PDA

View Full Version : Lizard-related stuff (3.5)

Balor01
2010-05-25, 02:35 AM
I am making a large encounter area for my campaign where PCs will meet lizards, trying to reestablish an old temple of Semuanya. Their goal is to make the surrounding forests into marshes and reinstitute rulership of yuan-ti to the land. Finally, they are doing it to gain more power trought lizard-related bonuses.

I was thinking of representing these bonuses trough specific cleric domain (sun, nature, etc), but am open for any and all suggestions of PrCs, feats, classes and alike, that could reflect this Lizard-ish nature of bad guys.

Chance is, PCs will even cooperate with them, because they are not good aligned.

Volthawk
2010-05-25, 10:07 AM
Savage Species is your friend. You have a reptilian template, so you can have lizardy orcs, for example. Also, there's a PrC in there, Scaled Horror, which is reptilian-only.

Kaiyanwang
2010-05-25, 10:33 AM
Take a look in Serpent Kingdom, FR splat. It's a book dedicated to everything is lizard-ish and serpent-ish.

Lot of races and feats.

Machiavellian
2010-05-25, 02:16 PM
I also suggest just browsing through the Monster Manuals. Look under Yuan-Ti and Lizardfolk

Greenish
2010-05-25, 02:19 PM
There's Scalykind Domain somewhere.

hamishspence
2010-05-25, 02:21 PM
Races of Faerun has a little about lizardfolk culture (and yuan-ti, but Serpent Kingdoms does the yuan-ti better.)

Maybe the head lizardfolk could be a spellcaster- and call himself The Wizard Lizard (or possibly The Lizard Wizard)?

Machiavellian
Races of Faerun has a little about lizardfolk culture (and yuan-ti, but Serpent Kingdoms does the yuan-ti better.)

Maybe the head lizardfolk could be a spellcaster- and call himself The Wizard Lizard (or possibly The Lizard Wizard)?

also consider Kremlins from DK

Volthawk
There's Scalykind Domain somewhere.

Spell Compendium.

Jair Barik
2010-05-25, 02:33 PM
I generally just go for Poisondusk for small lizardfolk, Lazardmen for mediums and blackscales for large ones. MM3 is your firend (also has centaur lizards)

Balor01
2010-05-26, 02:18 AM
Tnx for all the suggestions. Thing here is, these lizards will be very low lvl (lvl2 or 4) and I am thinking of something like "you are now cult member, drink this and, since you are a lizard, you get X".

X being some lizard-related bonus, similar to bonuses all Tanar'ri get. But DR 2/- or fire immunity hardy represent "lizard-related bonus".

I am looking for a small, yet scaly boon. Something that would annoy my PCs when fighting these lizards :smallbiggrin:

candycorn
2010-05-26, 06:25 AM
Natural Armor? A bite attack?

ooh! what about letting them climb up walls?

Balor01
2010-05-26, 07:19 AM
Spiderclimb at-will. Not a bad idea.

Thurbane
2010-05-26, 07:56 AM
Copper Dragon Shaman (3rd) gets Spider Climb (self only) at will...

Warlock can get it as 1st level (Spiderwalk invocation).