PDA

View Full Version : Arcuied Institute: IC.

Fan
2010-05-25, 12:21 AM
Each of you, awakes in your respective "Rooms", if they could be called rooms. Being nothing more than a simple 10 by 10 by 10 cubical with a cot, and a few shelves stuck into it.

When you awaken, you all hear a rather odd buzzing, what could be called a sort of all call to each of your rooms, the buzzing stops periodically every 10 seconds before repeating, like a beehive stirred into action the noise also appear to get louder after each interval indicating some measure of urgency to your arrival.

Thus, upon your leave of your room, you notice that among the normally steel grey walls of the institute, the painted stripes glow along the walls, indicating the path you are to take, making finding your way through the myriad path ways, around research labs, infirmaries, and weapon testing facilities. All but child's play.

As you each arrive, you notice that despite the rather urgent tone of the ever mounting buzzing, that the missions director has yet to arrive.. Leaving each of you alone in the debriefing chamber.

The chamber itself is rather ample, with a circular display table in the middle adorned with many buttons, and knobs no doubt controlling many aspects of maps, and documents that would be set up on such a display. The lights are currently off in the room, giving a eerie green glow to much of the room, and casting shadows about in places that would cause those with paranoia issues to think that they were being watched.

Then, as suddenly as you had all arrived, the lights switched on. Changing the room from a eerie green to a nearly blinding white. Then with the sound of automatic doors, and the clap of highly expensive Italian leather against the dismal steel of the complex floors, a man looking to be in his mid thirties emerging. Those of you who have been around longer, will recognize him as the missions director, a man famed for his ruthless stance on.. well. The Institute's "Business" is just his specialty, and that's all he's really allowed to tell you.

As he walks forward he gives a brief, curt, nod to each of you before dialing up the display, the lights dimming again as if the people who controlled them were out to cause mild blindness to anyone in the room, before the display lights up. A holographic display bringing up a myriad of documents, photographs, and maps.. The unfortunate thing for those involved with this so far, is that the photo's are of body bags, burning buildings, and.. a single young adult male.

"Hello, I believe your all wondering what exactly your doing here. You've each been chosen for.. well you all know why you came to the institute, and what your good at. You've each been assigned to a team, it will be your goal to keep each other alive, and insure that whatever's trying to make it where your not alive.. Doesn't stay in the realm of the living long.
With that I believe we can move on to the briefing."

He then extended his hands, his fingers connecting with night invisible buttons , and sensors as he brought up the images, and the debriefing files, massive documents appearing out of thin air, a few images being cast aside, vanishing as they impact objects across the room before he brings up the image of a burnt out building.. similar to the one your in right now.

"This is our sister institute. The Eastern Division Headquarters of Arcuied, and as you can see.. It's not in the best shape. Last week communications ceased after they began experimentation with a new psychic amplification drug on a patient that was highly volatile. We, of course, warned them against such a course of action.. but the Eastern Division Director would not listen any warning, and went ahead with the experiment. Now, it's our job to clean it up. Your mission will be to extract any living employee's of the institute, and to find, and put down this man."

He dials a knob, the image of the young adult male dressed in something akin to scrubs, but with a small metal band around his head, and a rather soured expression on his face appearing again.

"Charles Murdok is.. was.. Our sister institutes best psychic candidate. He displayed great prowess in the area of precognition, and our sister institute was going to use this to predict.. well foreign attacks on American territory. However, the man's visions were unpredictable, and erratic. Which is why they were developed a new psychic amplification drug that would not only amplify his abilities, allowing him to see clearer and farther.. But they even claimed it could awaken the latent psychic abilities of candidates who would otherwise not develop physical phenomenon. As you can see."

As he paused his sentence he showed you several pictures of.. the last few teams that were sent in, bodies burnt down to skeletons, flesh stripped from bones, and a few gored through their intestines.

"The drug works a little too well, and has caused the subject to become violent. His abilities have extended beyond our ability to control, and now.. It's your mission to put him down. That's it for the briefing. Now load your gear, and prepare as you will. The team leaves in an hour for the eastern division headquarters."

