), Cold Iron weapon

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Message x3
Level 1: Feather Fall, Nerveskitter, Protection from Evil x2, Shield x2, True Strike
Level 2: Rope Trick, Wraithstrike x6
Level 3: Haste x2, Invisibility (Extended) x4
Level 4: Keen Edges (Extended), Spiderskin (Extended), Haste (Extended) x2, Magic Weapon, Greater (Extended), Mage Armor, Greater (Extended)
Level 5: Overland Flight, Shadow Evocation x2, Teleport

Ryuuk
2010-06-23, 02:20 PM
Seri

Seri's currently looking down and trying to sort all of this out. Finally, she nods and speaks up. "OK, how about this: Sir Gonen, Dwomak, Fimbul, Nevi and I will move first as our vanguard, odds are we'd draw attention. Percy, Sir Karamandes and Sir Wogg will stalk us, staying out of sight and ready to ambush anyone who ambushes us. Sir Gabriel, if you can take to the sky and remain hidden, then we could probably make good use of an early warning. How does that sound?"

Goldfly
2010-06-23, 05:06 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen listens to everyone's suggestions, and when Seri makes her own, he smiles, and says "That sounds good to me."

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-23, 06:20 PM
Percy

Personally, I'd rather be part of the vanguard. Percy says, scratching the back of his head. Sneaking around isn't exactly my forte...

Ernir
2010-06-23, 08:11 PM
Karamandes

"Sir Karamandes? I can't say I don't like the sound of that..."

"Oh, good plan, yes."

Tacitus
2010-06-24, 08:34 PM
Wogg

The cloaked figure nods, "Hy ken do dot. How far hyu vant uz te be? Hy ken run fast."

Ryuuk
2010-06-24, 08:49 PM
Seri

Seri smiles. "Then you're welcome to join us Percy. Nevi saw what what you were capable of, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to have you at his side."

"Distance, distance..." A hand at her chin, she turns to the trail ahead before answering. "The forest isn't too dense, at most it'll be a bit more bothersome then the streets yesterday. It didn't wasn't much of an obstacle for you through, Sir Wogg. I think you're reach may be about the same as Sir Karamandes, and anything within sight of his arrows won't be a threat for long." She nods. "I get the feeling that as long as you two can see us we'll be fine."

Chaelos
2010-06-25, 12:13 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel nods, raises a hand high above his head, and lowers it sharply. As the hand comes down, Gabriel fades into nothingness.

Cast Invisibility (Extended). Gabriel will fly overhead, just above the treetops, and try to spot any enemies before they come upon the party.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-25, 01:59 PM
Looks like you've fleshed out your plan sufficiently. I'll need two Spot checks from Gabriel, and two each of Hide and Move Silently from everyone else. I'll also need to know the distances between the two groups, relative positions, and such--essentially, outline your plan in tactical detail.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-30, 12:14 PM
As you proceed cautiously toward the demon-infested town, Gabriel spots two large blobs lift into the air from your destination and come flying in your general direction; he notices them soon enough to inform the rest of the group and give you time to stop moving and hide. As the blobs come closer, you can catch a glimpse of them, and you see that each blob is actually two creatures: one gargoyle-esque winged demon with glowing yellow eyes carrying a second, mostly spherical and very ugly demon with a glowing orange stomach. Other details are hard to make out, as the demons are flying many dozens of feet in the air--they don't seem to be focused on finding creatures in the woods at all, but are instead winging swiftly toward the boat you left behind.

As they pass overhead, the two demons being carried appear to rip a chunk of flesh out of their bulbous stomachs that immediately ignites with a white flame, and lift their arms as if readying to throw it. One of the winged demons happen to glance downwards, and with a squawk of surprise it begins yammering in (what you assume is) Abyssal as loudly as it can. They don't stop flying toward the boat, but its racket can definitely be heard by the other demons; Gabriel notes more commotion back in the town at the noise. You probably have seconds, at most, before something comes to investigate.

Gabriel and Karamandes
You're both able to make out the demons' exact words: "Beware! A large, shelled, clawed creature, a Prime wolf, and a humanoid are sneaking through the forest! We must destroy the ship spotted earlier, so send another to kill them!" In other words, it seems that Nevi, Dwomak, and Percy have been spotted.

Everyone
You have 2 round's worth of actions to ready weapons, get in cover, or do whatever else you want before combat starts.

Ryuuk
2010-06-30, 02:57 PM
Seri

Seri only gets a brief glimps of the demons before Fimbul dodges for cover, but the sight of the flames is enough to send a chill down her spine. Fimbul nudges her, probably a bit rougher then needed. <Giant>Hey, you're the expert here, what are those things?</Giant>

Seri readies her shield and axe as she tries to go through her lessons in her head. <Giant>I'm thinking, just shut up!</Giant>

Nevi gives a quick look over to his sisters before turning to Percy and speaking up in a slow common. "What now, young De-la-croix?"

Just a pair of Monstrous Lore checks
Gargoyles: [roll0]
Orange Stomachs: [roll1]

Chaelos
2010-06-30, 03:13 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel swears softly to himself as he makes out the demons' words. Then touching a hand to his lips, he points towards Nevi, Dwomak and Percy.

"They've seen you. Prepare for battle."

Standard: Cast Message, which Gabriel should have done ages ago if I was thinking properly, to communicate with the others. Free action to speak.

Swift: Cast Extended Haste.

Move: Gabriel moves his full speed towards the pair of demons closest to him, but stops within 5 feet of them (still flying, still invisible).

Knowledge (Planes) to identify the gargoyles: [roll0]
Knowledge (Planes) to identify the glowing ones:[roll1]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-30, 03:34 PM
Nevi and Gabriel
The gargoyle-like demons are Nabassu, though whether they're at the juvenile stage or much more dangerous mature stage you're unable to tell from what you saw. They're known to have a life-draining gaze that turns killed victims into ghouls, and they're more familiar with mortals than most demons due to spending their juvenile stage on the Prime, feasting on souls until strong enough to return to the Abyss.

