PDA

View Full Version : Reducing spell failure chances [3.5]

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 01:57 PM
I already know about the spellsword, but is there any way that I can reduce a spell failure chance by 5% with a feat?
-Xavez

EvilJoe15
2010-05-25, 02:00 PM
Why would you spend a feat?

Get +X Twilight Fayforged Mythril Full-plate with Thistledown padding.

Eldariel
2010-05-25, 02:01 PM
I already know about the spellsword, but is there any way that I can reduce a spell failure chance by 5% with a feat?
-Xavez

No, but you can get a Githcraft or Feycraft [DMGII] version of the armor (they're basically templates, enhancing the core item non-magically) for 5% reduction. Also, Twilight - a +1 magic armor property - reduces it by 10%.

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 02:02 PM
Well, you see, I'm in a commoner campaign... This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153665) one to be precise.
-Xavez

Machiavellian
2010-05-25, 02:03 PM
There was a feat I saw that reduces ASF by 10%, but cannopt remember where I found it

Greenish
2010-05-25, 02:04 PM
Battle Caster from Comp. Arcane allows you to ignore ASF in one step heavier armour, but it requires you to already be able to ignore it in light (or medium) armour.

Also, why didn't you just make one thread for all the questions?

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 02:06 PM
Battle Caster from Comp. Arcane allows you to ignore ASF in one step heavier armour, but it requires you to already be able to ignore it in light (or medium) armour.

Also, why didn't you just make one thread for all the questions?

First: I think I might take Battle Caster then. Thank you.

Second: I wasn't thinking when I made the threads.
-Xavez

Optimystik
2010-05-25, 02:09 PM
I'm confused. If you're all commoners, where is the magic coming from?

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-25, 02:10 PM

I'm going through adept to sorcerer at higher levels. We retrain our levels as we go along.
-Xavez

Machiavellian
2010-05-25, 02:11 PM

Bob, the Ultimate Wizard?

Chicken-Infested Commoner 20//Evoker 5/Arcane Avatar 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 1/Red Wizard of Thay 4/Archmage 5

Greenish
2010-05-25, 02:13 PM
I'm confused. If you're all commoners, where is the magic coming from?They start as commoners, then multiclass as other NPC classes, then finally start replacing their NPC class levels with PC class levels. The quotes in my signature are from the relevant thread.

Milskidasith
2010-05-25, 02:20 PM
I'm honestly doubting this kind of campaign will last long enough for them to get their PC levels; it has an absurd number of players and it's an online campaigned, which usually die.

I wish you guys the best, but... long term planning doesn't seem too useful in an online campaign when A: you have at least a week of IRL time to build every level and B: the chances of gaining more than a few levels is slim.

Loxagn
2010-05-25, 02:34 PM
Pale Master eventually gets ASF reduced by 20% for any type of armor- light, medium, and heavy- but it has to be Undead Armor. It requires a hefty level investment, though, which you may not want.

Optimystik
2010-05-25, 02:46 PM
I'm going through adept to sorcerer at higher levels. We retrain our levels as we go along.
-Xavez

In that case, retrain to Bard/Sublime Chord and you get sorcerer casting in light armor, then grab the feat Greenish mentioned to make it medium armor.