The lights then turn back on to full display.. these people really must hate good eye health, and the mission's director leaves.. provided no one has any express concerns, leaving you each to prepare for the mission as you will.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-25, 01:19 AM
Cassie Jameson (http://i47.tinypic.com/fth6ww.jpg)

The buzzing was an irritation that just didn't seem like it's do away, something that the brunette woman just couldn't tolerate when she had been sleeping so peacefully. With a groan, the golden clawed appendage that was her left-arm groggily rolls her over unto her side. As per her request, the shelves in her room had been slung above her cot and it allowed her to store some...important pieces of herself there after performing nightly maintenance on them. First came what appeared to be, almost perfectly, to be a human arm that matches her skin tone perfectly though the socket where it would hook up to the shoulder shows steel, circuitry, and locking mechanisms as opposed to viscera and blood. Cassie sighs as she fits the 'arm' to the port built where her shoulder should be, closing her eyes as she twists and listens for the tell-tale click that signaled she needn't worry about it falling off.

In her half-awake mind, her 'real' hand slaps up on the shelf as she pushes herself up into a sitting position and knocks several tools for the maintenance of cybernetic limbs down unto the floor.

"Dammit..." she groans, finally grabbing hold of a slender ankle and pulling down an artificial leg next. Much more heavily modified then either of her arms, as was it's mate, there was much greater signifigance to attaching this newest limb as she flexes her toes experimentally.

Hmm...a bit slow to respond today. I need some coffee.

The next was fished down and clicked into the cyberport that caps what amounts to the half-a-thigh that is all that remains of her legs. Clothes came next, a tastefully sleek black suit set-up that actually manages to make Cassie look like she hadn't just woken up. And still that infernal buzzing! Grumbling aloud she rises to her feet and reaches underneath of her pillow and pulling out a truly...monstrously large handgun. Smiling fondly as her fingers ran over the engraved barrel, Cassie also paused when she met the happy smiling faces on the only photograph in her room. For a minute she just stares silently...and then she checks the safety on her beloved Armageddon, checks to make sure the revolver is fully loaded, and tucks it into the special holster on the back of her belt. Finally, a pair of round sunglasses were slipped unto her nose to protect her eyes from most glaring lights and she left.

...After laying a fond hand on the motivational poster that was hung up beside her door of the classic kitten hanging on a branch.

"Hang in there indeed..."

---

Despite her laborious morning regiment, Cassie actually made it to the debriefing room at a fairly fast clip, what with jogging through the halls instead of taking the leisurely pace her drowsy mind demanded. Though after all the others enter (and prompt the entrance of the officer in charge) the quick blast of light scatters any thoughts of sleep from her mind.

"Hey! I just woke up!" she complains plaintively, pushing her sunglasses further up as spots danced in front of her eyes, glaring at the man as she relaxes in her own chair.

"You think there will be a lot of survivors?" she mentions, looking thoughtful as the various images scrolled by...but when the picture of the 'target' flashed up...

Cassie came back to herself, sitting ramrod stiff in her chair with her breath catching in her throat. Despite every rationale thought telling her it wasn't real, she could feel the pain in her arms and legs again. In other places. The fear and anger. Her heart pounded in her chest, even as a quiet voice whispered in the back of her mind that it couldn't possibly end like last time. Cassie was different now, she was ready...right?

So...she smiled. A big plastic smile crept unto her face, eyes devoid of emotion as she takes stock of the others in the room, of which there was only one she recognized.

"So I guess we are working together on this, huh? Well...I'm Cassie. I'm a tough broad to put down and I pack a mean punch...I'm guessing that's why I was put on this mission." she says brightly, trying to make light of the situation.

Sucrose
2010-05-25, 01:31 AM
Tony Bianchi greeted the day with a muttered expletive, for the six hours the buzzer had permitted was not, he felt, quite adequate. He eventually clambered out of bed, and headed off to the shower facilities that he'd spotted on his way in. Upon his return, in his casual clothes for the day, he took a moment to clean an almost entirely unornamented longsword, a task to which he devoted his full concentration. He then slipped into one of his few formal suits, something perhaps more appropriate for the briefing. A quick check in the mirror, and he was off along the lit passageways.

He arrived just in time to get a decent seat in the back, after the initial flash.

During the meeting, he soaked in what information was provided, hands over his chest. He then began to look for a few connections between what was shown and his previous knowledge.

And then, finally, the team had the briefing room to themselves.
"Well, if we're doing introductions, I'm Tony Bianchi. I'm good with a sword, and I'm pretty good at patching up people who do stupid things. I know a bit about the occult."
Tony will think over his family's teachings for any psychics recorded in arcane lore, and what sorts of abilities they tended to have, in case there's something less than obvious to watch out for.

