PDA

View Full Version : TWF question

Havriel
2010-05-25, 03:53 PM
Is there any way to get twf feat without having 15 dex or dipping in ranger. And if there is , which is the fastest?

Yorrin
2010-05-25, 04:02 PM
Streetfighter Barbarian here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a)

EDIT: Or not. Hold on, there's a barbarian variant somewhere that has it...

gbprime
2010-05-25, 04:11 PM
Is there any way to get twf feat without having 15 dex or dipping in ranger. And if there is , which is the fastest?

I'm pretty sure the only way to ignore the Dex requirement is to get the Ranger's Combat Style progression.

Yorrin
2010-05-25, 04:19 PM
Streetfighter Barbarian here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a)

EDIT: Or not. Hold on, there's a barbarian variant somewhere that has it...

Found it. Dragon 349- City Brawler Barbarian: you give up medium armor, shields, and martial weapon proficiency for Unarmed Strike and Two-Weapon Fighting that can only be used with unarmed strikes, as well as a reduction of the penalty for improvised weapons from -4 to -2. At level six you get Improved Two Weapon Fighting with your unarmed.

Prime32
2010-05-25, 04:20 PM
Is there any way to get twf feat without having 15 dex or dipping in ranger. And if there is , which is the fastest?Gloves of the Balanced Hand (Magic Item Compendium) grant TWF or upgrade it to the next feat in the chain.

CW Samurai also grants TWF, but later than ranger and it's a terrible class in general.

Applying the two-headed template (Savage Species) will give you Perfect Multiweapon Fighting.

I think I saw an ability somewhere which let you take TWF feats without the Dex requirement (possibly replaced with a Str requirement). Maybe it was that bug race in Dragon Compendium.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-25, 04:57 PM
Found it. Dragon 349- City Brawler Barbarian: you give up medium armor, shields, and martial weapon proficiency for Unarmed Strike and Two-Weapon Fighting that can only be used with unarmed strikes, as well as a reduction of the penalty for improvised weapons from -4 to -2. At level six you get Improved Two Weapon Fighting with your unarmed.

...Why couldn't it just say "flurry of blows"?

tyckspoon
2010-05-25, 05:05 PM
I think I saw an ability somewhere which let you take TWF feats without the Dex requirement (possibly replaced with a Str requirement). Maybe it was that bug race in Dragon Compendium.

Diopsids, yes. They also have two lesser arms, which don't allow them to quad-wield but do allow them to dual-wield two-handed weapons (or dual-wield a pair of double-ended weapons, I guess, but that's just silly. :smalltongue:) Unfortunately they are also LA+1, IIRC, and take some other annoying penalties in return beyond just being freaky bugmen.

Saint GoH
2010-05-25, 05:34 PM
There is a Barbarian Variant on the SRD found here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#barbarian), it technically gains favored enemy and ARCHERY combat style, but I argued for a TWF style... but thats between you and yer DM. Either way its a 2 lvl dip.