PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Duskranger (DM Floor 1. No peeking.)

Pages : [1] 2

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 02:21 PM
You awake from a daze to find yourself in a small alcove from a very large area. (100' by 100'. Your alcove is approximately central to the wall on this side. We'll call it the south.) There seems to be a crowd hidden behind a series of walls of force, chanting for blood. Looking at yourself, all your equipment has been replaced by equivalent versions, painted a yellow colour.

Suddenly, a booming voice rings out:

"GOOD CITIZENS, WELCOME TO THE ARENA. YOU HAVE COME TO WATCH A FIGHT, AND A FIGHT YOU SHALL GET. WHO SHALL WIN, THE ROOKIE FROM THE BLUE TEAM (at this point, part of the wall opposite you lights up in blue, and you can see an Azurin standing motionless in the alcove opposite yours, with a grin on his face), OR THE ROOKIE FROM THE YELLOW TEAM. (Your alcove is lit up in bight yellow.)

REMEMBER, WARRIORS, ONLY ONE FIGHTER CAN LEAVE THE ARENA ALIVE. iF YOU LIVE, YOU WILL BE PROMOTED TO BRAWLERS, AND BE ABLE TO FIGHT THOSE OF EQUIVALENT RANK.

MAKE THIS A GOOD SHOW.

The gates lift, and the Azurin looks at you murderously. His shoulders appear protected by a mantle of flame, and he appears to have vambraces of some sort, too.

He's wearing a chain shirt, and has no apparent weapons.

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 02:27 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

I wait with doing anything until I know his initiative.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 02:39 PM
Fail grr.

[roll0]

GOOD LUCK COMBATANTS

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 02:42 PM
I ready an action to attack when he comes within a 30' circle of me within this turn.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 02:45 PM
He strides forward 40', and readies an action.

The crowd begin to boo you.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 02:47 PM
I shift one essentia into my acidic spittle, move 30' and spit:

Attackroll (ranged touch): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 02:50 PM
His readied action goes off, and he spits acid at you, too.

[roll0] RTA for [roll1] acid damage.

He's hurt, but not too hurt.

He shifts his body slightly, spits more acid, then backs off 40'.

[roll2] RTA for [roll3] acid damage.

EDIT: BAD RNG, BAD.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 02:54 PM
Vladimir smiles at him (yes also he is called Vladimir) and waves his hand to come and get him.

Is that all you got, I've seen babies fight with more zeal than you do. Come on, let us dance like gentleman are supposed to he says and moves 30' after that he readies an action to attack the opponent if he comes within 30'

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 02:59 PM
"If you can't keep with the pace, you shouldn't be dancing."

He moves around you, remaining at least 35' away at all times, clearly aware of his own attack's range. He moves 40' (ending up almost precisely to the west of you), and readies an action.

Thelas
2010-05-24, 03:00 PM
You hear the sound of about half of the crowd booing.
Then you realize the other half is asleep.

Don't mind me, I'm just your Aperture Science Crowd-Based Organic Performance And Stylishness Indicator.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:02 PM
The pace ain't the problem the problem is that the opponent is not fighting me, but keeping far away afraid to be spit at by me, or afraid that the crowd will hate you.
Vladimir walks within attack range in one move action and spits.

Attack:[roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:06 PM
He's quick enough that he can attack before you can (readied action):
[roll0] for [roll1]

He dodges your attack effortlessly, and spits again, then moves 40' south (he's still within 60')

[roll2] for [roll3]

"If you wish, we can switch to proper combat, hand-to-hand melee brawling. THAT'S WHAT THE CROWD WANT, ISN'T IT?"

That last was yelled to the crowd.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:09 PM
I bet they do, and I also bet they liked it if I was set on fire and would ran around in circles. Or that I would kill you with nothing but a small needle. And who knows, maybe later. But for now I prefer to spit on an opponent as unworthy as you. Vladimir says looking at the opponent.

He walks within attackrange and spits.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:11 PM
Hit, no kill.

He rolls his eyes.

Well, if you won't come closer, don't complain when I don't, either.

Also, spit:

[roll0] touch attack for [roll1] acid damage.

He moves 40' away from you, and out of range once again.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:12 PM
Moving within 30' spitattack:

How many times did I hit him.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:15 PM
Twice so far. He's hurt, but still up.

That's a miss, though, so now he can spit, and move around you, towards the east.

[roll0] for [roll1] acid damage.

He's 15' east, 20' south of you atm.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:15 PM
I spit at him:

Attack: [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:18 PM
Aaand, he barely dodges that attack.

He'll spit at you again, and move 40' east, now 65' away from you.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Thelas
2010-05-24, 03:21 PM
You can no longer hear yourself talk over the snores of the audience.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:24 PM
I move until I am 5'away from him.

In that case go ahead. You wanted to battle, be my guest

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:28 PM
He grins, says:

"You take the first punch"

Then readies himself for something.

EDIT: How many times has he hit you, btw?

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:29 PM
Was planning on that, why do you think I let you punch me first. But if you want to play it this way, no thanks.

Spitattack:
Attack: [rol]1d20+5[/roll]
Damage:[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:33 PM
Damage:[roll1]

Hereby than. There's no honor amongst people now is there :smallbiggrin:

By the way, does dissolving spittle damage get's less with DR / magic or not (scratch the damage it was allready rolled)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:34 PM
His readied action goes off, and he spits in reply.

[roll0] for [roll1]

I knew you wouldn't actually dare fight me hand-to-hand.

If you're both still alive after those two, he spits again:

[roll2] for [roll3]

EDIT: Yours misses.

DR/Magic does not affect acid damage, no.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:35 PM
I died. Can I get a try again, I have a soft spot for dieing, but serious, I like this part. Even though this char is not really the guy for hand to hand and this dungeon is not really made out for him.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:39 PM
:smallbiggrin:

What, you think melee with the guy with mantle of flame and astral vambraces on is a good plan? :smalltongue:

Same starting positions.

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:40 PM
One thing? Do atral vambraces work against dissolving spittle?

