PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom with a Large Party

Birstel
2010-05-26, 12:58 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had to adapt modules to deal with a large number of PCs. I game with a group of military folks, so as people move to the base we just invite them in and keep on gaming. Unfortunately I now have a group of 11 PCs to DM! I've usually just thrown more creatures at them, or gone for a little higher CR then most, but I really want to run Red Hand of Doom and am not sure what to do with it other than adding a few levels onto everything. My group right now is 8 level 5s and 3 level 4s (we've had a few deaths), but everyone will probably gain a level in the story I'm finishing now before I start.

Thanks!

Prodan
2010-05-26, 01:06 PM
Split the party up into two separate gaming groups.

Birstel
2010-05-26, 01:09 PM
We thought about that, but I'm the only one that's really willing to DM D&D, and I don't have enough spare time to do more than one night a week, which is what we play now. I alternate with another guy that does Shadowrun, so at least I get a couple weeks to plan between sessions, and I get to play a game.

Prodan
2010-05-26, 01:12 PM
If you ran one group one week and another the second, you'd probably get about as much done as if you ran the entire group on a weekly basis.

Draz74
2010-05-26, 01:14 PM
If you ran one group one week and another the second, you'd probably get about as much done as if you ran the entire group on a weekly basis.

Probably more.

Birstel
2010-05-26, 01:33 PM
Good point, I might bring that up tonight.