[roll0]

Dark_Prophet
2010-05-25, 02:31 AM
Spiral Onyx listens intently to first the missions director, then first Cassie and Tony eyes unblinking. After each of them he nods, and begins speaking, a low serene echoing sound following throughout the room.

"I am Spiral Onyx - one who studies the Tao, knows the Tao, and works within the Tao to make what right what is wrong and mend that which is broken. I shall mend within you what I cannot mend within myself" He holds up the white arm for a moment, before lowering it with a faint smile "that way we may perserve in our duty. As I shall work with Tony in mending all of you, I shall unmend those that stand in our way and rip at the disharmony within their hearts."

After this Onyx takes a pause of several seconds, closing his eyes, white metal left hand clasping over the darker right one, closing his eyes, intoning something akin to a chant - facing the missions director, but the words echoing over the rest of those present.

"Know the West shall meet the East and all that is wrong shall be made right. It is a pity indeed that the Eastern Branch only see that which the mind sends out rather then that which the mind sends in, but I trust that we shall find cause in the end to rejoice at what is found instead of merely basking in sorrow of what has been lost. And the Tao tells me that much shall be found." He adds the last, facing towards Cassie before returning to his original position.

Seemingly content with his speech(?), the tall, lean monk leans back, waiting, hands idly checking through the medkits, stimulants, and self-created mixtures within the inside pockets his blue silk robes, assessing what he requires as he takes stock of his companions reactions, looking towards the last member.

PhoeKun
2010-05-25, 11:49 AM
There would be at least one victim the alarm would fail to claim. When the insistent buzzing begins, the young woman referred to as 'Raven' is already sitting on the side of her little cot, her head in her hands. This had been a bad night, filled with awful dreams of... no. Don't repeat, don't let them back in. She stares blankly up at the wall, as if waiting for the alarm to explain itself.

It doesn't, of course. So after a long moment, she takes a deep breath and stands up. Almost immediately, she stumbles and has to brace herself against the wall to keep from collapsing. Her eyes widen in terror... is her body starting to reject the augmentations? No, calm down. It's impossible. This is an adjustment period, has to be. It has to be. Has to...

But she can't calm down. The implications keep racing through her head. That her body has reached its limit, that it wouldn't be safe to continue. That she would have to remain weak... no. NO! She slams her metal fist into the wall, the sound of the impact reverberating down the hallway. Her chest heaves from the strain of getting herself back under control. Everyone would be angry with her if she did anything here... she doesn't want that. One last deep breath. Slow steps to the black suit of body armor standing across from her on the opposite wall. One by one, she slides the pieces onto herself and locks them into place, covering herself from the neck down in ceramic plating and Kevlar. The modifications to it felt wonderful, blending seamlessly with the large pack on her back she could never remove. She picks up her flight helmet and gingerly cradles it under one arm before picking up the massive rifle in the corner with her free hand and heading off to the place the complex was leading her to.

--

At the briefing, Raven sits in a corner with her head held low so that her jet black hair falls forward and covers her face. She glances up every so often to see a slide, or to sneak a quick look at the others that had gathered here. She grinds her teeth through the various introductions, finally looking up long enough to give everyone a decent look at her extraordinarily pale face when its her turn. Her cold blue eyes seem to be trying to find something in each of them. Eventually, she lowers her head again.

"...

...Raven. Demolitions and special weapons."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-25, 02:16 PM
Cassie

The sunglass-wearing woman listens to each introduction, giving a polite nod of the head and a smile each time until it came about to the last person. Then a look of confusion briefly crosses her face.

"Hmm..Raven..Raven...Have we met before? You look really familiar to me." Cassie says off-hand, studying what could be seen of Raven's face intensely for a couple of moments before giving a shrug of her shoulders. It'd come to her eventually or it wouldn't, in either case she could simply learn all the details over again.

Huh, I didn't think anyone still learned how to use a sword in this day and age. You'd think he would have gotten shot up by now...and what the heck is a 'Tao'? Jeez...I hope that guy isn't a zealot, last thing I need is a religious nutjob trying to convert...Murdock to repent in mid fight.

The troubling thought was dismissed out of hand, even as Cassie thought back to what she might need for the mission at hand. Most of the stuff was loaded into her metal traveling case, all she had to do was grab it really...