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:41 PM
Vladimir moves 30' looks his opponent in the eye and says:
Welcome, what's your name, they call me Vladimir

Than he prepares to spit on the opponent if he comes within 30' reach.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 03:42 PM
Nope.

Acid damage, so not weapon damage.

They call me Abrams. Hi there.

He walks forward 35', and stops, to ready an action.

You seem a man who prefers his distance. I'll make you an offer. If you refrain from using any kind of ranged weapon, I'll do the same, we'll make it a simple fist fight. As you see, I'm not particularly strong (He seems weaker than average, actually), but I think the crowd would prefer it.

Thelas
2010-05-24, 03:51 PM
The crowd seems somewhat excited.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 03:56 PM
Do I look like someone with ranged weaponry on me. I mean look at me, I may be nimble, but I'm nothing more than well, actually I do not even know what I am, except that I am a halfling. And whta the crowd wants, why should I be interested, I do not even know what I'm doing here. Except for fighting you as it seems. But if you want fistfighting throw the first punch I would say. But honestly I do not trust you.

I walk 30' and stop there and rready an action to spit on him if he moves withing range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 04:01 PM
(There's currently 35' between you.)

He seems confused:

But, we are Gladiators...Our only purpose is to entertain the crowd, and to earn our rewards by doing so.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 04:05 PM
I'm more of an entertaining me kind of person actually. But the rewards what did they told you would get if you would get rid of me, poor Vladimir?

Vladimir sizes up the opponent and looks at him again.

Well chop-chop, you may go first Vladimir is standing in a fistfighting stance and still has his readied action ready

Thelas
2010-05-24, 04:06 PM
The crowd is :smallconfused:.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-24, 04:10 PM
My reward will be determined by how well I please the crowds. If they are well entertained, they will give more money in appreciation. If they are not, they give less.

He starts to move forward into melee, only to be caught by the spit you fire at him.

Hit or miss, he shoots back:

[roll0] for [roll1]

Coward, I knew you would not risk actually fighting me hand-to-hand. That was a underanded tactic.

Thelas
2010-05-24, 04:13 PM
The crowd begins complaining about a lying, underhanded, valorless combatant.
Crowd expressions (average):
:smallsmile::smallconfused::smallconfused:
:smallconfused::smallfrown::smallfrown:
:smallfrown::smallyuk::smallfurious:

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:47 AM
My spitattack:

I know, but actually you nor the audience is particarly interesting for me. And I am not crazy, I know meldshapers like you and I know what you can do, just like what I can do. So melee would be deadly for me. I do not enjoy hitting someone, and burning myself, even though I enjoy the smell of burning flesh, if it's the opponent that burns that is. And still I do not trust you.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 06:46 AM
In my turn:

Spitattack:
Damag:[roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 08:04 AM
The second one hits, and he'll spit back:

[roll0] for [roll1]

He then moves away, ending up 65' away, again.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 08:07 AM
We will never get rid of each other this way, so state what you would like to do about this. I want to wrap this up as fast as possible. Give me a good suggestion and maybe I will go with it. I mean you walk out of range, I do not get in range. You want to give them a show state the terms. If we're going to do a spitbattle let's do it on honest terms. 30' from each other, no moving only shooting, first one who kicks the bucket fails. Or you must have another idea? Vladimir says while preparing an action to spit if the opponent attacks him with an ranged attack.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 08:16 AM
Haha, I was wondering if you were going to be stupid enough to chase me. I guess you're smarter than you look.

He moves into range, and spits:

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 08:18 AM
ReadyactionSpit:
[roll0] for [roll1]

And no, I know your tricks, just like you will probably know mine. I am not fond of being set on fire actually, hope you don't mind

Attack for this round:

[roll2] for [roll3]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 08:27 AM
Miss, Miss.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Then let us see who has the better aim.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 08:27 AM
[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 08:41 AM
Hah. Good show.

He falls. 200XP.

CONGRATULATIONS, COMBATANT FROM THE YELLOW TEAM. YOUR VALOUR WILL BE REWARDED. BRAWLER, MAKE YOUR WAY BACK TOO YOUR TEAM AND REST. YOU'VE EARNED IT.

The alcove you began in seems to have a door in it, which now swings open.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 08:42 AM
Vladimir makes a bow towards the audience before he walks through the door and smiles.

So did you, my enemy, so did you.

Thelas
2010-05-25, 08:43 AM
Final audience reactions:

:smallsmile::smallsmile::smallconfused:
:smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:
:smallconfused::smallconfused::smallfrown:

TS

Legend:
:smallsmile: - +1
:smallconfused: - +0
:smallfrown: -1
:smallfurious: -3
Please interpret the final number as you see fit.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 08:57 AM
As you head through the door, and down the steps, you pass a large drinking fountain filled with a strange glowing liquid.

Heading further, you enter a training area, with a couple of warriors training in various ways.

One of the largest is standing still, and as he sees you he harrumphs, and says:

So, 'Brawler', you think you're all tough now that you've won a single combat? WELL, THINK AGAIN. The fights are only going to get tougher. Here's your reward for the fight, try to be a little more entertaining next time.

The old lady over there will sell you potions if you're too weak to fight without them, but the healing fountain is free to use. Once only, mind.

He hands you 110gp.

Well, what are you waiting for? Heal up, then tell me when you're ready for your next fight.

There seems to only be one door in this area, and it leads to the arena.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 09:01 AM
Once per match or once in total. And what do you suggest I do. By the way, I guess that one night resting isn't what you meant with what you said. And I do not feel myself that tough. That's why I prefer ranged over other variations of combat. I'm just not that good with weapons. Vladimir walks over to the old lady and buys 2 potions of faith healing (100 gp)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 09:05 AM
Once per fight. It's the fountain you just walked past, which will heal you at least partially.

I suggest you go kill another member of the Blue team. Now, if you're not ready for a fight, stop wasting my time, Brawler.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 09:08 AM
Vladimir drinks from the fountain, after that he goes to the man.

I'm ready, any information about my opponent. Or just going to let me charge in blindly.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 09:31 AM
The fountain heals you for 6HP.

Patience, Brawler. I'll tell you what I know.

