PDA

View Full Version : Has she chosen a class already?

Telonius
2010-05-26, 01:51 PM
So far this week, my 9-month-old daughter has ...

- Successfully opened a child-saftey-locked cabinet.
- Wriggled free from multiple attempts to grapple her into a pair of pants.
- Located several dangerous traps, and sent the big people ahead to set them off.
- Stolen a spoon from a restaurant, unbeknownst to wife and me. (Apparently she tossed it in the diaper bag when we weren't looking).
- Made some "music conducting" motions after watching my wife do the same.

Yep, it's looking like I've got a little Rogue. :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2010-05-26, 02:03 PM
At level 1? :smalleek:

That'll make it tough to hide candy at home later on.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 02:07 PM
Better than having a baby Sorcerer for a little sister. Trust me (she managed to create both fire and acid by age 2).

Congrats on the little Rogue.

Force
2010-05-26, 02:09 PM
Step 1: Acquire a chest/cabinet/safe with a DC30-40 lock. Place the safe in a secluded part of the house.
Step 2: Give child lockpicks.
Step 3: Tell her seriously that there is something inside the safe that is very dangerous and that she can't have.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Peace and quiet! (Profit comes after she optimizes to open the lock and begins a career in safecracking)

IonDragon
2010-05-26, 02:24 PM
Child safe actually means 'parent safe'. When I was 8 or so my mom used to have me open medicine bottles for her because she could never get them to work. Although, I was a strange child. I once asked for child safety locks on the cupboards I knew had cleaners and things in them and was told "No, you already know not to go in there."

That said, I fully advocate Force's post.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 02:37 PM

Wouldn't that make her a bard?

Leecros
2010-05-26, 02:37 PM
Child safe actually means 'parent safe'. When I was 8 or so my mom used to have me open medicine bottles for her because she could never get them to work. Although, I was a strange child. I once asked for child safety locks on the cupboards I knew had cleaners and things in them and was told "No, you already know not to go in there."

That said, I fully advocate Force's post.

sounds like what happened to me when i was young. The day after we learned stuff like that in school i went home and checked for bad stuff for me to drink and i asked for my parents to put safety locks on the doors.

Same reply too, i guess that's how you know you were raised right...

Pheehelm
2010-05-26, 02:38 PM
Located several dangerous traps, and sent the big people ahead to set them off.I'm trying to figure out what this entails, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Any sign that she knows she has sneak attack yet?

Wouldn't that make her a bard?Rogues also get Perform as a class skill.

Telonius
2010-05-26, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to figure out what this entails, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Found two electrical outlets that didn't have covers on them yet. Seriously, you'd have thought they'd be safe behind the frickin' couch, but no... Also somehow managed to get the curtain cords down from above the curtain. (Don't even ask me how she did that, I'm probably better off not knowing).

As far as sneak attack goes, she's given both of us some good throat punches and kicks. Those seemed more like accidents at the time, but now I'm not so sure.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 03:11 PM
Rogues also get Perform as a class skill.

But it's more important for bards due to many of their class abilities.

Telonius
2010-05-26, 03:14 PM
Yeah, but Bards don't get trapfinding, and Perform ruled out Ninja and Beguiler.

Starscream
2010-05-26, 03:19 PM
You'll know she has hit level two and gained evasion when you start feeding her and none of it ends up in her mouth.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 03:20 PM
Yeah, but Bards don't get trapfinding, and Perform ruled out Ninja and Beguiler.

I won't be convinced until she sneak attacks someone.

Castaras
2010-05-26, 03:58 PM
Child safe? HAH.

When I was a little girl I saw mummy feeding the Biiiiiiig fish tank. I wanted to feed the little fishies that went swim swim swim. I saw that mummy had a biiiig tub of things in them which she scattered a few to the fishies. So I ran and got a biiiig tub of things. I got to the fishies, but couldn't remember how much of the tub to give them. So I opened it and tipped it all in.

Turned out the tub was asprin. :smalleek:

ApeofLight
2010-05-26, 04:16 PM
I used to pull out the safety plugs in the outlet sockets when I was a kid. Then I would get out the egg beaters and would play with it. I think I was around 2 or three.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 05:06 PM
I spent most of my childhood hunting bunnies to get an animal companion. Never caught one which is why I multiclasses to barbarian.