"Any case...you lot have anything else to grab? I figure the sooner we can head out to Eastern HQ, the more survivors we might find. I'm mostly ready, just need to grab a case." she says off-hand, casually, as if this was not too big of a mission.

He'll pay goddammit...

Sucrose
2010-05-25, 03:58 PM
Tony grins, the pearly whites making a decent match for his platinum-blonde hair.

Well well. Already set to get into the action. I like this girl.

"Well, I can't fight in this. Gimme maybe ten minutes to change, pick up my sword, bow, and medkits, and I ought to be ready to move. Don't suppose anyone has any fireproof clothes?"

Everyone'll wear their heaviest armor anyway, no doubt; wish that were part of the family style.

The ever-welcome tingle of adrenaline runs down Tony's spine as he thinks back on the images of the corpses. His first mission with these guys, and he was already being thrust into a situation that several other teams had died in. Either they had a lot of faith in him, or he was expendable. Either way, there was a good chance he'd be dead by evening. Best part of life, worries like this...

PhoeKun
2010-05-26, 12:22 AM
"Met? ... Yes. I know your face. I..."

She trails of. Best not to risk saying more, in case her memories are faulty. Another institute member recognizing her by her preferred handle seems to much to hope for, after all. She slides the helmet on over her head and locks the breathing mask into place, every part of her body now completely obscured.

She hefts her rifle, raising it into a firing position for a moment before lowering it again. Tilts it to one side and slides a clip out. Flak rounds... she flips the gun over and pops out a second loaded clip. Penetration rounds... holds it vertically, and checks yet another round type, this one a large canister. She slides it back into place with a small nod. Lowering the rifle into a resting position, she keeps it secured in her left hand while she flexes the fingers of her right, opening and closing her fist several times.

"I'm ready to leave immediately." she deadpans. But it kind of raises the question of what she's doing walking around the base with a loaded assault rifle. Is the safety on, at least?

Fan
2010-05-27, 06:25 PM
The Pilot, a extremely lean Itallian man with excessively gel'd hair to the point where it looks more like he just slicks his hair with the resulting grease from not bathing rather than anything that might be considered "stylish", arrives in the room.

He gives the two women in the room a appraising glance before giving the two men a nod, and a soft smile to the group as a whole indicating a rather meek personality.

"So, everyone's ready to go right? Wouldn't want to leave without anyone over here."

His atrocious maiming of the English language aside, he waited for a response.. the unanimous response of "We're ready to go" in your various methods of speech (I'm looking at you Spiral Onyx. :smalltongue:).

Everyone is lead to the dismal steel grey, and yellow striped "air port" in the facility.. despite being underground. From the crawling people rushing back, and forth in order to complete the needed preparations. Air traffic controllers directed the various ins, and outs of the daily operations needed to clear a lane for you; then a small, sleek, scram jet rolls up, pulled by a truck crew.

The Italian man quickly moves up to the obsidian jet, rubbing it's side as a normal person would that of a beloved pet, or a lover.. before quickly turning away rather embarrassed by his adherence to such a trite cliche`. Wordlesslly, he then lets down the boarding ramp, gesturing for the passengers to enter the craft first.

Once everyone is seated, and (hopefully) seat belted in, the pilot's voice comes over the speaker broadcasting a warning to all in the passengers section..

"Now I hope you all have your seat belts on over there. Because this here is a scram jet, and once we get going, it's going to be a harsh ride on anyone who thinks they have the balls to take it without it, and I don't want anyone barfing on my seats."

That's all the warning anyone without their seat belts got, massive jet engines then roared to life, red hot engines erupting to life as the machine threw itself forward, fast approaching mach 1 as it took to the skies.

Sucrose
2010-05-27, 07:27 PM
By this point, Tony had gone back to his bunk, and returned in his work outfit: a set of jeans, a T-shirt, and a thick leather jacket. At his side, his longsword was sheathed, and his longbow was slung over his back. Each hand held a different set of medical implements. One was clearly an extensive first-aid kit, and the other, a small, black lacquered box in a more portable leather carrying case, contained numerous surgical implements, for those situations that even the best first aid couldn't fully remedy.

"Hell yeah! Let's get this show on the road!"