Your next opponent is a Warforged nicknamed the Terminator. I don't know how much of that is hyperbole, but I don't expect to see your face again.

If you live, you'll be promoted to Myrmidon. If not...well, I guess there'll be some cleaning up to do. The Terminator doesn't leave much left.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 09:35 AM
Well, in that case, I guess he's probably using swords and stuff. I'm ready, hope he is too. Vladimir looks at the door waiting for it to open.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 09:41 AM
"GOOD CITIZENS, WELCOME TO THE ARENA. YOU HAVE COME TO WATCH A FIGHT, AND A FIGHT YOU SHALL GET. WHO SHALL WIN, THE BRAWLER FROM THE YELLOW TEAM, OR THE BLUE TEAM'S TERMINATOR. HIS LAST OPPONENT HAD TO BE MOPPED UP AFTERWARDS, DOES THE YELLOW TEAM EVEN STAND A CHANCE?

REMEMBER, WARRIORS, ONLY ONE FIGHTER CAN LEAVE THE ARENA ALIVE. iF YOU LIVE, YOU WILL BE PROMOTED TO MYRMIDONS, AND BE ABLE TO FIGHT THOSE OF EQUIVALENT RANK.

MAKE THIS A GOOD SHOW.

The warforged in the opposite alcove strikes the bars with his sword just before they lift so the combat can begin.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 09:42 AM

Vladimir moves 15' forward, and puts as a swift action one essentia into Astral Vambraces, giving him DR 4/Magic.

And he prepares to attack his opponent with dissolving spittle as soon as it reaches his reach.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 09:54 AM
The Warforged will move 20' forward, and strike the ground with his greatsword.

You're currently 65' apart.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 09:55 AM
I stay in the same stance, waiting for his action, and all the while still keeping the readied action ready.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 10:03 AM
He takes another 20' move forward, you're now 45' apart.

He hits the ground again.

[roll0]
[roll1] Forgot these two.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 10:04 AM
I use a move action and spit on him:

[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 10:09 AM
Hit.

He'll move within reach, and use SHADOW BLADE TECHNIQUE

[roll0]
[roll1]
for [roll2] damage, and [roll3] if both hit.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 10:10 AM
Neither hits, Vladimir does a 5'step and spits:

[roll0] for [roll1] damage

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 10:24 AM
He goes with the crusader's strike:

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

EDIT: I believe that since you moved essentia, that hit.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 10:25 AM
Close but no cigar mate. Vladimir does a 5' step and attacks:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 10:27 AM
Your AC is 21, since your essentia is is spittle and vambraces atm, so that should have hit.

He hits with another crusader's strike: [roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 10:29 AM
Not really since: 3 of armor (bought a Mwk Studded Leather since ruling became that Essentia doesn't stacks), 2 of shield, 1 of size, 2 of wormtail belt, +4 dex makes: 12+10 makes 22, essentia is in vambraces and dissolving spittle, sheet is here: Sheet (http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/view.php?id=5299)

Vladimir repeats his action cycle: 5' back and spit:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 10:34 AM
Ah, ok, thought you were still in Ankhegs.

In that case, that kills him.

200XP.

CONGRATULATIONS, COMBATANT FROM THE YELLOW TEAM. GO NOW AND REST. YOU'VE EARNED IT.

Thelas
2010-05-25, 10:37 AM
Audience opinion:

:smallamused::smallsmile::smallsmile:
:smallsmile::smallconfused::smallconfused:
:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallmad:
TS

I forgot some:
:smallbiggrin: +3
:smallamused: +2
:smallmad: -2
Of course, you don't have to read these if you don't care, these are just my opinions, and more importantly make dusk feel that there's actually some elaborate system...

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 11:01 AM
Vladimir looks at the audience, grabs the greatsword of the guy and plants it in his chest as deep as his strength is able to do.

Right audience, will see you later, with maybe more of my acrobatic exploits. After that he walks out of the door to the resting room.

Nope, since you said only essentia from one class I found that a Mwk studded leather (though more expensive) was a better option. That's why I do not have any potions, until now that is.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 11:47 AM
Heading back downstairs, the organiser grunts, and says

Well, Myrmidon, I guess you managed to wear down the Terminator. Good job. BUT DON'T GET OVERCONFIDENT. your next opponent is very quick, and very very good with that crossbow he carries around. If you don't take care, he'll fill you full of bolts so quickly you won't have chance to move.

Oh, and here's your reward from the last fight.

He hands you 130gp.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 11:54 AM
Thanks, but I'm never overconfident. He walks to the fountain, takes a drink of what's in there. And cracks his knuckles.
Is there a possibility here to buy weapons? Vladimir asks.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 11:59 AM
Only the Champions can buy anything other than potions. You're still a long way from being a Champion.

We can lend you some basic weapons, though.

The weapons he points at are very poor quality. You can pick any simple weapon, or any martial weapon, but the martial weapons have a -1 to attack and damage, and the simple weapons have a -1 to damage.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 12:04 PM
I just saw that even with a weapon making AoOs ain't going to happen. I need to roll too high. How much HP did I get again 6 for drinking from the fountain? I buy one extra potion of Faith healing for 50 gp.

I should've kept the greatsword I took from the Terminators body, ah well, not really something I like to use anyway. I am ready.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 12:27 PM
You can't loot your opponents' bodies anyway. Your reward is what the crowd choose to give you.

6 it is.

"GOOD CITIZENS, WELCOME TO THE ARENA. YOU HAVE COME TO WATCH A FIGHT, AND A FIGHT YOU SHALL GET. WHO SHALL WIN, THE MYRMIDON
FROM THE YELLOW TEAM, OR THE BLUE TEAM'S.

REMEMBER, WARRIORS, ONLY ONE FIGHTER CAN LEAVE THE ARENA ALIVE. iF YOU LIVE, YOU WILL BE PROMOTED TO WARRIOR, AND BE ABLE TO FIGHT THOSE OF EQUIVALENT RANK.

MAKE THIS A GOOD SHOW."

The other alcove contains a goblin with light blue skin, that is wielding a crossbow, and wearing studded leather armor.
[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 12:30 PM

Vladimir moves 30 feet forward.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 12:46 PM
He summons a small water elemental on the ground, then moves off to the east, hugging the wall.