The round glowing ones are Solamiths, demons of gluttony who eat souls and then process them into soulfire, which they can tear from their gut and throw at foes or release in a burst against any creature attacking them.

Gabriel: The demons are flying at a run, so unless you spend your second prep round's actions catching up, you can't reach them.

Ernir
2010-06-30, 03:46 PM
Karamandes

Still hidden, Karamandes goes over his weapons and armor, making sure everything is in place. Content with his preparations, he crouches down and prepares to join battle.

Move action: Out with the bow.
Knowledge Devotion roll: [roll0] (assuming these are outsiders).

Karamandes knows Abyssal. Does he not understand what they are saying?

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-30, 03:57 PM
Whoops, missed that on your sheet. Yes, Karamandes can understand them; you can open that spoiler.

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-30, 05:44 PM
Percy
What now? Now, we fight! Percy says, as he draws his sword. We strike first, then let our allies sweep in and surprise the fiends!

Sorry for the delay, I didn't know the group moving along the road needed hide checks too. Oh well, guess the nat. 1 shows that's what Percy thought too.:smallsigh:

Ryuuk
2010-06-30, 06:27 PM
Seri

<Giant>Hey, you there? Come on wh---</Giant>

"Nabassus and Solamiths" She says aloud, a hand at her face while she remembers. "Don't stare into the winged ones eyes, else you'll slowly wither away and raise as a ghoul. As for the fat ones, they'll set fire to those that strike them and throw flames at those nearby... Neither are content with just killing, they both feast on souls." She winces and closes her eyes, but nods. "We need to careful here."

Nevi nods. "I see, I am at your command if you wish to move with me." There was an amused tone in his voice, as if Percy's answer were familiar.

If you want to ride Nevi, feel free to move him Kira_the_5th, he's got a 50ft movement speed, decent AC and grants you the Mounted Combat feat as well as +5 to ride. Quick mounts and dismounts are pretty useful.

Tacitus
2010-07-01, 07:24 PM
Wogg
HP: 175/175
AC:26+2 T:14+1 FF:26+2 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+40
Flight Speed: 40
Condition: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Ghost Step, Die at -20, +2vs Charm/Comp, DR 6/Magic

The stealthy little (for any fairly large value of little) hobgoblin inches forward while trying to keep from sight, drawing his weapon and preparing a means of flight.

In the two rounds available Wogg will conceal himself, moving forward if possible, and make use of two standard actions to Start and Complete a full-round action to use Rapid Meldshaping. Somewhere in there he'll Swift to reallocate essentia and draw his weapon during a Move.

Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]

and again if needed
Hide: [roll2]
MS: [roll3]
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[0] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[4] Pegasus Cloak: Continual Feather Fall and +2+2E Enhancement on Jump Checks.
[Bound]: Fly Speed of 10E (Average)
[0] Incarnate Avatar: +E Untyped on one: Skills, Attacks, Saves, AC, or x2 on Damage

Goldfly
2010-07-02, 11:15 AM
Sir Gonen

Sir Gonen pulls out his chain, preparing to fight the demons whn they get close.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-02, 02:07 PM
As you make your frantic preparations, a short way off you hear a loud whirring sound and the cracking and shattering of branches and tree trunks, then a few seconds later it ceases, a soft voice calling out indistinctly when it does so. This cycle repeats several more times, and as the sounds come closer you can see through gaps in the trees that someone is evoking and dismissing large curtains of whirling blades to cut a wide path through the woods in your general direction. The blades block your view of whatever is creating them until it gets very close to your position. As you finish your preparations and the latest round of falling trees falls silent, you hear a lovely soprano voice call out, "Come now, ssweet thingss, there iss no usse at all in hiding. My sscoutss have already told me that there are sseveral of you hiding in thesse woodss. I sshall be mercciful if you sshould come out and ssave me ssome trouble!"

Her voice has a strange sibilance, which is explained as the source of the voice comes into view. A creature slithers into view, towering about ten feet above the ground. From the waist up, it is a beautiful humanoid female, wearing a skimpy metal shirt for armor, many bangles on its arms, and not much else. From the waist down, however, it is a massive constrictor snake, undulating and coiling around nearby branches and snapping them in half. In its six arms, the creature holds a longbow, a length of chain, a falchion, and a dagger; a cloak of what appears to be human skin hangs from its shoulders, a desiccated human hand serving as the clasp. Its alluring face is marred by blood-red tattoos, and a small stone of paler red orbits its head. As it opens its mouth to call out again, you see many wicked fangs: "Why hello, darlingss," it says, a look of surprise on its sneering face. "It sseemss there are more morsselss than I exxpected!"

Since you knew it was coming, you all get a surprise round, then initiative proceeds as normal:

Group Initiative
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Enemy Initiative
[roll6]

Average group initiative is 20, the demon gets to act first after the surprise round.

If you want, you can roll another Hide and Move Silently check during the surprise round, or stick with your current rolls; if your Hide or Move Silently checks are lower than the following, it knows you're there:
Spot: [roll7]
Listen: [roll8]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-02, 03:34 PM
Map--Surprise Round
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter2-0.png

The M is the demon, the green and brown flecks are the destroyed trees (that area is difficult terrain), and the green circles are trees (all of which grant cover). Colored letters are PCs and companions as before.

Chaelos
2010-07-02, 04:34 PM
Gabriel

Standard Action (last round, which I didn't have time to finish): Cast Shield
Move Action: Draw Slayer

Gabriel, spying the massive demon, swears under his breath; he looks off toward sea, where the other demons had headed, and shakes his head.

"I think we'll be needing a new ride."

Turning towards the demon he, flies down to within 5 feet of it, still invisible, muttering a spell as he descends.

Standard Action: Cast Protection from Evil on self
Move Action: Move to within 5 feet of the demon.

Knowledge (Planes) to identify and recognize weaknesses: [roll0]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-02, 05:17 PM
Gabriel
1) [Good] spells don't work, and that includes protection from evil. We'll count that as a protection from chaos, since it works out to the same thing.