Blue Ghost
2010-05-26, 05:14 PM
My career as a wizard started as early as age 2 or 3, when I got my parents to buy me a giant set of encyclopedias. First ranks were in Knowledge (Geography), though I've retrained all of them already.

Alarra
2010-05-26, 05:43 PM

Hey....you have a 9 month old. We have a 9 month old. We live not too far from each other. We should have play dates! :smallbiggrin:

Our 9-month-old is clearly a fighter (or some other class that's really freaking strong). The other day he lifted a 6-month-old off the ground.

He's constantly managing to wrestle toys away from his 3-year-old nephew and has nearly broken his father's nose (with his head) on more occasions than I care to count. It also takes two people to change his diaper half the time because you need one person just holding him down.

DemonicAngel
2010-05-26, 05:47 PM
Hey....you have a 9 month old. We have a 9 month old. We live not too far from each other. We should have play dates! :smallbiggrin:

Our 9-month-old is clearly a fighter (or some other class that's really freaking strong). The other day he lifted a 6-month-old off the ground.

He's constantly managing to wrestle toys away from his 3-year-old nephew and has nearly broken his father's nose (with his head) on more occasions than I care to count. It also takes two people to change his diaper half the time because you need one person just holding him down.

Doesn't that make him a monk? y'know, getting out of bonds and unarmed striking... (or head butting, as the case may be)

Cobalt
2010-05-26, 06:07 PM
You know... Looking back at my childhood, I probably would have been well suited at being a DM. In control of the storykinda and fairsorta to the players of whatever we were doing. For some reason I often ended up in charge of what we did for the afternoon.

Mando Knight
2010-05-26, 06:11 PM
Doesn't that make him a monk? y'know, getting out of bonds and unarmed striking... (or head butting, as the case may be)

Yeah, I think someone good enough at baby-fu to do things like that is a competent-monk in-the-making. He might require extensive martial arts training soon so he has the discipline to use his powers wisely...

Lycan 01
2010-05-26, 06:47 PM
Oh wow. Be careful taking her into stores. I've heard tales of even non-sneaky kids swiping candy, toys, and even jewelry. :smallconfused:

Even as a child, I showed signs of being a Bard. Thirst for knowledge, ability to tell stories, ungodly charisma... :smalleek:

At 5, I was flipping through encyclopedias for fun, reading about history and legends and cool things like pirates. I'd also watch the History Channel with my grandfather, who would tell me awesome stories and amazing tales. My love of history, adventure, and legends was born...
In 2nd Grade, I (inadvertently) convinced a kid to hang himself on the playground. Then I went and got the teachers, who stopped him as he was making a noose with some rope by the monkey bars. And somehow they never knew I was involved...
3rd and 4th grade saw me writing short stories in class, telling crazy tales, and otherwise spinning more yarns than I should have been able to. Short stories I wrote for class ended up on the Headmistress' desk, and even she was impressed.
5-6th grade, I got my whole class to play War on the playground almost every day. Some days it was Civil War, other days World War 2, occasionally a generic conflict. These weren't five or six kids pointing fingers and saying bang. This was 30+ children split down the middle, gesturing grenade throws into the wooden forts where another team had set up a pretend machine gun nest. We even took prisoners. Heck, we tortured 'em. And me? I was the one who started it. I decided what "game" we played every day at reccess. And I held permanent command of one side, the little silver-tongued devil I was. :smallcool: Well, except for the days I was trying to dig to China... :smallconfused:

Man, I was a messed up kid. >.<

Plus, now I'm a History/Creative Writing major. :smalltongue:

Mercenary Pen
2010-05-26, 07:00 PM
Even as a child, I showed signs of being a Bard. Thirst for knowledge, ability to tell stories, ungodly charisma... :smalleek:
*snip*

Thanks for the circumstance modifier against future diplomancy attempts. I've only got a couple of hit dice of Expert to my name, so I need all the help I can get.