The water elemental starts to move closer to you. It's still over 60' away, though.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 12:47 PM
Vladimir moves 20' and readies an action to spit on the opponent first within 30' range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 12:53 PM
So, are you moving towards the water elemental, or the goblin?

Either way, the goblin shoots you:

[roll0] for [roll1]

Then continues to move around the edge of the arena. He's now 30' down the eastern wall.

EDIT: Will confirm when I know what the water dude is doing.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:03 PM
And I was walking towards the goblin, which should be now within spitrange if I move one action.

As soon as I know what waterdude is doing I know if he comes within range and if he gets a readied action over him.

Even if he does that I will roll for him than, but I walk towards Goblin and spit on him: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 01:06 PM
Cconf:
[roll0] for [roll1]

The water dude was too far away, he moves a bit closer to both you and the goblin, but still remains over 30' away.

You miss the goblin.

The goblin then moves 40' down the wall, and shoots at you again:

[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:09 PM
That's a hit for 5 damage, gotta love the Astral Vambraces. Anyhow, walk one move action towards the goblin, but stay at least 5 feet away from him and fire my spitball: [roll0] for [roll1]

Come on dice. By the way what's the rule for rolling ones with weapons?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 01:38 PM
You miss really badly, even if your modifier is ridonkulous. Also, you missed, too.

I suddenly realise that that +9 is too small. Forgot his BAB, and a feat.

You're chasing the goblin now, you can barely get within 30' to shoot.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:39 PM
This guy has some dex I mean +1 BAB on lvl 1, weapon focus+1, dex that gives +9 means 28 dex, that's bad, not healthy. I would like to know the build of this critter, because I would say he's strange. I mean goblin means small, so a d6 unless he has strongarm bracers, thereby count the + damage on crossbows, but there will prolly be a feat for. Even than, I would say this build is dangerously strong.

Anyway move action to get within range and spitattack:

[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 01:51 PM
I just realised that I forgot that he should be small. That means that he should have only been doing d6+3, not d8+3. Want me to re-roll, or are you ok with it so far. They were poor rolls anyway.

There's another effect in play, don't worry.

That hits, but he's not hurt that badly.

He reloads his weapon, and fires at you, then drops prone.

[roll0] for [roll1]
on a 19-20:
[roll2] for [roll3]

And the water elemental finally is close enough to charge you:

[roll4] for [roll5]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:53 PM
5' step spit at waterelemental since prone means -4 on hitting him.

[roll0] for [roll1]

And you complain about sucky rolls :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 01:58 PM
Reload+Fire, water elemental attacks:

[roll0] for [roll1]
On 19-20
[roll2] for [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll5]
on nat 20
[roll6] for [roll7]

EDIT: Yeah, I do.

*Mindrapes RNG.*

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 01:59 PM
5' step, spit on elemental:

[roll0] for [roll1]

There was a time I was more lucky than now, ps you're not the only person that needs better rolls. I mean on floor 1 with Saph my rolls were very good. I mean 9/10 reflex saves did I make with a save of +2. This time not as lucky. But neither are you, which makes a little bit good.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:03 PM
Oooh, saved by the Size bonus to AC.

[roll0] for [roll1]
19-20:
[roll2] for [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll5]
Nat 20:
[roll6] for [roll7]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 02:04 PM
5' step ( I try to stay within 30' range of the goblin by the way) and spit at the elemental:

[roll0] for [roll1]

By the way 2 damage done on me. Wish I just could hit my opponents this time.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:09 PM
You actually wish that this elemental was a bit bigger, so you could hit it.

The usual.

[roll0] for [roll1] EDIT: Come on Gobby, roll better than 10. Anything higher than 10.
[roll2] for [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll5]

[roll6] for [roll7]

This fight has been going on nearly a full minute.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 02:10 PM
5' step spitting on elemental: [roll0] for [roll1]. At least the crowd gets a battle.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:14 PM
Hit, but no kill.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

Dammit, why is the elemental using up my good rolls.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 02:14 PM
5' step, spit on elemental:

[roll0] for [roll1]

Actually you don't hear me complaining about that little fact. I enjoy letting Vladimir stay in one piece :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:18 PM
Hit and kill.

The little dude keeps on shooting you.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

There we go, please use the elemental's rolls now.

EDIT: See! See!

EDIT2: That did no damage, did it.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 02:19 PM
I spit on him and wish I took a morningstar with me to try to hit him with if he reloaded his weapon.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Nope lucky I have one essentia in astral vambraces to make it 4/Magic, but I need to crit that guy to hit him, and he only needs to roll good. So if we think who has the upperhand it's him. My Warblade//Incarnate would've made a splatter in this contest. Well, at least with this guy.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:55 PM
Miss.

Something seems to wear off, and his attacks aren't as good anymore.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

The warblade would probably have died to the first encounter, or the second one. And this guy would have hit him almost every time, with the elemental standing in between you and him to prevent charges.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 02:57 PM
I try to hit him with spit:

[roll0] for [roll1]

And maybe, but the warblade would had the mantle of flames up too, so first encounter would've been bad, the second, would probably be more even, but still not the best. And indeed he would've need Crusader Strike a lot against this guy. But I agree this was hard. But this is seriously hard for me too. Hope I hit him I need it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 02:59 PM
The first encounter doesn't need to convince a melee char to melee, so he can spit.

You hit, but no kill.

[roll0] for [roll1]
19-20:
[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:00 PM
Same action again:

[roll0] for [roll1] and I wish that guy would run out of bolts :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:06 PM
[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

DODGE THIS.

EDIT: 20 then 1? LOL.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:09 PM
Dodge My Spittle:

[roll0] for [roll1]

If threat:
[roll2] for [roll3]

Nice rolls TS, nice rolls, wish I could switch mine:smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:13 PM
That misses :smallbiggrin:

His AC right now is 20, since he's lying down.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:14 PM
I hate that. May I ask how many bolts he still has :smallbiggrin:

Spitattack: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:16 PM
A fair few. More than half his quiver.