2) This is a surprise round, so you only get a standard action, no move action.

The creature is a marilith demon. It possesses damage reduction, bypassed by good and cold iron weapons; resistance to acid, cold, fire, and spells; and immunity to electricity and poison. It has no particular vulnerabilities or weaknesses.

Ryuuk
2010-07-02, 05:47 PM
Seri

<Giant>"Hehe, looks like we got lucky, the flame wielders are ignoring us and we only have to fight the snake woman."</Giant> Fimbul snarls and advances and shows herself without fear. <Giant>She's half lowlander, hehe, how fragil is she Seri?</Giant>

Her rider doesn't seem to be taking things nearly as lightly though. <Giant>"Fimbul... she's not like the Dretches, keep that in mind." She watches the the demons fly away and curses under her breath, she points at them with her right arm and concentrates as it grows hotter. At the very least, she could slow them down. Turning back to the demoness, she throws another pair of curses her way. One of them runs at her while the other is only heard by Seri and her target.

A surprise round is only a standard action, but I hope this isn't too much.

Fimbul:
Free Action: 5ft step forward

Seri:
Standard Action: Sleet Storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sleetStorm.htm) from her mark, with a range of Long (400+40/level) and a caster level of 15, it should be enough to put it in the way demon's path. If possible, she'll put the cylinder vertically rather then horizontally. At the very least, it's big enough to for those at the ship to see.
Free: Command the Dark Companion to move next to the Demoness, -2 AC and -2 to Saves
Swift: Hexblades Curse, DC 18 Will

Save for the mark, nothing should happen to Seri unless this is a 1: [roll0]

Ernir
2010-07-03, 09:16 AM
Karamandes

Karamandes mutters a curse in a language none of you understands, and fires an arrow after one of the demons headed for the ship.

One arrow, which splits. Distance penalties not factored in. Swift action to ignore DR, if possible.
Arrow 1: [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] cold damage.
Arrow 2: [roll3] for [roll4] and [roll5] cold damage.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-09, 12:47 AM
A flurry of white engulfs the demons flying overhead, and you can hear some growling and yelps as they are thrown into confusion and then struck with arrows by a creature they can't see. Fainter but still barely audible are cries of warning from the ship; they know the demons are coming now, so they have a chance, if a small one.

Seeing you try to kill the demons en route to your ship, the demoness hisses with laughter. "Oh, how preciouss," she clucks condescendingly between cackles, "the brave heroess dissregard the threat to their own livess to ssave the poor, pathetic weaklingss they left behind." Tightening her grip on her weapons, the demoness wraps her serpentine half together like a tightly-coiled spring. "Well, I think I'll teach you foolss why ssmart heroess ignore the direct threat to ssave innoccentss at their peril. If you're sso conccerned about sstrangerss, let'ss ssee how you feel about thosse lovely petss of yourss...."

Suddenly, she lunges forward, swinging her arms in lethal whirling arcs as she launches herself high into the air. Translucent glowing wings appear momentarily from a sash around her waist, allowing her to float over the treetops and descend with frightening speed to land in your midst. Her weapons lash out at Dwomak and Nevi for the most part, aiming to unseat Percy and Gonen, while her tail whips overhead to try to snatch Karamandes.
Dwomak (flat-footed)
Falchion: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]
Falchion: [roll2]; Damage: [roll3]
Falchion: [roll4]; Damage: [roll5]
Falchion: [roll6]; Damage: [roll7]
Short Sword: [roll8]; Damage: [roll9]

Nevi (flat-footed)
Spiked Chain: [roll10]; Damage: [roll11]
Longbow: [roll12]; Damage: [roll13]

Karamandes
Tail: [roll14]; Damage: [roll15] plus Improved Grab (grapple [roll16]) on a hit

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-09, 12:50 AM
Map--Round 1
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter2-1.png

Ernir
2010-07-09, 11:45 AM
Karamandes

Karamandes does his best to render the demon's grapple ineffective by having it grab his barbed armor rather than anything that gives an effective hold.

Immediate action: Wall of Blades with armor spikes. [roll0]

If this beats the attack roll, he withdraws to the southeast corner of the map.
If this doesn't... well, then Karamandes is out. :smalltongue:

(Why the hell don't I have an Anklet of Translocation?)

Ryuuk
2010-07-09, 07:30 PM
Seri

"You disgusting wench, don't you dare...!"
"Get away from him, leave him alone!"

As the demoness goes after Nevi, both Fimbul and Seri charge forward, frosted axe and fang ready to strike. Both curses try fall back on her, one murmured between rage filled words and another running at her. The wolf and its rider seem to be fighting more through instinct then rational, letting emotion get the better of them, even if it meant doing just as the demon wanted.

Seri
Free: Move the Dark Companion to the space directly below Percy on the map.
Swift: Another curse, as the last one didn't seem to take effect.
Standard: Attack when in range

Seri's attack:
Attack: [roll0] (DC gives -2 AC)
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Fimbul
Move: Move to the clearing to the top left of the Marilith
Standard: Attack

Fimbul's attack:
Attack: [roll5] (PA for 5) (DC gives -2 AC)
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll9]
+ Trip: [roll10]

Seri's AoO if Fimbul connects:
Attack: [roll11] (DC gives -2 AC)
Crit Confirm: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] + [roll14] Cold
Crit Damage: [roll15]

As for Nevi, if possible, could pearcy use the mounted combat feat to try to avoid the arrow? With the brittle, he's getting +7 total on ride.

Nevi will hold his action in case Percy gives a command, otherwise, he'll just use his breath weapon and take a 5ft step back. If it can blink in again, odds are it could chase if it wanted to.

Breath [roll16], clinging for 4 rounds, DC 18 Reflex half
Usable again in [roll17]

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-09, 07:59 PM
You're free to attack with Nevi as you see fit, Ryuuk. I'm not nearly as qualified on what Nevi can do.

Percy

Percy tries to move Nevi out of the way to evade the attacks, before striking back with a few of his own.
Your looks are dis-arming, demon, but nothing I can't hand-le!