He travels toward the runway with a slowly growing smile on his face. He nods in appreciation at the scram jet, and climbs aboard when indicated. He sets his equipment in the appropriate compartment, save his sword, which remains strapped to his side. He then sits down and straps in, just before the plane leaps into the air. As it ascends, his head is thrown into his headrest, his face pulled into what looks like a grimace.

Yet, as he opens his mouth, the sight of the gleeful shine in his eyes makes it clear that there is something rather different than terror filling his mind. Though it's impossible to hear over the roar of the jets, and should be nigh-impossible with his chest being compressed into the seat like that, it's still perfectly obvious what is going on: Tony Bianchi is laughing.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-27, 09:32 PM
Cassie

Like the young woman had said, it hardly took her more then a minute or two to finish getting ready, briefly retreating back to her cubicle to fetch a somewhat large metal brief case before rejoining the others. Her 'human' hand pushes her sunglasses back up to where they were supposed to be, even as she hefts her case with the golden clawed hand.

"Alright, I'm all ready to go." she says with the same bright grin on her face and, perhaps for Tony, surprisingly still without any form of armor to her. Maybe she just relied on luck or some hidden form of defense to ward off the strikes of enemies. Instead she peers at Raven again from behind the protection of her shades, even as she lags behind the others towards the hangar.

My memory isn't that bad, I know I've seen her before. Did we go on a mission? No...I'd remember that. Oh well, I'll ask her when we get some R&R, otherwise this'll just keep bugging me.

For the most part though she casts a suspicious eye on the pilot but dutifully follows up to the plane and quickly stores her case up in one of the storage compartments before taking a seat. The seat in question was actually beside Spiral, her hands gripping the hand rest tightly (and scratching it up in the case of her left hand) as she took a deep calming breath.

"Hey, you were talking about the Tao and stuff. What does it say about a crazy pilot who's overly fond of his plane and the idiots who ride on it?" She says weakly, but also doesn't buckle herself in. It might be painful and nauseating (she bet it would be actually) but it'd be better then getting tied down to her seat too. Anything was better then that, being pinned to her seat was the same as death.

PhoeKun
2010-05-29, 12:38 PM
It's a little bit difficult to tell through the opaque, faceless mask that she's wearing, but Raven spends the entire rest of the time leading up to the plane boarding glaring at each member of the strike team in turn, her mind scrambling to form an impression of them in the short time she has to do so. Of course, the fact that they were allowed to walk in these halls says a lot about their trustworthiness, but there is so much more that needs to be known... and quickly. Mistakes can not afford to be made. Can't. Mustn't. She stores an image of each of them in the HUD in her visor.

Not only is Cassie the only one with even a semi-familiar face, she's the only member of the team that makes any sort of sense to Raven. Heavily modified, well armed. Not well armored... a death wish? Or something else? She moves on.

The one calling himself 'Spiral Onyx' is... an enigma. The way he speaks and carries himself feel very... old. Antiquated. And most perplexingly, completely unarmed. Unless there's something hidden in that arm. Possible? Unlikely. The personality doesn't match with that type of weapon. A mystic or a medic, then. Both things she would rather do without. She grimaces.

And Tony. Clearly insane. The sword is at least mildly understandable, but who the hell would carry a bow and arrows to a fight anymore? He smiles too much, too. And yet... not dead. More importantly, here. And that can only mean he knows something she does not. He's a wild card at every angle she can see him from. Nerve wracking. She swallows hard.

Once on the jet, Raven takes her seat in silence and once again lowers her head. She doesn't so much as look at the seat belt - even just glancing at it, all she can see is a shackle. The thought of actually tying herself down with it terrifies her like few others. Her heart starts to race, her breathing quickens. She clenches her fist tightly... to all outward appearances, she must seem incredibly nervous about the mission.

Dark_Prophet
2010-05-29, 03:57 PM
Onyx follows the others, buckling himself in and seeming to close his eyes and remaining silent despite the vibrations and thundering of the plane until Cassie's comment, speaking in a soft tone that is almost completely droned out by the vibrating of the plane. "Material attachment is the fixation of the mind - a illusion. In the end, as the Tao is all things, all things are the Tao and will return to and from it."

He reaches out, tapping the metal carapace with his white hand. "Just as this plane was once mined from the earth, it shall one day rust and return to it. All things play the role that they are given - Mr. Bianchi's enthusiasm for example-" The mystic gives a short nod across to the other medic, smiling a bit as his apparent enjoyment. "-serves as a inspiration to the energy and joy to all of us...