I propose you tell me when you would use your potions, and I'll run through all the rest of the actions and see who kills who.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:18 PM
I will use my potion now, giving me +9hp and than until I have more than 15 damage (so when I am on -4).

This takes much too long. So I will enjoy seeing who wins. Hope it's not him. Do you post the rest of the combat by the way?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:29 PM
So what's your current HP?

Him: [roll0] for [roll1]
You: Potion.
Him: [roll2] for [roll3]
You: [roll4] for [roll5]
Him: [roll6] for [roll7]
You: [roll8] for [roll9]
Him: [roll10] for [roll11]
You: [roll12] for [roll13]
Him: [roll14] for [roll15]
You: [roll16] for [roll17]
Him: [roll18] for [roll19]
You: [roll20] for [roll21]
Him: [roll22] for [roll23]
You: [roll24] for [roll25]
Him: [roll26] for [roll27]
You: [roll28] for [roll29]
Him: [roll30] for [roll31]
You: [roll32] for [roll33]
Him: [roll34] for [roll35]
You: [roll36] for [roll37]
Him: [roll38] for [roll39]
You: [roll40] for [roll41]
Him: [roll42] for [roll43]
You: [roll44] for [roll45]
Him: [roll46] for [roll47]
You: [roll48] for [roll49]
Him: [roll50] for [roll51]
You: [roll52] for [roll53]
Him: [roll54] for [roll55]
You: [roll56] for [roll57]
Him: [roll58] for [roll59]
You: [roll60] for [roll61]
Him: [roll62] for [roll63]
You: [roll64] for [roll65]

If any criticals are threatened:

Him: [roll66] for [roll67]
You: [roll68] for [roll69]
Him: [roll70] for [roll71]
You: [roll72] for [roll73]
Him: [roll74] for [roll75]
You: [roll76] for [roll77]
Him: [roll78] for [roll79]
You: [roll80] for [roll81]
Him: [roll82] for [roll83]
You: [roll84] for [roll85]
Him: [roll86] for [roll87]
You: [roll88] for [roll89]
Him: [roll90] for [roll91]
You: [roll92] for [roll93]
Him: [roll94] for [roll95]
You: [roll96] for [roll97]
Him: [roll98] for [roll99]
You: [roll100] for [roll101]
Him: [roll102] for [roll103]
You: [roll104] for [roll105]
Him: [roll106] for [roll107]
You: [roll108] for [roll109]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:31 PM
If my first hit kills him I was safe, else it's going to be difficult. And my hp was 2 than I got hit for 5 damage makes -3 used potion makes +6.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:32 PM
What HP were you on after the potion? It basically decides the combat...

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:36 PM
Him: (d20+8)[26] for (d6+3)[9] -3
You: Potion. 6
Him: (d20+8)[19] for (d6+3)[4]
You: (d20+5)[9] for (2d6)[8]
Him: (d20+8)[24] for (d6+3)[9] 1
You: (d20+5)[25] for (2d6)[7] Kill. 200XP.

*LOUD SNORING* HUH, WHA? HE WON? CONGRATULATIONS *YAWN* GO BACK DOWN TO COLLECT YOUR WINNINGS AND REST. YOU EARNED IT.

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 03:39 PM
Vladimir moves into the waiting room tired, gets his reward and looks around.

He drinks from the fountain (gains 6 hp). And sits down.

Can I sleep here by the way? Just asking so I can rearrenge soulmelds and the expanded capacity feat (and gaining those hp from a nights sleep have nothing to do with it, seriously).

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 03:57 PM
You're basically in here to fight til you die. If you win often enough to please the crowds, you can be granted your freedom, and the gold you're recieving is to help you get started in your life as an honorable citizen. You don't get to sleep til you've won enough fights.

You recieve 140 gp for that long, drawn out battle.

Ok kid, you're getting good. There's almost a chance you could make it to champion. But you gotta get past this guy first. He's some kinda crazy wilderness elf monk dude, and that quarterstaff he carries around...I dunno, but I've seen people drop dead after only the most glancing of blows. Don't screw up.

Back in the arena:

"GOOD CITIZENS, WELCOME TO THE ARENA. YOU HAVE COME TO WATCH A FIGHT, AND A FIGHT YOU SHALL GET. WHO SHALL WIN, THE WARRIOR
FROM THE YELLOW TEAM, OR THE BLUE TEAM'S.

REMEMBER, WARRIORS, ONLY ONE FIGHTER CAN LEAVE THE ARENA ALIVE. iF YOU LIVE, YOU WILL BE PROMOTED TO DESTROYER, AND BE ABLE TO FIGHT THOSE OF EQUIVALENT RANK.

MAKE THIS A GOOD SHOW."

Just before the bars open up, you see the elf drink a potion, and he walks out with a flask of oil in one hand and his quarterstaff in the other.

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-25, 04:00 PM

Vladimir does actually not much on his first round, he walks 30' and than readies an action to spit on the monk.

Sad I would've enjoyed giving me more DR/magic. On the other hand what I need is another soulmeld and that's something I wont get.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-25, 04:04 PM
So, you walk out 30'...putting you 65' away from the Monk, who only stepped out of his enclosure.

The Monk will apply the oil to his quarterstaff, and move to 40' away.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 12:37 AM
I move 10' and try to hit the monk with my spit:

[roll0] for [roll1]

I have the idea that this is going to hurt. In the best case scenario he just putting oil of magic weapon on it. On the worst case it's even worse. And knowing you it is worse. Wish I would do more than 3 damage on my first hit, with 12 damage the monk would've hopefully died.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 05:04 AM
That was oil of shillelaigh, actually. Close enough.

However, he now moves closer to you and full-attacks.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

If any hit, fort save.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 05:12 AM
Luckily none hits and I know it was oil of shillelagh, which was the worse choice. Which I didn't want you to remember, but since you allready did.

I move 5', shift my essence from vambraces to dissolving spittle (since a shillelagh is magical) By the way how could the monk full attack when he needs to make a move action to reach me?)