Rolls:

Mounted Combat: [roll0]
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll3]
Crit Damage 1: [roll4]

Attack 1: [roll5]
Damage 1: [roll6]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll7]
Crit Damage 1: [roll8]

Feint w/Fast like a Freak: [roll9]
Attack 1: [roll10]
Damage 1: [roll11]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll12]
Crit Damage 1: [roll13]

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 01:53 PM
Sir Gonen

As Dwomak is hit repeatedly by the demoness, Gonen jumps from his back, brandishing his chain. He adopts a stance, and attacks the demon with his chain.
Meanwhile, Dwomak backs away from the demon.

First of all, Gonen makes a fast dismount.
[roll0]
He steps towards the demoness if he makes it, if not, he stays in place.
He adopts the Child of Shadows stance, then attempts to attack the demon.
Finally, he makes the Clinging Shadow Strike.
[roll1][roll2][roll3]
The demoness must make a DC 10 Fortitude save, or have a 20% miss penalty for 1 round.

Dwomak takes a 5-foot step right.

Chaelos
2010-07-11, 03:41 PM
Gabriel

Drawing his blade, Gabriel flies around the demon, getting into position behind her. He is still invisible.

Move action: Draw Slayer
Move action: Get to flanking position

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-13, 09:45 PM
Since Tacitus appears to be busy, I'll NPC him for the time being using the SOP noted in the OOC thread for the first battle (at least through this combat, if he doesn't post at all). Also, Chaelos: Gabriel drew his blade in the surprise round, so on this turn he has a standard action to do as he wishes; to speed things up, I'll assume he readies an action to do whatever, so he has a standard action to work with before his next turn.

Wogg uses the sonic ray from his Yrthak Mask.
Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1] sonic

As his teammates attack the demoness, Wogg unleashes a cacophonous ray from the strange-looking soulmeld floating over his face.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-13, 09:59 PM
Karamandes narrowly avoids the thrashing tail and manages to duck out of its reach and escape. The demoness contorts its beautiful face in a snarl as he does so, then snaps her head to face Seri, smiling sweetly once again. "Oh, foolissh child, whatever your pitiful magic iss, it iss to me as a flea iss to your wolf," she taunts, "sso I don't ssee why you bother." Looking down at the shadowy wolflike figure that has just silently glided into place beside it, she slaps her tail through it and curls her lip. "Your figment of a whelp iss almosst as pathetic as your real oness, too." Despite her nonchalance about Seri's companion, she does seem to be keeping an eye on it, just in case...which is why she doesn't quite manage to avoid the coordinated attack by Seri and the wolves. Seri's blows don't pierce the demoness's tough scales and it seems unfazed by Nevi's frosty breath, but Fimbul manages to sink a fang into its more vulnerable upper torso.

The demoness practically yawns when she hears Percy's puns. "Truly, mortal, you musst find ssome better humor than that if you wissh to disstract me," she sighs disdainfully. "Not only--" Further words trail off into an angry hiss as Gonen's chain manages to strike her and digs into her scales. Before she can make a snappy retort, Wogg's ray flashes in to strike her in the same spot. "I will desstroy you all!" she shrieks, her arms spinning harder and faster in rage.

Wogg
Short Sword: (1d20+27)[32]; Damage: [roll8]

Karamandes
Longbow: [roll9]; Damage: [roll10]

Gonen
Spiked Chain (AoO): [roll11]; Damage: [roll12]
Spiked Chain: [roll13]; Damage: [roll14]
Tail: [roll15]; Damage: [roll16] plus Improved Grab (grapple [roll17]) on a hit

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-14, 06:36 PM
Map--Round 2
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter2-2.png

Ernir
2010-07-14, 08:14 PM
Karamandes

The elf is hit with an arrow, but he grimaces, and fights on.
"You're slow, hellbitch. Let me and your partners there show you how it's done..." he says, and starts shooting at the fleeing flyers.

Less loudly, he says "Father, I could really use some guidance right now!" and grits his teeth.

Free action: Start Whirling Frenzy.
Free action: Activate Haste from Boots of Speed
Free action?: Eternal Training to get int to damage and to-hit. (I can't see it specifying an action needed to activate, if it needs an action other than a free action, then I'm skipping this, resulting in -5 on the relevant rolls).

Swift action: Activate Punishing Stance

Full attack, Whirling Frenzied, Arrow Swarm, Hasted:

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold damage.
[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] cold damage.

[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] cold damage.
[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] + [roll15] cold damage.

[roll16] for [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19] cold damage.
[roll20] for [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] cold damage.

[roll24] for [roll25] + [roll26] + [roll27] cold damage.
[roll28] for [roll29] + [roll30] + [roll31] cold damage.

[roll32] for [roll33] + [roll34] + [roll35] cold damage.
[roll36] for [roll37] + [roll38] + [roll39] cold damage.

[roll40] for [roll41] + [roll42] + [roll43] cold damage.
[roll44] for [roll45] + [roll46] + [roll47] cold damage.

[roll48] for [roll49] + [roll50] + [roll51] cold damage.
[roll52] for [roll53] + [roll54] + [roll55] cold damage.

[roll56] for [roll57] + [roll58] + [roll59] cold damage.
[roll60] for [roll61] + [roll62] + [roll63] cold damage.

[roll64] for [roll65] + [roll66] + [roll67] cold damage.
[roll68] for [roll69] + [roll70] + [roll71] cold damage.

Ryuuk
2010-07-15, 12:17 AM
Seri

Recovering from the lunge, Fimbul spits and snarls as she tries to get the taste out of her mouth. She turns to her younger brother. <Giant>Just stay back, she's too big a hunt for you and you know it... I'll teach that thing just how nasty we can be...</Giant> Before she can try and get another piece of her Seri stops her. She's simply staring back at the serpent. She dismounts. Then she smiles.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" She meets Fimbul's gaze briefly, before looking back at the demoness. "I was always told about you're kind's tactics, and back in town I even saw them first hand." In unison, both Fimbul and Seri opposite their foe, flanking her. But this? You rush into a pack spewing curses and threats. So what if you can kill us one at a time? Again, in unison, both Fimbul and Seri lunge forward, making use of the wholes in her defense. "Even with so many arms, no one can take a whole pack alone. I thought your kind knew that best."

