PDA

View Full Version : Largest dungeon build

Escheton
2010-05-26, 10:20 AM
After reading some other threads my party will probably run the worlds largest dungeon in between player generated campaigns.
We will throw in some moma 2,3,4,5 fiend folio etc critters in to make it hard and fun.

I am thinking of making a unstoppable warrior as a char for it.

Human barb with the feats toughness, trollblooded, extend rage and extra rage. 2 flaws I havent thought off yet and a trait as well.
I want to homebrew one of them so a crit miss has a chance of severing a limb or similar. Called reckless abandon or something like it.

Will take 2 lvls of barb and warlock (devils sight, spiderwalk), then a lvl of warblade.
Then I'm stumped at the moment. Any ideas?

Prodan
2010-05-26, 10:57 AM
Don't dip into warlock. Don't take Toughness.

See if you can get the Spirit Lion Totem ACF in for Pounce, and the Wolf Totem ACF in for Improved Trip.

The Trap Killer ACF trades Trapsense for the ability to find traps with survival and disable with an attack roll.

Multiclass into Warblade at some point, or stay in Barbarian.

Barbarian 4/Fighter2/Fist of the Forest 3/Bear Warrior7/Warshaper4 is a good build. I think it's the Kung Fu Panda build, actually.

Escheton
2010-05-26, 11:00 AM
need toughness for trollblood. Want regen 1.
devils sight, and spiderwalk are incredibly usefull.
Already have a tripbuild now, don't want another one.
Warshaper might be an idea though.

Amphetryon
2010-05-26, 11:01 AM
Warlock works well in the unique environment of WLD.

Dragon Shaman, Dragonfire Adept, and the Magic of Incarnum classes also shine there.

Improved Toughness is better than Toughness and as a Barb you should automatically qualify.

House rules for severed limbs are a significant deviation from standard D&D. A full listing of applicable house rules would be quite helpful in providing useful advice.

Escheton
2010-05-26, 11:04 AM
It's mainly because he can just regrow it or reattach it due to regeneration.
Figured it would be fun to houserule a flaw in that showcases his feelings of immortality and the downside of that. Only houserule really, if I can get it through at all.
Improved toughness is indeed better, but I'm not sure how that works for prereqs for other feats. Think it works, if it does I will.

Irreverent Fool
2010-05-26, 12:58 PM
It's mainly because he can just regrow it or reattach it due to regeneration.
Figured it would be fun to houserule a flaw in that showcases his feelings of immortality and the downside of that. Only houserule really, if I can get it through at all.
Improved toughness is indeed better, but I'm not sure how that works for prereqs for other feats. Think it works, if it does I will.

I'm pretty sure it counts as toughness and if it doesn't, it's a pretty easy argument to make, especially if you're already using houserules and homebrews.