...while our Raven of steel-" His eyes shift over to the taciturn, faceless woman "-reminds us through discipline and detached observation that this is no mere joyride, that we are here to banish that which was not meant to be. These things we already know well, but their reminders to us shape and influence our inner selves and allow us to transcend such physical attachments if we choose to."

The dark man gives a wry smile back at Cassie, almost conspiratorially as his body rocks from a particularly intense burst of speed, holding up and cradling the white artificial arm. "Of course, hopefully some things shall be transcended later rather then sooner. Returning to the Tao is not always...desirable. Only so much of ourselves can be reminded of its true nature, after all, even by one with the Tao."

Sucrose
2010-05-29, 10:29 PM
Tony, having calmed down from the initial rush, nods amicably back toward Spiral Onyx. Seeing that Cassie and the Shaolin-type are already talking, he turns his attention to the last member of their little crew. He offers a wave, and a friendly smile, unaware of the distrust this expression has already created toward him.

"So, we never did get much of a chance to talk before we took off. What's your story? Whyd'ja decide to join this outfit?"

Dark_Prophet
2010-05-30, 02:25 AM
Onyx looks surprised, then smiles. "Myself? I am a follower of the Tao, although that you have surely ascertained. I was not always - once I wandered the streets of Neo Hong Kong as a urchin. I saw much of the world as it was - I had to, for my body was weak.

Only when a wise man came and showed me how little I truly knew, did I realize how much we had forgotten, that we had ceased to *know* ourselves. He took me home with him, and in the midst of the chaos, death and depravity that Neo Hong Kong is, taught me to know myself - to know the Tao - all sides of creation and destruction. I helped him as a apothecary and in doing so learned to heal - as you do, with medicine, with tools, but also how to drive the body to heal itself with a mere touch. He mentored me in his ancient style, for I was his chosen disciple to pass it on to - teaching me how to use the same knowledge to destroy. It is as light and dark, yin and yang - only with balance and understanding of both can we master and know ourselves.

After I had learned all he could teach me as his apprentice, I left on my own. The Tao was calling to me, telling me that I had a purpose elsewhere - and though it cost me this arm, I was found by those who were not looking for me, and all was made anew." Onyx hefts the white robotic appendage, flexing and unflexing the fingers, staring at them before lowering it and looking back Tony. "Thus, here I am where I must be, beside all of you. What of yourself? For as strange as a follower of the Tao in the institute is, a hospitaler of the new age, complete with healing arts and gleaming sword is just as curious."

PhoeKun
2010-05-30, 12:24 PM
The question causes Raven's head to shoot up like she had been electrified. She eyes Tony warily - now that he's asked the forbidden question, she has to wonder if he somehow snuck in here to hurt her. No. No, that's impossible. The smile and the voice are too different. He's an enigma, but not one of Them. As long as she's careful, it'll be ok to tell him at least the general version...

"..."

And then the Taoist man begins answering her question for her. She whips her head around to stare at him while he talks. Positive, absolutely positive that Tony had been asking her. She starts to grind her teeth while he prattles on even more than he already had. While Spiral Onyx offers insight into his past, Sashenka the Raven seethes. When he finally finishes, she slowly turns to face Tony again.

"Another time." she snarls.

Fan
2010-05-30, 03:20 PM
The scram jet roars along the hazy skies of western Illinois, making it's way through the various lanes of air traffic, breaking through the clouds at a break neck speed that left burning curtails of exhaust behind them from the powerful turbines that propelled it at speeds that were moving technically faster than any of you were capable of speaking.

Your conversation continues for what feels like hours before you hear the pilot announce through the rudimentary speaker system that the jet had, a crackling indicating that the speakers were active long before he spoke.

"Sorry bout' the wait. We're approaching the institute now, make sure everyone's buckled up over there, and I'll take her in ni- Oh ****!"

Warning sirens blared inside the passengers area, the small oxygen masks falling from the ceiling, and everyone feels themselves thrown against the wall as the pilot banks into a barrel roll, outside of Raven's window, any who happen to be looking will notice a missile whisking by scant inches from the glass, the fire from the back end of the rocket burning the glass black as it impacts the engine as visable from Tony's window, metal shearing away as the explosive blows the left engine turbine clear off the plane, and the entire construct begins to shake violently, through the chaos, the plane continues spiraling, making any who aren't buckled in suffer the unfortunate fate of being tossed around (make a reflex save.).. and any with good hearing will hear that the pilot is now swearing in a variety of languages, mixing freely between Italian, and English words for "****", "****", and "OhGodI'mGoingToDie".