Nevi will withdraw, if possible, leaving Percy behind.

Seri will quick dismount and move to a spot to the south of the Marilith, provoking an attack if need be. Fimbul will move to the north in order to flank.

The Beast Heart Adept and his pets get +4 to Attack and +2 to Damage when they flank with each other, this might make a difference.

Seri's attack:
Attack: [roll0] (DC gives -2 AC)
Damage: [roll2]

Fimbul's attack:
Attack: [roll4] (PA for 5) (DC gives -2 AC)
Crit Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]
+ Trip: [roll8]

Seri's AoO if Fimbul connects:
Attack: [roll9] (DC gives -2 AC)
Crit Confirm: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
Crit Damage: [roll12]

19 on the attack, so close to a dramatically appropriate Crit :smallbiggrin:

Chaelos
2010-07-15, 01:49 AM
Gabriel

Whoops, lost track of what Gabriel had actually done. His standard, readied action for the previous turn is just a regular attack.

Crit threatened on 17-20.
Damage 1: [roll1] Physical (cold iron) + [roll2] Bane weapon damage + [roll3] Move and attack damage
Critical Confirmation 1: [roll4]

Gabriel suddenly materializes beside the massive demon, his blade glowing with powerful magic. His face is stern, as if he's disappointed.

"It seems we have been underestimated."

He lashes out in a web of intricate bladework, the air around him seeming to shift wildly as his sword dances about the demon.

Full-Round Action--Power Attack with Slayer (Cold Iron +1 Evil Outsider Bane Longsword, effective enhancement bonus +5 vs. evil outsiders), -9 to attacks, +18 to damage, for all attacks this round, crit on 17-20.

Attack 1: [roll5]
Damage 1: [roll6] Physical (cold iron) + [roll7] Bane weapon damage
Critical Confirmation 1: [roll8]

Attack 2: [roll9]
Damage 2: [roll10] Physical (cold iron) + [roll11] Bane weapon damage
Critical Confirmation 2: [roll12]

Attack 3: [roll13]
Damage 3: [roll14] Physical (cold iron) + [roll15] Bane weapon damage
Critical Confirmation 3: [roll16]

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-18, 09:27 PM
Percy

Hah! Perhaps you should keep a better hold on your chain of thought, scaly wench! Percy says as he thrusts forward with another round of attacks.

Action: Full attack, feint on the last.

Rolls:

Crit Damage: [roll7]

Feint: [roll8]
Attack 3: [roll9]
Damage 3: [roll10]
Crit Confirm: [roll11]
Crit Damage: [roll12]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-21, 03:54 PM
The volley of arrows from Karamandes turns the two winged demons into pincushions; they scream in anguish as they let go of the demons they carry and plunge to the ground. One of the carried demons also falls prey to the arrows, rupturing with a disgusting spray of glowing orange bile easily visible in stomach-churning detail from where you are. The last demon is wounded, but does not die, flailing its limbs and yelling in Abyssal as it falls into the forest and out of sight.

Seri and her companions make up for the demoness's mockery of their skills, as blade and fang pierce its scaled hide. It hisses at the pain and Seri's banter, glaring at them with hatred in its eyes. "You inssolent mortalss are growing far too irritating for my tasste. Ssince you sseem to have removed my sscoutss, perhapss I will vissit your transsport, sslaughter them, resst and recuperate, and then desstroy you at my leisure...." So focused is it on those three that when Gabriel appears behind it, it is caught completely by surprise and his strikes find the soft, vulnerable flesh on its upper body not covered by the skimpy armor.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!"

The demoness slumps forward, blood spilling from many wounds. Percy's blade takes it through the chest, drawing a pained moan and a few wheezing breaths. For a moment, it seems like the creature is dying, but then you realize that the wheezing is actually laughter forced from lacerated lungs. "Very...niccely...done," it gasps, "but...thiss...isn't...over." It takes a deep breath and rights itself, its wounds beginning to close slightly, then explodes in a flurry of motion, swinging every arm in a whirlwind of death in a last-ditch effort to slay you. In the midst of this flurry of steel, she spits "You cannot esscape vengeancce by retreating, cowards!"; she points at Wogg, sending a wave of barely-visible force rippling toward him, and looses an arrow at Karamandes.

Seri
Falchion: [roll8]; Damage: [roll9]

Nevi
Falchion: [roll10]; Damage: [roll11]
Falchion: [roll12]; Damage: [roll13]
Falchion: [roll14]; Damage: [roll15]

Fimbul
Spiked Chain: [roll16]; Damage: [roll17]
Spiked Chain: [roll18]; Damage: [roll19]
Short Sword: [roll20]; Damage: [roll21]

Gabriel
Spiked Chain: [roll22]; Damage: [roll23]
Short Sword: [roll24]; Damage: [roll25]
Short Sword: [roll26]; Damage: [roll27]
Short Sword: [roll28]; Damage: [roll29]

Percy
Spiked Chain: [roll30]; Damage: [roll31]
Tail: [roll32]; Damage: [roll33] plus Improved Grab (grapple [roll34]) on a hit plus [roll35] Strength

Karamandes
Longbow: [roll36]; Damage: [roll37]

Wogg
Will save DC 23 or be hurled 160 feet up in the air
Will: [roll38]
Falling damage if failed: [roll39]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-21, 03:59 PM
Map--Round 3
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/psychictheurge10/Map--Encounter2-3.png

Ernir
2010-07-21, 05:13 PM
Karamandes

Karamandes mutters an undercommon obscenety when he sees his travelling companion go down, but he stays in place, and keeps on firing.

Swift action to ignore the Marilith's DR.