CactusFantastic
2010-05-26, 07:04 PM
hahaha thats funny

Tyrandar
2010-05-26, 07:24 PM
Surely your baby isn't like this one. :smallamused:

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129156181078764106.jpg

Alarra
2010-05-26, 09:49 PM
My baby has that shirt.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-27, 01:13 AM
I spent most of my childhood hunting bunnies to get an animal companion. Never caught one which is why I multiclasses to barbarian.Lucky you. I had to dual class. :smallcool:

As to Pudding Troll being a monk, a fighter, or something else, all we currently know is that he's strong as hell and at least has Unarmed Strike as a feat. I strongly suspect he's going to pick up Improvised Weapon soon too. He's practicing already, though he's not quite as good at it yet.

There are also signs that he might be a Barbarian. I swear to Gary that kid does extra damage when he's pissed and he can be a challenge to calm down once he "rages". :smalltongue:

Lioness
2010-05-27, 01:33 AM
I wanted to be a ranger, but mum wouldn't let me until I was older.

So, uh, love of books? Wizard? Multiclassed into monk when I was 8. Multiclassed again into Ranger when I was 14.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 02:04 AM
I think (as much as it pains me) that my little brother would be classed as a Bard, because he is a master of the "look how sweet and innocent I am, let me off" gambit, which unfortunately requires a great deal of charisma to pull off repeatedly.

You can get ranks in Perform (Xbox), right?

IonDragon
2010-05-27, 02:12 AM
I think (as much as it pains me) that my little brother would be classed as a Bard, because he is a master of the "look how sweet and innocent I am, let me off"

Or social skills Rogue.

rakkoon
2010-05-27, 02:14 AM
Has she eaten food that grows near Unseen University? That would explain a lot.

Delta
2010-05-27, 02:26 AM
I fear that pretty much rules out "You're grounded" as a punishment later on. I mean, how're you gonna hold her in? :smallwink:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 08:43 AM
I fear that pretty much rules out "You're grounded" as a punishment later on. I mean, how're you gonna hold her in? :smallwink:

Forcecage and hope she can't use UMD.

Telonius
2010-05-27, 09:11 AM

Now all we need is a Wizard and a Cleric, and they're set! :smallbiggrin:

Runestar
2010-05-27, 09:23 AM
Forcecage and hope she can't use UMD.

Can be squeezed through with a high enough escape artist check, IIRC.

Now all we need is a Wizard and a Cleric, and they're set!

How does one identify the signs of a prospective cleric in a baby? :smalltongue:

Delta
2010-05-27, 09:54 AM
He's constantly managing to wrestle toys away from his 3-year-old nephew and has nearly broken his father's nose (with his head) on more occasions than I care to count.

Am I the only one who is thinking of an incredibly cute "Head Butt Sneak Attack!" demotivational when reading this? :smallbiggrin:

Thelas
2010-05-27, 11:16 AM
How does one identify the signs of a prospective cleric in a baby? :smalltongue:
The ones that stop the others from running out onto the road? (WIS).
The ones that... meditate or something?
The ones that aren't any of the other classes? I like that one.

Telonius
2010-05-27, 11:27 AM
Hmm ... Maybe ... not afraid of ghosts? Turn undead, and all.

The Glyphstone
2010-05-27, 11:32 AM

Sounds like Barbarian to me, with Rage augmenting his strength.

skywalker
2010-05-27, 03:50 PM

No need to insult Zeb and 'Larra by suggesting their young one made such a suboptimal choice!!!

Mathis
2010-05-27, 04:32 PM
I'm one of the few that started out as a barbarian when I was a baby up until the age of 8 or so-ish, then turned lawful and became a monk. Now I spend my level-ups on NPC class-levels such as Expert. Sub-optimal sure, but pretty useful in our modern-day lives!

Temotei
2010-05-27, 04:42 PM
No need to insult Zeb and 'Larra by suggesting their young one made such a suboptimal choice!!!

Tashalatora and psychic warrior with a nice small mix of monk? :smalltongue:

My brother is a barbarian with Two-Weapon Fighting.

I have Dodge and Weapon Finesse. I think I'm a bard or rogue, although I show signs of high hit points as well. That throws it off a bit, unless I have pretty good Constitution (I suppose that wouldn't surprise me.).

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 04:57 PM
Tashalatora and psychic warrior with a nice small mix of monk? :smalltongue:

My brother is a barbarian with Two-Weapon Fighting.