And I spit on him: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 05:32 AM
That's a secret :smallwink:

That misses, He 5' steps, and makes only two attacks, focusing on the one side of the staff.

[roll0] for [roll1] + fort save.
[roll2] for [roll3] + fort save.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 05:34 AM
Fortsave:
[roll0]

If possible: 5' step and attack: [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

And autschj that hurted. If that happens again I die, -5 hp at the moment.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 05:36 AM
Kill, 200XP.

CONGRATULATIONS, CHALLENGER FROM THE YELLOW TEAM. GO NOW, COLLECT YOUR REWARD AND REST. YOU'VE EARNED IT.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 05:38 AM
Thanks, I need it Vladimir says while rubbing his hands. He walks out of the room and looks at the man giving him his money.

After he gets his reward he will drink from the fountain, drink one potion of faith healing to get to 10 hp (6+9 = 15)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 05:47 AM
Want to know what woulda happened if you failed that fort save?

You get 180gp.

Ok, just one more combat, and you're a Champion. This last one is brutal, though. You've got to kill their champion to become one yourself, and this one has killed more of my fighters than I dare guess. He's another snooty Elf, but this one burns people alive. He's a slippery little bugger, too, very very hard to pin down.

Good luck!

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 07:42 AM
Yes I would like to know what would've happened if I had failed?

And I hate wizards and I guess you throw one to me this time. Do I have immediatly after lvl up the use of another soulmeld? or do I need to wait before being able to meld them (to my chakra) and if yes, how would they look upon a gladiator making a zombie out of his opponent and taking it with him. I mean therefore I became evil, to just be able to kill opponents and make necrocarnum zombies of them :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 07:49 AM
You can't loot the bodies, I think reviving them would be frowned on too...Though after you're crowned Grand Champion you might be allowed.

You need to rest to gain the soulmelds...but a Champion is allowed a night's rest before choosing to either go free, or to take the Champion's Challenge, and become Grand Champion.

EDIT: A failed fort save would have resulted in a negative level. :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 12:18 PM
I buy 2 potions of Faith healing, since I drank two of them allready, bringing the total to 3 again. Lucky I made my fortsaves in that case.

So he uses magic. That's a problem. But I hope I can fix that. I am ready. So let's start.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 12:48 PM
"GOOD CITIZENS, WELCOME TO THE ARENA. YOU HAVE COME TO WATCH A FIGHT, AND A FIGHT YOU SHALL GET.

THIS TIME, WE HAVE A CHALLENGER FOR THE RANK OF CHAMPION. WHO WILL PREVAIL? THE YELLOW TEAM'S DESTROYER, OR THE BLUE TEAM'S CHAMPION? EITHER WAY, IT'S SURE TO BE A THRILLING ENCOUNTER.

GLADIATORS, FIGHT.

Your opponent is an Elf with strangely red hair. He's wearing no armor, but touches himself as he enters the arena:

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 12:51 PM

I move 60' towards the elf, shuffle one essentia towards the vambraces to give me 4/magic (swift action so possible). Than my turn is over.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:05 PM
The elf will move, then cast a spell at you.

12 fire damage, reflex halves. He's now exactly 30' away.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:09 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
Strange, what do I see when he casts that spell on me? I mean since you didn't roll for damage.

Anyhow since he used magic I will shift my essentia back to my dissolving spittle again and I will spit:

[roll1] for [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:12 PM
A bolt of fire.

Reflex fails, obviously.

As you spit, he teleports east 10', out of range.

You have a move action, then it's his turn.

EDIT: And you missed on a d29 :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:13 PM
I use my move action to grab a potion of faith healing out of my backpack. So he is. And yes I allready got it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:15 PM
He moves around so that he's 30' away to your east, then fires another firebolt:

[roll0] fire damage reflex halves.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:17 PM
Reflexsave: [roll0]

And if I still live I drink the potion (if I fail the save I die)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:29 PM
That's a failed save.

So nearly there...want to play again?

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:32 PM
Well sure I want to play again, just want to change some things. Hope you don't mind if I change some soulmelds (only the pegasus cloak). And I think I will switch maybe the expanded capacity to vambraces.

And I knew I needed to invest in the resist fire 10 potion.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:35 PM
That's all ok.

As for the arena itself, I'm gonna implement a new feature.

After every fight, you can freeze your characters progress, and if you die from then on, restart after that fight.

The catch? It costs 50gp each time you do.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:44 PM
And can I trade Poor reflexes for meager fortitude (the flaws) doesn't matter if not, but just asking.

the changes are as followed:
Expanded Soulmeld Capacity: (Vambraces)
Pegasus Cloak becomes Totem Avatar (means +1 hp)

I still miss my extra point of essentia :(

And I like the addition. Seriously, nice one. That would mean that if it was here I could start again. Ah well. Doesn't matter.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:47 PM
So, knowing there's a fort save or die, you choose to make your fort save bad?

Fight 1:

Azurin, [roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:49 PM
You're right nevermind, keep it that way. Is better for my char.

My action will be moving 30' and ready an action to spit on him. One essentia in dissovling spittle and one in vambraces (standard at every battle by the way).

Now I know what I should've done, should've lost Imp Initiative and take up a feat that gave me one essentia (never mind, too late now)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:51 PM
He walks forward, tries to convince you to face him in melee, and readies an action.

EDIT: Feel free to swap them if you wish.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:51 PM
I negate him, stand still, and ready an action to spit on him if he comes in range.

Improved Initiative becomes Cerulean Reflexes in that case, and thanks. Essentia is put in wormtail belt by the way

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:55 PM
He takes a 5' step forwards, and readies an action. 35' between you two.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 01:56 PM
5' step and spit

[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 01:58 PM
Hit, no kill.

Readied action:
[roll0] for [roll1]

His turn:
[roll2] for [roll3]

He then moves 40' away, somewhat to the east, so you're currently 65' apart.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 02:00 PM
Oke, ready an action to spit on him if he comes in range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 02:02 PM
He moves to 35' away, and readies an action.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 02:03 PM
5'step Spit:

[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:15 PM
Readied Spit:
[roll0] for [roll1]

Hit, no kill.