Full attack, Whirling Frenzied, Arrow Swarm, Hasted:

[roll0] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll7]

[roll8] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll9]
[roll10] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll11]

[roll12] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll13]
[roll14] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll15]

[roll16] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll17]
[roll18] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll19]

[roll20] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll21]
[roll22] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll23]

[roll24] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll25]
[roll26] for [roll]1d8+11[roll] + [roll27]

I happened to find out that Maries have cold res 10 the other day, so I'm not going to bother with rolling that. :smallsigh:

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-21, 05:52 PM
As Karamandes's arrows thud into the demoness one after the other, more and more blood spurts from the wounds on her body. She doesn't seem to feel much pain from them, and in fact seems to enjoy them somewhat, but after a few arrows it becomes more than her body can take. "Sso, not as weak as I thought, mortalss," she snarls, then pauses, and adds thoughtfully, "I will have to remember that." Her form begins to waver and fade, and her weapons and other belongings begin slipping through her body. Smiling, blood dripping from her lips, she continues, "I hope you ssweet thingss didn't think I would fight to the death if I were really here; a Demon Princce can requesst that I sspearhead an asssault, but he can't make me rissk anything important. We will mosst ccertainly crosss bladess again."

As her form becomes almost impossible to make out, she whispers "I will be awaiting our next meeting with relissh." With that, her body is gone, and her possessions fall to the ground with a muted clunk.

Chaelos
2010-07-21, 06:30 PM
Gabriel

Though she tries her hardest to eviscerate Gabriel, his supernatural quickness leaves her coming up empty handed on each strike but the third, when her short sword briefly manages to cleave into his shoulder armor and draw blood. Gabriel smiles, raising his blade to finish her off, and frowns as she fades into nothingness. He flicks his weapon, spraying whatever residue the creature left on it into the grass, and looks at the spot the demon occupied. He seems visibly angry for the first time since you've met him.

[Abyssal]
"Coward," he positively spits. "Next time, you will be my prey."

He looks around. "Anyone hurt?"

Knowledge (Planes) to identify what just happened: [roll0]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-21, 06:34 PM
Gabriel
Generally, if a creature disappears upon death leaving any possessions behind, it simply means they were summoned rather than called.

Ernir
2010-07-21, 06:52 PM
Karamandes

It takes Karamandes a few seconds to exit his killing stance, but as soon as his senses have returned, he rushes to Sir Gonen.

"Yes, someone's hurt! Gonen here..."

"Seems to be dead.", he finishes with a sombre tone.

Punishing Stance inactive.

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-25, 05:35 PM
Percy

Are...are you sure?! Percy says, running over to Gonen. Is there nothing we can do to save him?

I'm sorry, I was gone a bit longer than expected, as traffic was terrible. Anyway, how dead exactly is Gonen, i.e. can we still save him?

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-25, 08:50 PM
According to goldfly, Gonen dropped to -19 during the battle, so for all intents and purposes he's down for the count.

Ernir
2010-07-26, 06:41 PM
Karamandes

"I'm no better a healer than the common man, but he sure looks dead as a stone to me."

"Not to make little of his death, but we are on a mission, and his demise does not change that. I suggest we do what rites we can, and press on."

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-26, 08:43 PM
GabrielAfter casting a spell to detect magic among the marilith's possessions, your trained eyes pick out six magical items.

Two of the items are quite familiar to you: a cloak which increases its wearer's resistance to harm and makes him look great in the process, and an ioun stone that protects against magic. Two are unfamiliar, though you understand the magical principles behind them: a ring that allows its wearer to act more quickly in combat, and a belt which allows its wearer to fly via glowing wings that appear or disappear as needed. One is something you haven't seen before: an iron vest that greatly enhances its wearer's skill in combat. Finally, one is a very rare item that you feel will come in handy: a sword that adjusts to its wielder's size and bends fate to his favor.

Mechanically, those items are thus:
--a cloak of resistance +4 & Charisma +2
--a pale lavender ioun stone
--a belt of battle in ring form
--wings of flying in belt form
--an iron vest granting knowledge of several Iron Heart maneuvers
--a luck blade

Chaelos
2010-07-26, 09:16 PM
Gabriel

Having not known Gonen particularly well, Gabriel doesn't appear much affected by his death. "Another casualty of war," he mutters, his tone striding the line between regretful and indifferent.

While the others busy themselves with the dead man, Gabriel scans his eyes over the items the Marilith left behind. Aided by magic, his keen mind soon penetrates the mysteries of each trinket. When the others have finished mourning Gonen, Gabriel calmly explains the functioning of each of the magical items in turn.

[OOC: Assume Gabriel, being an honest man, tells everything stated in the spoilers above.]

"Powerful tools, indeed," he concludes. "That beast was well equipped, and in the service, evidently, of at least one Demon Prince responsible for this incursion. We should put these tools to good use at once if we are to face more such servants."

He points to the sword. "These weapons are rumored to contain the power of the Wish, but short of wishing upon the sword, I have no way to verify if this particular blade carries any such power. I leave that to the one who claims it."

Gabriel stoops, picking up the ring. "Barring objections, I claim this."

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-26, 09:34 PM
Gabriel explains that the items retrieved from the demoness are a cloak which increases its wearer's resistance to harm and makes him look great in the process, an ioun stone that protects against magic, a ring that allows its wearer to act more quickly in combat, a belt which allows its wearer to fly via glowing wings that appear or disappear as needed, an iron vest that greatly enhances its wearer's skill in combat, and a sword that adjusts to its wielder's size and bends fate to his favor.

Mechanically, those items are thus:
--a cloak of resistance +4 & Charisma +2
--a pale lavender ioun stone
--a belt of battle in ring form
--wings of flying in belt form
--an iron vest granting knowledge of several Iron Heart maneuvers
--a luck blade

Tacitus
2010-07-27, 02:40 AM
Wogg
HP: 101/175
AC:26+6 T:14+5 FF:26+6 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: +6 Land Speed: 40+40
Flight Speed: 40

Though the hobgoblin had been skewered and slashed several times in but a few short moments he seems no worse for wear once the she-demon is dead. He glides across the fallen leaves and underbrush to look over Sir Gonen's inert form, "Hy fink dat sward dere ken fix diz, if it hev eny magik left. Hy hev no need ver such a blade, but Gonen on ze other hand... He still have a hand, yes?"