I have Dodge and Weapon Finesse. I think I'm a bard or rogue, although I show signs of high hit points as well. That throws it off a bit, unless I have pretty good Constitution (I suppose that wouldn't surprise me.).

Swashbuckler perhaps?

Temotei
2010-05-27, 05:05 PM
Swashbuckler perhaps?

That's...actually quite fitting. Nice. That's perfect. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I love pirates, too. I should be a pirate for Halloween again. Or maybe Jack, the Pumpkin King! :smallbiggrin:

Being a swashbuckler frees another feat slot. I probably have some fluff feat like Endurance or Run. Or maybe something Charisma-related.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 05:37 PM
Glad I could help.

Has the OP's baby demonstrated Evasion yet?

2010-05-27, 05:42 PM
ooh already class levels? thats good; if shes smart she will consider prestige classes by age 5 or 6.
hide in plain sight is cool but not really useful until your 10 or 15 and honestly bonuses against poison arent worth as much as you might think. spells are nice in theory though; assuming you can use them in this system; ive never paid much attention.

Mando Knight
2010-05-27, 05:46 PM

It's not bad for a 1st-level dip: nice skills, good abilities, Wis to AC... it's an OK dip for guys like Sorcerers or something that are otherwise restricted in their armor selection.

2010-05-27, 05:50 PM
and IRL a couple levels to not break things when you end up without anything to stand on for twenty or thirty feet is always nice.

The Anarresti
2010-05-27, 06:11 PM
My brother is undeniably a bard. Musical prodigy, excellent student, amazingly popular and sincerely charming.
Me, I'd like to say druid, but I'm probably actually a first level expert (but approaching a level up, hopefully I'll get a quest bonus for finishing the school year):
Class Skills:
Autohypnosis, Concentration, Climb, Decipher Script, Knowledge(History), Knowledge(Religion), Knowledge(Nature), Perform(Act), Survival, Swim

I've also got some cross-class ranks in Heal (Lifeguard FTW!).

Feats: Endurance and Skill Focus: Knowledge(History).
I like to stat out my family in my spare time...

Salbazier
2010-05-27, 08:45 PM
I definitely start as wizard in my childhood. Reclusive, love of books, dump str and all.

Eon
2010-05-27, 09:40 PM
:smallsmile: hehe, you just made by otherwise poor day good

The_Admiral
2010-05-28, 07:31 AM
I think (as much as it pains me) that my little brother would be classed as a Bard, because he is a master of the "look how sweet and innocent I am, let me off" gambit, which unfortunately requires a great deal of charisma to pull off repeatedly.

You can get ranks in Perform (Xbox), right?

nah that is just a circumstance modifier for cuteness it will disappear when he is about 10?maybe

Pika...
2010-05-31, 01:03 AM

- Successfully opened a child-saftey-locked cabinet.
- Wriggled free from multiple attempts to grapple her into a pair of pants.
- Located several dangerous traps, and sent the big people ahead to set them off.
- Stolen a spoon from a restaurant, unbeknownst to wife and me. (Apparently she tossed it in the diaper bag when we weren't looking).

Yep, it's looking like I've got a little Rogue. :smallbiggrin:

Aww. So cute.

Although, I fear you might go prematurely gray for some reason. :smallbiggrin:

Deca
2010-05-31, 06:08 AM

Look for the baby that's casting spells but's still wearing heavy plate.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 06:13 AM
Look for the one that's casting spells but's still wearing heavy plate.

It's so obvious, how did we not think of this.

Runestar
2010-05-31, 06:27 AM
What if she's a cloistered cleric? :smalltongue:

Drascin
2010-05-31, 06:54 AM
Heh. I can sympathize. My little sister showed signs of going Cleric with a route to Apostle of Peace from very early on - the exceedingly peaceful disposition, a sunshine-and-rainbows attitude that rivals Piffany from Nodwick, obviously high Wis but not stellar Intelligence... and the ability to open a can of whoop-ass without even noticing but being always unwilling to even fight. Seriously, an eight year old girl shouldn't be able to bullrush twelve year old boys around without even meaning to. Hooray for Bull's Strength and Divine Power :smallbiggrin:.