His turn:

[roll2] for [roll3]

He doesn't move away this time.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:18 PM
I spit on him: for 2d6[/roll]

Nevermind the damage is not that bad, since I most certainly missed. I move 30' back by the way.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:20 PM
Cconf:

[roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:22 PM
He'll move 30', and spit:

[roll0] for [roll1]

EDIT: 21 damage?

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:23 PM
I spit on him: [roll0] for [roll1]

Yes I am very happy with my totem avatar atm. -9 one hit and I am gone.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:25 PM
Heh. Good luck. You missed, btw.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:26 PM
So did you, spitattack from my site: [roll0] for [roll1]

It's really not my time of the year with rolling.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:28 PM
Miss.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Tense....Don't *you* feel silly for not having dragon mantle atm.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:30 PM
Dead and try again.

By the way a dragon mantle is not in the magic of Incarnum book?? So where's it from? Nevermind, didn't even know there were other books with soulmelds.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:31 PM
Same place as your Astral Vambraces.

Round 1. Fight!

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:34 PM

Wish I knew that before, but won't pick it up this round. If I die again this time I will ask for Totem Avatar to become Dragon Mantle.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:34 PM
35' forward, readies an action.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:36 PM
30' forward, ready actio nto spit on him as soon as he comes in range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:42 PM
As you ready your action, his goes off. He 5' steps towards you, and spits.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Your readied action goes off as soon as you ready it.

His turn is then moar spitting.

[roll2] for [roll3] Cconf on the way....possible kill?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 03:43 PM
Woah.

Cconf:

[roll0] for [roll1]

EDIT: Wat? :smallconfused:

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 03:45 PM
Yes one round kill.

Ok, switch Totem Avatar for dragon mantle, put 1 essentia in it (if allowed)

And initiative: [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-26, 04:04 PM
[roll0]

That's fine.

You're 4-4, btw. :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 01:58 AM
I move 30' and prepare an action to make a 5' step and spit on him if he comes within 35' range (yes I learn from your sneaky actions TS)

And I know it's 4-4 but I get the feeling you are enjoying this a lot, killing me:smallbiggrin:. Ah well, doesn't matter I do enjoy the arena, I find it fun, even though my char would've been zooming through the floor 1 NED like crazy (the original one would be at least)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 07:42 AM
He moves forward, chatting about melee, and you spit at him.

Outraged, he spits back.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 07:58 AM
Readied action: [roll0] for [roll1]

Main attack: [roll2] for [roll3]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 08:03 AM
hit, miss.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 08:28 AM
Backspitting in contest: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 08:55 AM
Kill.

200XP.

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 09:35 AM
Hoped he died. Anyways, going through the door that opened, sip from the fountain, and take my pricemoney since I will get that, hopefully enough to buy one potion of faith healing.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 10:55 AM
Congratulations, etc etc.

120 gp reward.

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 11:28 AM
Like I said, buy one potion of Faith Healing, than go inside.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 11:30 AM
Warforged:

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 11:32 AM

I shift my essentia into the vambraces giving me DR 6/Magic.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 11:37 AM
He moves forward, and strikes the ground.

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 11:40 AM
I stand still, challenge him to come closer and ready an action to spit on him after a 5' step if he moves within 35' range,

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 12:03 PM
He moves again (still 40' away) and hits the ground. (with the greatsword, obviously)

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 02:19 PM
Waiting and readying an action as soon as he is in spitrange I spit (30' no 5' step this time)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 02:22 PM
*chaaaarge*

He bull-rushes you. No AoO.

[roll0] str check.

If he wins, you take [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 02:23 PM
One thing, since he bullrushes he gets withing range and gets the attack over him: [roll0] for [roll1]

Strcheck: [roll2] (If I lose I take 4 damage since Vambraces are 6/magic atm)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 02:29 PM
You missed.

He pushes you back and into your starting enclosure. You can get past him, but you'll take an AoO.

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 02:38 PM
Since I am far enough that whe won't get an AoO if I spit on him: [roll0] for [roll1].

If he does get an AoO if I spit I will try to take a double move, and maybe get a AoO over me, but at least be gone from there.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-27, 02:47 PM
AoO: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

He then charges you:

[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 01:41 AM
5' step and a spitattack: [roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 01:43 AM
Critconfirm: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 01:56 AM
Hit, no confirm.

He 5' steps, and makes an attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

If either hit:

[roll2]

If both hit: [roll3] extra cold damage.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 02:24 AM
None hit, 5 ' step favourite kemehaspitta: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 02:36 AM
Eeep.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 02:37 AM
What does eep mean, the fact that you still roll means he's not dead yet, sadly. That guy can really take a lot of spit :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 02:37 AM
Huh.

Same again:

[roll0] +1
[roll1] +1

[roll2] if one hits.

[roll3] cold damage if both hit.

If neither hit, he dies.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 02:39 AM
Neither hits, so I get me xp for it I guess :smallbiggrin:

Same story as usual, going through the door, drinking from fountain, taking prizemoney.

Besides that I will also drink a potion of fait healing and buy at least one new one.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 02:41 AM
See edit: Was a 22 enough? I forgot counterstrike.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 02:43 AM
Yes a 22 was enough, to hit me for 6 damage. Sadly, did he still die? Since I didn't.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 03:25 AM
Nope, he lived.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 04:12 AM
5' step and spit: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 08:19 AM
[roll0]

Turn forthcoming after I see this roll.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 08:21 AM
5' step, attack:

[roll0] for [roll1]

If hit, he lives. If miss, he dies.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 08:30 AM
He misses so dies. I will miss him. Vladimir leaves the arena, drinks from the fountain, drinks a potion of Faith healing and takes the prize money (less than 22 always misses.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 08:33 AM
140 gp.

The save option is available whenever. 50gp, remember :smallamused:

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 08:37 AM
I thought that every time I died it costed me 50 gp, in that case I save now. Since I know what comes now, and I really hate this guy. Do you enjoy DM-ing this and killing my char that many times :smallbiggrin:?