Soulmelds changed to match what was used during the encounter.
Damage accounted for, unless DR 6/Magic would have helped. (I doubt it. >.>)

Healing Belt on self, single charge: [roll0]
89->101
Incarnum Spoiler
[1] Crown
[0] Hands
[1] Feet
Soulmelds:
[0] Yrthak Mask: +4+2E Listen
[Bound]: Ed6 Sonic Ray

Rapid Meldshaping 2/day: Reshape and Rebind all soulmelds as Full Round. Uses Remaining: [0/2]

Healing Belt: 1/2/3 charges for 2/3/4d8. Charges Remaining: [2/3]
Belt of Battle: 1/2/3 charges for Move/Standard/Full. Charges Remaining: [3/3]

Ryuuk
2010-07-27, 08:51 AM
Seri

At the Marilith's demise, Seri simply drops, taking a seat on the very ground and laying back. She uses her hands as support while she looks up to the sky and breaths slowly. After turning to see both Fimbul and Nevi alive and liking their wounds, she simply looks to the discarded Falchion and shivers. That thing had practically flayed her alive.

She gets to work on the wolves' wounds then on her own, but pauses when she hears of Gonen's fate. She simply looks over to Dwomak. She stands up and heads toward the Luckblade.

"A wish might bring him back then?" She lifts the sword and tests its balance. "Well, then we need to bring him back."

Sorry about the lags between posts, things have been hectic lately.

Would holding it let me know how many wishes the sword has left?

If there's at least one, then Seri will try the following Wish:

I wish that Dwomak's master returned to life.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-27, 09:00 AM
When Seri lifts the short sword and states "I wish that Dwomak's master returned to life," nothing seems to happen for a moment. Then, slowly, an unnatural wind whips through the trees and sweeps around Gonen. He lifts off the ground in a slow-motion reversal of the fall he made when he was killed, blood appearing in midair and rushing back into him and skin mending around the wound. The marilith's cuts are uncut, slashes unslashed, thrusts unthrusted, and other wounds undone going back to the beginning of the battle. The wind calms, and Gonen stands before you, unharmed. With a tiny pop, a small diamond on the blade disappears, leaving the sword completely devoid of adornments.

Ernir
2010-07-27, 10:31 AM
Karamandes

"Welcome back. Please try not to pull that off again, we might not be this... lucky the next time you croak." Karamandes says, doing his best to disguise his relief.

"Does anyone have a particular use for that cloak? My old cloak had an unfortunate incident involving a fire elemental last year, I have been looking for a replacement. Not that looking so dashing is useful to me..."

Goldfly
2010-07-27, 10:55 AM
Sir Gonen

Gonen gasps as his body magically heals, and his soul returns to the land of the living.

"I... Thank you for saving me."He looks towards the demoness's gear, then shakes his head. "I will be sure to be more careful next time." He smiles weakly. "And perhaps I should aquire a bow."

Chaelos
2010-07-27, 11:32 AM
Gabriel

The elf smiles as life returns to Gonen's body. "One more the Abyss can't claim yet," he thinks.

"Though it is not mine to give, this blade has already granted you life once. Hold it close, and it might serve you well again."

"Though the power of the Wish has left it, I think," Gabriel muses to himself. "Ah well, easy come, easy go. It is still a fine weapon."

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-27, 08:54 PM
Percy
Sir Gonen, it's good to see you back, Sir Gonen. Please, be more careful in the future. I'd hate to see you gone again, especially since we may not be as lucky in what we find next time. Percy says, trying to help Gonen get back on his feet. Also, I hate to sound insincere about this whole thing, but may I have this? he says, indicating towards the belt.I could certainly use the ability to move through the air.

Tacitus
2010-07-28, 03:10 AM
Wogg

The hobgoblin smiles with a wide toothy grin and pats Gonen on the back with a massive hand, "Hy told hyu, he vill be just fine. Hyu keep your head on your shoulders now, hokay?"

Goldfly
2010-07-28, 08:47 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen smiles back at Wogg. "I'll try my hardest."

Tacitus
2010-08-07, 12:38 AM
Wogg

The hobgoblin shuffles over towards the pile of loot and swiftly swipes the vest, "Vell, its not a nyce hat, but hy fink this vest vill do nicely." Leaving his Vest of Resistance for somebody else to claim, the furry goblinoid eases into the vest to see just what this crazy thing does.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-07, 02:19 PM
WoggAs you slip on the vest, you feel it snugly fit to your body, and when you rest a hand on your weapon it subtly moves your arms to change your grip. A vast store of knowledge suddenly explodes into being in your brain--stances, thrusts, parries, footwork, and other fighting techniques pour into your mind and are now second nature to you. The flood of knowledge is overwhelming, but before it recedes to a dull pulse in the back of your mind you're able to pick up a few combat maneuvers that you think will be useful.

[While you wear the vest, you gain knowledge of several Iron Heart maneuvers of your choice, usable as if you learned them through Martial Study; you know one maneuver each of levels 1 to 4 and one stance in the same level range.]

Goldfly
2010-08-09, 06:45 PM
Sir Gonen

Gonen walks up to the pile of magic items. He picks up Wogg's vest, saying
"Does any one mind if I take this?"

Chaelos
2010-08-09, 08:26 PM
Gabriel

Sword still drawn, Gabriel shrugs.

"Hurry and claim your prizes, before more demons arrive. It is foolish to linger for much longer."

The elf glances around to be sure nobody else has snuck up on them. He taps a stud on his belt.

