PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstorm Blade or Warblade?

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 02:00 PM
Basically what the title says. Is Bloodstorm Blade worth losing out on all those Maneuvers?

Starting at Level 6, can't Level dip for Pounce or anything else. Fats and such are as yet undecided.

Thanks in advance,
K-B

Draz74
2010-05-26, 02:18 PM
If you really want to be a thrown-weapon-based character? Yes.

Otherwise? No.

Grumman
2010-05-26, 02:20 PM
I think there is generally agreement that the first four levels of Bloodstorm Blade are worthwhile.

PId6
2010-05-26, 02:21 PM
Agree with Draz.

Also, if you do go with Bloodstorm Blade, 2 or 4 level dip max; it's not worthwhile to go further than that.

Edit: Swordsage'd

Akal Saris
2010-05-26, 02:24 PM
I like bloodstorm blade, but in terms of sheer power straight warblade beats it. Bloodstorm blade is still a terrific PrC, since it takes thrown weapons and makes it a viable fighting style, especially when combined with master thrower.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 02:31 PM
Ok so 4 levels max. Check.

Do BB levels add fully to your IL or 1/2? If full: BB, if not: Straight Warblade I think.

Edit: Would a TWF Bloodstorm Blade work? Whirlwind of metal?

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-05-26, 02:44 PM
I like BsB's higher level abilities but no it does not add fully to IL so if you're not playing a dedicated thrower forget about it.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 02:50 PM
I like BsB's higher level abilities but no it does not add fully to IL so if you're not playing a dedicated thrower forget about it.

Duly noted. Thanks much.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-05-26, 03:02 PM
For even more thrown weapon goodness, Master Thrower is a good 2nd PrC to go into after your dip in Bloodstorm Blade.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-26, 03:56 PM

Actually, I believe it states in ToB that a PrC that adds maneuvers is treated as giving full IL.

If they didn't, then PrCs like Master of Nine are pointless and bad.

Further, if you look at the sample characters given after each PrC, their IL is equal to what it would be if their PrC added full IL.

(Male human warblade 6/bloodclaw master 3; Maneuvers and Stances Known (IL 9th):)

Edit: I agree with going to Master Thrower after Bloodstorm Blade as well. And, if you can qualify for the Fling Ally and Fling Enemy Feats, Bloodstorm Blade becomes incredibly funny. :smallbiggrin:

Edit-2: Just need Goliath, Half-Giant or Large Size, Str 19 & the Rock Throwing Feat (which is also pretty funny with Bloodstorm Blade).

Swok
2010-05-26, 04:00 PM
The problem there is that Bloodstorm Blade does not grant maneuvers known or readied.

I have no idea why, but it does not.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-26, 04:22 PM
The problem there is that Bloodstorm Blade does not grant maneuvers known or readied.

I have no idea why, but it does not.

And, you are correct... the sample character treats Bloodstorm Blade as a 1/2 IL class. :smallannoyed:

Very dumb. :smallmad:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 04:28 PM
Guess they thought BsB was badass enough he didn't need Manoeuvres.

Which is of course dumb considering his abilities rely on having Iron Heart strikes ready to expend.