PDA

View Full Version : Warlock E6 Capstone Feats

Bago!!!
2010-05-25, 05:56 PM
Alright, so while looking through the forums I found an alternative to the normal leveling system known as E6. For those who don't know the system, E6 takes the leveling system and just stops at level 6. Rather than gain further levels in any class, you gain a feat every 5000 exp.

If you go full out in a class, without taking any other levels or taking prestidge feats (Basically, PrC class features, such as the assassin's death attack, become feats), you gain access to these feats called Capstone feats. These capstone feats add to the class, improving some of the things, such as a barbarian's damage reduction or their rage. I have taken a liking to the system but I have noticed that throughout my web surfing, there aren't any for my favorite class. The Warlock.

So I am here wondering what everyone thinks a warlock's capstone feats would be. I have ideas but nothing definate and I would appreciate everyone to share their own ideas.

Here are the Capstone feat limitations and some of the feats for the basic classes as a starting point.
Capstone feats
- May only be taken with Epic feats
- You may not take a Capstone feat if you have taken a Prestige feat
- You must have all 6 levels of the appropriate class to take the feat
- You must be 6th level +5 feats to take Veteran feats and you must have the base Capstone feat for the class
- You must be 6th level +10 feats to take Heroic feats and you must have a Veteran feat
- You must be 6th level +15 feats to take Legendary feats and you must have a Heroic feat

BARBARIAN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain DR 1/--

VETERAN BARBARIAN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain the Greater Rage special ability.

HEROIC BARBARIAN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain 1 more point of Damage Reduction.

LEGENDARY BARBARIAN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain the Tireless Rage special ability.

BARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: The bonus granted by your Inspire Courage ability increases to +2.

VETERAN BARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day increase to 3/3/2/0 and you learn 1 3rd level spell.

HEROIC BARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: If you have 9 ranks in Perform you gain (and can use) the Inspire Greatness Special Ability.

LEGENDARY BARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day increase to 3/3/3/1 and you learn 1 3rd level spell.

CLERIC [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You can cast either Cure Critical Wounds 1/day if you spontaneously cast Cure spells or Inflict Critical Wounds 1/day if you spontaneously cast Inflict spells.

VETERAN CLERIC [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain an additional domain chosen as normal from your deity's domain list.

HEROIC CLERIC [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You Turn or Rebuke undead as though you were 2 levels higher.

LEGENDARY CLERIC [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You may prepare one 4th level Domain Spell each day.

DRUID [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You may cast Summon Nature's Ally IV 1/day.

VETERAN DRUID [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You are treated as being 2 levels higher for the purpose of choosing an Animal Companion.

HEROIC DRUID [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain immunity to all mundane diseases and poisons.

LEGENDARY DRUID [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Choose 1 large animal. You may wild shape into that animal.

FIGHTER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain access to additional feats (see Epic feats).
Special: You may select a Fighter feat after this one for free.

VETERAN FIGHTER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your saving throws increase to +6/+3/+3.

HEROIC FIGHTER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all damage rolls you make using weapons you are proficient with.

LEGENDARY FIGHTER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your saving throws increase to +8/+4/+4

MONK [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You use Flurry of Blows with no penalty to your attack bonus and your unarmed damage increases to 1d10.

VETERAN MONK [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain the Greater Flurry of Blows Special Ability.

HEROIC MONK [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain the Diamond Body special ability and your unarmed damage increases to 2d6.

LEGENDARY MONK [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: As a move action you can teleport a number of feet equal to 10 times your Wisdom Bonus (minimum 10) 3/day. This is a supernatural ability.

PALADIN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your melee attacks ignore the first 5 points of damage reduction against evil aligned creatures unless the damage reduction cannot be overcome by any weapon (eg: XX/--).

VETERAN PALADIN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day are now 1/0.

HEROIC PALADIN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your melee attacks ignore the damage reduction of evil aligned creatures unless the damage reduction cannot be overcome by any weapon (eg: XX/--)

LEGENDARY PALADIN [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day are now 2/1.

RANGER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain the Woodland Stride and Swift Tracker class abilities.

VETERAN RANGER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day are now 1/0.

HEROIC RANGER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain a 3rd Favoured Enemy and may apply a further +2 bonus to one of your existing Favoured Enemies or the one just selected.

LEGENDARY RANGER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Your spells per day are now 2/1.

ROGUE [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You learn one rogue special ability.

VETERAN ROGUE [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Sneak Attack +1d6.

HEROIC ROGUE [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You learn one rogue special ability.

LEGENDARY ROGUE [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Sneak Attack +1d6.

SORCERER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain an additional spell known at any level.

VETERAN SORCERER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You may apply metamagic feats to your spells without increasing the casting times.

HEROIC SORCERER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You gain an additional spell known at any level.

LEGENDARY SORCERER [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You may apply any metamagic feat to a spell for free 1/day.

WIZARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: Choose a metamagic feat. You may prepare one spell per day with the feat while raising the spell level slot by 2 less than normal. If the feat only raises the spell slot by one level normally, you may prepare 2 spells per day in this way instead. For example: a quickened 1st level spell would require a 3rd level spell slot and an empowered 2nd level spell would still use the 2nd level spell slot.

VETERAN WIZARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You count as being caster level 8th for the purpose of meeting prerequisites for crafting magic items.

HEROIC WIZARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You may choose another metamagic feat to be used in the same way as the Wizard Capstone feat. You may also prepare more spells per day in this way. You can prepare up to 2 additional "levels" of metamagic for free. For example: If you chose extend spell and quicken spell you may prepare one spell for free with quicken spell or 2 spells with extend spell for free and 1 spell 2 slots higher as a quickened spell.

LEGENDARY WIZARD [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: You count as being caster level 10th for the purpose of meeting prerequisites for crafting magic items.

Some of my ideas are increasing their Damage Reduction, increasing their caster level concerning their eldritch blast and invocations, giving them resistance, giving them another lesser invocation or two and giving them a greater invocation 1/day (this last one I am not sure about. Seems a bit too powerful concerning some of the other things.

Bago!!!
2010-05-30, 01:18 PM
Bump.

Wow, nothing? Nadda?

Death Monkee
2010-05-30, 03:49 PM
Interesting.....I like where your coming from.

The lesser evocations thing seems like a good idea.
Have you considered creating creating new Capstone Invocations?
For example say....Hexen-Wolf Form? Stats of inflicted were-wolf except you use caster level checks instead of Control Self?

Or how about Eldritch Construct? Channel eldritch blast into a being of energy who fights for you. Use the Astral Construct psionic power, and say reduce your effective damage for eldritch blast by 1d6 per say....2 HD.