Anyhow, I buy one potion of faith healing, which I put in my pack (this leaves the total money won at 260-150=110gp+16 that I still had after buying stuff that makes 126 gp left). My hp is 7 atm and I am ready for the next round.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 08:55 AM
Goblin:

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 08:56 AM

Atm vambraces 2 essence giving me DR6/magic
Dissolving spittle 1 to give me 2d6 damage.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 09:00 AM
The Goblin summons an elemental, and he moves off towards the east. The water elemental will move east, too, staying roughly between you and the goblin.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 09:01 AM
I move west, two move actions and circle precisely opposite of him.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 09:07 AM
He shoots, and reloads. The water elemental moves closer:

[roll0] for [roll1]
19-20:
[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 09:12 AM
How far is the water elemental, and how far is the kobold from me?

Anyhow if the elemental is closer than 60' I will move till he is 30' away and than spit on him, else I will ready an action to spit on him if he comes within 35' (5' step and spit). And what for crowwbow does he use?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 09:18 AM
Light.

Water elemental is 50' away.

Kobold is 95' away.

You spit at elemental:

If it lives:

The kobold shoots:

[roll0] for [roll1]
19-20:
[roll2] for [roll3]

it charges:

[roll4] for [roll5]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 11:25 AM
I spit for: [roll0] for [roll1]

In my turn if it survived I will 5' step and spit again: [roll2] for [roll3] if it died I will walk toward the opponent.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 11:47 AM
It died.

He shoots, and lies down.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 11:49 AM
I move towards the kobold (which is quite far away according to calculations, I mean more than 30 feet. If not I attack if it does, 2 move actions towards the opponent)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:02 PM
Yeah, still far away.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:04 PM
So I move 30' if I am in spitdistance I spit: [roll0] for [roll1]

How far am I from the opponent now?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:07 PM
You were already in spit distance. Only 10' away.

That misses.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:08 PM
I spit at him again: [roll0] for [roll1]

I hate the -4 from range. By the way if I lay down do I get a -4 penalty on my attack? Since it's not from a weapon.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:20 PM
You cannot use a ranged weapon, except for a crossbow.

It's not a weapon, so I think you can lie down.

Miss again.

d20=11 for [roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:21 PM
I go lie down in my turn and spit on him, two persons can play this game: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:25 PM
[roll0] for his last turn.

[roll1] for [roll2] again.

Want to do the same as last time?

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:29 PM
I think this goes on for a long time yes. So go ahead and post this fight again in fast forward.

Hitpoints are 7 I drink the potion if my hp reaches 0.

And this turn I will still post: [roll0] for [roll1] (hope it hits) my AC against ranged is now 26

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:34 PM
[roll0] for [roll1], [roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5], [roll6] for [roll7]
[roll8] for [roll9], [roll10] for [roll11]
[roll12] for [roll13], [roll14] for [roll15] Kill. 200XP.
[roll16] for [roll17], [roll18] for [roll19]
[roll20] for [roll21], [roll22] for [roll23]
[roll24] for [roll25], [roll26] for [roll27]
[roll28] for [roll29], [roll30] for [roll31]
[roll32] for [roll33], [roll34] for [roll35]
[roll36] for [roll37], [roll38] for [roll39]

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:39 PM
I hope he died, and you should've done +3 not -3 :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:42 PM
You have 6DR, yes?

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:44 PM
Yes I do why?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 12:46 PM
(d6+3) -6 = (d6-3)

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:48 PM
I get it sorry for that one, in that case. Any how, I rise, walk through the door and take a sip from the fountain. After that I take my money. As soon as I know how much money I get I will save (for 50 gp) and see how much money I have.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-28, 04:23 PM
160gp this time.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:35 AM
Like I said, 50 gp goes to saving my progression till now. 110 gp goes into my budget. I am going to save some so I can buy for the last opponent a potion of energy resistance 10.

I am done for now and ready for battle.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 11:37 AM
elf:

[roll0]

He drinks a potion before the match starts, now has quarterstaff and oil in hand.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 11:39 AM
Initiative auto-win for me (+4 ) my turn.

I move 30' forward and ready an action to spit on anything within 35' range (5' step and spit).

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 11:48 AM
He moves forward a little, then applies the oil to his quarterstaff.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 11:48 AM
I still stand readied and wait till he comes within 35' range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 11:59 AM
He moves to 45' away.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 12:00 PM
I move 15 ' towards him and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] damage

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 12:18 PM
Hit, no kill.

He moves towards you and attacks twice:

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

If either hit, fort save.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 12:19 PM
5' step and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] damage

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 12:57 PM
Miss.

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Go Monk!

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 01:04 PM
Miss. 5' step and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] damage

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:05 PM
Miss.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

If either hit, fort save.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:08 PM
Both miss: 5'step and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] damage (that's another miss, hope the oil of shillelagh runs out soon, ten rounds is the period it works so I have maybe only 6 rounds to worry :smallbiggrin:)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:13 PM
This is pathetic.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Gogo monk.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:14 PM
I agree with you. And I thought he was a monk, not a gogodancer :smallbiggrin:

5' step spit: [roll0] for [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:15 PM
Miss again.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:16 PM
5' step and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] (this one should've hit, I mean it's 12 damage, that's enough to kill almost everyone in one hit at lvl one :( )

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:21 PM
[roll0] for [roll1] EDIT: Yessss. Fort save if you're alive.
[roll2] for [roll3]

GRAAARGH.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:23 PM
I am alive, but barely -6 atm.

Fortsave: [roll0]

If I make the save I do a 5'step and spit: [roll1] for [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:24 PM
You miss. He presses the attack.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:25 PM
I died, try again with the monk (luckily I saved).

Can you roll initiative in you post to use less space :) I forgot it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:27 PM
[roll0]

Better luck this time.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:29 PM
I will do it myself than :P

[roll0]

And my first action will be 30' step, ready an action to attack if someone comes within 35' range

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:40 PM
oil applied, moves forward.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 02:42 PM
How far from me, if possible, I keep the distance on 30' between him and me) and spit: [roll0] for [roll1] (not that I hit him with these rolls :P)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-29, 02:52 PM
He was a bit more than 30 feet away, but you could move and attack.

He moves up to you and attacks.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]