Then, with a sound of shearing metal, anyone on the left side of the plane will notice that your considerably lower than anywhere you should be in a scram jet, and that a burned out building just took the planes left wing entirely off, and then. Impact. Your world shakes, and the plane crashes, safe air bags deploying from the seats, and fire filling the passengers compartment. Those of you who are conscious need to get out of here, and fast.

(Requiring a Fortitude, and Reflex Save.. Fortitude is to avoid blacking out due to sudden decompression of the chamber, and being exposed to Mach speeds of air. Fortitude against Unconsciousness, and Reflex against being tossed around.)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-31, 12:37 AM
Cassie

"What does he mean 'Oh ****!'?!" Cassie snaps out, just beginning to look up at the speakers in consternation when the ship abruptly was flung about. Most of her comrades were buckled in, it didn't affect them that badly, but Cassie...Cassie found herself flung about like a rag doll even as Raven stabbed a blade into the wall to brace herself.

The suited woman simply went limp, trusting to her claim of 'being a tough broad' to carry her through the situation even as the room began to loose it's pressure, and with it Cassie's consciousness.

Bollocks...

Getting rolls out of the way before posting actions...

Reflex Save vs. Unbuckled: [roll0]
Reflex Save vs. Jostling: [roll1]
Fort. Save vs. Unconsciousness: [roll2]

Sucrose
2010-05-31, 08:05 AM
Tony

Tony stares as the emergency measures come online. A slow grin creeps across his face during the barrel roll, and a maniacal cackle escapes his lips at the sight of the missile. It slows down momentarily as he observes the terror around him, but a moment afterward, he seems to lose this temporary restraint, and just roars like a drunken fool as the plane spirals downward.

"WOOOOOOOO!"

However, the sudden decompression grants the other occupants of the plane respite from their dealings with the madman, as he quickly falls unconscious.

[roll0]
[roll1]

PhoeKun
2010-05-31, 11:55 AM
Without the seat belt to chain her in place, Raven is sent sprawling to the ground as the jet begins to rock and spin desperately. Still clutching at her rifle with one hand, she scrambles to her knees and grabs hold of her seat, but is tossed away in a particularly violent barrel roll. She slams her stomach against the seat and is sprawled out once again on the floor of the plane.

There is no pain. The augmentations to her skeleton and musculature do their job and allow her to stay focused on the task at hand - namely securing herself. Amidst all the noise it's virtually impossible to hear the sudden "click", but anyone paying attention can clearly see the blade from a monosword suddenly slide out over her wrist. She leaps up off the ground with a loud cry, slamming the blade into the wall of the plane and bracing herself, settling into a wide stance. She strains under the intensity of the high g forces pressing against her body, stubbornly refusing to give in to them.

The impact of the crash nearly knocks her to the ground again, but this time her bracing holds. She takes several deep breaths, looking at the wreckage around her, at the fires threatening to consume everything, and at the members of the team who had blacked out. She turns her head and looks for any shears in the side of the plane that would be large enough to escape through, tearing one open herself if need be. With an escape secured, she grabs Tony and tosses him outside, following suit with Cassie soon after. Once everyone is outside, she grabs her unconscious teammates by the collar and dragging them further away from the wreck. They'd be awake soon, no doubt, but until they were she's stuck here. She stares at the crash site as anger wells up inside of her.

"Show yourself!!"

Reflex vs. lack of seat belt: 1d20+4 = 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2541952/)

Fort vs blackout: 1d20+10= 20

Reflex vs landing: 1d20+4 = 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2541821/)

Dark_Prophet
2010-06-02, 01:20 AM
Onyx tightens as the shockwave hits him, knocking him unconscious. "As everything comes to be unmade...the Tao will decide...." Despite this, miraculously his seat belt stays intact around his limp form, clutching at him protectively...only snapping off when Raven cuts it free, and drags his body from the flaming wreckage.

Ref v. Seatbelt [roll0]
Fort v. Blackout [roll1]
Ref v. Landing [roll2]

Not sure if any of those make it or not, so I'll leave Onyx vague. Sorry about the lateness - had some stuff messing me up out of my post mood.