Activate Healing Belt (1 charge): [roll0]

Tacitus
2010-08-09, 11:38 PM
Wogg

The hobgoblin nods absently as he studies the new vest, leaning into a stance that seems clearly good for moving swiftly on foot and leaving the clatter of fumbled blows ring in one's wake. He swipes at the air to test out one of the minor techniques the vest has taught him and at the very last moment before he would hit (or miss) a supposed foe in front of him the angle of the blade changes and he drives it deep into his imaginary friend. He chuckles to himself and begins wandering off towards the town.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-10, 07:18 AM
Ahead of you, through the large gaping hole in the trees caused by the marilith's blade barriers, you can see all the way to the town with few impediments. Tiny figures scramble over buildings, larger demons walk through the streets, and the whole area is lit with a greenish-yellow light coming from somewhere in the middle of the town.

Behind you, billowing columns of smoke rise up through the trees from where your ship is docked (or possibly was docked, if the escaped demon had its way with it).

Goldfly
2010-08-10, 03:43 PM
Sir Gonen

At Gabriel's urging, Gonen puts the vest on, then picks up the small lavender stone. He looks around, and says "If no one wants this, I'll take it."Recalling that the head priest in his home town had a similar stone, he brings it up to his head, and lets go, whereupon it circles [roll0] feet from his head. He looks toward the town, and says "We should help those people. They look like they need it."

Chaelos
2010-08-10, 05:17 PM
Gabriel

Rising into the air again, Gabriel turns invisible and begins flying toward the town.

Cast Invisibility (Extended) on self

Spot checks on the town (See Invisibility and Darkvision activated): [roll0]
Knowledge (The Planes) to identify any demons he sees: [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 77
AC: 25 (32 when Haste, Shield and Protection from Chaos are cast—11ish minutes remain on Protection and Shield)
Attack vs. Demons, using Slayer: +18/+18/+13 (9 Base + 2 Strength + 5 Enhancement + 1 haste + 1 class), Critical Range 17-20/x2
Damage vs. Demons, using Slayer: 1d8 + (3 Strength + 5 Enhancement) + 2d6 (Outsider Bane Weapon), Cold Iron weapon

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Message x2 (1 used)
Level 1: Feather Fall, Nerveskitter, Protection from Chaos x1 (1 used), Shield x1 (1 used), True Strike
Level 2: Rope Trick, Wraithstrike x5 (1 used)
Level 3: Haste x2, Invisibility (Extended) x2 (2 used)
Level 4: Keen Edges (Extended), Spiderskin (Extended), Haste (Extended) x1 (1 used), Magic Weapon, Greater (Extended), Mage Armor, Greater (Extended)
Level 5: Overland Flight, Shadow Evocation x2, Teleport

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-10, 07:05 PM
GabrielWhat's left of the town is crawling with many varieties of tanar'ri, but only babau and jovocs have a noticeable presence, the rest being limited to about five or six specimens of each type. You don't see anything more powerful than a zovvut; obviously they're relying on quantity over quality.

Coming closer to the town, you notice that some of the smaller figures on the roofs appear to be humanoids scuttling around and hiding from the demons; they seem to be in bad shape, given that some of them appear to be moving with limps or other obvious injuries, but from this distance that's about all you can make out.

In the center of town is a small greenish-yellow glowing blob. You'd have to get a lot closer to pick up on any details.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-21, 11:51 AM
As you all creep up to the outer limits of the town, you realize the damage is much worse than it appeared. Buildings are crumbling, with holes smashed through the walls; fires flicker in the streets and a terrible stench pervades the place, thanks to the many burning corpses strewn about; demons scamper around inflicting more destruction and laughing wildly. What's left of the town is crawling with many varieties of tanar'ri, but only babau and jovocs have a noticeable presence, the rest being limited to about five or six specimens of each type. You don't see anything more powerful than a zovvut; obviously they're relying on quantity over quality.

Gabriel mentions that from his vantage point in the air he noticed some smaller figures on the roofs that appeared to be humanoids scuttling around and hiding from the demons; they seemed to be in bad shape, given that some of them appeared to be moving with limps or other obvious injuries.

A greenish-yellow glow emanates from somewhere in the center of the town, but with the obstruction from all the ruins you'd have to get a lot closer to identify its source.

Chaelos
2010-08-27, 02:39 AM
Gabriel

Gabriel flies closer to the center of town, heading for the strange emanations at a healthy altitude. His blade remains drawn, and he remains invisible, but vigilant.

Spot Roll (on the humanoids on the rooftops): [roll0]
Spot Roll (on the demons in the streets): [roll1]
Knowledge (The Planes) Roll (on the demons): [roll2]

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-31, 09:31 AM
Gabriel relays the following to everyone:

On the roofs of the remaining buildings, there are seven humanoids, consisting of three elves of some variety, two humans or part-humans, one goblin, and one hobgoblin. They're all middle-age or thereabouts, except for one elf who appears to be in his seventies or eighties, the equivalent of a human teenager. Most of them have crossbows slung across their backs and are carrying axes or wands. They're sneaking along as best they can with their injuries.

The demons in the streets near them consist of a dozen or so jovocs, a retriever, and a succubus. The jovocs are scrambling through alleyways and in and out of ruins, swiping each other with claws occasionally, while the retriever crawls slowly and carefully, moving its head back and forth as if trying to mystically sniff the humanoids out. The succubus is making occasional flyovers, during which the humanoids huddle in the shadows and under overhanging debris to avoid her scrutiny. The demons don't appear to know exactly where they are, or they'd have been discovered long ago, but they're getting closer.

Gabriel informs you that jovocs are able to harm non-demons within 30 feet whenever they take damage themselves and also heal their own wounds, which would explain why they're attacking each other--they're probably trying to wound the humanoids and get them to cry out in pain or the like. Succubi can detect good and detect thoughts at will, so even if she doesn't see the refugees she can still detect them if they aren't under cover. Retrievers have lethal eye rays that can shoot energy or petrify their targets, so if it manages to find the refugees they won't last long.

Ernir
2010-09-01, 07:12 PM
Karamandes

So, what will it be? Shall we go in, weapons drawn and spells ready, and hope for the best, or does anyone see a less dramatic way to enter?

Goldfly
2010-09-03, 09:56 PM
Gonen

"I believe we should head straight in, unless one of the others can come up with a more safe way to enter." Gonen says, gesturing to the rest of the group.